ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #2321
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Now he says

"“Russians had no compromising information on Donald Trump” @FoxNews Of course not, because there is none, and never was. This whole Witch Hunt is an illegal disgrace...and Obama did nothing about Russia!"
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #2322
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

HPSCI majority "charge and response" to minority memo
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #2323
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The TL,DR on the memo: Nunes lies like a rug.
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #2324
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Though Nunes is much thicker.
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #2325
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Aber View Post
There are 2 obvious categories of redactions:
- others in the Trump campaign who are under investigation
- things which says Steele is a credible source

Plus I think evidence of Page's and Papadopoulos' links to the Trump campaign.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #2326
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Thank you for the link.

Just read it.

Yet again I find myself finding the Democratic position the more credible one.
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #2327
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
THat's been obvious ever since he went publicly running to the White House in order to tell them things that he had learned from the White House. We also knew that the FBI had good reason to be suspicious of many people surrounding Dolt 45 (and Page's guilty plea seals that one right up), and that Dolt 45 is still wildly unqualified (which has been obvious for decades now).

Basically, no real changes as of now - Mueller's already blasted Nunes & Friends out of the water. The FBI's already working on their own.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #2328
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Thank you for the link.

Just read it.

Yet again I find myself finding the Democratic position the more credible one.
It makes a valiant attempt to smear Steele, but in doing so it really highlights that the FBI had plenty of reason to be on Page's case and that the FISC had plenty of reason to issue a warrant. What's perhaps less obvious is that renewing the warrant three times implies that it was bearing fruit. Anyway, Mueller's investigation looks unstoppable now, so I'd advise Trumpists to put on their crash helmets.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #2329
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
It makes a valiant attempt to smear Steele...
I did not get that impression at all. Do you have specific passages in mind?

Let me look at it again.
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #2330
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
I did not get that impression at all. Do you have specific passages in mind?

Let me look at it again.
The entire purpose of this attack on Steele is to imply that Hillary paid him to make up anti-Trump stuff and that "Steele was motivated by a 'desperate' desire to keep Donald Trump from becoming President," so nothing in the dossier should be believed.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:22 AM   #2331
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

The entire purpose of this attack on Steele is to imply that Hillary paid him to make up anti-Trump stuff and that "Steele was motivated by a 'desperate' desire to keep Donald Trump from becoming President," so nothing in the dossier should be believed.
Are we talking about the same document?
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #2332
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Are we talking about the same document?
Sorry; I was referring to the Republican response to the Democratic memo.
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #2333
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
First look should be at the footnotes which include Donald Trump. Will be fun to see if some of the blacked-out (thanks to Trump gov fears of sources and methods revelations) parts get leaked. Finally Schiff -> labour camp.
what do you mean by this?
Old Today, 02:14 AM   #2334
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

What's perhaps less obvious is that renewing the warrant three times implies that it was bearing fruit.
You can only get a FISA warrant renewed if you can demonstrate that the surveillance is getting you new evidence.
Old Today, 02:23 AM   #2335
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
As funny as expected. I like that, for example, they complain that the Steele dossier's partisan origins "relies on a convoluted statement buried in a footnote", which they claim "is clearly an attempt to avoid informing the Court, in a straightforward manner that the DNC and Clinton campaign paid for the dossier". To me that rather implies that they assume that the court doesn't actually read the documents they're ruling on, just as Nunes didn't read the documents his memo was about.
Old Today, 02:40 AM   #2336
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Trump really does hear what he wants to hear - even from Fox News: https://twitter.com/brianstelter/sta...66191207370753

Quote:
Holy moly. The @FoxNews anchor said "Congressman Schiff, he ARGUES the REPUBLICAN memo omitted and distorted key facts." Trump just deleted 5 words from the quote to allege the opposite meaning.

Originally Posted by Trump
“Congressman Schiff omitted and distorted key facts” @FoxNews So, what else is new. He is a total phony!
Old Today, 02:56 AM   #2337
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Seth Abramson's live tweeting of his reading of the Democratic memo

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics