IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags hillary clinton , joe biden , political speculation

Old 7th May 2012, 02:14 PM   #41
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Originally Posted by Beerina View Post

The one guy who might have generated mild excitement, Christie, wisely chose not to run given winning is hardly a sure thing, and getting re-nominated in 4 years to try again after flopping is even harder.
We might have had a horse race, I agree. But the nomination is hard for somebody like Christie to get.
Old 7th May 2012, 04:00 PM   #42
applecorped
Banned

Originally Posted by BenBurch View Post
We might have had a horse race, I agree. But the nomination is hard for somebody like Christie to get.
Now it'll just be a dog race.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2012, 04:06 PM   #43
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Now it'll just be a dog race.
If Romney puts his in a box on the roof of his car he'll win then.

Ok it was a cheap shot but it was just begging for it.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2012, 04:45 PM   #44
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
If Romney puts his in a box on the roof of his car he'll win then.

Ok it was a cheap shot but it was just begging for it.
You know, honestly, I don't think the dog was in danger whatsoever. And a whole lot safer than THIS idea;

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/dog-r...running-board/
Old 7th May 2012, 07:50 PM   #45
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Thompson View Post
Without you giving me a specific example, I do not know how to respond. What other person has made it to the top lately who is like this?

By the way, I do not support any political figure in the public eye right now. So I have no idea what you are talking about.
I don't think you really believe that Hilary, among all others, has, in private, a more abrasive personality or potty mouth than dozens of prominent political leaders that I'm sure you don't like very much, but somehow don't hate "with the intensity of a thousand suns".

Nothing you've described as a reason truly sets her apart from her fellow politicians, even the ones that enjoy similar influence. So I'm thinking it's got to be something different.

Last edited by gnome; 7th May 2012 at 07:52 PM.
gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2012, 11:09 AM   #46
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Seems to me most of her anger was directed at staff that have to be around her nearly every waking moment. When you are around someone that much you are going to say things that are mean. Hell I love my dad but because we have lived together so much I've said some things during heated moments I'd like to take back.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics