ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Andrew McCabe , donald trump , George Papadopoulos , Michael Cohen , Paul Manafort , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Closed Thread
Old 9th February 2019, 07:08 PM   #4081
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 11,327
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
/quick reminder: the rule of so states that where a post starts with the word so and purports to characterize another person's argument, the sentence invariably contains a strawman.
So, where's the strawman in this post?
__________________
#THEYAREUS
The Mueller Report must be released to Congress in full - If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should also have nothing to fear!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2019, 07:08 PM   #4082
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,364
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Those are not examples of the Rule of So
How about you actually address the topic?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2019, 07:11 PM   #4083
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,535
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
So, I saw what you did there!
So what?
__________________
"We're done! We're done! GET OUT!"
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2019, 09:29 PM   #4084
Lurch
Muse
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
So what?
So there!
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2019, 09:56 PM   #4085
Paul2
Philosopher
 
Paul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,083
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
So there!
Sew a button.
__________________
It's nice to be nice to the nice.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 05:51 AM   #4086
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,429
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Those are not examples of the Rule of So, and your "point" about "equivocation" was laughably wrong.

/quick reminder: the rule of so states that where a post starts with the word so and purports to characterize another person's argument, the sentence invariably contains a strawman.
So, it's a ******** rule based on a misunderstanding. When one uses "so", they are suggesting that what follows can be inferred from the preceding. He is not "characterizing" another's argument but rather drawing a conclusion using the previous post as premises.

Of course, his conclusion may be erroneous. He may exaggerate the literal meaning of the previous post, essentially a straw man argument. But the claim that every such use "invariably contains a strawman" is ********, as is your feeble misunderstanding of the use of "so" itself.

Again, you have proved yourself immune to correction and I expect this patient explanation will do no good. I won't continue this conversation, since is not a thread aimed at teaching you basic reasoning skills.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 05:54 AM   #4087
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,429
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
So, where's the strawman in this post?
Strictly speaking, that's a different use of "so". You're using it as an introductory participle [1], not as a synonym for "therefore". It is the latter that confuses TBD.

[1] Per https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/so.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 06:14 AM   #4088
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20,253
So, why isn't all this 'So' in a thread of it's own?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 06:34 AM   #4089
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,364
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
So, it's a ******** rule based on a misunderstanding. When one uses "so", they are suggesting that what follows can be inferred from the preceding. He is not "characterizing" another's argument but rather drawing a conclusion using the previous post as premises.
Yeah, so, but it's such an easy way to dismiss facts and arguments you don't like.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 06:49 AM   #4090
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20,253
trump tweets

Senator Richard Burr, The Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, just announced that after almost two years, more than two hundred interviews, and thousands of documents, they have found NO COLLUSION BETWEEN TRUMP AND RUSSIA! Is anybody really surprised by this?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 06:59 AM   #4091
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,429
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
So, why isn't all this 'So' in a thread of it's own?
A fair point and I won't continue the discussion.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 06:59 AM   #4092
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 20,513
Before the derail by TBD using his eccentric ideas of fallacies, including his made up ones, it's worth revisiting the post that got him riled up:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Which looks pretty reasonable given this article linked by TBD - thanks for that.


Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
It is odd, plenty of people have made that claim, but literally none have ever backed it up. Just like you didn't there.

Seth is a charlatan, as i have explained and shown repeatedly. case in point, for some bizarre reason you have chosen to inflict upon the readers of this thread Seth's unrelentingly biased spin on an article rather than the actual honest to god article. Seth then inflicts on his innocent and bluepilled readers the grossly unfounded claim that the investigation has "shocked the Senate." That is a spectacularly idiotic opinion that is directly at odds with the actual article that he is purporting to interpret for his gullible readers.

Seth is a charlatan, gifter and deliberate and admitted prevaricator.

ladies and gentlemen here is the actual source article, you don't need Seth to chew it up and dribble it into your gaping maws like birds in a nest:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/richard...on-2-years-on/
I hate twitter feeds, and I hated reading Sethís feed as well, as it sounded like bombast.

Thank you for linking to the article that, once again, showed the exact opposite of your postís argument.

The article reports what Seth, in stupid tweet form, says it does, and much more succinctly.
looks like a nothingburger - that's what these quotes, for example mean, don't they?

Quote:
Burr, who is known in Senate hallways for his preference to go sockless and the two-fingered hook that often bears his jacket, has spoken little about the probe he leads. But he thinks deeply about how its conclusions should be presented. And he acknowledges now that the investigation is broader, and perhaps more consequential, than it has long been thought to be.



Quote:
He made clear that the investigation is not compiling the story of one pivotal election, but of something larger, more complicated and, from a counterintelligence perspective, more nefarious. The final report may be so highly classified, he said, that a meaningful portion may not be made public at all.
ETA: That looks as though it has shocked the Senate committee
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 07:25 AM   #4093
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 30,913
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
So, why isn't all this 'So' in a thread of it's own?

Because attention must be diverted from the Mueller investigation.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 07:50 AM   #4094
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,364
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
trump tweets

Senator Richard Burr, The Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, just announced that after almost two years, more than two hundred interviews, and thousands of documents, they have found NO COLLUSION BETWEEN TRUMP AND RUSSIA! Is anybody really surprised by this?
No, I'm not surprised, but not for the reason he thinks.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 09:03 AM   #4095
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
So, where's the strawman in this post?
So, where are you purporting to characterize another personís post?

Címon folks, it ainít that complex.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 09:07 AM   #4096
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,364
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
So, where are you purporting to characterize another personís post?
So, you don't have an actual contribution to make to the topic?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 09:19 AM   #4097
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Before the derail by TBD using his eccentric ideas of fallacies, including his made up ones, it's worth revisiting the post that got him riled up:

Which looks pretty reasonable given this article linked by TBD - thanks for that.
Hi Jimbob, and thanks for checking in! I did not create the derail, your fellow travelers did in order to ignore the comprehensive analysis I posted that demonstrated that Seth's analysis of Burr's article was blatantly frivolous, and at this point pure gaslighting. Let the big dog walk you through it again:

You said this:

"Seth Abramson thread on what Burr actually said, and how it's emphatically not "No Collusion by the Trump Campaign and Russia""

"looks pretty reasonable." Except as I have previously pointed out what Burr actually said (and not Seth's deliberately misquoting, ellipses, etc):

Burr: "If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia."

Now that not only seems emphatic, it demonstrated that Seth was totally full of malarkey.

So, any more questions?
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 10:03 AM   #4098
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 20,513
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hi Jimbob, and thanks for checking in! I did not create the derail, your fellow travelers did in order to ignore the comprehensive analysis I posted that demonstrated that Seth's analysis of Burr's article was blatantly frivolous, and at this point pure gaslighting. Let the big dog walk you through it again:

You said this:

"Seth Abramson thread on what Burr actually said, and how it's emphatically not "No Collusion by the Trump Campaign and Russia""

"looks pretty reasonable." Except as I have previously pointed out what Burr actually said (and not Seth's deliberately misquoting, ellipses, etc):

Burr: "If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia."

Now that not only seems emphatic, it demonstrated that Seth was totally full of malarkey.

So, any more questions?
Burr is saying that there's evidence of something more nefarious.

From the evidence in the public domain, it is still just conceivable that Trump mightn't have realised how the Russian state was orchestrating the attacks on the Democratic Party campaign.

It does require Trump to be even more of a fool than most people have given him credit for, and I doubt it, but it is still possible.
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 10:08 AM   #4099
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Burr is saying that there's evidence of something more nefarious.

From the evidence in the public domain, it is still just conceivable that Trump mightn't have realised how the Russian state was orchestrating the attacks on the Democratic Party campaign.

It does require Trump to be even more of a fool than most people have given him credit for, and I doubt it, but it is still possible.
Going to have to go right ahead and point out that Obama was President at the time the events were occurring, AND you appear to be assuming that the nefarious evidence relates to Trump's involvement, rather than what appears to be more likely, the Steele/Fusion debacle orchestrated by the Dems.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 10:10 AM   #4100
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,604
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Going to have to go right ahead and point out that Obama was President at the time the events were occurring, AND you appear to be assuming that the nefarious evidence relates to Trump, rather than what appears to be more likely, the Steele/Fusion debacle.
I bet it is neither and simply related to election security and interference generally.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 10:13 AM   #4101
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I bet it is neither and simply related to election security and interference generally.
That, Bob, is an excellent point!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 01:26 PM   #4102
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 73,313
The House Judiciary Committee hearing interviewing Whitaker, what a hoot when the shoe's in the other party's foot.

NPR article

I watched some of it on CSPAN. Congressperson Nadler pretty much called Whitaker a liar at the end of the hearing when Whitaker claimed he never discussed anything about the Mueller investigation with anyone in the White House.
__________________
Restore checks and balances no matter your party affiliation.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 01:40 PM   #4103
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Oh Hai Cnn what are YOU doing here? Giggle giggle.

You set up here so you can get video of us using paramilitary tactics and assault weapons to arrest an old man in his shorts!

Perp walk will be here. wink wink..

Stone releases video of the staged arrest

Last edited by The Big Dog; 10th February 2019 at 02:03 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 01:45 PM   #4104
Cavemonster
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,383
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Oh Hai Cnn what are YOU doing here? Giggle giggle.

You set up here so you can get video of us using paramilitary tactics and assault weapons to arrest an old man in his shorts!

Perp walk will be here. wink wink..

Stone releases video of the staged circus arrest
Yes, this seems like a perfectly cromulent website giving an accurate and unbiased reading of the video in question.
__________________
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 01:57 PM   #4105
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
Yes, this seems like a perfectly cromulent website giving an accurate and unbiased reading of the video in question.
Huh, I had a perfect tweet that showed the video that Stone released... will look again...

here is a better link to an article that embeds the video...

CNN show up early...

Last edited by The Big Dog; 10th February 2019 at 02:02 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 01:58 PM   #4106
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall
 
Brainache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canberra
Posts: 17,209
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Oh Hai Cnn what are YOU doing here? Giggle giggle.

You set up here so you can get video of us using paramilitary tactics and assault weapons to arrest an old man in his shorts!

Perp walk will be here. wink wink..

Stone releases video of the staged circus arrest
CNN is a large news organisation with lots of resources. The fact that Stone was a lying scumbag cronie of the Trump crime family was well known. It would be surprising if CNN didn't have a crew standing-by outside his house.

They probably have crews standing-by outside Jared and Ivanka's place right now. The chances might be low that they'll actually get anything, but CNN would be pissed off if an arrest happened and they weren't there to document all the paramilitary gestapo goodness...
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 02:00 PM   #4107
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,364
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Oh Hai Cnn what are YOU doing here? Giggle giggle.

You set up here so you can get video of us using paramilitary tactics and assault weapons to arrest an old man in his shorts!

Perp walk will be here. wink wink..

Stone releases video of the staged circus arrest
So, do you have a point?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 03:38 PM   #4108
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,168
TBD is shilling for Stone now? Does he realise he could not have picked a worse "hero"...well, with one exception?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 10th February 2019 at 03:39 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 03:54 PM   #4109
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,364
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
TBD is shilling for Stone now? Does he realise he could not have picked a worse "hero"...well, with one exception?
Doesn't matter. The objective is to speak against "the left". Nothing else matters. So...
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 04:07 PM   #4110
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,168
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Doesn't matter. The objective is to speak against "the left". Nothing else matters. So...
Maybe he should practice more. He's not very good at it. Or is he the best there is?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 04:53 PM   #4111
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,364
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Maybe he should practice more. He's not very good at it. Or is he the best there is?
Par for the course.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 07:34 PM   #4112
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,168
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Par for the course.
Three over on every hole including a trip to the rough every time. But let's call it a "Trump gimme birdie".
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 08:23 PM   #4113
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
TBD is shilling for Stone now? Does he realise he could not have picked a worse "hero"...well, with one exception?
TBD is Actually criticizing Mueller and their propaganda stooges cnn, which goes way beyond the alleged minor process violations Stone was charged.

Miranda was not all that good a guy either, but now his name is representative of basic principles of justice.

Sorry if I aspire toward loftier things. Not sorry.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 09:15 PM   #4114
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 11,327
I don't have any problem whatsoever with the FBI showing up fully armed to arrest Stone. He's a lowlife scumbag - one step away from being a mobster, (perhaps even less than one step), he has intimidated witnesses and threatened to kill people.

Stone's characterisation of the arrest as being like Seal Team Six taking out Usama bin Laden were just outright lies, proven so by his release of his own security video. It shows the warrant being executed in a textbook, orderly fashion. Every one of the ex-FBI commenters have given them a 10/10 for the way it was carried out.
__________________
#THEYAREUS
The Mueller Report must be released to Congress in full - If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should also have nothing to fear!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 12:14 AM   #4115
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,168
Stone never met a fact he couldn't lie about.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 01:29 AM   #4116
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 40,076
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I don't have any problem whatsoever with the FBI showing up fully armed to arrest Stone. He's a lowlife scumbag - one step away from being a mobster, (perhaps even less than one step), he has intimidated witnesses and threatened to kill people.

Stone's characterisation of the arrest as being like Seal Team Six taking out Usama bin Laden were just outright lies, proven so by his release of his own security video. It shows the warrant being executed in a textbook, orderly fashion. Every one of the ex-FBI commenters have given them a 10/10 for the way it was carried out.
Armed wacky conspiracy theorist with like minded friends. What could go wrong.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 03:28 AM   #4117
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 81,364
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
TBD is Actually criticizing Mueller
Belz... doesn't think what TBD is doing is criticism, but partisan rhetoric.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 03:55 AM   #4118
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,470
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Belz... doesn't think what TBD is doing is criticism, but partisan rhetoric.
I find it quite odd that anyone would be so enslaved by Trump that they would fall so low as to imitate his faux third person self referencing.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 05:48 AM   #4119
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,594
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
TBD is Actually criticizing Mueller and their propaganda stooges cnn, which goes way beyond the alleged minor process violations Stone was charged.

Miranda was not all that good a guy either, but now his name is representative of basic principles of justice.

Sorry if I aspire toward loftier things. Not sorry.
I find it best to be wary of individuals who speak of themselves in the third person.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2019, 05:56 AM   #4120
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,604
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
TBD is Actually criticizing Mueller and their propaganda stooges cnn, which goes way beyond the alleged minor process violations Stone was charged.

Miranda was not all that good a guy either, but now his name is representative of basic principles of justice.

Sorry if I aspire toward loftier things. Not sorry.
If you aspired to loftier things, you would have a reputation as someone who has cared about justice reform here.

You don't seem to have that.

Get in line behind the people who have cared regardless who has been the target.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.