ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Old 7th February 2019, 08:24 AM   #641
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

From: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ctions-1151386
At issue for Democrats — and many Republicans — is that the administration was too easy on Deripaska when Treasury cut a deal to relax sanctions on Russian companies Rusal, EN+ and EuroSibEnergo...Last week, Waters and the chairmen of the House Intelligence and Foreign Affairs Committees asked Mnuchin to produce all documents related to the decision....the Treasury Department did not meet the Tuesday deadline the committee chairs set.

Now, I think we're all in agreement here... the reason they didn't produce the documents is because Trump was SOOO tough on Russia that it was embarrassing. Am I right?

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2019, 08:53 PM   #642
Dabop
Muse

Talking

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Sure, but I'm talking about while he's still in office.

He'd have to sit around that run-down, dump of a White House ... all alone ... or go to someone else's golf resort*. Which would certainly be anathema to him.

(*- Assuming there are any that would let him in.)
I'm pretty sure there would be a rundown mini puttputt around somewhere he might be allowed into still....
maybe...

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2019, 07:47 AM   #643
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

House Democrats are planning a huge investigation into Trump & Russia, with a focus on money laundering

Included in this will be trying to find out what was said in Trump's private meeting with Putin, and if necessary they will subpoena the interpreter.
Old 13th February 2019, 08:07 AM   #644
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Putin's nightmare of having his billions seized under the Magnitsky act might come true after all.
Old 13th February 2019, 09:04 AM   #645
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Putin's nightmare of having his billions seized under the Magnitsky act might come true after all.
Probably not a nightmare - more a minor inconvenience.

Putin has plenty of places to store his wealth and the full resources of the Russian state.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2019, 09:10 AM   #646
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Probably not a nightmare - more a minor inconvenience.

Putin has plenty of places to store his wealth and the full resources of the Russian state.
yeah, but as we know, rich Russians don't want they assets to be in Russia.
Also, should Putin get canned somehow, he will want to have his hoard somewhere where the Motherland can't get to.
Old 13th February 2019, 09:18 AM   #647
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
yeah, but as we know, rich Russians don't want they assets to be in Russia.
Also, should Putin get canned somehow, he will want to have his hoard somewhere where the Motherland can't get to.
Rich Russians don't want all their assets in Russia because they might get appropriated by the state - see how Putin dealt with the oligarchs early on.

Somehow, I doubt that Putin has that worry - he'll be dead when he stops running the state, the only question would be which comes first.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 10:27 AM   #648
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/s...58970298863616

Quote:
#Russia's state TV:
Military and political experts argue that the situation between #Ukraine & Russia will inevitably escalate into an open military confrontation, predicting it will happen sometime after the elections. No one seems concerned with Trump's potential reaction.
Old 14th February 2019, 10:32 AM   #649
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Of course not. When he needs to have a reaction, they will tell him what it is.
Beelzebuddy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2019, 01:39 AM   #650
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...01014032646145

Quote:
Andrew McCabe says that Trump, according an FBI official, once allegedly said, "I don't care. I believe Putin," rejecting U.S. intel regarding North Korean intercontinental ballistic missile capability. Via CBS
Video embedded in tweet.
Old Today, 04:21 AM   #651
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...74373348642825

Quote:
NEWS: Michael Cohen to testify publicly before the House Oversight Committee on Feb. 27.
https://twitter.com/JohnWDean/status...20504833085445

Quote:
I asked Cohen’s attny what he’ll say? @LannyDavis responded while my cell was off: “He will pull the curtain back and we will hear true stories of Trump’s complicity in crimes, and his immoral, bigoted, and morally vacant character in specific, detailed personal anecdotes.”
Old Today, 05:23 AM   #652
Tero
Graduate Poster

Trump has looked guilty to every Democrat since 2016: Why work so hard to stop them if you truly aren't worried about what they'll find?
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/19/p...ion/index.html
trump the duck, last paragraph, LOL
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #653
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Looks like even the Senate is continuing to look into Trump's business practices.

From: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/polit...ntl/index.html
The Senate Intelligence Committee, which is probing allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 elections, has been keen to speak with David Geovanis... Geovanis helped organize a 1996 trip to Moscow by Trump, who was in the early stages of pursuing what would become a long-held goal of building a Trump Tower in the Russian capital, according to multiple media reports at the time. Years later, Geovanis worked for the Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, whose ties to Trump's 2016 campaign chairman Paul Manafort have also been of interest to investigators.

Have to admit, I'm a little surprised to see the Republilcan-controlled senate digging as deeply into Trump's background as it is. Not sure if 1) its an attempt to "get there first" and defuse any problems Trump might encounter, or 2) there are enough republicans who were interested enough to join the Democrats in forcing an investigation.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics