ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags peer review goalposts

Old 19th April 2008, 06:03 AM   #121
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Sounds like you tell them who will review it.
It reads more like you can suggest reviewers, but the "editorial advisory board" still has to be consulted. Still, I'm not experienced enough in the process to know if this is unusual, or how rigorous their review process is.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:08 AM   #122
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
It reads more like you can suggest reviewers, but the "editorial advisory board" still has to be consulted. Still, I'm not experienced enough in the process to know if this is unusual, or how rigorous their review process is.
I agree. I'm sure they have to approve the reviewers. This type of journal wouldn't normally have it's own reviewers in the relevant fields. They publish such a wide variety of subjects.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:09 AM   #123
fullflavormenthol
Master Poster

Originally Posted by deep44 View Post

1. Please provide proof that a fee was paid.
It was published, and they require a fee for publication.....

Quote:
2. Please define "vanity publisher".
Quote:
Encarta
van·i·ty pub·lish·ing

noun
Definition:

publishing at authors' expense: the business of publishing books at the author's expense
Quote:
If you're implying that the paper wasn't peer-reviewed, you're lying.
Well our definitions of peer-review seem a little different. I use it in the academic/professional term meaning that I don't get to choose my reviewers.

Quote:
..or feel free to continue embarrassing yourself and JREF by spouting those obvious lies. Like I said, you guys are only fooling yourselves.
Why lie? When the truth is oh so much more fun

Last edited by fullflavormenthol; 19th April 2008 at 06:11 AM.
fullflavormenthol is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:12 AM   #124
boloboffin

The question of Jones suggesting reviewers or not is easily resolved.

Jones should release his Covering Letter.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:13 AM   #125
Minadin
Master Poster

Wow. Pretty lame all around. It's like they aren't even trying anymore.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:17 AM   #126
Doctor Evil
Master Poster

Sounds like it might be a little bit over your head.
I must say I find your response amusing. Self serving assumptions, definitely not the way to go.

Last edited by Doctor Evil; 19th April 2008 at 06:19 AM.
Doctor Evil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:20 AM   #127
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

For god sake. Read the publishing terms for the journal. Are you that research challenged?
Yes he is. Unless someone holds his hand and personally shows him, he's clueless as to what to do.
Old 19th April 2008, 06:22 AM   #128
Walter Ego
Illuminator

I did provide proof. You must have missed it. Here it is again.

This is from the publishers webpage.
Quote:
PUBLICATION FEES: The publication fee details for each article published in the journal are given below:

Letters: The publication fee for each published Letter article submitted is $600.

Research Articles: The publication fee for each published Research article is $800.

Mini-Review Articles: The publication fee for each published Mini-Review article is $600.

Review Articles: The publication fee for each published Review article is $900.

Once the paper is accepted for publication, the author will receive by email an electronic invoice. The fee form is also available on the Web site at www.bentham.org/open/feeform Submissions from the Editorial Board Members of the journals will receive a special discount of 50% on the total publication fee. Submissions by authors from developing countries will receive a discount of 30% on the total publication fee charge.

http://www.bentham.org/open/tociej/MSandI.htm
It's possible the fee was waived but I kinda doubt it.

Quote:
2. Please define "vanity publisher".

Vanity publishers charge authors to get published. See above.

Quote:
If you're implying that the paper wasn't peer-reviewed, you're lying.
This from the publisher suggests Jones could have nonimated the 'peers' to review his paper (or letter or whatever it is).

Quote:
Quote:
REVIEWING AND PROMPTNESS OF PUBLICATION: All manuscripts submitted for publication will be immediately subjected to peer-reviewing, usually in consultation with the members of the Editorial Advisory Board and a number of external referees. Authors may, however, provide in their Covering Letter the contact details (including e-mail addresses) of four potential peer reviewers for their paper. Any peer reviewers suggested should not have recently published with any of the authors of the submitted manuscript and should not be members of the same research institution.All peer-reviewing will be conducted via the Internet to facilitate rapid reviewing of the submitted manuscripts. Every possible effort will be made to assess the manuscripts quickly with the decision being conveyed to the authors in due course.

Last edited by Walter Ego; 19th April 2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: peer review
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:24 AM   #129
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Someday, truthers will learn that bluster and spittle is not an effective way to press their arguement.

On that day, they will probably stop being truthers.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:25 AM   #130
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Who wants to bet that Richard Gage was one of the reviewers?

Something tells me that "Honest" Steven Jones won't be releasing the identities of his "peer reviewers".

Last edited by WildCat; 19th April 2008 at 06:25 AM.
WildCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:27 AM   #131
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

2. Please define "vanity publisher". If you're implying that the paper wasn't peer-reviewed, you're lying.

--

..or feel free to continue embarrassing yourself and JREF by spouting those obvious lies. Like I said, you guys are only fooling yourselves.
That's it. You guys have officially become too pathetic to even be laughed at. A "paper" published in an obscure publication that they had to pay for (that's called "advertising" in the real world). And it's so watered down as to say absolutely nothing. And this to you is a major accomphishment. I can't laugh at you anymore, but it's not for the reason you probably anticipated.
Old 19th April 2008, 06:42 AM   #132
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
That's it. You guys have officially become too pathetic to even be laughed at. A "paper" published in an obscure publication that they had to pay for (that's called "advertising" in the real world). And it's so watered down as to say absolutely nothing. And this to you is a major accomphishment. I can't laugh at you anymore, but it's not for the reason you probably anticipated.
Jones is getting the effect he wanted. "Truthers" are jumping up and down about a paper reviewed and published in something other than a woo journal. The contents and context of this "break through" are irrelevant.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 06:53 AM   #133
JamesB
Master Poster

I guess the 911 blogger people read JREF religiously:

http://911blogger.com/node/15081

Quote:
(EDIT: FYI, it is extremely common for Open Access Journals to charge a publication fee. This in no way reflects upon the quality of the peer review process, or the contents of the paper. -rep.)
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 07:36 AM   #134
ref
Master Poster

The actual paper makes me yawn. Old points. Like comparing WTC attacks to a 707 landing in a fog and the comparison to the Empire State Building accident. What was the size of the plane that hit ESB again, Jones? What is the structure of ESB like?

And the usage of the NIST quote “…we are unable to provide a full explanation of the total collapse” without acknowledging the reason why NIST said this. Because the computer models were unable to converge a solution, because of the magnitude of deflections and the number of failures occurring.

That's a dishonest yawner of a paper.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 07:40 AM   #135
CHF
Illuminator

So after all that hype what do we get?

A JAQ-off piece where the author cites his own work as a source and appears to have picked his own reviewers.

Take a bow, TM!
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 07:44 AM   #136
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
So after all that hype what do we get?

A JAQ-off piece where the author cites his own work as a source and appears to have picked his own reviewers.

Take a bow, TM!
I'm SO proud of the truth movement. Their most recent triumph just brings a little tear to my eye....sniff....
Old 19th April 2008, 07:45 AM   #137
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 07:59 AM   #138
CHF
Illuminator

My God, Jones is still rambling about the "pancake" theory of collapse - ignoring the fact that it refers to how the collapse started.

Jones' next step would be to tackle the NIST theory that perimeter columns bending inwards started the collapse. Yet he won't touch it.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 09:02 AM   #139
tanabear
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Panoply_Prefect View Post
Ummm:

Did Popular Mechanics promote the FEMA "Pancake-theory" as a cause for collapse initiation as suggested by this article? Source given is:
"When you have a significant portion of a floor collapsing, it's going to shoot air and concrete dust out the window," NIST lead investigator Shyam Sunder tells PM. Those clouds of dust may create the impression of a controlled demolition, Sunder adds, "but it is the floor pancaking that leads to that perception."

"Unable to absorb the massive energy, that floor would fail, transmitting the forces to the floor below, allowing the collapse to progress downward through the building in a chain reaction. Engineers call the process "pancaking," and it does not require an explosion to begin, according to David Biggs, a structural engineer at Ryan-Biggs Associates and a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) team that worked on the FEMA report."

Undesired Walrus: "Why, Ron, Mark mentioned this on your very own show!"
tanabear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 09:19 AM   #140
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
I did provide proof. You must have missed it. Here it is again.

This is from the publishers webpage.

It's possible the fee was waived but I kinda doubt it.

Vanity publishers charge authors to get published. See above.

This from the publisher suggests Jones could have nonimated the 'peers' to review his paper (or letter or whatever it is).
Interestingly enough, according to the web page list of fees, an individual would have to also pay a fee just to refute Jones paper!
$600 payment just to say "That's a load of ****, or $900 to say "This paper is suffused with that which causes growth, and is very powerful" makes it irrefutable!
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 09:20 AM   #141
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by tanabear View Post
"When you have a significant portion of a floor collapsing, it's going to shoot air and concrete dust out the window," NIST lead investigator Shyam Sunder tells PM. Those clouds of dust may create the impression of a controlled demolition, Sunder adds, "but it is the floor pancaking that leads to that perception."

"Unable to absorb the massive energy, that floor would fail, transmitting the forces to the floor below, allowing the collapse to progress downward through the building in a chain reaction. Engineers call the process "pancaking," and it does not require an explosion to begin, according to David Biggs, a structural engineer at Ryan-Biggs Associates and a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) team that worked on the FEMA report."
Where in there does it say that the collapse was initiated by pancaking?
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 09:42 AM   #142
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Yup. I read it again and nowhere does any of this even imply that the collapse was initiated by pancaking. And, I checked Panoply_Perfect's question was indeed (bolding mine):
Quote:
Did Popular Mechanics promote the FEMA "Pancake-theory" as a cause for collapse initiation as suggested by this article?
So Tanebear how did your post answer the question? I suspect reading comprehension is becoming a lost art.

Last edited by twinstead; 19th April 2008 at 09:43 AM.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 09:59 AM   #143
tanabear
Critical Thinker

The collapse was initiated by a pancaking????? The initiation has been theorized either to be truss failure or column failure. The failure of the floor trusses creates a chain reaction of floors falling on top of each other, which eventually causes the entire tower to be destroyed. This is known as the pancake collapse theory.

tanabear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 10:07 AM   #144
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

The collapse was initiated by a pancaking????? The initiation has been theorized either to be truss failure or column failure. The failure of the floor trusses creates a chain reaction of floors falling on top of each other, which eventually causes the entire tower to be destroyed. This is known as the pancake collapse theory.
Do you know the difference between the floors and the trusses? This is a serious question, please answer.

Last edited by DGM; 19th April 2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 19th April 2008, 10:11 AM   #145
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by Panoply_Prefect View Post
Did Popular Mechanics promote the FEMA "Pancake-theory" as a cause for collapse initiation as suggested by this article? Source given is:
You answered this question with:

I posted asking.

Meaning, if you intention in posting those two quotes was to answer Panopoly, you failed to do so since neither quote mentioned the collapse initiating with pancaking.

So, as twinstead wrote, your reading comprehension is not very good.
Old 19th April 2008, 10:17 AM   #146
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

I believe the pancake theory surfaced in FEMA chapter 2 (someone correct me if Im wrong). As I understood it FEMA theorised that progressive pancaking was the cause of the collapse, while NIST rejected this. I can see that PM suggest that progressive pancaking was the cause of the collapse either.

/S

Last edited by Panoply_Prefect; 19th April 2008 at 10:26 AM.
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 10:29 AM   #147
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I am absolutely appalled that Jones is passing off this CRAP, as a technical, peer reviewed article "published in the literature."

THE VERY FIRST item cites the May 2002 Preliminary report from NIST mentioning diesel, BUT ignores the later update and in fact most recent UPDATE discounting this theory. As such, this letter is not scholarly, and in fact is grossly misleading.

The second item ignores the fact that any modeling of a plane hitting the Towers DID NOT account for fuel. I call this intellectual dishonesty.

Need I go on? This vanity piece that Jones paid to publish is intellectual fraud.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 19th April 2008 at 10:31 AM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 10:31 AM   #148
tanabear
Critical Thinker

Do you know the difference between the floors and the trusses? This is a serious question, please answer.
Yes, I'm aware of the difference. Explain why it is a serious question.

You answered this question with:

I posted asking.

Meaning, if you intention in posting those two quotes was to answer Panopoly, you failed to do so since neither quote mentioned the collapse initiating with pancaking.

So, as twinstead wrote, your reading comprehension is not very good.
That is because pancaking is the result of truss failure. It is an effect not a cause. What is meant by the phrase, "the collapse initiating with pancaking
"??????

Old 19th April 2008, 10:38 AM   #149
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

From the NIST WTC faq (my bolding):

Quote:
Based on this comprehensive investigation, NIST concluded that the WTC towers collapsed because: (1) the impact of the planes severed and damaged support columns, dislodged fireproofing insulation coating the steel floor trusses and steel columns, and widely dispersed jet fuel over multiple floors; and (2) the subsequent unusually large jet-fuel ignited multi-floor fires (which reached temperatures as high as 1,000 degrees Celsius) significantly weakened the floors and columns with dislodged fireproofing to the point where floors sagged and pulled inward on the perimeter columns. This led to the inward bowing of the perimeter columns and failure of the south face of WTC 1 and the east face of WTC 2, initiating the collapse of each of the towers. Both photographic and video evidence—as well as accounts from the New York Police Department aviation unit during a half-hour period prior to collapse—support this sequence for each tower.

NIST’s findings do not support the “pancake theory” of collapse, which is premised on a progressive failure of the floor systems in the WTC towers (the composite floor system—that connected the core columns and the perimeter columns—consisted of a grid of steel “trusses” integrated with a concrete slab; see diagram below). Instead, the NIST investigation showed conclusively that the failure of the inwardly bowed perimeter columns initiated collapse and that the occurrence of this inward bowing required the sagging floors to remain connected to the columns and pull the columns inwards. Thus, the floors did not fail progressively to cause a pancaking phenomenon.

NIST is talking about what initiated the collapse, not the subsequent events.

Quote:
(...)the collapse was initiated in the impact and fire floors of the WTC towers and nowhere else,

Now, did Jones actually get to pick peer-reviewers for this article? And what new insights does Jones, or truthers, draw from this text?

Last edited by Panoply_Prefect; 19th April 2008 at 10:45 AM.
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 10:45 AM   #150
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Yes, I'm aware of the difference. Explain why it is a serious question.

That is because pancaking is the result of truss failure. It is an effect not a cause. What is meant by the phrase, "the collapse initiating with pancaking
"??????
in·i·ti·ate verb, -at·ed, -at·ing, adjective, noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to begin, set going, or originate.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/initiating
Old 19th April 2008, 10:57 AM   #151
Par
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Dictator Cheney View Post
older version of windows just working fine?

Old 19th April 2008, 12:00 PM   #152
Edmund Standing
Thinker

As for whether or not a fee was paid - I'm not sure; however, I wouldn't be surprised, considering it is an open access journal. How else would you suggest they pay to host and maintain the website + cover general operational costs?
An example of a peer-reviewed open access journal that does not charge for publication is:

Archnet-IJAR: International Journal of Architectural Research

There are 1,120 open access journals listed at the Directory of Open Access Journals (doaj.org), go and take a look and see how many charge ridiculous fees for publication.
Edmund Standing is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 12:04 PM   #153
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Cardboard tube model is to WTC 1 & 2 construction

as

Paid-to-publish-'peer' Journal is to Real Professional Technical Journals.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 12:05 PM   #154
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Epic Fail!

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I guess the 911 blogger people read JREF religiously:

Quote:
(EDIT: FYI, it is extremely common for Open Access Journals to charge a publication fee. This in no way reflects upon the quality of the peer review process, or the contents of the paper. -rep.)
http://911blogger.com/node/15081
I saw that, but I read too quickly and assumed they meant you'd have to pay in order to read the article. That is common.

Paying to have it published, not so much. I've never heard of such a thing in my life -- at least, in legitimate journals. You know you're in trouble when you have to put up a disclaimer on a site frequented by your unquestioning supporters...

Like others have noted, the "review process" here is also highly irregular. That explains the combative and speculative nature of the text. This is nothing like any journal article I've ever seen, either.

Regarding the actual content, all I saw was a list of questions and corrections to NIST's wording that we've all seen for years. I don't openly disagree with much of the content, in fact every single one of these issues is something I discussed in my whitepaper, many in more depth.

The big difference is, I didn't have to shell out $600 to publish my whitepaper.

Honestly, this is a supremely pathetic move on the part of Dr. Jones. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Last edited by R.Mackey; 19th April 2008 at 12:06 PM.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 01:10 PM   #155
Sizzler
Graduate Poster

hey mods why did you merge these two threads. This deserves a new thread for sure. 911 truth movement hits a mainstream journal and you merge the thread with an old one????? Come on now........sad imo
Sizzler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 01:11 PM   #156
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

write your congressman
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 01:12 PM   #157
Sizzler
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
I saw that, but I read too quickly and assumed they meant you'd have to pay in order to read the article. That is common.

Paying to have it published, not so much. I've never heard of such a thing in my life -- at least, in legitimate journals. You know you're in trouble when you have to put up a disclaimer on a site frequented by your unquestioning supporters...

Like others have noted, the "review process" here is also highly irregular. That explains the combative and speculative nature of the text. This is nothing like any journal article I've ever seen, either.

Regarding the actual content, all I saw was a list of questions and corrections to NIST's wording that we've all seen for years. I don't openly disagree with much of the content, in fact every single one of these issues is something I discussed in my whitepaper, many in more depth.

The big difference is, I didn't have to shell out $600 to publish my whitepaper.

Honestly, this is a supremely pathetic move on the part of Dr. Jones. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
Why is it pathetic? Care to expand?
Sizzler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2008, 01:17 PM   #158
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

in·i·ti·ate verb, -at·ed, -at·ing, adjective, noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to begin, set going, or originate.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/initiating
I'd say I'm shocked that tanabear had to have that explained to him/her, but it's what I've come to expect from truthers.
Old 19th April 2008, 01:22 PM   #159
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by Sizzler View Post
Why is it pathetic? Care to expand?
certainly. "After submitting a half-dozen papers to established peer-reviewed technical journals over a period of nearly a year" they had to PAY to get published in a journal that even allowed them to peer review their own work before submission.

That's like paying a stripper to be your prom date, if you ask me. Yeah, it looks good, but it cost you out the ass.
Old 19th April 2008, 01:39 PM   #160
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
That's like paying a stripper to be your prom date, if you ask me. Yeah, it looks good, but it cost you out the ass.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories