IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Biden administration , Rachel Levine , transgender incidents , transgender issues , tucker carlson

Old 26th October 2021, 12:27 PM   #41
Warp12
Illuminator

I can only imagine what the rest of the world thinks when they see a fat, cross-dressing "Admiral" in such a role. They probably say, "This is the ideal person for this important position in public health". Zany.
Old 26th October 2021, 12:37 PM   #42
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I can only imagine what the rest of the world thinks when they see a fat, cross-dressing "Admiral" in such a role. They probably say, "This is the ideal person for this important position in public health". Zany.
Well, at least you only insulted her for being a "fat, cross-dressing "Admiral" instead of a "split-tail". You're making progress albeit in baby steps.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2021, 04:17 PM   #43
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I think I speak for most of the rest of the civilised world when I say that nobody cares but you.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2021, 06:40 PM   #44
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I can imagine that some people at least might consider that appearance is not the most vital qualification for an important position in public health, though I guess there are some who do not.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2021, 06:54 PM   #45
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Edgy. Not.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2021, 07:19 PM   #46
sackett
Philosopher

Hey, c'mon guys, Warp merely said that he can only imagine it. That's more than I could do -- hell, I still can't, and I bet none of you can either.

It takes a special breed of mind to imagine like that.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2021, 07:29 PM   #47
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Hey, c'mon guys, Warp merely said that he can only imagine it. That's more than I could do -- hell, I still can't, and I bet none of you can either.

More and more I am convinced that conservatives are simply not good people.

The ones here certainly like to dehumanize people ('Split Tails') they don't like.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2021, 11:28 AM   #48
Warp12
Illuminator

Originally Posted by sackett View Post

It doesn't take any imagination. Let's examine the claim:

1) Fat? Absolutely true.
2) Cross-dressing? No doubt whatsoever.
3) An "Admiral"? Yep.

Somehow you suspect that a large portion of the public doesn't look at this scenario and roll their eyes. That is the part that is hard to imagine.
Old 27th October 2021, 11:31 AM   #49
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Red face

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...99958cdcd8.jpg

1) Fat? Absolutely true.
3) An "Admiral"? Yep.

Somehow you suspect that a large portion of the public doesn't look at this scenario and roll their eyes. That is the part that is hard to imagine.
People probably don't think anything about it.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2021, 11:31 AM   #50
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...99958cdcd8.jpg

1) Fat? Absolutely true.
3) An "Admiral"? Yep.

So, not even gonna pretend it is about policy anymore?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2021, 11:44 AM   #51
Warp12
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Sure "policy" is the primary reason. If you watch this video, and watch Levine dance around this questioning, it should terrify you:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

There is no way that Levine is not highly biased on this subject, and not in a way that fits with what I believe about the trans issue when it comes to children. And I am far, far from alone on this matter.

Quote:
The position is a statutory office (42 U.S.C. § 202) and the holder of the office serves as the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services's primary advisor on matters involving the nation's public health.
It would be like having a Neo-Nazi oversee US policy towards Israel. There is simply no possibility that there isn't bias, no matter how good their employment history might be.

The fact that this person is a walking freak show is just the icing on the cake. Quite frankly, all the questioning session by Paul is missing is a horror movie soundtrack. Then people would think it was trailer for a movie about a fat shemale that has a respected job by day, but eats children by night.

Last edited by Warp12; 27th October 2021 at 11:45 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2021, 11:46 AM   #52
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Dragging fat people seems like a political loser for the US where so many of us are fat.
Old 27th October 2021, 12:03 PM   #53
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Typical Trump-like move: When you don't have any evidence and can't support your argument, go low, make up ****, and personally disparage. No bottom to that barrel.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2021, 12:49 PM   #54
Donal
Illuminator

As a proudly Christian and patriotic American, I don't care what some dirty, godless foreigners think about our brave military officers. Because I support the troops.
Old 27th October 2021, 01:20 PM   #55
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
They sure as hell shouldn't, unless they're in need of a date.

bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 12:45 AM   #56
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Dragging fat people seems like a political loser for the US where so many of us are fat.
Maybe, maybe not. Many people seem to have the superpower of self-delusion.

They're perfectly happy to make fun of and ridicule fat people for their life choices and laziness because their own obesity is due to a "slow metabolism" and other factors completely beyond their control.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 01:15 AM   #57
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Sure "policy" is the primary reason. If you watch this video, and watch Levine dance around this questioning, it should terrify you:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

There is no way that Levine is not highly biased on this subject, and not in a way that fits with what I believe about the trans issue when it comes to children. And I am far, far from alone on this matter.

It would be like having a Neo-Nazi oversee US policy towards Israel. There is simply no possibility that there isn't bias, no matter how good their employment history might be.

The fact that this person is a walking freak show is just the icing on the cake. Quite frankly, all the questioning session by Paul is missing is a horror movie soundtrack. Then people would think it was trailer for a movie about a fat shemale that has a respected job by day, but eats children by night.
Is Tucker planning on hopping over to OANN and this is an audition to fill his chair on FOX?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 01:27 AM   #58
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Typical Trump-like move: When you don't have any evidence and can't support your argument, go low, make up ****, and personally disparage. No bottom to that barrel.
I noticed the Warp has yet to tell us exactly what it is about Levine he doesn't like besides her being a "fat shemale cross-dressing 'Admiral' ". He must know what disagreements he has with her opinions on transgender children as he said"
"There is no way that Levine is not highly biased on this subject, and not in a way that fits with what I believe about the trans issue when it comes to children. " And yet he seems to be rather reticent about actually saying what those disagreement are.
Old 28th October 2021, 01:35 AM   #59
catsmate
No longer the 1

I think a moderately intelligent horse would be superior in intelligence and manners, and more capable of independent thought, than many Republican senators and congressthings.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 01:43 AM   #60
RolandRat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I don't believe that at all. In my opinion there are a lot of people that would consider this to be an issue for them. The world is no where near the stage of enlightenment you seem to believe it is at.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 08:13 AM   #61
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I noticed the Warp has yet to tell us exactly what it is about Levine he doesn't like besides her being a "fat shemale cross-dressing 'Admiral' ". He must know what disagreements he has with her opinions on transgender children as he said"
"There is no way that Levine is not highly biased on this subject, and not in a way that fits with what I believe about the trans issue when it comes to children. " And yet he seems to be rather reticent about actually saying what those disagreement are.
Well to be fair, if one presumes from the quality of his comments that he does not approve of a transsexual person holding high office, and finds it amusing that one of the great fools of the public world has compared her to a horse, one probably need not ask further what disagreements he has with her opinions on anything regarding transgender issues. One might wish for better articulation, just as something to argue about, but really, it would be overly generous, I think, to believe there is something more nuanced to say.

Old 28th October 2021, 09:48 AM   #62
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I AGREE

Wouldn’t it be more like having a Jew in charge of us policy towards Israel?

Not that we would let that happen, unless he married the President’s daughter.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 10:05 AM   #63
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It's the typical " I don't have a problem with 'X', but someone else might, so let's discriminate, just to be on the safe side".

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 10:24 AM   #64
Cat Not Included
Thinker

I AGREE

Is objecting to an overweight person with weird hair holding a public office some kind of outrage that its infringing on Trump's brand?

Yeah, she does a poor job of answering the questions. Then again, they are pretty nonsensical and loaded questions to begin with, so probably hard to answer properly, and essentially completely irrelevant to her job.

By the statistics I can find, while some people do go through gender transition surgery and later have regrets, the numbers are around the vicinity of the number of people that get struck by lightning each year. Should we be asking the prospective Secretary of Health questions about lightning strikes? can we really expect someone who hasn't been personally struck by lightning to not have a bias when it comes to protecting others?
Cat Not Included is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 04:01 PM   #65
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

"...objecting to an overweight person with weird hair holding a public office..."

Only if they're split tails.
Old 28th October 2021, 04:42 PM   #66
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Someone please send in a team to extract Tucker Carlson from Trump's ass:
Quote:
The host of Fox News' Tucker Carlson Tonight released the trailer for his Jan. 6 documentary Patriot Purge on Wednesday night, and it's as terrifying as you'd expect.

The first in a three-part series produced by Tucker Carlson Originals, the ominous trailer baselessly suggests the riot was a "false flag" plot "heralding the state persecution of conservatives," writes Insider.

The Fox icon has previously suggested Jan. 6 was a possible FBI set-up, through critics have "dismissed this idea as a conspiracy theory," writes Newsweek. On Wednesday, Carlson said he believes the documentary "answers a lot of the remaining questions from that day." The trailer says the project will tell "the true story behind the War on Terror 2.0 and the plot against the people," writes Vice News.

Of course, the Twitter-shared preview didn't come without some criticism. Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), a member of the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot, slammed Fox News for giving Carlson "a platform to spread the same type of lies that provoked violence on Jan. 6."
https://theweek.com/tucker-carlson/1...-his-new-jan-6

The disgusting trailer:
I AGREE
Old 28th October 2021, 06:02 PM   #67
Warp12
Illuminator

"...objecting to an overweight person with weird hair holding a public office..."

Referring to Levine as a "split tail" is an insult to women, and hardly appropriate.
Old 28th October 2021, 06:12 PM   #68
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Referring to Levine as a "split tail" is an insult to women, and hardly appropriate.
And of course, so is referring to women as "split tails."

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 06:17 PM   #69
Warp12
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
And of course, so is referring to women as "split tails."
They mostly like it, from my experience.
Old 28th October 2021, 06:28 PM   #70
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Limited as that is.

Is that one you know who likes it super hot, and lives in Canada?

ETA: I am also led to believe that sex workers will let you call them whatever you want, as long you are responsible for the bill.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 28th October 2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old 28th October 2021, 06:32 PM   #71
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I seem to recall hearing that we're known by the company we keep. Hmmm.

Old 28th October 2021, 08:24 PM   #72
Warp12
Illuminator

So easy, and so sad.
Old 28th October 2021, 08:27 PM   #73
Warp12
Illuminator

Seriously? "Overweight person with weird hair" is how we define Levine? After watching the scary video, where it dances around the questions? And then, knowing the reality of the situation with this man-cow pretending to be a woman?

I just can't see how any real woman considers this person to be a "woman". It is the ultimate insult to women, combined with the ultimate in liberal delusion.

Last edited by Warp12; 28th October 2021 at 08:30 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 08:53 PM   #74
Warp12
Illuminator

"Hello, "John Wayne Gacy in drag"? We appreciate your frightening testimony. You are one hell of a woman."

ISF Ultimate Combo.

Last edited by Warp12; 28th October 2021 at 09:36 PM.
Old 28th October 2021, 10:40 PM   #75
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

By that standard, bar Trump from office: bad health habits, bad sexual predator habits, bad lying mobster habits, and wicked failure to man up to factual reality.
Old 28th October 2021, 10:42 PM   #76
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

... I just can't see how any real woman considers this person to be a "woman". It is the ultimate insult to women, combined with the ultimate in liberal delusion.
Sigh. Nothing like a naive realist to remind you that science is not something that comes easy, particularly to those unable or unwilling to do the homework.
Old 28th October 2021, 10:57 PM   #77
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Seriously? "Overweight person with weird hair" is how we define Levine? After watching the scary video, where it dances around the questions? And then, knowing the reality of the situation with this man-cow pretending to be a woman?

I just can't see how any real woman considers this person to be a "woman". It is the ultimate insult to women, combined with the ultimate in liberal delusion.
And so that disqualifies them from the office they hold?

Also...

Old 29th October 2021, 12:30 AM   #78
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

As a woman, and one born into a female body, I can say Levine is more of a real woman than some men, born into male bodies, are 'real' men. In my estimation, a 'real' man doesn't need to denigrate others in order to make himself feel like a 'real' man. He doesn't need to call women derogatory names or insult them in order to boost his own puny, fragile ego. He doesn't need to attack others' sexual self-identify in order to assure himself of his own. Men who do that are pathetic losers. Trump is one such loser but he's certainly not the only one.
Old 29th October 2021, 12:46 AM   #79
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Someone please send in a team to extract Tucker Carlson from Trump's ass:

https://theweek.com/tucker-carlson/1...-his-new-jan-6

The disgusting trailer:
I AGREE
Fox Fraud News just wants to get people Killed and take away the right of their Critics to free speech, repeat of 2008, this time instead of idiot Birthers its idiot 6ers!
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2021, 01:32 AM   #80
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

1. Tucker Carlson did not even know there was such a thing as the Public Health Service Commissioned Officer Corps before somebody directed his attention to this announcement and he decided he would pretend to be upset about it on his nightly rage-opera.

2. His "special" about January 6 being a "false flag" staged by government liberals is probably going to provoke more January 6 -type incidents of varying severity, all of which he is also going to insist are false flags staged by government liberals.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics