IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Biden administration , Rachel Levine , transgender incidents , transgender issues , tucker carlson

Old 3rd November 2021, 07:25 PM   #161
Warp12
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Huh? I think Trump is a buffoon.

Now, what exactly does your or my argument have to do with Trump?
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Oh Bull! I've read your posts.
I don't think you have read them...I think you have read into them what you wished. But again, Trump has nothing to do with Levine. So, you can drop that angle.

It seems that attacking Trump is the "go to" for liberals, when all else fails.

Last edited by Warp12; 3rd November 2021 at 07:30 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2021, 07:37 PM   #162
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think you have read them...I think you have read into them what you wished. But again, Trump has nothing to do with Levine. So, you can drop that angle.

You really must think I'm stupid.
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:22 PM   #163
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

What did the post referred to have to do with Trump? Well maybe the fact that, as you just did again, you mentioned him in it? You can't put him up as a counter-example and then say your post had nothing to do with him. Or, I suppose, given present company, I should say that you can, but you shouldn't.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2021, 10:33 PM   #164
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

And yet we find you in 100% agreement with said buffoon.
Don't catch any lice.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2021, 10:46 PM   #165
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2021, 11:23 PM   #166
Warp12
Illuminator

Simple? ROFLMAO

Trump is fatter, uglier and far freakier than Dr. Levine is. And has sent far more people to die from COVID. He is also the far more mentally ill than Dr. Levine has ever been and yet you just love that self absorbed narcissistic sociopath.

Hardly simple.

Oh Bull! I've read your posts.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
What did the post referred to have to do with Trump? Well maybe the fact that, as you just did again, you mentioned him in it? You can't put him up as a counter-example and then say your post had nothing to do with him. Or, I suppose, given present company, I should say that you can, but you shouldn't.
Follow along, please.
Old 3rd November 2021, 11:30 PM   #167
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Warp, where were you with your insults about ugly trans-gender women when Caitlyn Jenner put herself forward to replace for CA Governor Newsome?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 07:45 AM   #168
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Warp, where were you with your insults about ugly trans-gender women when Caitlyn Jenner put herself forward to replace for CA Governor Newsome?
Are you really sure you actually want to know who appeals to whom and why?

bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 08:54 AM   #169
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

You really must think I'm stupid.
Tucker certainly thinks his viewers are.

He's right about that.
Old 4th November 2021, 01:12 PM   #170
Warp12
Illuminator

Warp, where were you with your insults about ugly trans-gender women people when Caitlyn Jenner put herself themself forward to replace for CA Governor Newsome?
Huh? Larry Elder was the frontrunner there, and I already commented on him in the appropriate thread. Is the implication that I don't like Levine partially because of political reasons? Not sure I get the point of your question.
Old 4th November 2021, 03:12 PM   #171
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness

Perhaps you are. I suspect you had it done due to statistically significant risk to your health, however.
Yes, that was why the medical field was willing to take those steps. However, I'd wanted those parts gone since I was fifteen and woke up at three in the morning flipping over every few seconds because turning over, stopped the pain for a second. My reproductive system was nothing but a drain on my body's resources and I didn't value them at all. You may consider the surgery mutilation, but I considered those organs harmful and unnecessary.

I'm sure most women would consider a penis harmful or unnecessary, especially as merely having one is enough to severely impact her life right down to the bathroom she takes a dump in.
Old 4th November 2021, 03:20 PM   #172
Warp12
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
I'm sure most women would consider a penis harmful or unnecessary, especially as merely having one is enough to severely impact her life right down to the bathroom she takes a dump in.
LOL. Most "women" were not born with a pecker, luckily. If you are a biological male, and you have yours cut off, that doesn't make you a "woman", I'm afraid. Not any more than putting on a dress and lipstick does.

I think most rational individuals understand this (perhaps you may even agree). But, there are some who seemingly just want to squirm and squeal like a gerbil stuck in Richard Gere's ass, while waving their virtue flags. That is their right.

I stand by my position on Levine.

Last edited by Warp12; 4th November 2021 at 03:33 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 03:47 PM   #173
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Of course we're all entitled to stand by whatever we stand by, but some of us might differ.

I am a decidedly heterosexual male, happily "cisgendered" as the newfangled term specifies, and would never in my wildest dreams wish to be separated from the junk that makes me a cisgendered male, nor to stop enjoying the relation between that and the stuff that makes some other people female. But apparently unlike some, my difficulty in imagining the transsexual impulse leads me to guess just how serious and deeply important it really is. I can easily imagine all sorts of perversions and transgressions a person might commit, some kind of nice and some nothing but nasty, but this is not one. I suspect it's an inescapable choice beyond what someone who does not face it can truly understand. Even if you, for whatever reason, believe it is a sin, or that the result is not true to some ideal of humanity, and even if you believe it is a mistake, I think it is at the very least brave, and those with minds too small to understand such difficult, existential choices would do better if they just shut up.

Old 4th November 2021, 03:57 PM   #174
Warp12
Illuminator

I think it is at the very least brave, and those with minds too small to understand such difficult, existential choices would do better if they just shut up.
"The way that guy had his genitals mutilated was very brave, bro."

"Yeah, he seems really well-adjusted."

"No doubt. Certainly should be a top authority on national health."

"Yeah. Probably ought to be an Admiral or something, too."

Seems legit.

Last edited by Warp12; 4th November 2021 at 03:58 PM.
Old 4th November 2021, 04:07 PM   #175
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Of course we're all entitled to stand by whatever we stand by, but some of us might differ.

I am a decidedly heterosexual male, happily "cisgendered" as the newfangled term specifies, and would never in my wildest dreams wish to be separated from the junk that makes me a cisgendered male, nor to stop enjoying the relation between that and the stuff that makes some other people female. But apparently unlike some, my difficulty in imagining the transsexual impulse leads me to guess just how serious and deeply important it really is. I can easily imagine all sorts of perversions and transgressions a person might commit, some kind of nice and some nothing but nasty, but this is not one. I suspect it's an inescapable choice beyond what someone who does not face it can truly understand. Even if you, for whatever reason, believe it is a sin, or that the result is not true to some ideal of humanity, and even if you believe it is a mistake, I think it is at the very least brave, and those with minds too small to understand such difficult, existential choices would do better if they just shut up.
I think it's as weird as can be. I don't understand homosexuality either. But it doesn't matter what I think. It's not my life to live.

I have two dozen nephews and nieces and two of my nephews are gay and one niece is a lesbian. Does it make me love them any less? No. I have a friend from college who is a transgender female. (I think I have that right. She was a male in college.) He was a pretty good friend then. Am I supposed to give up our friendship because of something that is irrelevant to why we were friends?

I've seen parents disown their children because of these issues. I can't imagine doing that.

Last edited by acbytesla; 4th November 2021 at 04:09 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 04:13 PM   #176
Warp12
Illuminator

I think it's as weird as can be. I don't understand homosexuality either. But it doesn't matter what I think. It's not my life to live.

I have two dozen nephews and nieces and two of my nephews are gay and one niece is a lesbian. Does it make me love them any less? No. I have a friend from college who is a transgender female. (I think I have that right. She was a male in college.) He was a pretty good friend then. Am I supposed to give up our friendship because of something that is irrelevant to why we were friends?
Who said you should give up your friendship? I would be hesitant to refer to that person as "well-adjusted" and appoint them to a lead position on national health, however. Especially if they dodged questions about gender experiments on children, and sent seniors to die of Covid. If they were fat and obviously physically unhealthy, that might also make me skeptical of their decision-making on health matters.

Then again, some might look past all of that and anoint them an "Admiral", I suppose. Maybe even celebrate what an incredible "woman" the person is. Maybe some could even chime in about how men are even better at being women than women are.
Old 4th November 2021, 04:25 PM   #177
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Who said you should give up your friendship? I would be hesitant to refer to that person as "well-adjusted" and appoint them to a lead position on national health, however. Especially if they dodged questions about gender experiments on children, and sent seniors to die of Covid. If they were fat and obviously physically unhealthy, that might also make me skeptical of their decision-making on health matters.

Then again, some might look past all of that and anoint them an "Admiral", I suppose. Maybe even celebrate what an incredible "woman" the person is. Maybe some could even chime in about how men are even better at being women than women are.
Nonsense. Rachel Levine is an accomplished doctor, You are so freaked out about the sex change, you can't see beyond that. This isn't about COVID deaths either This is because this person is transgendered and you think it matters to the point that this person should not be respected.
Old 4th November 2021, 04:28 PM   #178
Warp12
Illuminator

Nonsense. Rachel Levine is an accomplished doctor, You are so freaked out about the sex change, you can't see beyond that. This isn't about COVID deaths either This is because this person is transgendered and you think it matters to the point that this person should not be respected.
I would be hesitant to refer to that person as "well-adjusted" and appoint them to a lead position on national health, however. Especially if they dodged questions about gender experiments on children, and sent seniors to die of Covid. If they were fat and obviously physically unhealthy, that might also make me skeptical of their decision-making on health matters.
This has all been covered earlier in the thread, chum.
Old 4th November 2021, 06:35 PM   #179
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

A person who considers "split-tail" a term of endearment would be quite in character to consider "self-mutilating freak" a pleasantry. The path of friendship between AC and DC is strewn with stones. Don't give it up. Scatter them while she's not looking.

Old 4th November 2021, 06:53 PM   #180
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

This has all been covered earlier in the thread, chum.
I'm not your chum.
Old 4th November 2021, 07:30 PM   #181
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Huh? Larry Elder was the frontrunner there, and I already commented on him in the appropriate thread.
I didn't ask you about Larry Elder, frontrunner or not. I asked you about Caitlyn Jenner. Surely you must have some opinions about this trans-gender candidate.

Is the implication that I don't like Levine partially because of political reasons? Not sure I get the point of your question.
I dunno...are your opinions based on political/policy reasons? It seems to me, considering your post describing Levine as an ugly, fat and obviously physically unhealthy, and mentally ill, fat, self-mutilating freaks who have a history of basically endorsing child abuse, that it's not her policies you are affronted by...especially considering you have yet to actually quote what her policies are.
Old 4th November 2021, 07:34 PM   #182
Warp12
Illuminator

I dunno...are your opinions based on political/policy reasons? It seems to me, considering your post describing Levine as an ugly, fat and obviously physically unhealthy, and mentally ill, fat, self-mutilating freaks who have a history of basically endorsing child abuse, that it's not her policies you are affronted by...especially considering you have yet to actually quote what her policies are.
I just summed it up, yet again:

I would be hesitant to refer to that person as "well-adjusted" and appoint them to a lead position on national health, however. Especially if they dodged questions about gender experiments on children, and sent seniors to die of Covid. If they were fat and obviously physically unhealthy, that might also make me skeptical of their decision-making on health matters.

There isn't much more to say on the matter, imo.
Old 4th November 2021, 07:37 PM   #183
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

It seems to me that Warp thinks people should live their lives according to what he thinks they should rather that what they think they should. Wow. Talk about arrogant!
Old 4th November 2021, 07:43 PM   #184
Warp12
Illuminator

It seems to me that Warp thinks people should live their lives according to what he thinks they should rather that what they think they should. Wow. Talk about arrogant!
They can "live their lives" however they want. That doesn't mean I have to endorse and embrace their choices when it comes to matters that might affect the nation, or me personally.

If someone wants to cut their balls off and stitch them to their forehead, go for it, I suppose. But don't expect my endorsement for a role in public office. And don't expect me to refer to that person as "well-adjusted".

Last edited by Warp12; 4th November 2021 at 07:46 PM.
Old 4th November 2021, 08:01 PM   #185
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry for the digression, but that last remark just flashes me back to the good old hippy dippy days when the Fugs were strumming their stuff in Bryant Park, and love was all around, and I recall one of Ed Sanders's musico-doggerel digressions which included the line "penis-flesh grafted smooth and purple to faces of lesbian angels." Plus ša change....

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled 21'st century nonsense....

Old 4th November 2021, 10:42 PM   #186
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

You seem *really* hung up about the fact that she felt a woman strongly enough to alter genitals that she did not need.

Are they that big a part of your identity Warp12?

And do you feel the same way about warrior cultures where real manly man mutilate themselves to prove their manhood? In some cases including their genitals.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 10:49 PM   #187
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

They can "live their lives" however they want. That doesn't mean I have to endorse and embrace their choices when it comes to matters that might affect the nation, or me personally.

If someone wants to cut their balls off and stitch them to their forehead, go for it, I suppose. But don't expect my endorsement for a role in public office. And don't expect me to refer to that person as "well-adjusted".
No one is asking you to endorse or embrace their choices or even refer to them at all...least of all Levine. Yet you feel it necessary to insult, denigrate and belittle her and other trans-people (along with women in general).

Is Levine demanding YOU or anyone get a sex change? And we're STILL waiting for you to tell us exactly what about her POLICIES you don't approve.
Old 4th November 2021, 10:55 PM   #188
Warp12
Illuminator

No one is asking you to endorse or embrace their choices or even refer to them at all...least of all Levine. Yet you feel it necessary to insult, denigrate and belittle her and other trans-people (along with women in general).

Is Levine demanding YOU or anyone get a sex change? And we're STILL waiting for you to tell us exactly what about her POLICIES you don't approve.
Give me a break. It isn't about someone "demanding" I get a sex change. This person is supposed to be some degree of "guiding light" for what is acceptable when it comes to matters of health...for the nation...and that includes children. I have been over this, repeatedly, since the beginning. But for some reason, some people only seem to care about waving their virtue flags.

Some are really hung up on me calling this person fat and ugly...as though they think I would only call a fat and ugly trans person that. I call it like I see it. There are certainly a lot of fat and ugly people out there. Levine is a fat, ugly, self-mutilating freak. Not exactly the type we generally consider as a tome of wisdom on national health (mental or otherwise). My issues with this person's thought process and actions, I have already clearly stated, as well.

Last edited by Warp12; 4th November 2021 at 11:12 PM.
Old 4th November 2021, 11:51 PM   #189
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Give me a break. It isn't about someone "demanding" I get a sex change. This person is supposed to be some degree of "guiding light" for what is acceptable when it comes to matters of health...for the nation...and that includes children. I have been over this, repeatedly, since the beginning. But for some reason, some people only seem to care about waving their virtue flags.

Some are really hung up on me calling this person fat and ugly...as though they think I would only call a fat and ugly trans person that. I call it like I see it. There are certainly a lot of fat and ugly people out there.Levine is a fat, ugly, self-mutilating freak. Not exactly the type we generally consider as a tome of wisdom on national health (mental or otherwise).My issues with this person's thought process and actions, I have already clearly stated, as well.
No, you give US a break. You have NOT presented LEVINE'S POLICIES that you stated you disagree with. You dance all around it with nonsense like "this person's thought process and actions" which have to do with her PERSONAL LIFE AND MEDICAL CHOICES. If you think you're pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here, you're sadly mistaken. We see it for what it is: bigotry and misogyny.
Old 5th November 2021, 06:29 AM   #190
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Some are really hung up on me calling this person fat and ugly...as though they think I would only call a fat and ugly trans person that. I call it like I see it. There are certainly a lot of fat and ugly people out there. Levine is a fat, ugly, self-mutilating freak. Not exactly the type we generally consider as a tome of wisdom on national health (mental or otherwise). My issues with this person's thought process and actions, I have already clearly stated, as well.
Be assured, I would never expect your application of prejudice to be so limited. We must all remember that under the garish icing the cake is always there.

Old 6th November 2021, 01:04 AM   #191
Warp12
Illuminator

No, you give US a break. You have NOT presented LEVINE'S POLICIES that you stated you disagree with. You dance all around it with nonsense like "this person's thought process and actions" which have to do with her PERSONAL LIFE AND MEDICAL CHOICES. If you think you're pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here, you're sadly mistaken. We see it for what it is: bigotry and misogyny.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

All hail "Admiral" Levine. The liberal ideal. What a "woman"!

Last edited by Warp12; 6th November 2021 at 01:14 AM.
Old 6th November 2021, 01:24 AM   #192
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...99958cdcd8.jpg

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

All hail "Admiral" Levine. The liberal ideal. What a "woman"!
Are you really this needy for attention?

Apparently so.
Old 6th November 2021, 07:00 AM   #193
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

StdacyHS remarks that Warp12's apparent malice against Levin is not policy related, and the response is... a picture and a rock video, and a re-re-repeat of his disparaging, quote-strewn, content-free summary .

I think it kind of Warp12 to confirm Stacy's statement with such economy and precision.

Old 6th November 2021, 06:44 PM   #194
Warp12
Illuminator

StdacyHS remarks that Warp12's apparent malice against Levin is not policy related, and the response is... a picture and a rock video, and a re-re-repeat of his disparaging, quote-strewn, content-free summary .

I think it kind of Warp12 to confirm Stacy's statement with such economy and precision.
I've grown so tired of repeating myself In this thread, about issues with Levine and job-worthiness that I figure I might as well have fun with it, now. Nobody is listening to that stuff...they just want to express mock-outrage that anyone might not fawn of over a trans person.

To those types, I say..."suck it". I didn't chop mine off.

Last edited by Warp12; 6th November 2021 at 06:54 PM.
Old 6th November 2021, 06:56 PM   #195
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I've grown so tired of repeating myself In this thread, about issues with Levine and job-worthiness that I figure I might as well have fun with it, now. Nobody is listening to that stuff...they just want to express mock-outrage that anyone might not fawn of over a trans person.

To those types, I say...suck it. I didn't chop mine off.
Of course.

You wanted to demonstrate your stance that substance should take a back seat to intolerance and hate.

We get it.
Old 6th November 2021, 07:31 PM   #196
Warp12
Illuminator

Of course.

You wanted to demonstrate your stance that substance should take a back seat to intolerance and hate.

We get it.
LOL. I presented the "substance". Nobody bothered to read or listen.

So, now I am happy to focus on the more humorous aspects of how liberals never avoid an opportunity to wave their virtue flags.

Shine on, you crazy diamonds.
Old 6th November 2021, 07:31 PM   #197
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Sometimes people reveal things they didn't intend.
Old 6th November 2021, 07:35 PM   #198
Warp12
Illuminator

Sometimes people reveal things they didn't intend.
Old 6th November 2021, 07:41 PM   #199
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

LOL. I presented the "substance". Nobody bothered to read or listen.

So, now I am happy to focus on the more humorous aspects of how liberals never avoid an opportunity to wave their virtue flags.

Shine on, you crazy diamonds.
No You didn't. You just let your hatred, ignorance and bigotry spew forth.

Good on you.
Old 6th November 2021, 08:11 PM   #200
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

To prove how tired you are of repeating you do the only reasonable thing, which is to repeat. Right. Got it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics