IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Biden administration , Rachel Levine , transgender incidents , transgender issues , tucker carlson

Old 15th November 2021, 07:13 AM   #241
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

As satirists, Ben Garrison makes Bruce Tinsley look talented, and Tucker Carlson makes Mallard Fillmore look sophisticatedly serious.

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Maybe it's an addiction. Just say no. Take a step back and look at how much time and effort you are wasting. [....]

Stop taking the bait and find something better to do with that time.

Sorry but I can't stand this anymore.
I'm sorry, mgidm86, but you may be taking this forum too seriously. If it's getting to you, you might avoid posting for some set period of time, as I did. (I stayed away for a full year, partly because I did have better and more important things to do during that time.)

(ETA: You know what I missed the most? Reading AAH, where most of the good stuff ends up.)

Last edited by W.D.Clinger; 15th November 2021 at 07:16 AM.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 07:27 AM   #242
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
This post will be moved but gawdammit what the **** do you people get by continuing to engage with an *******? When someone says something this offensive (as if this is the worst) they do not deserve to be acknowledged...my opinion.

Do you think others will come along one day, see Warp's ridiculous and obvious trolling and believe him? That you are all the saviors of misinformation and must battle the trolls so innocent eyes will know that there are counter arguments to his lameness?

Anyone can see he is a troll at this point. You are wasting your time and helping the trolls ruin this forum.

I know it's probably hard because most arguments coming from the right here are nuts, so there's that.

Maybe it's an addiction. Just say no. Take a step back and look at how much time and effort you are wasting. Have you "won" a single discussion? Have you seen any sign of sincerity in these arguments?

You are being strung along week after week and you think you are doing some good. You are not.

Stop taking the bait and find something better to do with that time.

Sorry but I can't stand this anymore.
I've said it a billion times, I'll say it a billion more.

If you can't ignore people engaging with trolls, then I refuse to believe you honestly don't get why other people can't just magically ignore the trolls.

The whole "I demand everyone ignore the trolls because I can't be expected to ignore them engaging them" makes no sense and frankly comes across as vaguely pro-trolling.
Old 15th November 2021, 10:06 AM   #243
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

It's the hypocricy that gets me. All these conservatives acting all morally upstanding, yet never once complaining about Fox News flagrantly displaying its swollen dick on basic cable several times a week.

Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 01:28 PM   #244
Venom
Philosopher

He can't control himself but doesn't dare name the former president.

Quote:
Tucker Carlson: People are going to be offended that I asked this, but I can’t control myself: So, like, what about the president on whose behalf they were gathered that day? Like, has anybody sent them money? … Brad Parscale, all these people around him, are getting rich, right?

Julie Kelly: Right.

Carlson: Complaining that the last election was rigged, which is clearly was. Obviously.

Kelly: Yes.

Carlson: And they’re making all this money and all these people are sending this money down to Florida. But is any of that money going to defend these people who went to this rally on behalf of that candidate?

Kelly: Not that I know of. And I will say no. No. And it’s a question that I have been asking myself and I a lot of them have been asking too. A lot of them were there to support Trump. They were there to protest the election being taken from him unlawfully. But aside, really, from a few comments about political prisoners — he has said a few things about Ashli Babbitt — to my knowledge… no, there has not been any financial aide coming from anyone of a prominent position to help these people.

Carlson: I just find that appalling I really do. I really find that appalling.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 06:43 PM   #245
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I guess one way to avoid discussing the obvious message that Levine is a sacred cow, is to count the number of teats on a cartoon trans-cow. I mean, why not?
I consider the cartoon and its message rubbish. The udder just adds evidence of carelessness too. I think Garrison is a poor artist, apart from his point of view.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 06:53 AM   #246
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

I can only imagine what the rest of the world thinks when they see a fat, cross-dressing "Admiral" in such a role. They probably say, "This is the ideal person for this important position in public health". Zany.
They'd have to be incredibly stupid to assess someone's qualifications for an administrative post based solely on their appearance.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 07:53 AM   #247
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Funny how True AmericansTM never care about what the rest of the world thinks about America - unless they think they can score a cheap point.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 11:09 AM   #248
Lurch
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Funny how True AmericansTM never care about what the rest of the world thinks about America - unless they think they can score a cheap point.
They wish to believe the world also denigrates a virtually unknown "Admiral", but stick fingers in ears when the world derisively heaps scorn and opprobrium upon their buffoon of a "President".
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 03:46 PM   #249
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
You might consider Buff Tucker a satirist, but tens of millions of credulous morons tune in to the **** stirrer to get their daily dose of inspirational hate.

"Just Kidding" has become the standard excuse when a Right winger is called out on their outrageous statements.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 08:21 PM   #250
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
"Just Kidding" has become the standard excuse when a Right winger is called out on their outrageous statements.
Isn't that the truth!
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 07:14 AM   #251
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post

"Can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding."
-They Might Be Giants, "Your Racist Friend"
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 07:41 AM   #252
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
"Can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding."
-They Might Be Giants, "Your Racist Friend"

Well, obviously you can…but it’s unlikely to be believed by anyone else involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17th November 2021, 09:51 AM   #253
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Regarding the obligation to object to every offensive post every time, I suspect that the person suggesting it might balk if the same rule were applied to those who find his own statements odious. I would think that for thread economy and general etiquette it might suffice most of the time to make one's views known, and further elaboration assumed.

bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 01:53 PM   #254
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Carlson on VP Harris:
Quote:
On Monday, Fox News host Tucker Carlson used a portion of his prime-time show to criticize Vice President Kamala Harris, saying she's "not from this country" because she went to school in Canada.

"There's a lot we don't know about Kamala Harris. Most people probably don't know she really grew up in Canada. It's where she went to high school. She's not from this country in that sense, or she's certainly also from Canada," Carlson said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-ca...210421007.html
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 02:04 PM   #255
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
At this point, I'm going with: he knows that he's full of ****, but he also knows that his audience is made up of ******* morons who heed something to be outraged about to distract them from billionaires like Rupert Murdoch ******* them up the ass.

It must be exhausting constantly making up crap for idiots to be angry about. At this point he's going to attack high school theatre programs by pointing out that 'thespian' sounds a lot like 'lesbian', then he'll cock his head to the side, scrunch up his eyebrows and pucker his lips like he's trying to show what his own ******* looks like.
Old 17th November 2021, 02:15 PM   #256
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Although, I have to admit that I have a cousin who was pretty radicalized after living in the suburbs of Toronto for a few years.

Seriously though, I think I've found an explanation for the picture I posted above - that's the face he makes when he's told it's 20 minutes to airtime and he needs to **** something out for the show.
Old 17th November 2021, 07:29 PM   #257
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Although, I have to admit that I have a cousin who was pretty radicalized after living in the suburbs of Toronto for a few years.

Seriously though, I think I've found an explanation for the picture I posted above - that's the face he makes when he's told it's 20 minutes to airtime and he needs to **** something out for the show.
What? He decided private insurance should be an option?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 07:32 PM   #258
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Lucky her. A friend of mine went to high school in Japan when her dad went to work for a Japanese airline after retiring from the Air Force. Last time I looked, she wasn't flying any planes into American battleships.
Old 17th November 2021, 08:01 PM   #259
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
What? He decided private insurance should be an option?
Worse. He started drinking Labatt Blue, eh?
Old 17th November 2021, 08:24 PM   #260
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Worse. He started drinking Labatt Blue, eh?
OMG! That's like an Aussie drinking Foster's! A la lanterne avec lui!
Old 17th November 2021, 10:09 PM   #261
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Carlson thinks this is all a game, and his viewers are his chess pieces.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2021, 12:09 AM   #262
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Carlson thinks this is all a game, and his viewers are his chess pieces.
Well, they are easily manipulated by him.
Old 18th November 2021, 09:48 PM   #263
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Mike! has a birthday
Carlson thinks this is all a game, and his viewers are his chess piecesCheckers.
Seriously, chess requires thought.
Old 18th November 2021, 09:59 PM   #264
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Unfortunately, Carlson isn't stupid. He used to be even witty, but that's not what his audience want.
They want to know what to buy and who fo hate.

- Robert M. Pirsig
Old 18th November 2021, 11:11 PM   #265
Warp12
Illuminator

Unfortunately, Carlson isn't stupid. He used to be even witty, but that's not what his audience want.
So, you're saying he should move into elected politics next? I can see it happening.

Last edited by Warp12; 18th November 2021 at 11:13 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2021, 11:45 PM   #266
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

So, you're saying he should move into elected politics next? I can see it happening.
Sadly, seeing how low the GOP has fallen, so can I.
Old 18th November 2021, 11:46 PM   #267
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

He should but he won't - doesn't pay as well and you are much more likely to get into trouble m

- Robert M. Pirsig
Old 19th November 2021, 06:22 AM   #268
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Mike! has a birthday
They want to know what to buy and who fo hate.
Oh I agree, I used to enjoy watching him, but little by little he's been moving in a direction I can't follow any longer. It's the pandering to the lowest common denominator, I think. So I don't think he's playing chess any longer. Smess, maybe...

https://www.chessvariants.com/other.dir/smess.html
Old 19th November 2021, 03:37 PM   #269
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

They want to know what to buy and who to hate.
Some people are well educated and know how to make a good impression. But I would submit that if he wants to give that up in favor of leading a mob of hateful destroyers of democracy, the veneer is thin, and maybe we should judge his character and his intelligence with what he seeks, not what he forsakes. When his plans go awry he can whine that it's just entertainment, just business, just locker room talk, not the real me, but the real you is what you do time after time, year after year, when nobody catches you out.

Old 19th November 2021, 09:53 PM   #270
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Indeed.
People like Carlson never truly have "skin in the game": they always leave an escape of "just kidding" open, so they will never have to suffer the consequences.
That's why we should ignore them.

- Robert M. Pirsig
Old 20th November 2021, 01:17 AM   #271
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Indeed.
People like Carlson never truly have "skin in the game": they always leave an escape of "just kidding" open, so they will never have to suffer the consequences.
That's why we should ignore them.
Don't forget that his own lawyers argued in a lawsuit that he can't be taken seriously as reporting facts. The judge agreed.

"Honestly, Your Honor, what person in their right mind would believe anything coming out of our client's mouth? He's a lying nut job!"

"Agreed! Case dismissed!"
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:30 AM   #272
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Tucker Carlson has apparently even gone too far for long-time Fox reporters

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...tucker-carlson

Quote:
Fox News still does real reporting, and there are still responsible conservatives providing valuable opinion and analysis. But the voices of the responsible are being drowned out by the irresponsible.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics