ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th September 2018, 06:45 AM   #41
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
My comment on ae911t live video...

"If AE911T has over 3000 signatures, how come only 100 of them tuned in for this live stream, and how come only 1500 people have viewed this video in three days? Are the 3000 professionals who passionately signed their named to this cause not even interested enough to tune in for a live video?"
Over 25,000 signatures, if you also count the "general population" part of the petition.
Old 14th September 2018, 06:49 PM   #42
Sabretooth
No Ordinary Rabbit

I have nothing really to add to this discussion. But I wanted to say that as I check out the forum occasionally, I'm amazed that it still exists.

After 17 years, there is nothing new from the CTer's. Nothing significant since 2008 at least. Their numbers have dwindled to nearly non-existent. What do they have left?

The scattered few that I do run into are just puking the same exact nonsense that they were touting in 2008. They don't want to listen or don't care to listen to what facts/evidence are present to them. Their fingers are forever going to be shoved two-knuckles deep into their proverbial ears for all of time.

I miss being in here daily, but I'm surprised this forum is even necessary anymore.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!" to all the old folks! Oystein, Dave Rogers, beachnut, AJM8125 and all the other shills I used to hang with!

Sabretooth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2018, 12:59 AM   #43
Richard the G
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
AE911Truth has two videos of their events in Washington DC yesterday. The first is a seated rally with the Capitol Building in the background. Gage, Brinnier, Campbell, Steele, talk. The videography is lousy, cheap crap, the cam is in portrait orientation (!), and it never pans or zooms. I just clicked into bits here and there. The applauses sound like they come from perhaps 30 people.

The chat comments to the right are a hoot.
At some point near the middle , someone mentions that there are only 113 people online (this was a live stream event).
Otherwise, much of the chat is a massive nazi scumback Jew hate fest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31vY1pDgKo

The second video is over 3 hours (!) long, at a local club/restaurant which has room for 100 people - it sounds like there are hardly 20 present. After 14 minutes, they say that under 40 people are online watching the livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbr7GpT4FQ
20 people after 17 years
But the checks keep coming in. And as long as there is an income for Team Gage then there will be an event on 9/11.

Gage says “we are being heard all round the world “. Which is probably true.

Yes by 40 people and probably half of them are critical of his nonsense.
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2018, 10:30 AM   #44
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I miss being in here daily, but I'm surprised this forum is even necessary anymore.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi!" to all the old folks! Oystein, Dave Rogers, beachnut, AJM8125 and all the other shills I used to hang with!

It's not really necessary any more. 9/11 was originally split off from the original CT forum due to the volume of posts. Like the US politics/general politics split, if there was one forum, the later topics would be completely swamped.

But now, as many people predicted years ago, 9/11 CTs have lost their currency, and have joined the general background noise of CT rumblings alongside The Jews, JFK, and the Moon landings. It will never go away, but it will also never again be the overwhelmingly dominant CT it used to be, either.
Old 17th September 2018, 09:30 AM   #45
carlitos
"más divertido"

AE911Truth has two videos of their events in Washington DC yesterday. The first is a seated rally with the Capitol Building in the background. Gage, Brinnier, Campbell, Steele, talk. The videography is lousy, cheap crap, the cam is in portrait orientation (!), and it never pans or zooms.
Maybe they could ask an architect or engineer which way to lean their phone to best capture an image.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 05:36 AM   #46
traxy
Critical Thinker

AE911Truth has two videos of their events in Washington DC yesterday. The first is a seated rally with the Capitol Building in the background. Gage, Brinnier, Campbell, Steele, talk. The videography is lousy, cheap crap, the cam is in portrait orientation (!), and it never pans or zooms. I just clicked into bits here and there. The applauses sound like they come from perhaps 30 people.

The chat comments to the right are a hoot.
At some point near the middle , someone mentions that there are only 113 people online (this was a live stream event).
Otherwise, much of the chat is a massive nazi scumback Jew hate fest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31vY1pDgKo

The second video is over 3 hours (!) long, at a local club/restaurant which has room for 100 people - it sounds like there are hardly 20 present. After 14 minutes, they say that under 40 people are online watching the livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbr7GpT4FQ
Oh man, I just checked those video clips out. How depressing.
traxy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 06:48 PM   #47
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Do you think any truthers have worked towards an engineering or physics or related degree since? I mean the potential to uncover, or not even uncover more damning discrepancies but rather to learn more about what they're so convinced of? I know I'd be obsessed to death if I was convinced there was something so damningly strange about the 9/11 collapse. And STEM degrees are rather versatile so they've got little to lose IMO. But then again I'm OCD as hell.

I assume the majority of truthers are attracted to higher education, stemming from their eagerness to question the world. Why not actually try to learn in depth; potential world-shattering Nobel Prize awaits.

If I was convinced of a conspiracy I know I would donate a crap load of my own money and spread the word to donate all across the United States. I wouldn't sit on my ass debating people I consider shills in small message boards and groups over the internet.

I'd like to see every single one of these people (like a quarter of the populace who said they questioned the events of 9/11?) all the people on YouTube and Facebook and Twitter yelling "inside job!" to throw their own cold hard money into AE9/11's donation box.

I don't expect them to.
I wonder if a few of them haven't tried, realised that their education wasn't teaching them what they expected, and quietly drifted away from the whole truth movement.

Alternatively, they realise they aren't being taught what they want to be taught and leave the school. I remember a truther here on this forum who used an advanced physics simulation program of some kind to simulate the planes hitting the towers. When she didn't get the result she hoped for, she threw the program away .
Old 15th October 2018, 12:31 PM   #48
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by geggy View Post
.. Only one person [geggy implies: Zacarias Moussaoui. /Oy] has been convicted of the 911 attacks. The convicted denied involvement but admitted to being an al-Qaeda operative.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tria...ber_11_attacks
For some reason, no one seems to have caught that geggy's own links disproves his claim - more than one person has been convicted of the 911 attacks. The Wiki article also talks about Mounir el-Motassadeq and his sentencing (I quote from the article as it was in early September, when geggy made his opening post):
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Mounir El Motassadeq, a Moroccan living in Germany who belonged to the Hamburg cell ..., in February 2003 was convicted in Germany of over 3,000 counts of accessory to murder in direct relation to the September 11 attacks, but the conviction was rejected on appeal. ...

Motassadeq was re-tried and convicted on August 19, 2005 of "membership in a "terrorist organization". That conviction was also rejected in appeal.[2],[3],[4],[5]

On November 15, 2006, the German Federal Supreme Court ruled on the appeals: They considered the evidence as sufficient to prove that Motassadeq knew about and was involved in the preparation of the plan to hijack the planes and is hence guilty of accessory in 246 counts of murder. This is the number of victims that died in the planes but does not include the victims on ground. The Oberlandesgericht (state supreme court) in Hamburg then took up the trial again in order to decide on the sentencing.[7][permanent dead link] Two days later, the Federal Supreme Court also revoked the release order and Motassadeq was arrested again. On January 8, 2007, he was sentenced by the Oberlandesgericht Hamburg to 15 years in prison, the maximum sentence possible under German law.

And this illustrates how long ago 9/11 was: el-Motassadeq has now been deported to his native Marocco, after having (nearly; he's is "a few months" short) served his full 15-year term:
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justi...a-1233296.html (German article in Spiegel online).

(Check out the edit history on Mounir el-Motassadeq's own article in the English-language Wikipedia: It has been edited today, after laying unedited for over half a year, and by someone who flat-out denies Al-Qaeda's agency )
Old 16th October 2018, 10:56 AM   #49
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Truthers overestimating their numbers, influence, power etc. by orders of magnitude - it always reminds me of this scene from "Asterix the Gaul" (background: Panomarix, the druid of the Gallic village, is known for a magic potion which gives superhuman strength and makes the Gauls invincible, which is why Cesar's legion cannot conquer them. But the Centurion of a nearby Roman fort has managed to abduct Panoramix, who has now prepared a large pot of magic potion for the Roman soldiers. It is, however, a somewhat different potion, which our Centurion is about to find out):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrCqjIVP2bg&t=50m17s
Old 16th October 2018, 04:19 PM   #50
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Truthers overestimating their numbers, influence, power etc.
I can't remember a time where they have not done this.

I saw the Gage show the first time in 2008. His site over estimated the crowd by almost double until I contacted him and gave him the correct number. Hard for him to argue my numbers when I talked to him and knew I was there.........

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories