ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Old 18th November 2017, 09:29 PM   #3441
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post

You do realise that this forum was around in 2011 and that there are contemporary threads about what was happening at the time? That most of us remember what happened just under 7 years ago? I'm sure you do, because you were in there blaming the US for the Arab Spring at the time.

You also remember that at the time Mubarek's downfall in Egypt was happening, the Tunisian Government had fallen and that people were also protesting in Algeria, Bahrain, Yemen, and Iran as well?

The Libyan Protests were not happening in a vacuum. They were mirrors of what was happening all over the Middle East at the time.
Well said.

I would just add that the gerontocracies brought down could not have been much longer for this world anyway. I've been a keen observer of the Middle East since the 6-day War and they were all familiar from the 60's. The whole region was frozen in time.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2017, 09:45 PM   #3442
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
I would just add that the gerontocracies brought down could not have been much longer for this world anyway. I've been a keen observer of the Middle East since the 6-day War and they were all familiar from the 60's. The whole region was frozen in time.

I predict you and your fellow hobby imperialists will be surprised by who will reunite the country, rather sooner than later.

In more topical news, pressure mounts on the State Department to release the remaining Killary mails after the latest batch made everybody lick blood.
Old 18th November 2017, 09:54 PM   #3443
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Why on Earth would the Clintons have anything to do with the slave trade?

Good *********** grief! Honestly CE, did it not even dawn on you the idea of it was as ignorant as the pizza parlor kiddie sex ring?

It doesn't make one lick of sense.

Silly, there's a difference between on the one hand being clearly briefed about what happens to the many black African guest workers on the hand of the Mahgrebian "rebels" while you're playing their airforce and not giving a damn about it because of geopolitical reasons - which was Killary's reality -, and on the other hand being involved personally in "slave trade". It's indeed a bit like the junk your pseudo-leftist sources tell you about what Pizza Gate is about, maybe that's why you came up with this moronic straw-man.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 18th November 2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: wording so my notoriously too long sentences can be better understood by the directly addressed
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 10:41 AM   #3444
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I predict you and your fellow hobby imperialists will be surprised by who will reunite the country, rather sooner than later.
Don't try to understand the sort of person I am, it's clearly way beyond you.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 11:05 AM   #3445
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post

In more topical news, pressure mounts on the State Department to release the remaining Killary mails after the latest batch made everybody lick blood.
Oh, please tell us, ms foreigner, who will reunite the country?
Old 20th November 2017, 09:01 AM   #3446
barehl
Master Poster

I have a question. I keep hearing about the Hillary Clinton emails over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. You picture rows of Pubs sitting in lotus position chanting emails ... emails in an attempt to gain political enlightenment.

So, what is it that you believe is in the emails? I assume that you believe the emails contain evidence of a crime. What crime and how was Clinton involved?
barehl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2017, 09:25 AM   #3447
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by barehl View Post
I have a question. I keep hearing about the Hillary Clinton emails over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. You picture rows of Pubs sitting in lotus position chanting emails ... emails in an attempt to gain political enlightenment.

So, what is it that you believe is in the emails? I assume that you believe the emails contain evidence of a crime. What crime and how was Clinton involved?
Begging the question, what happens when you say Beetlejuice four times?
Old 20th November 2017, 09:41 AM   #3448
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Have you read any of them?
Old 20th November 2017, 10:11 AM   #3449
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

We may never know.

But I find the degree to which she went to permanently delete them suspicious in and of itself.

It’s similar to how we still have to speculate about what was in the erased Nixon tapes.
Old 20th November 2017, 02:58 PM   #3450
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
We may never know.

But I find the degree to which she went to permanently delete them suspicious in and of itself.

Its similar to how we still have to speculate about what was in the erased Nixon tapes.
What degree was that? The server wasn't under her control at the time the emails were deleted from it, and the protocol used was pretty standard as far as decommissioning hardware is concerned. There were also 3 months of backup tapes, and as far as I understand it was all backed up to the cloud as well.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2017, 03:03 PM   #3451
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

What degree was that? The server wasn't under her control at the time the emails were deleted from it, and the protocol used was pretty standard as far as decommissioning hardware is concerned. There were also 3 months of backup tapes, and as far as I understand it was all backed up to the cloud as well.
not under her control? Absurd.

The emails were intentionally deleted after they had been requested by the State Department and Congress. 3 months of backups? It was far longer than 3 months before her conduct was discovered and the cloud backup was pure happenstance in that they were not supposed to back them up.
Old 20th November 2017, 03:11 PM   #3452
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

There were also 3 months of backup tapes, and as far as I understand it was all backed up to the cloud as well.
Cant quite tell, but are you saying the 30,000 deleted emails are, in fact, recoverable?
Old 20th November 2017, 03:29 PM   #3453
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I thought they had been recovered from the recipients and original senders etc?
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2017, 03:33 PM   #3454
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Cant quite tell, but are you saying the 30,000 deleted emails are, in fact, recoverable?
It seems, because the FBI isn't really clear about this, that they were able to recover some from the server Clinton and her team thought had been "wiped" and also recovered some from the cloud storage that Datto did, but was not supposed to have kept.
Old 20th November 2017, 04:53 PM   #3455
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
not under her control? Absurd.

The emails were intentionally deleted after they had been requested by the State Department and Congress. 3 months of backups? It was far longer than 3 months before her conduct was discovered and the cloud backup was pure happenstance in that they were not supposed to back them up.
I see that you still don't have a clue about backups and what 3 months of back up tapes actually means.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2017, 05:02 PM   #3456
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I see that you still don't have a clue about backups and what 3 months of back up tapes actually means.
I assume you meant the fact that she applied the rule that all emails and their backups that were older than 90 days were to be deleted.

Golly I hope you meant that because anything else would be deliberately misleading and you would not want to do that, right?
Old 20th November 2017, 05:28 PM   #3457
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Not to mention that all sent emails start out with a minimum of two copies to begin with. One at each end.
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #3458
barehl
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Have you read any of them?
Yes, there was nothing important in the ones I read. So, I assume that Pubs are desperately hoping that there is something in the ones they haven't read. Again, what is it that they are wishing was in those?
barehl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM   #3459
barehl
Master Poster

I agree. Why did George W. and Colin Powell delete emails? Must be hiding a felony of some kind. Same with Trump's refusal to release taxes or medical records. What felony do you think Trump is hiding in his medical records? It's very suspicious.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #3460
barehl
Master Poster

I just realized that I had to delete text messages from my phone because the inbox was full. I wonder what felony I was covering up?
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #3461
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, there was nothing important in the ones I read. So, I assume that Pubs are desperately hoping that there is something in the ones they haven't read. Again, what is it that they are wishing was in those?
sounds legit

Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #3462
Toontown
Philosopher

I just realized that I had to delete text messages from my phone because the inbox was full. I wonder what felony I was covering up?
Why you deleted the messages is irrelevant. Of course you would come up with some mundane reason why you did it.

How your political enemies can spin the fact that you deleted the messages is all that matters to them.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #3463
Delphic Oracle
Graduate Poster

I've scrubbed drives from university systems on the way out. We used a (retired) DoD protocol. Did our thorough scrubbing of data inherently suggest malfeasance, too?
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics