ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Arlene Gaal , bigfoot , cryptozoology , flatwoods monster , Ken Chaplin , lake worth monster , loch ness monster , panthers , Trunko

Old 27th March 2013, 06:20 AM   #281
Cainkane1
Philosopher

People that report these sightings seem sincere but I believe it shows how unreliable our senses of what we are seeing really are.
Old 6th June 2013, 05:14 PM   #282
jerrywayne
Muse

Here is a short article on misidentifying a cryptid (in this case, an out of place animal): http://doubtfulnews.com/2013/06/mist...on-here-kitty/
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2013, 01:19 AM   #283
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
People that report these sightings seem sincere but I believe it shows how unreliable our senses of what we are seeing really are.
Exactly! Not everyone is lying. However, trying to get "knowers" to accept the fact that they just might be wrong about what they claim to have seen seems to be an exercise in futility.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2013, 04:41 AM   #284
The Shrike
Illuminator

I once "knew" how to do some calculus and now I don't. So it's possible to ya no be a knower, no?
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2013, 04:34 PM   #285
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 09:25 PM   #286
AtomicMysteryMonster
Graduate Poster

Another factor to consider when it comes to cryptid sightings is out of the way pranks and other forms of guerilla art.

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time. - James Thurber
AtomicMysteryMonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 07:11 PM   #287
Jodie
Philosopher

I don't know, I had a relative that was unfamiliar with beavers and thought they had spotted a cryptid. I just think people are unfamiliar with the native wild life because they never spend anytime outdoors.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 07:40 PM   #288
jerrywayne
Muse

Happy Birthday, Jodie!
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2013, 04:54 PM   #289
jerrywayne
Muse

Originally Posted by AtomicMysteryMonster View Post
Another factor to consider when it comes to cryptid sightings is out of the way pranks and other forms of guerilla art.
Some Bigfooters argue that either the Bigfoot phenomena is caused by real Bigfoot, or there is a vast conspiracy to make it look that way. And, of coarse, they say the conspiracy theory is a more outrageous idea than the existence of Bigfoot itself.

You point out an important, probable cause for some of the phenomena -- the out of the way prank. This does not require a conspiracy of hoaxers. Instead, one thread of Bigfoot "evidence" is manufactured by an individual on a lark or a fun side trip intentionally sowing wonder and surprise.

For instance, Bigfoot tracks have been found in out of the way places where a hoaxer would seem to be wasting his time hoaxing tracks. What if the scenario is played out this way: an outdoorsman, back-country hiker, hunter, etc., brings his giant feet stompers in his backpack, and when he has the time away from his hunting, hiking, etc., and finds terrain suitable for the planting of tracks, he mischiefly lays down some Bigfoot tracks. He probably will never know if anyone else will ever find his handiwork, but he nonetheless chuckles to himself imagining how surprised some other hunter or hiker would be to discover them.

This type of prank is a possible explanation for cryptid artifacts like Bigfoot tracks. I'm not sure how it would relate to sightings, unless an artificial cryptid was left out some place to be glimpsed.
Old 13th June 2013, 07:21 PM   #290
River
Illuminator

Tell y'all what... I seen that there dogman the other day. Dang thing started talking to about politics and religion, I had to leave before being rude.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2013, 07:32 PM   #291
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

That's either a Pimp or a Chug.
Old 13th June 2013, 10:15 PM   #292
River
Illuminator

Might be a purilla

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2013, 03:43 AM   #293
The Shrike
Illuminator

@jerrywayne: yes, you described how a lot of hoaxers operate. 'Footers think it more likely that a population of giant apemen is out there than that a population of adolescent humans is out there. Apparently, no footer has ever set foot in a frat house.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2013, 05:11 AM   #294
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
. He probably will never know if anyone else will ever find his handiwork, but he nonetheless chuckles to himself imagining how surprised some other hunter or hiker would be to discover them.

This type of prank is a possible explanation for cryptid artifacts like Bigfoot tracks. I'm not sure how it would relate to sightings, unless an artificial cryptid was left out some place to be glimpsed.
Though I've been known to pull a few pranks in my day, it seems to me that the most likely scenario for both of the above is that the prankster/hoaxters are the reporters themselves.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2013, 08:18 AM   #295
jerrywayne
Muse

Field Researchers ARE Finding Bigfoot -- Really?

There is a curious new trend developing in the world of Bigfoot. More and more Bigfoot believers are taking to the field and are actually seeing the beast that is the object of their quest. Unlike the last several decades when Bigfooters would come up empty in the field, where they were chasing sighting reports and told where to find previously discovered tracks, today’s field researchers are, well, Finding Bigfoot.

These feats are primarily and strangely grouped in Texas and Oklahoma, areas not known to be home to indigenous unclassified giant apes or giant aborigines.

Let’s look at the North American Wood Ape Conservancy (NAWAC). Alton Higgins is a member of the board of directors of NAWAC, a biology professor, and a wildlife biologist. While investigating a sighting in a sparsely wooded area of Oklahoma, he had his own sighting. His Bigfoot was black and as massive as an angus bull. It moved quickly, oddly in a bent over posture.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/2270

This account was written up by fellow conservancy member Daryl Coyler, who later had a sighting in south eastern Oklahoma in NAWAC’s “Area X.”

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/ne...-echo-incident

A year later Coyler had another sighting at “Area X.” His sighting can be found around the 43:40 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0Cstl-8xHAE

Other members have sighted various Bigfoot at the location as well. Continue with the video to hear these sightings, and hear from a member that was actually touched by a wood ape (while he was sleeping).

It is interesting that before his Oklahoma sightings, Coyler saw a wood ape in Texas too. He and his wife were taking a short walk near the Trinity River when he saw it.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/271

The Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center (MABRC) also has had success in locating Bigfoot. Here, researcher Randy Harrington recounts his brush with Bigfoot near Honobia, Oklahoma (not far from Area X, btw.) He has video of the Bigfoot: The Honobia Ridge Walker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkYRWoBX6Nc

The next video also by MABRC shows an investigation by the Green County Bigfoot Research Center where their computer camera is picked up and moved around by something. The most interesting part is their claim they also had sightings of Bigfoot moving on all fours. The MABRC, btw, says it has a photo of a young Bigfoot walking in such a manner, but I’ve been unable to find it posted for non-members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImNDf8ImOf8

Now we move to the Searching For Bigfoot group as they explore a swampy end of a lake near Paris, Texas. Tom Biscardi and company find what they are looking for.

http://searchingforbigfoot.com/Paris_Texas_July_2006

Troy Hudson is a former member of BFRO. He has come to understand Bigfoot as Okla Chito, the Big People. He has even spoken to them.

http://www.bigfootbuzz.net/we-only-k...y-troy-hudson/

These reports are just a sampling of the Bigfoot Researcher Phenomena of Finding Bigfoot.

What do we make of it?
Old 16th June 2013, 09:30 AM   #296
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

There is a curious new trend developing in the world of Bigfoot. More and more Bigfoot believers are taking to the field and are actually seeing the beast that is the object of their quest. Unlike the last several decades when Bigfooters would come up empty in the field, where they were chasing sighting reports and told where to find previously discovered tracks, today’s field researchers are, well, Finding Bigfoot.

These feats are primarily and strangely grouped in Texas and Oklahoma, areas not known to be home to indigenous unclassified giant apes or giant aborigines.

Let’s look at the North American Wood Ape Conservancy (NAWAC). Alton Higgins is a member of the board of directors of NAWAC, a biology professor, and a wildlife biologist. While investigating a sighting in a sparsely wooded area of Oklahoma, he had his own sighting. His Bigfoot was black and as massive as an angus bull. It moved quickly, oddly in a bent over posture.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/2270

This account was written up by fellow conservancy member Daryl Coyler, who later had a sighting in south eastern Oklahoma in NAWAC’s “Area X.”

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/ne...-echo-incident

A year later Coyler had another sighting at “Area X.” His sighting can be found around the 43:40 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0Cstl-8xHAE

Other members have sighted various Bigfoot at the location as well. Continue with the video to hear these sightings, and hear from a member that was actually touched by a wood ape (while he was sleeping).

It is interesting that before his Oklahoma sightings, Coyler saw a wood ape in Texas too. He and his wife were taking a short walk near the Trinity River when he saw it.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/271

The Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center (MABRC) also has had success in locating Bigfoot. Here, researcher Randy Harrington recounts his brush with Bigfoot near Honobia, Oklahoma (not far from Area X, btw.) He has video of the Bigfoot: The Honobia Ridge Walker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkYRWoBX6Nc

The next video also by MABRC shows an investigation by the Green County Bigfoot Research Center where their computer camera is picked up and moved around by something. The most interesting part is their claim they also had sightings of Bigfoot moving on all fours. The MABRC, btw, says it has a photo of a young Bigfoot walking in such a manner, but I’ve been unable to find it posted for non-members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImNDf8ImOf8

Now we move to the Searching For Bigfoot group as they explore a swampy end of a lake near Paris, Texas. Tom Biscardi and company find what they are looking for.

http://searchingforbigfoot.com/Paris_Texas_July_2006

Troy Hudson is a former member of BFRO. He has come to understand Bigfoot as Okla Chito, the Big People. He has even spoken to them.

http://www.bigfootbuzz.net/we-only-k...y-troy-hudson/

These reports are just a sampling of the Bigfoot Researcher Phenomena of Finding Bigfoot.

What do we make of it?
Clearly a type specimen is nigh. That or people are making **** up.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2013, 01:38 PM   #297
River
Illuminator

There is a curious new trend developing in the world of Bigfoot. More and more Bigfoot believers are taking to the field and are actually seeing the beast that is the object of their quest.(snipped for brevity)

What I make of it is that it's becoming much more of a joke. The fanaticism involved is overwhelming. You could compare it to the UFO and ghosts for good examples. There are some people that want to see a bigfoot so bad, they could see a brief brown furry glimpse crashing through the brush and it suddenly becomes a bigfoot in their mind. (Cathy Strain, Brian Brown what?)

The only beast, is in their mind. They most likely either saw a bear or made the entire story up. Who cares? No bigfoot is still no bigfoot. People claim to see all sorts of things in this world... when you start giving any of them credence with no viable evidence, then you are the fool just as much as them.

I saw this terrifying squirrel the other day on my roof. Dang thing was ferocious. I nearly lost a finger. Here is a picture of my "sighting". We need to do a scientific study on ferocious squirrels. Oh you havent seen one? Too bad! They only pick special people to see them. Only if you are unarmed, and do not have a camera. I got this picture from a specially made trail camera that was hidden with the scent of used womens hygiene products.

Old 16th June 2013, 06:24 PM   #298
jerrywayne
Muse

Originally Posted by River View Post
What I make of it is that it's becoming much more of a joke. The fanaticism involved is overwhelming. You could compare it to the UFO and ghosts for good examples. There are some people that want to see a bigfoot so bad, they could see a brief brown furry glimpse crashing through the brush and it suddenly becomes a bigfoot in their mind. (Cathy Strain, Brian Brown what?)

The only beast, is in their mind. They most likely either saw a bear or made the entire story up. Who cares? No bigfoot is still no bigfoot. People claim to see all sorts of things in this world... when you start giving any of them credence with no viable evidence, then you are the fool just as much as them.

I saw this terrifying squirrel the other day on my roof. Dang thing was ferocious. I nearly lost a finger. Here is a picture of my "sighting". We need to do a scientific study on ferocious squirrels. Oh you havent seen one? Too bad! They only pick special people to see them. Only if you are unarmed, and do not have a camera. I got this picture from a specially made trail camera that was hidden with the scent of used womens hygiene products.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ps70a9b6af.jpg
You should contact Loren Coleman about the squirrel. Maybe it will be in the next edition of "Mysterious America."

I'm of the mind that mistaken sightings need not be explained by appealing to a similar looking creature. You think Brown and Strain may have seen bears. Possible, given the blackness of the animals and the fact bears are local natives. But, they claimed the animals were too fast ascending the hill for bears. I'm thinking they may have seen something totally different than what they think they saw. Consider that Brian originally claimed he saw two smallish black objects that appeared to glide up the hill. He admitted that he would not have thought of an ape had he had the sighting under a different context. He became convinced that he saw apes because others there, who really had no appreciative better viewpoint, all claimed they saw Bigfoot.
Old 17th June 2013, 12:32 AM   #299
The Shrike
Illuminator

So it's a known fact that apes can run uphill significantly and obviously faster than the 35 mph or so often attributed to bears?
Old 17th June 2013, 04:42 AM   #300
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Wow... Dude... Just wow...
How close-minded can you be?
Its an UNKNOWN species.
Can't know what it does or does not(*).

(*) Unless, of course, when it is convenient for the belief. Where's that list compiled by Drew of what bigfoots do?
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 05:31 AM   #301
Drewbot
Philosopher

With Addendum 1 added.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 05:41 AM   #302
Correa Neto
Philosopher

OK, good!
But its still outdated.
Where are the mid-tarsal breaks, the hypersensitivity to electronic devices, the human DNA, the affinity to gigantopithecus genus, etc.?

I am amazed by how much we "know" about bigfoots...
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 06:03 AM   #303
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

You should contact Loren Coleman about the squirrel. Maybe it will be in the next edition of "Mysterious America."

I'm of the mind that mistaken sightings need not be explained by appealing to a similar looking creature. You think Brown and Strain may have seen bears. Possible, given the blackness of the animals and the fact bears are local natives. But, they claimed the animals were too fast ascending the hill for bears. I'm thinking they may have seen something totally different than what they think they saw. Consider that Brian originally claimed he saw two smallish black objects that appeared to glide up the hill. He admitted that he would not have thought of an ape had he had the sighting under a different context. He became convinced that he saw apes because others there, who really had no appreciative better viewpoint, all claimed they saw Bigfoot.
When one of these folks plugs a bear out of season, I'll bet that becomes a bigfoot as well. The body will mysteriously disappear save for a "steak" that will be stored in a Mason jar under Funk and Wagnall's porch where again mysteriously, it will be stolen. Or swapped for a bear steak.
Old 17th June 2013, 06:18 AM   #304
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Georgia sometimes have reports of a unusually large canine like animal living in the south ga swamps and in northern florida. Some people claim its a remnant dire wolf population.

In my opinion its probably just a bear which in south ga is slimmer and more dog like than other bears.
Old 17th June 2013, 06:23 AM   #305
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Georgia sometimes have reports of a unusually large canine like animal living in the south ga swamps and in northern florida. Some people claim its a remnant dire wolf population......
Help me out. What's one of these?

Thanks
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 06:31 AM   #306
The Shrike
Illuminator

^A Pleistocene wolf from North America, about 25% heavier on average than Gray Wolf and ecologically dependent on megafauna. Extinct since about 10,000 years ago. (Wiki)

People who report "Dire Wolves" I think are picturing something much larger than a Gray Wolf, but that really isn't the case. I'd call "dog bears" as good a hypothesis as any.
Old 17th June 2013, 06:32 AM   #307
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Georgia sometimes have reports of a unusually large canine like animal living in the south ga swamps and in northern florida. Some people claim its a remnant dire wolf population.

In my opinion its probably just a bear which in south ga is slimmer and more dog like than other bears.
Bears are very slender in the spring, when coming out of hibernation. Kinda wierd looking, compared to how we're used to seeing them.

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Help me out. What's one of these?

Thanks
IIRC, they were large wolves arond during the Pleistocene. See the wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dire_wolf.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 06:34 AM   #308
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Edit: The Shrike beat me to it.

Last edited by rockinkt; 17th June 2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 17th June 2013, 06:39 AM   #309
Drewbot
Philosopher

Oh! I thought it was a D&D monster.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...-amp-Dire-Wolf
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 06:46 AM   #310
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Bears are very slender in the spring, when coming out of hibernation. Kinda wierd looking, compared to how we're used to seeing them.

The bear equivalent of heroin chic.

Old 17th June 2013, 10:09 AM   #311
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

The monster was based on the real one
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 10:27 AM   #312
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
^A Pleistocene wolf from North America, about 25% heavier on average than Gray Wolf and ecologically dependent on megafauna. .......
Thanks!
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 10:37 AM   #313
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Would or could a Dire Wolf swallow or chew up Bigfoot remains until nothing is left to identify?
Old 17th June 2013, 11:11 AM   #314
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Would or could a Dire Wolf swallow or chew up Bigfoot remains until nothing is left to identify?
Short faced bears would have chased them off of the bigfoot carcasses...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 11:55 AM   #315
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Of course direwolves are still around. Plenty of high-quality footage of them available at all three seasons of Game of Thrones.

But that's Westeros. In North America, they are kept as pets by bigfoots. Of course, by those bigfoots which are dog people. Those which are cat people, have phantom panters as pets.
Old 17th June 2013, 12:30 PM   #316
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Dire wolves were probably frightened silly at the mere day old scent of a sasquatch...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 01:22 PM   #317
Frozenwolf150
Formerly SilentKnight

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Dire wolves were probably frightened silly at the mere day old scent of a sasquatch...
Well, sure. Think of how bad stinky feet smell. Now imagine those feet are BIG and your sense of smell is 100,000 times more acute. I'd run too.
Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away
Frozenwolf150 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2013, 06:26 PM   #318
jerrywayne
Muse

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
So it's a known fact that apes can run uphill significantly and obviously faster than the 35 mph or so often attributed to bears?
Well, Shrike, you are forgetting that we are dealing with the Clark Kent of the ape-world. "Faster than a speeding bullet......" and all that.
Old 17th June 2013, 06:37 PM   #319
jerrywayne
Muse

Cryptozoologists do tend to romanticize. Any mysterious lake or river sighting becomes a whale or reptile from pre-history. Any unusual canine is converted into a dire wolf; felines become an American Cheetah known from the fossil record.

A dog swimming/walking in the shallows in "lake monster" habitat is a "Super Otter." Bigfoot sightings become evidence of relict gigantopithecines.

Fun and games.
Old 17th June 2013, 08:47 PM   #320
Dinwar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

The Rancho La Brea tar pits museum has something like 300 dire wolf (Canis dirus) skulls on one wall. It's one of the few times paleontologist a have been a blue to do population studies, in fact. Beautiful creatures. I wish I could clone one.

That's the cool part of REAL science--we get to study monsters made even more awe-inspiring by the fact that they were real. They in fact encountered humans.

You want to be really terrified, look up short-faced bears. Closest thing to a demon humans have ever encountered.
Dinwar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal