ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:01 AM   #41
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Quote:
Can you cite one expert who thinks this diet is healthy?
No I can't.
But I am agree to go on all kinds of scientist expertise.
Quote:
One expert cite is an incredibly low bar.
You are right.
I agree to be expertise by many experts.
Quote:
If you can't cite one lonely expert, then answer this: Do you think it's a good idea to switch to a highly unusual diet based solely on the cryptic words of an anonymous character on the Internet?
My name is Gregory Fogel.
I do not want to be anonymous.
I am agree to speak with every man by skype.
I am absolutely not exclusive person that can eat only in the 7th day of week.
99% of people can do this thing and with the same easy.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:16 AM   #42
DrDave
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
Have you tried Omegle? You'll meet plenty of men there...
DrDave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:24 AM   #43
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Quote:
If you live to be over 100 years old on this diet come back and let us know, and I might consider it.
I hope to live on 'Diet of New Saturday'' over 120 years.
So may be you will wait 20 years more.

Quote:
Until then I'll continue to trust my common sense, which is telling me that it's extremely ill advised.
It is very passive position.
What about to go step by step to Diet of New Saturday?
First step is refusing from all food drugs and food attractors.
Please do not eat salt, sugar, spices, sauce, boiled water, tea, coffee and flour cakes.
After month of this healthy life it will be very easy to eat once a day and than after month - once in 2 days.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:46 AM   #44
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
But can you fly by flapping your arms?

When I was 15 years old I was the champion among boys by wrestling in my sport club.
My weight in this time was 161 lb - exactly the same, that I have now.
And I feel myself even better than in this age.
Of course I really fly creatively and spiritually.
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:09 AM   #45
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I hope to live on 'Diet of New Saturday'' over 120 years.
So may be you will wait 20 years more.
No, you living to 100 will be enough to convince me it's worth looking into your recommended diet. So come back and post again when you reach your 100th birthday.
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:37 AM   #46
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

No. I was asking for facts.
You ask not facts.
You ask analogs to my invention 'Diet of New Saturday" Analogs can be finding in the cases of ordinary inventions but in the case of pioneer inventions it is impossible to find them.
There is or example the cascade medical fasting.
It is one day eating - one day not eating.
Then 2 days - 2 days.
Then 3 days - 3 days.
And o onstep by step till 7 days eatin - 7 days not eating lifestyle.
My lifestyle 6 days ot eating - 1 day eating.
I don't know analog of it.
And I don't about discovery of Great Peristaltic Catharsis of the 7th Day.
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:44 AM   #47
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
Have you tried Omegle? You'll meet plenty of men there...
Unfortunately I have no Omegle.
Most people use skype.
I Agree to make video lecture with discussion about my diet.
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:49 AM   #48
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
No, you living to 100 will be enough to convince me it's worth looking into your recommended diet. So come back and post again when you reach your 100th birthday.
All depends from God.
If HE really want to give people "only 7th day eating lifestyle" HE will do it in the time HE want.
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:59 AM   #49
DrDave
Illuminator

Unfortunately I have no Omegle.
Most people use skype.
I Agree to make video lecture with discussion about my diet.
It's just a website - you go there (omegle.com) and get connected automatically with various people for discussion. Should be useful
DrDave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:58 AM   #50
foophil
Graduate Poster

Nationalcosmopolitian, there are some inherent issue with testing this theory of yours.

First and foremost is that it is almost certainly going to end badly for the person wanting to starve their body of so many of the calories it needs. Very few, if anyone, is willing to help someone with a test like that as they might be held partially responsible if something goes bad.

Even with a willing person or organization who would try this and sign off on any liability, it is rather difficult to confirm the person is sticking with the diet. I can't imagine the hassle it would be to take you (or another willing participant) and seclude them from having access to anything at all food/drink related. Any and all access to the outside world would need to be heavily scrutinized to ensure the test subject isn't cheating. All food and drink would need to be controlled by the person/organization doing the test, and all scenarios thought of ahead of time. Obviously the person being tested couldn't do this in their own home for instance.

Every time this has been done in the past, with the proper controls I mentioned above, and with a person who states they can live off little to no food for long periods of time, have resulted in discovering the person had been cheating, or resulted in the person's health failing as their body succumbed to a lack of nutrients and calories. Every single time. Either the people were cheating, or they were deluded.

Good luck in finding a place that would be willing to put you in complete isolation for so long (assuming you want to do the test on yourself). And good luck finding a willing participant (if it isn't you) who would be willing to do such a test on their own body and mind.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:17 AM   #51
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

I'm reminded of the ascetic Japanese monks who literally starved themselves to death. If I remember, the religious authorities had to come in and order them to eat.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:04 PM   #52
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
I'm reminded of the ascetic Japanese monks who literally starved themselves to death. If I remember, the religious authorities had to come in and order them to eat.
I remember seeing a TV programme about Japanese monks a few centuries ago who starved themselves to death, but in their last weeks they drank a solution of lacquer to preserve their own bodies so they mummified themselves when still alive. Don't try this at home, kids!

Some of these mummies are still to be found in the monasteries. They are dressed up in fancy vestments and treated with great respect. Nutcases if you ask me.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 02:13 PM   #53
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

All depends from God.
If HE really want to give people "only 7th day eating lifestyle" HE will do it in the time HE want.
God is free to ask me to do anything he likes. I'd prefer if he uses the Evite feature in Microsoft Outlook so the appointment gets on my calendar. I only have a sage and a rosemary plant on the balcony of my condo and as I use both for cooking, I'd rather he not do the burning bush thing.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 02:16 PM   #54
Lukraak_Sisser
Master Poster

Why one people can be vegetarians and others can't?
Because organism of one's produces enough microorganisms for eating them and for getting an animal protein from them and organism of others does not produce enough microorganisms.
If to eat the vegetarian food every second or better every third day every body can become vegetarian because it will be enough microorganisms in there body in this case.
Vegetarians still eat cheese and other dairy products and in some cases even eggs. They get all the required essential parts from animals we need.
It's vegans that need to augment their diet to obtain the things normally provided trough animal products. Again, that is trivial in a western society at the moment, but it DOES need to be done.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 02:23 PM   #55
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

As I understand it, you stopped eating salt, sugar, artificial additives and wheat products. The simple act of cutting out salt will allow you to shed retained water (though your body does need some salt), and cutting out the main sources of carbohydrates in your diet would be sufficient for you to lose 90lb or thereabouts over time, whether you were eating seven days a week or one day a week. All you are doing by fasting six days a week is putting your electrolyte balance in jeopardy and messing with your blood sugar levels.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan

Last edited by Agatha; 23rd December 2014 at 02:24 PM.
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2014, 05:22 PM   #56
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
As I understand it, you stopped eating salt, sugar, artificial additives and wheat products. The simple act of cutting out salt will allow you to shed retained water (though your body does need some salt), and cutting out the main sources of carbohydrates in your diet would be sufficient for you to lose 90lb or thereabouts over time, whether you were eating seven days a week or one day a week. All you are doing by fasting six days a week is putting your electrolyte balance in jeopardy and messing with your blood sugar levels.
And you would lose even more weight after death. Many old coffins are opened and the contents are just a few bones. Don't try this at home kiddies. You need to have expert advice. Such advice can be obtained from random, illiterate posters on the Internet.
Old 24th December 2014, 01:20 AM   #57
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
It's just a website - you go there (omegle.com) and get connected automatically with various people for discussion. Should be useful
Thank you!
I am in this site now, but I see the lock on my username.
http://www.omegle.social/user/Nationalcosmopolitan
Old 24th December 2014, 02:18 AM   #58
Mojo
Mostly harmless

It means Saturday, Friday and Thursday.

Nope. May, June, July and August.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 03:19 AM   #59
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Quote:
First and foremost is that it is almost certainly going to end badly for the person wanting to starve their body of so many of the calories it needs. Very few, if anyone, is willing to help someone with a test like that as they might be held partially responsible if something goes bad.
In the last 4 - 5 days of medical starvation a man lose just 1/4 lb. of his weight.
It means that for 6 days with out food the man will lose 1.5 lb of his clean fat.
1lb of human being fat has 4000 kcal.
So 1.5 lb has 6000 kcal.
On "Diet of New Saturday" I eat 7000 - 8000 kcal in Saturday.
That's why my weight do not change for the last 2 - 3 months.
In the end of Saturday it is 170 lb and in the begining of Saturday it is 161lb.
For 6 days I lose not more than 2.2 lb of clean fat.
On Saturday my body produces about 2.2 lb. of clean fat, 4.4 lb of feces and 8.8 lb of urine.
So theoretically and in practical nothing bad can happened.

Quote:
Even with a willing person or organization who would try this and sign off on any liability, it is rather difficult to confirm the person is sticking with the diet. I can't imagine the hassle it would be to take you (or another willing participant) and seclude them from having access to anything at all food/drink related. Any and all access to the outside world would need to be heavily scrutinized to ensure the test subject isn't cheating. All food and drink would need to be controlled by the person/organization doing the test, and all scenarios thought of ahead of time. Obviously the person being tested couldn't do this in their own home for instance.
The Diet of New Saturday gives a great opportunity to heal people from excess weight and all illness that it brings, from drug addiction, from alcoholism, from smoking and from food addiction.
It's not even billions it's trillions of dollars!
And all you need is to check me and start spreading my diet.

Quote:
Every time this has been done in the past, with the proper controls I mentioned above, and with a person who states they can live off little to no food for long periods of time, have resulted in discovering the person had been cheating, or resulted in the person's health failing as their body succumbed to a lack of nutrients and calories. Every single time. Either the people were cheating, or they were deluded.
I did not say that I can live with out food.
I say that for 9 months I has build step by step "To eat only in the 7th Day New Lifestyle" and that I am more than 3 months eat only in Saturday.
8000 kcal of food is absolutely enough for me.

Quote:
Good luck in finding a place that would be willing to put you in complete isolation for so long (assuming you want to do the test on yourself). And good luck finding a willing participant (if it isn't you) who would be willing to do such a test on their own body and mind.
Thank you for your good wishes.
You are right that bureaucracy and organization problems are huge.
But if many people will know about my diet they will force businessmen to make it useful for billions.
I ask you to tell about my experiment to your friends and businessmen you know.
Old 24th December 2014, 03:34 AM   #60
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Quote:
I have read about Christian monastery in Greece were monks eat 4 days a week.
They are sure that for their righteous God gave them this ability.
I am sure that God gave me "To eat only in the 7th Day New Lifestyle" for my Global Social Project "New Saturday" with hope that will heal billions of people from their illness.
Old 24th December 2014, 03:53 AM   #61
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
On my diet a person eats 2 - 2.5 times less calories than is necessary under the rules of everyday life.
Thus can increase work resources of the body 2 - 2.5 times.
I hope that my diet will increase life expectancy 2 – 2.5 times.
Old 24th December 2014, 03:58 AM   #62
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

At 8,000 calories a week, unless you are exceptionally sedentary, you will undoubtedly lose weight. But not all that weight will be fat, you will lose lean muscle tissue as well. Have you spoken to a doctor about your eating regime?

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 04:00 AM   #63
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
God is free to ask me to do anything he likes. I'd prefer if he uses the Evite feature in Microsoft Outlook so the appointment gets on my calendar. I only have a sage and a rosemary plant on the balcony of my condo and as I use both for cooking, I'd rather he not do the burning bush thing.
What you think about raw food eating?
Old 24th December 2014, 04:23 AM   #64
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Quote:
Vegetarians still eat cheese and other dairy products and in some cases even eggs. They get all the required essential parts from animals we need.
If the same vegetarians will eat only in the second or in the third day they will not have any wishes to eat eggs or cheese.

Quote:
It's vegans that need to augment their diet to obtain the things normally provided trough animal products. Again, that is trivial in a western society at the moment, but it DOES need to be done.
They have to eat mostly soaked in raw water cereals, legumes and nuts every second or third day in maximum amount that they can to eat and all will be OK.
Old 24th December 2014, 05:09 AM   #65
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Quote:
As I understand it, you stopped eating salt, sugar, artificial additives and wheat products.
I eat wheat that was 2 - 3 days in the raw water.
I don't eat food from flour, tea, coffee, sauces, spices.

Quote:
The simple act of cutting out salt will allow you to shed retained water (though your body does need some salt),
Yes because my body needs less water.

Quote:
and cutting out the main sources of carbohydrates in your diet would be sufficient for you to lose 90lb or thereabouts over time, whether you were eating seven days a week or one day a week.
I have loose 92 lb for first 5 - 6 months of my diet.
Unfortunately how many fat, water and faeces were in those 92 lb of my loosing weight I don't know.
About carbohydrates.
I eat on Saturday 4.4 lb of dry cereals which soaked in the raw water.

Quote:
All you are doing by fasting six days a week is putting your electrolyte balance in jeopardy and messing with your blood sugar levels.
What are you talking about?
I can work 12 hours a day.
With out any sport traning I fill that I can run not less than for an hour.
Old 24th December 2014, 05:22 AM   #66
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

And you would lose even more weight after death. Many old coffins are opened and the contents are just a few bones. Don't try this at home kiddies. You need to have expert advice. Such advice can be obtained from random, illiterate posters on the Internet.
I'm absolutely agree with your advice.
Don't go alone to this experiment but tell everybody about my diet and force scientists to investigate my experiment and after that as fast as possible give it for using to billions of ill people.
Old 24th December 2014, 05:45 AM   #67
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
At 8,000 calories a week, unless you are exceptionally sedentary, you will undoubtedly lose weight. But not all that weight will be fat, you will lose lean muscle tissue as well. Have you spoken to a doctor about your eating regime?
I am on my diet 9 months.
For last 3.5 months my weight is stable.
In the beginning of Saturday it is 161 lb.
In the end of Saturday it is 170 lb.
My cousin gastric doctor with 40 years experience.
She predicted the imminent death of me yet 8 months ago.
Today, she and her friends - doctors do not believe that I can easily keep my diet just because it gives me a very good health and high creative and spirit abilities.
Old 24th December 2014, 06:00 AM   #68
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

I eat on Saturday 4.4 lb of dry cereals which soaked in the raw water.
What cereals? What do they weigh after soaking? Is it oatmeal or something you make porridge from? I defy anyone to eat all that in one day.

The biggest volume diet I know in history is the daily consumption of potatoes by Irish farm labourers in the early nineteenth century, which was a stone (14 lb) of potatoes. But these are mostly water, so they were consuming nothing like that in dry weight. And they ate nothing else, more or less.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 06:01 AM   #69
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What you think about raw food eating?
I'm not aware of any harm that it does though not having researched much I'm probably the wrong person to ask.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 07:28 AM   #70
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Can you cite one expert who thinks this diet is healthy?

One expert cite is an incredly low bar.

If you can't cite one lonely expert, then answer this: Do you think it's a good idea to switch to a highly unusual diet based solely on the cryptic words of an anonymous character on the Internet?
No I can't.
But I am agree to go on all kinds of scientist expertise.

You are right.
I agree to be expertise by many experts.

My name is Gregory Fogel.
I do not want to be anonymous.
I am absolutely not exclusive person that can eat only in the 7th day of week.
99% of people can do this thing and with the same easy.
Thank you for admitting that you're unable to cite even one lonely expert who endorses your diet.

Now that readers might know your name, do you actually think that changes the gist of my question? It doesn't -- not in the slightest.
Old 24th December 2014, 07:37 AM   #71
Denver
Penultimate Amazing

I am on my diet 9 months.
For last 3.5 months my weight is stable.
In the beginning of Saturday it is 161 lb.
In the end of Saturday it is 170 lb.
My cousin gastric doctor with 40 years experience.
She predicted the imminent death of me yet 8 months ago.
Today, she and her friends - doctors do not believe that I can easily keep my diet just because it gives me a very good health and high creative and spirit abilities.
If you have doctors monitoring you, that is good. It would be even better for your project (and for the world, if your claims are true) if they would publish a study based on their findings. Will they do that?
Old 24th December 2014, 07:46 AM   #72
Donn
Philosopher

Raw food goes well with raw water.
Donn is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 07:55 AM   #73
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Raw food goes well with raw water.
Naturally!
Old 24th December 2014, 01:01 PM   #74
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

In the last 4 - 5 days of medical starvation a man lose just 1/4 lb. of his weight.
It means that for 6 days with out food the man will lose 1.5 lb of his clean fat.
1lb of human being fat has 4000 kcal.
So 1.5 lb has 6000 kcal.
On "Diet of New Saturday" I eat 7000 - 8000 kcal in Saturday.
That's why my weight do not change for the last 2 - 3 months.
In the end of Saturday it is 170 lb and in the begining of Saturday it is 161lb.
For 6 days I lose not more than 2.2 lb of clean fat.
On Saturday my body produces about 2.2 lb. of clean fat, 4.4 lb of feces and 8.8 lb of urine.
So theoretically and in practical nothing bad can happened.
No, simplistically, nothing bad can happen. Your body will not store some electrolytes and thus you will be for instance hypokalemic by the sixth day without food. Another consideration is hypophosphatemia causing calcium to be drawn from your bones.

Quote:
The Diet of New Saturday gives a great opportunity to heal people from excess weight and all illness that it brings, from drug addiction, from alcoholism, from smoking and from food addiction.
It's not even billions it's trillions of dollars!
And all you need is to check me and start spreading my diet.
What study have you done to back up the claim of curing any illness much less addictions?

If a large scale study was undertaken and people died would you accept responsibility?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 01:50 PM   #75
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

It's obvious from his post that he is suffering brain damage from malnutrition.

I prescribe he supplement by adding 1/2 kilo of chopped liver the other six days.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 02:06 PM   #76
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
It's obvious from his post that he is suffering brain damage from malnutrition.

I prescribe he supplement by adding 1/2 kilo of chopped liver the other six days.
Liver! Bleh!
May I suggest an alternative of a boiled egg. Boiled in raw water of course.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 06:04 PM   #77
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Psi Baba View Post
I only eat on days that end in the letter Y.
I take an entirely opposite approach and only eat on days with an A in them,
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 08:00 PM   #78
SezMe
post-pre-born

I am sure that God gave me "To eat only in the 7th Day New Lifestyle" for my Global Social Project "New Saturday" with hope that will heal billions of people from their illness.
Which god?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2014, 08:40 PM   #79
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Which god?
Which illness?
Old 25th December 2014, 01:40 AM   #80
Lukraak_Sisser
Master Poster

Which illness?
So, clearly we are talking Grandfather Nurgle here. The 'diet' and desire to help does seem to fit his MO.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal