ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 03:07 AM   #121
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
So that's a no then. No converts to your diet amongst people who have observed it, just surprise that you are still alive.

Most people need a greater incentive to try a diet, especially one as difficult and unpleasant as yours, than "I'm still alive after 9 months on it".
For 65 years of my life I used tens different methods to low my excess weight.
Different diets, jogging, swimming, etc.
Nothing gave a stable result for a long time.
And I spent to achieve this goal a lot of effort, time and health!
I know exactly that 99% of fat people are in the same situation for all their life.
A now I have in my hand the diet that will give to all people who suffer from their excess weight and many illnesses that it gives 99% of insuarence that they will have the normal weight all thetr life!
I can't imagine any force that can stop them to adopt my diet.

And even more strong intention to adopt my diet will be at alcoholics, drug addicts and smokers for because most of them tried to solve their problems without good results.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th December 2014, 03:19 AM   #122
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
For 65 years of my life I used tens different methods to low my excess weight.
Different diets, jogging, swimming, etc.
Nothing gave a stable result for a long time.
And I spent to achieve this goal a lot of effort, time and health!
I know exactly that 99% of fat people are in the same situation for all their life.
A now I have in my hand the diet that will give to all people who suffer from their excess weight and many illnesses that it gives 99% of insuarence that they will have the normal weight all thetr life!

And even more strong intention to adopt my diet will be at alcoholics, drug addicts and smokers for because most of them tried to solve their problems without good results.
I lost two stone (reducing my BMI from 30 to 26) seven years ago and have kept it off. I did not need to use your ridiculous diet to do so.

I'm glad that you have found something that works for you, though 9 months is a bit early to declare success and there is a significant possibility that in the long run your diet will prove to be as unhealthy as it sounds. Expecting to persuade anyone else to adopt your diet based on your 9 months of experience alone is absurd, as you are already finding.
Old 29th December 2014, 03:35 AM   #123
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
This is not a strong recommendation for your diet, that educated and experienced doctors

- think you are crazy
- refuse to adopt your diet
- are very surprised that you are still alive.

If my doctor said that to me about something I was doing, I would stop doing it immediately.
The point of view of my cousin and her highly professional friends was opposed my intuition and life experience.
I have a big respect and believing to them as the doctors.
I have promised to myself that if I will feel even very little discomfort on any current step of my diet I will immediately stop it's further development.
But I went step by step without any even little problem and now for more than 3 months I am on final goal step of it.

Just because for me it was very, very, very easy I am absolutely sure that for other people it will be as minimum very easy.

Last edited by Nationalcosmopolitan; 29th December 2014 at 03:37 AM.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th December 2014, 06:57 AM   #124
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Did Kumar move to Israel?
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th December 2014, 08:17 AM   #125
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

If to put oatmeal in a raw water for some hours you can eat it and it will be better for your health than oatmeal cooked in boiling water.
Why?
Old 29th December 2014, 12:06 PM   #126
foophil
Graduate Poster

If to put oatmeal in a raw water for some hours you can eat it and it will be better for your health than oatmeal cooked in boiling water.
My wife actually does this method of prepping her oatmeal. She lets it soak overnight in water in the fridge, then warms it up briefly (to make it more palatable) in the microwave. This is done more to save time in her busy mornings than anything else.

You can't put into boiled cold water aquarium fish because it will die.
You do not give it to drink to your dog or cat.
You are not watering plants by boiled water after it cools down.
So the boiled water is the "water of death" and the raw clean water is the "water of life".

Can you explain this a little more? All water on the entire planet at some point was boiled, then cooled (the planet was rather hot in its early history). At what point does it no longer become "water of death"? The boiling hot water in Yellowstone National Park has life in it. Boiling hot water deep in the ocean feeds all sorts of life. Heck, many times I've personally boiled water, and when I had excess after cooking, I've poured it into my dog and cat's bowl after it cooled down so as to not waste the water. Both pets are still alive today. The cat is ~13 years old too which is pretty god for a house cat.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th December 2014, 07:51 AM   #127
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by foophil View Post
My wife actually does this method of prepping her oatmeal. She lets it soak overnight in water in the fridge, then warms it up briefly (to make it more palatable) in the microwave. This is done more to save time in her busy mornings than anything else.
Try it in a slow cooker overnight. But you need the right kind, not instant or quick-cooking.

I used steel-cut oats (sometimes lightly toasted in a frying pan), water or milk, a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, and some berries. It's ready when you are. And magically delicious.
Old 30th December 2014, 07:56 AM   #128
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

...when I had excess after cooking, I've poured it into my dog and cat's bowl after it cooled down so as to not waste the water. Both pets are still alive today. The cat is ~13 years old too which is pretty god for a house cat.
Same here, my cat is 16 years old and shows no sign of slowing down yet.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th December 2014, 10:40 AM   #129
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Try it in a slow cooker overnight. But you need the right kind, not instant or quick-cooking.

I used steel-cut oats (sometimes lightly toasted in a frying pan), water or milk, a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, and some berries. It's ready when you are. And magically delicious.
Yes, you're right. Never use the quick stuff except in an emergency. Soak the steel cut oatmeal overnight and cook it in the morning, or do as you suggest. It's nice with fruit as you say, or with savoury flavourings too, and then you can put a poached egg on top.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th December 2014, 10:52 AM   #130
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I lost two stone (reducing my BMI from 30 to 26) seven years ago and have kept it off. I did not need to use your ridiculous diet to do so.
I had cancer. Had surgery and was in hospital for 10 days post-op, 2 of which were IV fluids only followed by 3 days liquid diet only. Lost 20 pounds, kept 15 of those off since then (10+ years).

I do not recommend it as a weight reduction plan though.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th December 2014, 10:58 AM   #131
alexi_drago
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
I wonder if your cat would feel the benefits of only being fed every seventh day. Or would that come under some sort of animal cruelty/abuse?
Old 30th December 2014, 11:24 AM   #132
jt512
Graduate Poster

This diet reminds me of a joke Steven Pinker tells his new writing manual, The Sense of Style, about "a peddler who decided to train his horse to get by without eating. 'First I fed him every other day, and he did just fine. Then I fed him every third day. Then every fourth day. But just as I was getting him down to one meal a week, he died on me!'."

The joke was an allegorical warning against taking the rule in writing, "Omit needless words," to excess. The analogy to human dieting is obvious.
jt512 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th December 2014, 11:28 AM   #133
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alexi_drago View Post
I wonder if your cat would feel the benefits of only being fed every seventh day. Or would that come under some sort of animal cruelty/abuse?
Abuse and six days of constant demanding meows.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:30 AM   #134
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Abuse and six days of constant demanding meows.
I'd wager three to four days of meowing followed by silence.

But you'd never have to buy more cat food!
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th December 2014, 11:31 AM   #135
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jt512 View Post
This diet reminds me of a joke Steven Pinker tells his new writing manual, The Sense of Style, about "a peddler who decided to train his horse to get by without eating. 'First I fed him every other day, and he did just fine. Then I fed him every third day. Then every fourth day. But just as I was getting him down to one meal a week, he died on me!'."

The joke was an allegorical warning against taking the rule in writing, "Omit needless words," to excess. The analogy to human dieting is obvious.
I cringe on every instance of "tiny, little" , which hear or read quite often.

"Rate of speed" is another bugaboo of mine.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:45 AM   #136
alexi_drago
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
I'd wager three to four days of meowing followed by silence.

But you'd never have to buy more cat food!
Or have to deal with the peristaltic catharsis tray.
Old 30th December 2014, 01:10 PM   #137
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Or have to deal with the peristaltic catharsis tray.
That reminds me. I take it "peristaltic catharsis" is a nice way of saying "**** your brains out", a 'poo-day' if you will.
Old 30th December 2014, 01:36 PM   #138
alexi_drago
Graduate Poster

That reminds me. I take it "peristaltic catharsis" is a nice way of saying "**** your brains out", a 'poo-day' if you will.
As far as i can tell, yes, a cleansing of the pipework.

Nationalcosmopolitan, what physical activities or work do you do throughout a typical week?
Old 30th December 2014, 02:09 PM   #139
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Thought so. Nothing a brisk walk, a yogurt, and a liter of apple juice/water per day can't accomplish.
Old 30th December 2014, 03:11 PM   #140
HighRiser
Graduate Poster

Firstly, please know that even to a poorly educated layman, such as myself, I worry that your diet plan is going to put you in poor health if you persist with it.
I am absolutely sure that even today... (snip)... I am absolutely sure that I will implement worldwide my project "Diet of New Saturday".
You are absolutely sure that this diet of yours will catch on even though doctors such as your cousin don't approve of it?
I has begun my diet in April 1 2014.
I am not in a hurry because I know well that even when I will become a billionaire I will remain on my "Diet of the 7th Day".
I has hoped that all will be ready for wide using of my diet from April 1 2015.
But all is ready even now.
I can give my consulting to everybody who want step by step to come to this great diet and lifestyle.
You might want to rethink your 'Becoming a Billionaire' strategy there, friend.
A large python has no the Great Peristaltic Catharsis of the 7th Day that makes me able to eat 20 lb for 25 sometimes 30 hours of my Saturday.
My organism as a factory produces in Saturday 2 - 2.5 lb of fat, 4 -4.5 lb of feces and 1.1 gallon of urine.
2 - 2.5 lb of fat is absolutely enough me to be full of energy for 6 days without eating.
My weight is stable and in dynamic balance.
I hope that the discovery of Peristaltic Catharsis of the 7th Day will bring me the Nobel Prize.
There's no way this can be good for your digestive system. You also might want to rethink your Nobel strategy.
...(snip)...

How, exactly, do you know these things? It's my understanding that if one consumes more calories than one burns, then weight gain will result. And if one burns more than they consume, weight loss will result. What could your unadvisable diet plan do to help addictions?
The point of view of my cousin and her highly professional friends was opposed my intuition and life experience.
I have a big respect and believing to them as the doctors.
I have promised to myself that if I will feel even very little discomfort on any current step of my diet I will immediately stop it's further development.
But I went step by step without any even little problem and now for more than 3 months I am on final goal step of it.

Just because for me it was very, very, very easy I am absolutely sure that for other people it will be as minimum very easy.
Three months of malnutrition resulting in weight loss doesn't seem unusual (or wise) to me.
Originally Posted by casebro View Post
Did PeaceCrusader?

Science is not hopelessly hobbled just because it knows the difference between fact and imagination. -JayUtah
HighRiser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th December 2014, 09:24 PM   #141
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Thought so. Nothing a brisk walk, a yogurt, and a liter of apple juice/water per day can't accomplish.
I really don't think your régime, wise as it seems to me, could achieve each day the formidable results of the Great Peristaltic Catharsis, to wit
... My organism as a factory produces in Saturday 2 - 2.5 lb of fat, 4 -4.5 lb of feces and 1.1 gallon of urine.
Nor do I think anyone would wish to produce this "factory" output in consequence of a "brisk walk", unless the walking area was well provided with public conveniences.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th December 2014, 10:05 PM   #142
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I really don't think your régime, wise as it seems to me, could achieve each day the formidable results of the Great Peristaltic Catharsis, to wit Nor do I think anyone would wish to produce this "factory" output in consequence of a "brisk walk", unless the walking area was well provided with public conveniences.
Depends.
Old 30th December 2014, 10:36 PM   #143
SezMe
post-pre-born

I hope that the discovery of Peristaltic Catharsis of the 7th Day will bring me the Nobel Prize.
If it does, it will be posthumously.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2014, 03:16 AM   #144
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

It just mean that you in 1% of people that have lost their weight and did not become overweight again.
The normal IBM 18.5 - 25.
Doctors say that till the age of 40 the IBM have to be about 18.5 - 22 and after 40 about 22 - 27.
My point of view that ideally after 40 year old the IBM have to be 20 - 16.
Today it is just very very difficult to reach this IBM.
Only professional dancers, some professional sportsmen and yogis can reach it.
The "Diet of New Saturday" will give an ability very very easy to reach it to everybody.
I'm glad that you have found something that works for you, though 9 months is a bit early to declare success and there is a significant possibility that in the long run your diet will prove to be as unhealthy as it sounds. Expecting to persuade anyone else to adopt your diet based on your 9 months of experience alone is absurd, as you are already finding.
Let us suppose that you trust me and that you know exactly that my diet is not a circus trick.
How much time according your point of view I should practice it and show very good health, to make my diet attractive to other people?
Old 31st December 2014, 03:31 AM   #145
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
I am not the Kumar.
I am a Secular Abrahamic - Buddhist because I read Tanah, Tripitaka, Bible and Koran as a secular person.
My goal to make in this way the total killing of total hating between religions, cultures and nations.
Old 31st December 2014, 03:36 AM   #146
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Why?
Because the hot water kills many useful ingredients of every food and the raw water do not kills them.
Old 31st December 2014, 03:38 AM   #147
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

It just mean that you in 1% of people that have lost their weight and did not become overweight again.
20% of people who lose weight keep it off

I'm prepared to bet that not a single one of them used your diet.

Quote:
The "Diet of New Saturday" will give an ability very very easy to reach it to everybody.
Your diet is not very very easy, plus it's disgusting. Nobody would even consider it without some very compelling evidence that it is (a) safe and (b) not just effective but significantly more effective than the many other far easier diets

Quote:
Let us suppose that you trust me and that you know exactly that my diet is not a circus trick.
How much time according your point of view I should practice it and show very good health, to make my diet attractive to other people?
I already told you. Reach your hundredth birthday on this diet and people might start to seriously consider that you're on to something. But even then the number of people who you could convince to emulate you would be negligible.
Old 31st December 2014, 04:17 AM   #148
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

It is good.
But may be it will be better to put the oatmeal and other cereals and beans in the raw warm water that has the temperature of the human body.
Can you explain this a little more? All water on the entire planet at some point was boiled, then cooled (the planet was rather hot in its early history). At what point does it no longer become "water of death"? The boiling hot water in Yellowstone National Park has life in it. Boiling hot water deep in the ocean feeds all sorts of life. Heck, many times I've personally boiled water, and when I had excess after cooking, I've poured it into my dog and cat's bowl after it cooled down so as to not waste the water. Both pets are still alive today. The cat is ~13 years old too which is pretty god for a house cat.
Physics of water is very complex topic.
I am not competent in it.

But for our practical needs we have to take 3 groups of mouses.
To the first group we have to give the normal ration of food every day.
To the second - half of normal ration every day.
To the third - half of week normal ration that was in raw water and to eat it only one day a week .
If the average life of the third group will be more than the average life of others it will prove that "Diet of New Saturday" has the potential of wide using.
Old 31st December 2014, 04:30 AM   #149
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post

I think that the mistake of almost all people that they have a strong intention to eat the delicious dishes.
But really healthy food must not be delicious and must not be not delicious as raw water - the example of ideal delicious.
Old 31st December 2014, 04:45 AM   #150
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

May be you read scientist recommendations that you can as usual give to your cat or to your dog the boiled water to drink?
Old 31st December 2014, 04:55 AM   #151
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

To the third - half of week normal ration that was in raw water and to eat it only one day a week .
If the average life of the third group will be more than the average life of others it will prove that "Diet of New Saturday" has the potential of wide using.
We already know that mice will starve to death if left even a couple of days without food. To even attempt such an experiment would be a prosecutable offence in most civilised countries.
Old 31st December 2014, 05:02 AM   #152
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

May be you read scientist recommendations that you can as usual give to your cat or to your dog the boiled water to drink?
Maybe you can provide a link to a scientific recommendation not to give your cat or your dog previously boiled water to drink? I have never come across any such recommendation, and I would certainly expect to have done so if there was any evidence whatsoever that it was harmful.
Old 31st December 2014, 05:15 AM   #153
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Very good cleansing of 23 ft of the of the all intestine and all stomach.
Nationalcosmopolitan, what physical activities or work do you do throughout a typical week?
I can live 6 days a week in the streets of Jerusalem or Tel Aviv without eating and go for 10 - 12 hours not less than 15 miles a day when I introduce to the people my global social project "New Saturday".
When I am at home I sleep 5 - 6 hours a day and feel before 30 minutes to go to sleep as in the time when I wake up in the morning.
Old 31st December 2014, 05:35 AM   #154
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

When I was 40 years old I could jogging about 2 hours and this thing really gave me a very good stomach peristaltic.
But it is absolutely impossible to compare it with Great Peristaltic Catharsis of the "Diet of New Saturday".
I think that God gave me this great discovery.
Old 31st December 2014, 06:17 AM   #155
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

I think that God gave me this great discovery.
I thought you were "secular". Anyway, if God taught you how to produce 2 - 2.5 lb of fat, 4 -4.5 lb of feces and 1.1 gallon of urine in a single day, that proves that God still works miracles.
Old 31st December 2014, 06:57 AM   #156
alexi_drago
Graduate Poster

We already know that mice will starve to death if left even a couple of days without food. To even attempt such an experiment would be a prosecutable offence in most civilised countries.
Mythbusters have proved that to be not entirely true, they were testing the myth that there is more nutrition in the cardboard packaging of some kids cereals than there is in the cereal itself. One group of mice were given the cardboard and after being left for the weekend it turned out one had turned to cannibalism and eaten the other two instead of starving to death. They were told by the network never to air that myth.
Old 31st December 2014, 07:10 AM   #157
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

no
I simply understand that mammals require an intake of water. That I learned waaaay back in 1962 when I began my schooling.
It makes little difference whether the water is boiled or , as you put it, "raw". Except that boiling will kill off any pathogens that would harm my cat, or me.

I missed where you obtain your raw water from. You have a well at your home?
Old 31st December 2014, 07:14 AM   #158
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Very good cleansing of 23 ft of the of the all intestine and all stomach.
You have a colonoscopy/endoscope or barium enema test to show that it clears the entire stomach, small intestine, and colon?
or as usual is this just your guess?
Old 31st December 2014, 07:15 AM   #159
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I thought you were "secular". Anyway, if God taught you how to produce 2 - 2.5 lb of fat, 4 -4.5 lb of feces and 1.1 gallon of urine in a single day, that proves that God still works miracles.
or perhaps its 6 pounds of feces but only 4.5 pounds exits on Saturday.
Old 31st December 2014, 07:22 AM   #160
foophil
Graduate Poster

Physics of water is very complex topic.
Yes, I'm aware of this.

Can you provide a link to the scientific article stating what you say? I'm not aware of any experiment being done to mice that resulted in this. It would be easy to perform I suppose, so I imagine there must be ample evidence backing up your claims. Can you cite any of them?

I have another question for you - how hot is too hot for water and the point at which it becomes 'death water'? Is it only once it reaches the point of boiling? 60 Celsius is pretty hot. It would certainly damage a human if they were in it too long. That is how hot water is in many people's hot water heater around the world. Yet the world doesn't seem to be dying off because of it.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal