ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 03:49 AM   #281
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cymru
Posts: 22,959
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
Thank you very much for this material.
First of all 2 questions.
Is it interesting to you to try one of those fastings?
There is already a thread on intermittent fasting. As someone who has tried it intermittently (so intermittent intermittent fasting if you will) I observe that it can contribute to weight loss if you can bear to stick with it but no more so than excluding 4,000 - 5,000 calories a week by other means. Personally I found the fast days unpleasant because I'm habituated to regular meals (2 or 3 a day).

My next door neighbour has stuck with it for 3 years now. After an initial 6kg weight loss his weight has stabilised so he is now overweight rather than obese. He hasn't observed the changes in blood pressure and IGF that others have reported.

Neither of us can comment on the effect on longevity because neither of us are dead yet

Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
What is your opinion can we find somebody who want to try one of those fasting?
According the article the people who live this lifestyle eat in a week period 7000 kcal in one variant and 10200 - 10500 kcal in the other variant.
I eat in Saturday about 7000 - 9000 kcal.
So in this principal case - how much to eat weekly we are at the same position.
I can add that may be enough 4900 kcal a week on my diet to carry weight on mass index near 18.5 - 19.
But you claim to walk over 100 miles a week which would burn at least 10000 calories, something doesn't add up.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 03:52 AM   #282
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by commandlinegamer View Post
I think I understand now.
May be now is the time to try to adapt at the first step of my diet?
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 03:52 AM   #283
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21,273
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Neither of us can comment on the effect on longevity because neither of us are dead yet.
I don't think that dead people are better at commenting on things than living people.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 04:54 AM   #284
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
Are you sure that you are following the model of creation of the 7th day?
I am absolutely sure because every day of my weekly formatted diet is absolutely different from others in my creative mind and in my creative feelings similar the days of creation week.
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
What about this? Holiness: Rabbinic Judaism in the Graeco-Roman World, By Hannah K. Harrington. P106.
I didn't read this book.
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
Your mighty deeds of production of faeces and urine on the Sabbath would have been regarded as an abomination by these pious Jews in ancient times. Now you are saying that God is inspiring you to excrete massive quantities on that holy day. I must ask, were these ancient Rabbis wrong? Or has God changed his mind about faeces?
One Jew asks another Jew : "Tell me, Moshe to defecate in Sabbath is a physical or mental work?"
"I think it's a mental work" - Moshe says.
"Why you think so?"
"Because if it was a physical work, we will hired a man."

It is absolutely not forbidden to the Jew to do on the Holy Saturday all things I do.

Last edited by Nationalcosmopolitan; 7th January 2015 at 04:58 AM.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 06:27 AM   #285
Border Reiver
Philosopher
 
Border Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,072
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
On the first step you have to understand that the organism of a man when he keeps 1 and more days fasting produces alkaloids and opiates that work as doping.
All other dopings are bad for health.
This is the only doping that good for health.
The number and types of alkaloids and opiates that gives my diet to my organism will clarify by scientists.
First, on what science do you base your contention that the "alkaloids and Opiates" produced by your body as a result of your fasting are actually alkaloids and opiates;
Second, on what science do you base your contention that said substances are "good for health;" and
When will you have these substances catalogued by actual doctors and scientists, or is it your intent to make claims in hopes of convincing some other person to be the guinea pig?
__________________
Questions, comments, queries, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks?
Border Reiver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 06:29 AM   #286
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
So you're 65, and I'm 67, and according to you if I adopt your diet we'll still be having this silly debate when we're 120 years old? Well, if nothing else, it will give you time to perfect your English.
OK!
I will invite to live with me high educated beautiful English woman to improve my English.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Of course I can't say from experience what effect any diet would have on a person who is overweight or abuses alcohol and drugs, and I'm not going to start now just to see what happens when I stop.
You are not alcoholic.
You are not smoke.
You are not drug addict.
You are not overweight.
Maybe you want to live long using my diet.
But you don't want to wait till my 100 years to approve to yourself.
So maybe to make experiment on mice that live only 1 year and prolong with my diet their life till 2 - 3 years.
After that you can to begin the 1 step of my diet.
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
In another thread some time ago about fasting, I mentioned, and I'll mention again, that in my younger days I did actually try this, and cannot recommend it to anyone who regularly uses dangerous machinery. The bliss of enlightenment and vision has little use if you cut your hands off on a circular saw or your feet off with a chain saw.
If you have drank or have taken drugs you of course have no to drive a car.
But on my diet I can drive a care and make every job I that I can do.
I feel the creative euphoria but not intoxication from my diet.
All my reactions on much more high level than they were before the diet.
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Your suggestion that the seven day week has some religious significance seems rather silly. If we presume that the idea of a week and a month at all are socially useful, what other length of week would work in a 365 day year?
Seven Days of Creation.
Seven days a week.
Seven notes in an octave.
Seven colors of the rainbow.
Seven days of my diet.
This is one logical real existing seria.
It's not so easy to understand deeply.
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
With a little imagination you can find sermons in stones and books in babbling brooks, but it takes an extra dose of silliness to find god in the calendar.
You will be surprised but I have really done it.
I am the inventor of sevenfold or week-fold calendar of New Saturday.
It has exactly the same period as solar cycle - 28 years.
According this calendar in what day of week it was historical event in this day of week every year we can celebrate it.
It strongly increase the feeling of credibility of historical event.
3 7th year periods.
6 years - 52 weeks.
7th year - 53 weeks.
after that 6 years - 52 weeks.
7th and 28th and last year 54 weeks.

Very very simple.
And all events from Bible will be celebrated in the day of week as written in Bible!
It is very impotent for God believers I think.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 09:29 AM   #287
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
No, none of that is a logical reason to only eat on one in ever seven days. For starters, "creation" (we'll set aside that term for now) took billions of years, about 14.5 billion. Even if the number seven had something to do with "creation" that in no way causes a logical leap to you should only eat on one in seven days.

I honestly don't believe you when you say you only eat on one in seven days.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 10:27 AM   #288
alexi_drago
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,277
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
I began just boil afford meat, fish, potatoes, cereals, legumes, Glass, carrots, cabbage and ate without any restrictions.
My dishes became not tasty and not no tasty.
Glass! I'm not surprised your dishes became not tasty.
__________________
The secret NASA doesn't want you to know - God makes rockets work in space.
alexi_drago is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 03:17 PM   #289
SezMe
post-pre-born
 
SezMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 22,254
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I honestly don't believe you when you say you only eat on one in seven days.
Me too. Not even close. The numbers related to his diet that he's posted don't make sense at all. Maybe this thread ought to be in humor.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 06:20 PM   #290
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,812
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Not so fast. You made specific claims about 500 alkaloids and specific amounts.
Now you say you are willing to be studied to find out what alkaloids are supposedly created?
How did you arrive at the 500 alkaloids number?
Did you find it in a peristaltic catharsis remnant?
.
Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
First, on what science do you base your contention that the "alkaloids and Opiates" produced by your body as a result of your fasting are actually alkaloids and opiates;
Second, on what science do you base your contention that said substances are "good for health;" and
When will you have these substances catalogued by actual doctors and scientists, or is it your intent to make claims in hopes of convincing some other person to be the guinea pig?
NationalCosmopolitan, you have yet to address these questions even though they have been asked on several occasions by multiple posters here.

Either admit you made up the idea of 500 alkaloids/opiates, or back it up with evidence other than your personal feeling that it is correct.
Your willingness or unwillingness to submit to testing is not relevant. You MADE a claim of fact.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 09:49 PM   #291
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21,273
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
One Jew asks another Jew : "Tell me, Moshe to defecate in Sabbath is a physical or mental work?"
"I think it's a mental work" - Moshe says.
"Why you think so?"
"Because if it was a physical work, we will hired a man."

It is absolutely not forbidden to the Jew to do on the Holy Saturday all things I do.
That is an example of the silliness of religion. A hundred years ago, my mother, as a child, would earn a penny from her Jewish neighbours for lighting the fire in their home on the Sabbath. Now, if God says, don't kindle a fire on the Sabbath, presumably he doesn't want people to have a fire on the Sabbath. So he can't want them to pay the girl living next door to light the fire. That's silly.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 09:54 PM   #292
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,351
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
May be now is the time to try to adapt at the first step of my diet?
Lobotomy's are expensive these days, he might not go for it.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
----------------------------------------------
Proud woo denier
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2015, 03:16 AM   #293
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 9,847
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
Thank you very much for this material.
You're welcome. It wasn't hard to find.

Have you looked through the scientific research on the effects of fasting yet? Some of it is relevant to the claims you've made, e.g. about the amount of opiates produced.

Quote:
First of all 2 questions.

Is it interesting to you to try one of those fastings?
No. I've done the intermittent fasting diet a couple of times to lose weight put on during holidays or over Christmas (in fact I'm about to do so again now) but that's as far as I'm prepared to go. Even if the reward is indeed a few more years of life (and the evidence for that, whilst growing, is not yet compelling) the cost is too high for me personally.

Quote:
What is your opinion can we find somebody who want to try one of those fasting?
The existence of the web site suggests there are already some people for whom the reward of a few more years is worth the price of sticking to this diet, but my impression from a documentary I once saw on the subject was that it isn't a large number. I suspect that few, if any, of that small number would be prepared to adopt your much more challenging regime, but they're certainly the first people you should try to convince. I was going to suggest you join the discussion forum linked to at the site I already found for you but it doesn't appear to be working at the moment. Googling found this one, which seems to be quite active:

http://forum.fitnessthroughfasting.com/
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Pixel42; 8th January 2015 at 03:18 AM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th January 2015, 07:02 AM   #294
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
If you haven't done the experiement then you don't know the outcome.
In my case with probability 95% I can predict that if I will eat 7000 kcal only in the 7th Day my weight will not be less than 137 lb.
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I really hope "I heard it on the internet" isn't your basis for believing something is true.
Information from net that confirm some points of my hypothesis after my experiments.
Why not to use it in our creative constructive discussion?
With you so far...
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Nope, complete nonsense.
OK!
I'll tell the same more simply.
If you give your ability to make something to anybody else it doesn't mean that will loose even a little part of this ability.
That's why I can give my ability to eat only in the 7th week Day to all world people and not to loose nothing from this greatest God bonus.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th January 2015, 12:48 PM   #295
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,812
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
NationalCosmopolitan, you have yet to address these questions even though they have been asked on several occasions by multiple posters here.

Either admit you made up the idea of 500 alkaloids/opiates, or back it up with evidence other than your personal feeling that it is correct.
Your willingness or unwillingness to submit to testing is not relevant. You MADE a claim of fact.
Still waiting............
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th January 2015, 01:46 PM   #296
phunk
Illuminator
 
phunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,592
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
In my case with probability 95% I can predict that if I will eat 7000 kcal only in the 7th Day my weight will not be less than 137 lb.
Can you show your math? Just making up a probability for something is not going to fly around here.

Quote:
Information from net that confirm some points of my hypothesis after my experiments.
The net is loaded with false information.

Quote:
OK!
I'll tell the same more simply.
If you give your ability to make something to anybody else it doesn't mean that will loose even a little part of this ability.
That's why I can give my ability to eat only in the 7th week Day to all world people and not to loose nothing from this greatest God bonus.
I fail to see what that has to do with what I had quoted:

Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
There is a great law of conservation of energy, mass, material wealth and health.
There is no law of conservation of material wealth or health, the very idea of it is nonsense. The amounts of wealth and health both vary over time for any group of any number of people from an individual to the entire human race. If your house burns down, a new one does not appear somewhere else on earth. If you get sick, someone else doesn't magically become healthy.

There is also no law of conservation of knowledge, knowledge is lost every day.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 01:37 AM   #297
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cymru
Posts: 22,959
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
In my case with probability 95% I can predict that if I will eat 7000 kcal only in the 7th Day my weight will not be less than 137 lb.
Not if you walk 15 miles a day it won't

If you have a metabolism in the normal range, around 1000 calories a day doesn't even support the Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR - how much energy you expend simply by being alive) for a 100lb 70 year old man, much less one that expends over 1000 calories a day walking.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 04:38 AM   #298
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Apparently the law of conservation of health has a statute of limitations.
I needn't take nothing from my health that has greatly improved by this Great Diet to improve your health if I will give you my ability.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 04:56 AM   #299
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Updated.
The Diet of New 7th Day has increased the pause between meals 6 - 18 times.
May be it will increase the interval between menstrual cycles of females and they will have abilities to have children in the age of 100 years.
Today it looks like a joke, but who know, who know?
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 05:45 AM   #300
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
What does this have to do with the fact that most vegetables are much more pleasant to eat cooked than raw, and that many must be cooked to remove toxins?
My intuition tells me that in there can be 2 variants.
1 Eating this kind of raw food with toxins gives training of immune system.
2 If it is impossible a man have not eat this kind of product in every form.
Strong pleasure from every meal is the same that the strong pleasure from alcohol and drugs and of course it gives the strong sufferings of the man can't get them.
The Opium wars, the wars for salt, spices, tea and coffee - all them are the wars of the drug lords for the drug market.

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
And the fact that meat smells good when its cooking does not make those who like the smell hot food drug addicts. Add 'drug' and 'drug addict' to the list of terms you don't understand.
Unfortunately practically all people today can't understand that they are food addicts and food abuse persons.
The same as alcoholics do not agree in the most cases to recognize that they are ill people food addicts do not want to recognize their illness too.
It seems to me that can't understand what means "food drugs" and "food attractors".
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 05:50 AM   #301
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21,273
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
My intuition tells me that in there can be 2 variants.
1 Eating this kind of raw food with toxins gives training of immune system.
2 If it is impossible a man have not eat this kind of product in every form.
Your intuition tells you to train your immune system by soaking grain to produce fifteen pounds of mash and then eating it uncooked? I hope that your intuition has a sound training in the science of dietetics!
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 06:50 AM   #302
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
You can agree all you like, but you first need to interest at least one scientist in such an investigation. You don't yet seem to have been able to sufficiently interest even your own cousin, who as a doctor ought to be at least slightly intrigued.
It is my great surprise.
My ability to eat only in the 7th Day of every week is the absolutely real fact.
And there is no even one scientist in the world that has the interest about it.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 06:55 AM   #303
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
And you know this how?
I know that The Diet of New Saturday is the great invention and the Great Peristaltic Catharsis is the Great Discovery.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 07:07 AM   #304
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
Your emotional state has little to do with being drunk. However, you are definitely demonstrating that you do not fully understand what processes your body is undergoing during your fast if you are incorrectily conflating the sense of dissociation and light-headedness caused by your body consuming itself with the process of fermentation.

I will not dispute this. Those feelings are not caused by your body creating alcohol.

Doubtful. Your feelings are not fact.
Please don't forget that my diet is the real fact and I am not refuse to be searched by scientists.
Today I have the real fact of "to eat only in the 7th Day my lifestyle" and my creative introspection into myself.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th January 2015, 07:23 AM   #305
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,647
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
I know that The Diet of New Saturday is the great invention and the Great Peristaltic Catharsis is the Great Discovery.
And I know, based on scientific evidence, that you are wrong.

__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 06:12 AM   #306
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
It is my great surprise.
My ability to eat only in the 7th Day of every week is the absolutely real fact.
And there is no even one scientist in the world that has the interest about it.
And you would agree to be monitored constantly for those six days to make sure you weren't cheating?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 06:19 AM   #307
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by jt512 View Post
I'm surprised that, as skeptics, no one seems to have asked the most basic skeptical question of all: Is this guy really only eating one day a week? I find his claim to be implausible.
I think that people simply believe me, because I have told many details about my experiment and because I am every time ready to be checked.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 06:23 AM   #308
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by alexi_drago View Post
And walks not less than 15 miles each day.

I think I would take a small amount of sodium chloride with this diet.
Why you need sodium chloride?
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 06:28 AM   #309
commandlinegamer
Philosopher
 
commandlinegamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mazes of Menace
Posts: 8,567
This thread is really a Burma Shave commercial, isn't it?
__________________
He bade me take any rug in the house.
commandlinegamer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 06:38 AM   #310
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
You'll need a large amount. The diet consists mainly of grain soaked in "raw" water, forming fifteen pounds of mash which is then, as far as I can make out, consumed uncooked. I'm trying in vain to imagine what such a repast must look like on the table, if indeed a table, and not a trough, is used. In addition to this, a further five pounds weight of cooked chicken, roots and salad is devoured.

If the consumption of this meal was on YouTube it would go viral.
The weight of my 7th Day meal is 28 lb.
But there is 13 lb of water inside it.
I eat usually 7 times in the 7th Day.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 06:44 AM   #311
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Forget the "consumption" part. Think what a video of the effects would be . . . or maybe not think about it.
4 lb of food in one time it is not so much and it is not so little of course.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 06:53 AM   #312
Macgyver1968
Philosopher
 
Macgyver1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 5,164
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
That is an example of the silliness of religion. A hundred years ago, my mother, as a child, would earn a penny from her Jewish neighbours for lighting the fire in their home on the Sabbath. Now, if God says, don't kindle a fire on the Sabbath, presumably he doesn't want people to have a fire on the Sabbath. So he can't want them to pay the girl living next door to light the fire. That's silly.
Reminds me of a story from my childhood. There was a Jewish kid about my age that lived in our apt. complex. We would never see him on Saturdays because of the rules of the Sabbath. Which is why I found it most confusing when he showed up at my door one Saturday, asking me to come over.

When I entered his house, the stereo was half-tuned to a radio station and blaring static at full blast. He looked at me and then looked at the stereo, so I walked over and turned it off. Apparently, his two year old brother was messing around with the stereo, and managed to turn it on, and he wasn't allowed to turn it back off...so he came and got me.
__________________
"Fixin' crap that ain't broke."
Macgyver1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 06:56 AM   #313
HighRiser
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: High above Indianapolis
Posts: 1,793
Originally Posted by commandlinegamer View Post
This thread is really a Burma Shave commercial, isn't it?
You eat one day...

Then six you don't...

You are not drug addict...

You are not smoke...

Burma Shave Peristaltic Catharsis
__________________
Congratulations, you have successfully failed to model something that you assert "isn't noticeable". -The Man

Science is not hopelessly hobbled just because it knows the difference between fact and imagination. -JayUtah
HighRiser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 07:19 AM   #314
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21,273
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
Why you need sodium chloride?
That is, common salt. It refers an English language idiom.
Quote:
"take something with a pinch of salt" and "take something with a grain of salt"
Fig. to listen to a story or an explanation with considerable doubt. You must take anything she says with a grain of salt= She doesn't always tell the truth. They took my explanation with a pinch of salt= i was sure they didn't believe me.

Last edited by Craig B; 14th January 2015 at 07:43 AM.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 07:49 AM   #315
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
Your intuition tells you to train your immune system by soaking grain to produce fifteen pounds of mash and then eating it uncooked? I hope that your intuition has a sound training in the science of dietetics!
Your intuition tells you to train your immune system by soaking grain to produce fifteen pounds of mash and then eating it uncooked? I hope that your intuition has a sound training in the science of dietetics
1. About quality of my food.
Try to make a pound of my food and to eat it.
I do not sure that you will see the difference between this grain and boiled one.
2. About quantity of my food.
Please don't forget that I eat this amount of food because I do not eat 6 days a week and eat only in the 7th day.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 08:01 AM   #316
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
And I know, based on scientific evidence, that you are wrong.

Maybe you are a big professor in this topic I do not know.
I know only that my diet and peristaltic catharsis of the 7th Day are absolutely real scientifically important facts that can be easy checked.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 09:45 AM   #317
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,647
Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
Maybe you are a big professor in this topic I do not know.
I know only that my diet and peristaltic catharsis of the 7th Day are absolutely real scientifically important facts that can be easy checked.
I am not a big professor in anything. I am just a small child admiring the emperor's new clothes.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 05:14 AM   #318
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Not so fast. You made specific claims about 500 alkaloids and specific amounts.
Now you say you are willing to be studied to find out what alkaloids are supposedly created?
How did you arrive at the 500 alkaloids number?
Did you find it in a peristaltic catharsis remnant? .
I can say once more.
I have looked the scientific film in YouTube in which professor neurophysiologist Emelianov has told that if the man does not eat more than 12 hours is organism produces alcolids and 500 kinds of opiates. 9.5 months of my diet did not give me the reason not to believe him.
The number of opiates not so interesting as the great positive quality effect they give.

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
That will accomplish nothing. Besides you claim alkaloid production, back it up.
I'm not a chemist.
I'm an engineer - mechanic.
But I think that if you add in a glass of vodka some nitrogen, vodka will not cease to be the alcohol that we can drink.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 05:30 AM   #319
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
If you walk 15 miles a day on average you'll likely burn between 1200 and 1800 calories so I think your claim is unlikely unless....
  • You're a metabolic freak who only requires 1000 calories a day to maintain your current weight - unlikely
  • You actually end up consuming far more than 2500 calories - more likely IMO
  • Your claims regarding eating one day a week and walking 15 miles a day are exaggerated - IMO most likely
Those your doubts are reasonable.
From September 2014 I was not on the streets of Jerusalem and Tel - Aviv.
I hope that in April it will become warm and I will renew my walks - lectures in the streets of Israel.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 05:40 AM   #320
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator
 
Nationalcosmopolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,476
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Menopause ?
If we can prolong the pause between the last meal and the first meal of each week 6 - 18 times why we can't prolong the beginning of Menopause till 100 years old.
Today it looks as fantastic but 10 months ago The Diet of 7th Day looked as fantastic too.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.