ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 15th January 2015, 05:42 AM   #321
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by Nationalcosmopolitan View Post
Who was Einstein?
I think he was a secular person who believed in his God.
My God is the same as God of Einstein.
I think that Einstein was not Non Religious, not Agnostic and not Atheist.
But he was the Secular person.
My response was referring to other major belief and non belief systems.

You said
Quote:
Eating this kind of raw food with toxins gives training of immune system.
Do you mean to say you think after I eat raw chicken enough times I should eventually be immune to salmonella poisoning? Or am I misunderstand you?
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 05:48 AM   #322
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

If we can prolong the pause between the last meal and the first meal of each week 6 - 18 times
We have no evidence other than your assertions that we can. Your claims are very difficult to believe. You may honestly believe that the diet as stated is the diet you follow, you may be exaggerating or you may be flat out lying but in the absence of any reliable evidence, I have to assume that you are not following the diet as stated with the results you claim.

why we can't prolong the beginning of Menopause till 100 years old.
Basic biology - you should study it some time.

Today it looks as fantastic but 10 months ago The Diet of 7th Day looked as fantastic too.
And it is fantastic. Not in a "Wow, that's really interesting" way, but in a "Biologically impossible" way
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 05:56 AM   #323
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Those your doubts are reasonable.
From September 2014 I was not on the streets of Jerusalem and Tel - Aviv.
I hope that in April it will become warm and I will renew my walks - lectures in the streets of Israel.
You give lectures about God-inspired defecation of many kilos of faeces and urine on the Sabbath, to people you meet in the streets of Jerusalem?

Please tell me you do not wear the illustrated headgear while you are expounding these ideas in the streets of Jerusalem.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 06:47 AM   #324
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Your claim was that life expectancy hadn't increased in the last 10-15 years.
You are right.
I had feelings without exact information that last 15 years the increasing of life expectancy in developed countries goes not so good as it was 15 30 years ago.
Graphs on the right column that you gave me has confirmed this feeling only in the cases of last 5 years.
Unfortunately we have no the list of slower in percents of life increasing expectations in developed countries for the last 15 years.
I would not expect much increase in just 5 years, especially when the figure is rounded to the nearest year (bear in mind that an increase from say 79.6 to 80.4 would not be visible as both figures would be rounded to 80).
Do you agree that the increasing of the life expectancy in most developed countries goes slower and slower for the last 15 years?

Having said that I've checked the first five of your listed countries and all but one show an increase in the last 5 years for which figures are available:

Austria: 80 in 2007, 81 in 2012

Belgium: 80 in 2007, 80 in 2012

Finland: 79 in 2007, 81 in 2012

Germany: 80 in 2007, 81 in 2012

Hong Kong SAR: 82 in 2007, 83 in 2012
I have the doubt about Hong Kong SAR statistic.
Too good compare the other countries from this list with very good medicine.

What this table proves is that your guess that life expectancy has stopped increasing is as completely and utterly wrong as all your other uninformed guesses.
Graph in the right column near many of high developed countries.
It proofs that the life expectancy their or stop to increase, or has a trend to increase slower and slower.
It is interesting that I do not no any article about this sign of great crises in medicine that I can predict.
ETA: For most people eating tasty meals is one of the great pleasures of life. A diet which requires that meals be made as unappetising as possible is never going to catch on.
"The Relativistic Law" of my diet tells that after 6 days without food a man has the wolfish appetite and the simple dishes will become 10 times more appetizing than all others from ordinary life.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 07:04 AM   #325
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by commandlinegamer View Post
Sure, a good dump can be satisfying, but I'm not convinced saving it up for a once-a-week evacuation turns it into some kind of mystical experience.
I'll be say the existential experience.
It is the sort of experiences that Nicshe said: You have survived. It means that you have become stronger.
This feeling of becoming every week more and more stronger is with me for 9.5 months.
Nationalcosmopolitan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 07:07 AM   #326
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

So why wait the six days? If you're hungry you should eat. Eat sensibly and get some exercise in but there's no reason to suffer and deny yourself food when you're hungry. If you're just going to eat food that's not very good when you're that hungry, eat better food more often, say three times a day.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 07:09 AM   #327
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'll be say the existential experience.
It is the sort of experiences that Nicshe said: You have survived. It means that you have become stronger.
This feeling of becoming every week more and more stronger is with me for 9.5 months.
But you haven't been eating only on the Saturdays for nine months.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 07:47 AM   #328
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
There is already a thread on intermittent fasting. As someone who has tried it intermittently (so intermittent intermittent fasting if you will) I observe that it can contribute to weight loss if you can bear to stick with it but no more so than excluding 4,000 - 5,000 calories a week by other means. Personally I found the fast days unpleasant because I'm habituated to regular meals (2 or 3 a day).
What about to try just the first step of my diet - to eat as much as possible once a day without intention to increase or to lose the weight?
My next door neighbour has stuck with it for 3 years now. After an initial 6kg weight loss his weight has stabilised so he is now overweight rather than obese. He hasn't observed the changes in blood pressure and IGF that others have reported.
The medical fasting does not recommend to diabetic and cancers having persons.
Till we have no the deep scientific research let us think that my diet does not recommended for all those persons that ave no right to use the medical fasting.

Neither of us can comment on the effect on longevity because neither of us are dead yet
But scientists may research this question on mices.
But you claim to walk over 100 miles a week which would burn at least 10000 calories, something doesn't add up.
I am a very lazy man that does not go in for sport, but I want to ask you.
If I will run the marathon distance without any trainings, will this fact proof you something?
Old 15th January 2015, 07:50 AM   #329
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

You are right.
I had feelings without exact information that last 15 years the increasing of life expectancy in developed countries goes not so good as it was 15 30 years ago.
As I recall you claimed it wasn't rising at all, not that it wasn't rising so fast. You were wrong on both counts: it is rising, and at a fairly steady rate.

Quote:
Graphs on the right column that you gave me has confirmed this feeling only in the cases of last 5 years.
The data does not confirm your feeling.

Quote:
Unfortunately we have no the list of slower in percents of life increasing expectations in developed countries for the last 15 years.
Wrong again. The table gives life expectancy figures since 1980, and other pages gives graphs of life expectancy for each country since 1995.

Quote:
Do you agree that the increasing of the life expectancy in most developed countries goes slower and slower for the last 15 years?
No, the data shows a fairly steady rate of increase.

Click on the name of a country and you'll get lots of data, including a graph of life expectancy since 1995. I looked at Austria, Australia, Belgium, Finland, France and the UK. All show a fairly steady rate of increase in life expectancy over the last 20 years.

ETA the link for the UK's page: http://data.worldbank.org/country/united-kingdom

which actually shows a slight uptick in the last few years.

Last edited by Pixel42; 15th January 2015 at 07:53 AM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 08:09 AM   #330
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
First, on what science do you base your contention that the "alkaloids and Opiates" produced by your body as a result of your fasting are actually alkaloids and opiates;
Second, on what science do you base your contention that said substances are "good for health;" and
When will you have these substances catalogued by actual doctors and scientists, or is it your intent to make claims in hopes of convincing some other person to be the guinea pig?

I can say once more.
I have looked the scientific film in YouTube in which the professor neurophysiologist Emelianov has told that if the man does not eat more than 12 hours his organism produces alkaloids and 500 kinds of opiates.
9.5 months of my diet did not give me the reason not to believe him.
The number of opiates do not so interesting as the great positive quality effect they give.
If scientists will be interested abot my "to eat only in the 7th Day lifestyle" I agree to become the object of their researches.

Last edited by Nationalcosmopolitan; 15th January 2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 15th January 2015, 08:21 AM   #331
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I can say once more.
I have looked the scientific film in YouTube in which the professor neurophysiologist Emelianov has told that if the man does not eat more than 12 hours his organism produces alkaloids and 500 kinds of opiates.
9.5 months of my diet did not give me the reason not to believe him.
The number of opiates do not so interesting as the great positive quality effect they give.
If scientists will be interested abot my "to eat only in the 7th Day lifestyle" I agree to become the object of their researches.
You'd need to first actually do what you claim you are doing.
Old 15th January 2015, 08:31 AM   #332
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by alexi_drago View Post
Glass! I'm not surprised your dishes became not tasty.
You are right.
Glas is too much even for the "To eat only in the 7th Day lifestyle".
I have meant may be the beet.
Old 15th January 2015, 08:37 AM   #333
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I am a very lazy man that does not go in for sport, but I want to ask you.
If I will run the marathon distance without any trainings, will this fact proof you something?
Frankly I have no interest in whether you run marathons or not, I was just examining your claim to walk over 100 miles a week and only consume 7,000 calories a week (and those in a single day)

Now you've said that you haven't been walking since autumn last year. You really need to keep you story straight.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 08:51 AM   #334
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
No, none of that is a logical reason to only eat on one in ever seven days. For starters, "creation" (we'll set aside that term for now) took billions of years, about 14.5 billion. Even if the number seven had something to do with "creation" that in no way causes a logical leap to you should only eat on one in seven days.

I honestly don't believe you when you say you only eat on one in seven days.
Look please.
Unfortunately we can't check God did HE really has breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper every from the 6 Days of World Creation or only in the 7th Day of HIS Great Sabbath.
I believe that God did not eat 6 Days of Creation.
If it is so easy for me, for HIM it is not a problem at all.

So we can't check God but we can check me.
Old 15th January 2015, 08:57 AM   #335
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Me too. Not even close. The numbers related to his diet that he's posted don't make sense at all. Maybe this thread ought to be in humor.
Example of one number without simple sense please.
Old 15th January 2015, 09:19 AM   #336
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Look please.
Unfortunately we can't check God did HE really has breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper every from the 6 Days of World Creation or only in the 7th Day of HIS Great Sabbath.

There are no six days of creation. "Creation" has taken 14.5 billion years and continues. The number six has no more significance than any other number in how we ended here, on this planet at this time.

We also can't check you because you're not actually doing what you say you are.

Last edited by Craig4; 15th January 2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 15th January 2015, 09:23 AM   #337
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Example of one number without simple sense please.
Here are a couple:

You claim to only consume 7,000 calories a week, in a single day, and yet maintain a weight of 137 lbs. Unless you are extraordinary metabolically, your energy requirements even if you do nothing at all are far in excess of that.

You claim to be able to eat 28 lbs of food in a single day (if I recall it's 7 meals each of 4 lbs). I think even a top class competitive eater would have difficulty consuming that much in a single day, particularly the unappetising mash that you claim to eat.
Old 15th January 2015, 10:43 AM   #338
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Look please.

How many kilograms of faeces and urine did God excrete on these days? I think that the Torah is silent on this point.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 10:54 AM   #339
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

If your god eats at all you have a really major theological problem.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 11:25 AM   #340
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
If your god eats at all you have a really major theological problem.
He "smells". Is that a problem?
Quote:
And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the LORD smelled A SWEET SAVOUR; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth.
The arrangement was: people brought animals for sacrifice. God got the smell. The priests got the meat. Good deal!
Old 15th January 2015, 12:52 PM   #341
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Those your doubts are reasonable.
From September 2014 I was not on the streets of Jerusalem and Tel - Aviv.
I hope that in April it will become warm and I will renew my walks - lectures in the streets of Israel.
Warm?
Where I live the winter temperature goes regularly to -20 C and very often well below that. Yet there are people who manage to walk to work or jog for health benefits, not to mention outdoor ice rinks for skating or those who go skiing.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 01:04 PM   #342
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I can say once more.
I have looked the scientific film in YouTube in which professor neurophysiologist Emelianov has told that if the man does not eat more than 12 hours is organism produces alcolids and 500 kinds of opiates. 9.5 months of my diet did not give me the reason not to believe him.
The number of opiates not so interesting as the great positive quality effect.
I searched the thread but cannot find the link to this scientific video on YouTube. If you posted it please do so again or give the post number in which you gave it to us the first time.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 02:09 PM   #343
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
How many kilograms of faeces and urine did God excrete on these days? I think that the Torah is silent on this point.
Just one giant turd coated in urine, We know it today as religion.

I still want to know if he thinks eating raw chicken will eventually give me an immunity to salmonella.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 15th January 2015 at 02:11 PM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 02:29 PM   #344
Border Reiver
Philosopher

The only Professor Emelianov, neurophysiologist that I found any reference to studies the use of ultrasound and acoustics - not diet and pharmacology
Old 15th January 2015, 02:57 PM   #345
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

This is all I found searching

neurophysiology starvation

https://prezi.com/naq6zz72meo3/neurophysiology/
Old 15th January 2015, 03:09 PM   #346
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Searching

pharmacology of starvation Emelianov

And specifying videos, all I get are references to The Hunger Games.
Old 15th January 2015, 06:47 PM   #347
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Eating 3x/day is a needles habit, we can get out of it.

For about a year I ate one low carb meal per day. A chunk of meat and some veggies. Ta6at and busting my ass like farmers used to, or a Seal Team recruit in Hell Week, I lost 60 pounds in 90 days.

I suspect that eating 5,000 calories at one sitting, every other day, would have it's benefits. Ketotic every other day would drop LDL like a rock, and HDL would soar like an eagle.

I can beleive the fasting for six days, but I just can't believe anybody that claims to eat 28 pounds of food in one day, and digest/absorb it. The human pancreas does have it's limits, as does the intestines. Plus, so much depends on the internal biota, and that takes time to ferment, not just volume.

I'm a big Lithuanian, 6'3" 275#, and I bet I could eat five pounds of potatoes in a day. And when I was working for a living as a wood carver, I ate 6-7,000 calories per. But not 20 pounds of potatoes, plus a ten pound ham.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 07:59 PM   #348
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Searching

pharmacology of starvation Emelianov

And specifying videos, all I get are references to The Hunger Games.
Oh, no, say it ain't so...untruth has crept into this thread? Egad.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th January 2015, 01:51 AM   #349
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
I can beleive the fasting for six days
I can believe it as a one-off or once in a while thing - I cannot believe it as an ongoing lifestyle.
Old 16th January 2015, 02:07 AM   #350
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

This is all I found searching

neurophysiology starvation

https://prezi.com/naq6zz72meo3/neurophysiology/
The website I sent him to earlier lists loads of research into the effects of fasting, these 3 papers seem the most relevant:

http://www.anti-aging-guide.com/33cognitive.php#5

Quote:

Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1995 Feb 6;207(1):312-7.
Modulation of endogenous opiate production: effect of fasting.
Molina PE; Hashiguchi Y; Meijerink WJ; Naukam RJ; Boxer R; Abumrad NN
Department of Surgery, SUNY, School of Medicine, Stony Brook 11794-8191.

The endogenous opiate alkaloid content in tissues from fed, 24 h and 48 h fasted rats was determined. Plasma morphine and codeine concentrations did not change in response to fasting. Morphine levels in the spleen increased 3-fold after 24 h of fasting and were lower than fed rats by 48 h of fasting; no change was detected in spleen codeine levels. Brain morphine levels were elevated 5-fold after 24 h of fasting and were two-fold higher than those of fed rats after 48 h of fasting. Brain codeine levels did not change with fasting. These results indicate that opiate alkaloids are endogenously produced in rodent tissues, particularly in the spleen, liver, and adrenals. The synthesis of morphine, in the spleen and brain, is maximally stimulated after 24 h of fasting, without alterations in tissue codeine synthesis. These suggest differential regulation of the endogenous synthetic pathways of morphine and codeine in response to the stress of fasting.
Quote:

J Pharmacol Exp Ther 1991 May;257(2):647-50.
Changes of endogenous morphine and codeine contents in the fasting rat.
Lee CS; Spector S.
Department of Neurosciences, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, New Jersey.

The alteration of endogenous opiate alkaloids during fasting state was investigated in rats. The concentrations of morphine and codeine in the cortex, midbrain, pons plus medulla, cerebellum, adrenal gland and pancreas were measured using radioimmunoassay for the opiates following high pressure liquid chromatography. The morphine and codeine contents of fasting rats showed maximum elevated levels in cortex, pons plus medulla and pancreas after 2 days of fasting, but after 1 day in midbrain. The opiate content of the cerebellum showed a tendency for a continuous increase during the 4 days. Adrenal glands of fasting rats had elevated levels at days 3 and 4, although there were great fluctuations within the groups.
Quote:

Horm Res 1990;33(6):239-43.
Plasma beta-endorphin during fasting in man.
Komaki G; Tamai H; Sumioki H; Mori T; Kobayashi N; Mori K; Mori S; Nakagawa T.
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.

To identify the effects of acute starvation on endogenous opioids in man, plasma beta-endorphin (beta-EP) was measured in 17 patients before, during and after fasting (Komaki, G. et. al. 1990). Patients were assigned a posteriori into two groups: group A, comprised of 11 patients able to tolerate 5-7 days of fasting, and group B, comprised of 6 patients able to tolerate 10 days of fasting. Changes in plasma beta-EP, serum cortisol, circulating nutritional markers, and their relative levels were assessed on the 5th and 10th days of fasting, and on the 5th and 10th days of the refeeding period. Beta-EP had increased by the 5th day (group A: 4.74 +/- 0.42 to 6.91 +/- 0.65 pmol/l, p less than 0.01; group B: 3.60 +/- 0.48 to 5.14 +/- 0.22 pmol/l, p less than 0.05, and remained at 5.05 +/- 0.65 pmol/l on the 10th day (group B: 0.05 less than p less than 0.1) during fasting. Group B had lower levels of plasma beta-EP on the 5th day of fasting than group A (p less than 0.05). However, serum cortisol levels changed similarly in both groups. Plasma beta-EP showed no significant correlation with either the percentage of body weight lost or the body mass index (kg/m2) over this study period. These findings indicate that plasma beta-EP is elevated in the early phase of fasting, while not directly being associated with body weight changes. Plasma beta-EP is lower and less activated in subjects who are able to tolerate fasting for longer periods.
So it looks like there is an effect, but nothing approaching what the OP is claiming.
Old 16th January 2015, 04:08 AM   #351
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
I'm a big Lithuanian, 6'3" 275#, and I bet I could eat five pounds of potatoes in a day.
I'm sure you could. The - almost incredible but amply testified - potato consumption of Irish labourers prior to the famine of the 1840s was well over double that amount
Quote:
Consumption of an adult male
Connell reviews much of the evidence reagrding pre-famine human consumption of the potato and concludes:
Perhaps if we take 10 pounds a day as the average potato-consumption of the adult man from the 1780s to the famine we shall approach the real position as closely as our information permits: it is evident, however, that any such figure acquires its convenience at the cost of neglecting both any tendency there was for consumption per head to increase, and the undoubtedly wide regional differences.

Dowdall in his contemporary analysis sets the consumption of a potato-fed adult male in the 1840s at 14 lbs a day. In so far as there is any disagreement between the two conclusions, the weight of authoritative opinion favours the higher figure for the years immediately preceding the famine.
Of course the Irish labourer consumed little or nothing else except perhaps some buttermilk.

Last edited by Craig B; 16th January 2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 19th January 2015, 03:28 AM   #352
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

NationalCosmopolitan, you have yet to address these questions even though they have been asked on several occasions by multiple posters here.

Either admit you made up the idea of 500 alkaloids/opiates, or back it up with evidence other than your personal feeling that it is correct.
Your willingness or unwillingness to submit to testing is not relevant. You MADE a claim of fact.
I MADE just 2 main claims of facts in this thread that for about last 4 months I usually live in "To eat only in the 7th Day lifestyle" and that this gives me the Peristaltic Catharsis of the 7th Day.
5 steps as I have come to this ability are the claims of facts too.
The ability of my diet to heal people from overweight and all illnesses that it brings and from alcoholism and drug addictions today looks as my hypothesis that base on my real 10 months experiences on myself.
Old 19th January 2015, 03:38 AM   #353
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
That is an example of the silliness of religion. A hundred years ago, my mother, as a child, would earn a penny from her Jewish neighbours for lighting the fire in their home on the Sabbath. Now, if God says, don't kindle a fire on the Sabbath, presumably he doesn't want people to have a fire on the Sabbath. So he can't want them to pay the girl living next door to light the fire. That's silly.
The 7th Day of this girl is Sunday and not Saturday.
So she can earn her money without problems.
All what I wanted to say that my discovery - The Peristaltic Catharsis for the 7th Day in not forbidden to every person of "To eat only in the 7th Days lifestyle".
Old 19th January 2015, 03:46 AM   #354
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Lobotomy's are expensive these days, he might not go for it.
To reach the creative and spiritual enlightenment the man need not make any lobotomies.
He just need to eat only in 7th Day of each week as much as he can.
It is not expensive.
It will cost about $20 a week.
Old 19th January 2015, 04:05 AM   #355
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

The 7th Day of this girl is Sunday and not Saturday.
So she can earn her money without problems.
It is not her problems to which I refer. Her neighbours paid her a penny to kindle their fire on Saturday. Why? Because they could not do it themselves. Why not? Because they believed that God had forbidden it. Very well: if God says, "Don't have a fire on the Sabbath", then they ought not to have a fire. Very good. But what do they, and others of their co-religionists, do? They find someone who has a different Sabbath, and no rules forbidding lighting fires, and pay that person to light their fire.

Does God want this? That seems very silly. "Don't have a fire but get someone else to kindle a fire." If God really says that, he's silly. If it is simply the worshippers of God who say that, they're silly, and if the religion permits it, the religion is silly.

All religions are silly, of course. The Abrahamic ones and Buddhism are all full of silliness, in different ways.
Old 19th January 2015, 05:33 AM   #356
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

You're welcome. It wasn't hard to find.

Have you looked through the scientific research on the effects of fasting yet? Some of it is relevant to the claims you've made, e.g. about the amount of opiates produced.
The material you have given tell about amounts of kcal the person eat for week in so called "Cascade Fasting" were the days of fasting are equal the days of recovery.
In one system the man eat 7000 kcal in a week and in the other 10200 kcal in a week.
It correlated well with my 8000 - 9000 kcal in my Saturday eating.
Nothing about amounts of alkaloids and opiates except I already have told I did not see.
It looks strange because surely when the man do not eat nothing for some weeks of his medical fasting his organism produces opiates and alkaloids of course.
No. I've done the intermittent fasting diet a couple of times to lose weight put on during holidays or over Christmas (in fact I'm about to do so again now) but that's as far as I'm prepared to go. Even if the reward is indeed a few more years of life (and the evidence for that, whilst growing, is not yet compelling) the cost is too high for me personally.
If you have some important from your values that you have reached very easy in all row of your values, all steps of my diet can be among them.
You do not want to put attention on my key word "EASY".
The existence of the web site suggests there are already some people for whom the reward of a few more years is worth the price of sticking to this diet, but my impression from a documentary I once saw on the subject was that it isn't a large number. I suspect that few, if any, of that small number would be prepared to adopt your much more challenging regime, but they're certainly the first people you should try to convince. I was going to suggest you join the discussion forum linked to at the site I already found for you but it doesn't appear to be working at the moment. Googling found this one, which seems to be quite active:

http://forum.fitnessthroughfasting.com/
Thanks!
I'll try.
But my experience to speak with that sort of people unfortunately tells me that they don't like to make creative discussions about this thread.
May be because it is too existential for them.
Old 19th January 2015, 06:02 AM   #357
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

The material you have given tell about amounts of kcal the person eat for week in so called "Cascade Fasting" were the days of fasting are equal the days of recovery.
In one system the man eat 7000 kcal in a week and in the other 10200 kcal in a week.
It correlated well with my 8000 - 9000 kcal in my Saturday eating.
Nothing about amounts of alkaloids and opiates except I already have told I did not see.
The site lists several studies which looked into the results of fasting on the production of alkaloids and opiates. I posted their abstracts upthread. Clearly you have not bothered to look at any of the scientific research into fasting which the authors of that site have taken the trouble to collect.
Old 19th January 2015, 06:50 AM   #358
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Can you show your math? Just making up a probability for something is not going to fly around here.
On Saturday I eat about 8000 – 9000 kcal of food for about last 4 months.
My minimum weight was not less than 152 lb.
As usual my minimum weight on Friday is 156 lb.
My minimal normal weight is 137 lb.
Will it be less if I'll eat 7000 kcal in Saturday?
My 10 months experience tell me that not.
The net is loaded with false information.
If a man has his own experience in some area it is not so easy to make him to believe in false information.

There is no law of conservation of material wealth or health, the very idea of it is nonsense. The amounts of wealth and health both vary over time for any group of any number of people from an individual to the entire human race. If your house burns down, a new one does not appear somewhere else on earth. If you get sick, someone else doesn't magically become healthy.

There is also no law of conservation of knowledge, knowledge is lost every day.
It seems to me that the law of energy conservation you understand very well.
Why you can't understand that the law for example of dollars conservation in the world finance system works in the same way?
Christ gave one bread to 1000 people and they became fed.
We can't do this thing with bread but we can do this thing with very needful information as information about my diet.
Old 19th January 2015, 09:53 AM   #359
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

On It seems to me that the law of energy conservation you understand very well.
Why you can't understand that the law for example of dollars conservation in the world finance system works in the same way?
Christ gave one bread to 1000 people and they became fed.
We can't do this thing with bread but we can do this thing with very needful information as information about my diet.
There's a Law of Conservation of Dollars? And a Law of Conservation of Needful Information About Your Diet? But no Law of Conservation of Bread? This is all very difficult, to understand these natural laws you've discovered.
Old 20th January 2015, 04:11 AM   #360
Nationalcosmopolitan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
Reminds me of a story from my childhood. There was a Jewish kid about my age that lived in our apt. complex. We would never see him on Saturdays because of the rules of the Sabbath. Which is why I found it most confusing when he showed up at my door one Saturday, asking me to come over.

When I entered his house, the stereo was half-tuned to a radio station and blaring static at full blast. He looked at me and then looked at the stereo, so I walked over and turned it off. Apparently, his two year old brother was messing around with the stereo, and managed to turn it on, and he wasn't allowed to turn it back off...so he came and got me.
It is so because religious jews want to build the alternative between 7th Holy Day and each of 6 ordinary working days as much as possible.
When the man will eat only in the 7th Holy Day and in the 6 ordinary days will not eat at all the alternative between those days will be THE GREAT.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal