ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , telepathy test

Old 13th September 2016, 03:05 AM   #1
Michel H
Graduate Poster

New telepathy test, the sequel.

Mod InfoThis is a continuation of original New Telepathy Test thread found here. Please share and enjoy.
Posted By:jsfisher

I have done tests also on two other websites or forums, in parallel with this one, with the same target word (plane).

On the skeptiko forum (link), I posted a poll, just one person voted, and chose (correctly) plane.

On Yahoo Answers (link), I got two non-credible answers, which were both incorrect, in full agreement with the general observation (or tendency).

Shortly after I posted the results, another member (savannah) added a new answer, she said:
Quote:
I read the first sentence and thought plane lmao people need to realize that telepathy isn't something you can learn...
(I believe "Imao" means "In my arrogant opinion")

Last edited by Loss Leader; 13th October 2017 at 10:02 AM.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 03:26 AM   #2
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

"People need to realize that telepathy isn't something". Makes much more sense now.
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 03:46 AM   #3
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Michel H View Post
Let us assume somebody had answered "I answer plane, just because this is the word that I like best, among the four possible answers (automobile, boat, plane and submarine)."

Would you agree that such an answer would not have been credible, in a telepathy test, regardless of whether or not "the telepathic guy from Belgium" wrote "plane" on his paper?
If they answer 'plane' then that's their answer. What grounds might you have for ignoring it, particularly since you don't really know what effect you're testing for anyway?

I know that you have a firm conviction that you broadcast your thoughts but you have no clue how anyone else might perceive them. (The realistic answer of course is that they don't because you only imagine you broadcast your thoughts, but let's play along with the hypothetical for a moment.) If people really did receive your thoughts then you couldn't tell if they hear them clearly like a voice in their ear or see the word in neon lights in the sky or if it's something more nebulous like their suddenly just thinking of the word or just getting the sensation of a word being significant for some unknown reason.

If, hypothetically, you had the power to make people all over the world think that 'plane' was the word they like the best then that is what you should test for. You can't reject answers even if people give seemingly silly reasons for choosing them, because you have no way to tell if it was your psychic powers which made them do that.

Discarding answers because of credibility rules you make up based on who-knows-what personal biases would never allow you to detect telepathic abilities even if they existed.

As I've mentioned before, everyone who has ever tried rigorously to detect telepathy has failed to find it. So if the effect exists at all, we can already say that is so weak that you would need a very large and rigorous experiment to detect the statistical signal within the noise. Getting a handful of responses to a multiple choice test and then throwing some away because of your personal bias is not a suitable test of anything.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 03:46 AM   #4
Daylightstar
Philosopher

New telepathy test, the sequel.

The characters are in lower case, the first is not an "i" but an "l", which stands for "laughing".

You know this, you also know the meaning of the other characters

Last edited by Loss Leader; 13th October 2017 at 10:02 AM.
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 03:49 AM   #5
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

You are mistaken. LMAO (whether capitalised or not) means "Laughing my ass off" and is merely an expression of amusement at the antics of others.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 04:42 AM   #6
MetalPig
Master Poster

My favorite random numbers are 5, 42 and 1000. Do I win?
Old 13th September 2016, 05:40 AM   #7
The Sparrow
Graduate Poster

I admit I joined this thread late, but this is brilliant woo peddling.

So basically you are saying

1. Those who give me answers that support the idea I am thought projecting are sincere
2. Those who give me answers contrary to the idea I am thought projecting are insincere (lying)
3. If I consider only the sincere answers, then statistically it is proven I can thought project.
4. Therefore, it is true that I can thought project

Do you not see a problem with this?
The Sparrow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 05:43 AM   #8
The Sparrow
Graduate Poster

1. Those who give me answers that support the idea I am thought projecting are sincere
2. Those who give me answers contrary to the idea I am thought projecting are insincere (lying)
3. If I consider only the sincere answers, then statistically it is proven I can thought project.

The Sparrow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 12:47 PM   #9
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by The Sparrow View Post

No and furthermore because your list is numbered 1,2,34 he will twist and contort that into his delusions.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 04:00 PM   #10
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
No and furthermore because your list is numbered 1,2,34 he will twist and contort that into his delusions.
From one of Michel's very early 1 - 4 "pick a number" posts, I made four posts in a row, selecting 1, 2, 3, 4. Michel later claimed that my post was proof that he was telepathic, totally ignoring the fact that he selected the one of four posts with the correct number and ignored the other three completely.

I have not posted at all on his recent attempts but I could not resist replying to his latest utter failure to even conjure evidence for his belief out of nowhere.

See you in a couple of Months Michel, when once again you will start a new thread, and it will be Merged into this one.

Why you even waste Mod's time by starting new threads that have to be moved is beyond me. Just start the new one here, on this very thread that is totally devoted to you. (I am sure that the ONJ reference will spark something inside you that suggests that somehow I am hearing something from you.

Here are five words:

Titanic
Leon
GeelongMercedesSmith

These words popped into my head while I was composing this response. I am certain that you will claim credit for putting them there, because it is what you do.

I apologise to other members for posting on this thread after I promised many months ago to never do so again, but sometimes you gotta do wot ya gotta do.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 05:27 PM   #11
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
From one of Michel's very early 1 - 4 "pick a number" posts, I made four posts in a row, selecting 1, 2, 3, 4. Michel later claimed that my post was proof that he was telepathic, totally ignoring the fact that he selected the one of four posts with the correct number and ignored the other three completely.
In my second test on this forum (back in 2013, 3 years ago), you replied successively:
Since this is Friday (6 letters), and I'm watching Oliver on Television (6 letters) and it is around 1:30PM (1+3=4) the answer is obviously 1 as 1 is not a multiple of quirty.

Norm
and then, in rapid succession:
In the spirit of the OP, I will now give my honest answer

Norm

Norm

Norm

Norm
Which of these five answers should I have used for my analysis, do you think?
The last one? (this is what I usually do, assuming that people are constantly trying to improve their answer(s)), or the first one? (adopting the point of view that giving the four possible answers in rapid succession is a joke, rather than a serious answer), or perhaps both the first one and the last one? or something else? (please specify).
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 06:53 PM   #12
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Here is my Telepathy Test:

Below are 100 words. I will randomly select a word and tell Michel what that word is via PM. He will circle that word 4 times and stare at it. I will invite responses.

Here are the 100 words, in groups of 5x2:

kneecap furious partner absolve canter
because december bridge banana dissolve

wander petunia echo zombie gigantic
archer binary charter elongated disruptive

foghorn gaggle history individual joinery
kindly latitude mandate nobody opera

platform quorum rattle statue tabernacle
uncle vibration watercress yearning zither

apricot baffle cabbage debated everywhere
flightless gateway hardly iconic jester

knowledge lovely missile noticed optimism
percolate quantity reversal substitute throbbing

unconscious vertigo whaling yesterday zygote
adversary barricade capable decking envelope

foccacia generator hoping imaginary jelly
kingdom lacerate morbidly nagging opposite

pardon quince ruminate sandstone toffee
universal vermilion workmanship yacht zoology

alphabet beneath challenger cardinal deliberate
fulminate gathering haberdashery paperless attachment

Next step is to choose a word at random.

But first: So far so good?
Old 13th September 2016, 07:15 PM   #13
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post

Below are 100 words. I will randomly select a word and tell Michel what that word is via PM. He will circle that word 4 times and stare at it. I will invite responses.

Not sure about that.
I have already done a test with a fairly large number of choices (10) on this forum: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7#post10051707 , but I was not very happy with the results.
Old 13th September 2016, 08:02 PM   #14
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Not sure about that.
I have already done a test with a fairly large number of choices (10) on this forum: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7#post10051707 , but I was not very happy with the results.
Which translates into failure, It showed you that NO ONE is able to hear your voices, You failed.

Hence you made future tests a 1 in 4 chance.

When that failed because of all the "wrong" answers you then instituted a "credibility" factor so you could cherry pick the results.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 08:19 PM   #15
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Not sure about that.
Results are results. Your happiness with the data is an emotional response, not an evaluation of the results' integrity.

I've offered a complete mechanism for evaluating your claim, that removes the subjective element.

We can run the same test several times using different words each times.

Should your claim be valid, a repeated clustering of responses on the selected word should occur.

If that doesn't happen well, sadly, your perception of having psychic powers is not supported by the evidence and you'll need to develop and alternative hypothesis.

So, when do we start?
Old 13th September 2016, 08:34 PM   #16
fromdownunder
Philosopher

In my second test on this forum (back in 2013, 3 years ago), you replied successively:

and then, in rapid succession:

Which of these five answers should I have used for my analysis, do you think?
The last one? (this is what I usually do, assuming that people are constantly trying to improve their answer(s)), or the first one? (adopting the point of view that giving the four possible answers in rapid succession is a joke, rather than a serious answer), or perhaps both the first one and the last one? or something else? (please specify).
How about "none of the above"? Since, as we have now discovered, you have no understanding of humour, sarcasm, or straight out setting you up for a fall, pretty much everybody here has given up on ever expecting you to understand that your so called telepathy is a complete joke, and that you should genuinely stop. Just stop!

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2016, 09:05 PM   #17
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Random word sent to Michel H via PM.
Old 13th September 2016, 11:15 PM   #18
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Waste of time.

Any response or result, whether positive or negative, will be twisted and turned by Michel into a result supporting his belief that he is telepathic. This is what has always happened before.

Just as he is unable to understand sarcasm or obvious joking (better to say--he recognizes what to everybody else looks like sarcarsm or joking, but he finds reasons why to him it's actually not sarcasm or joking), he will be unable to accept a test that fails to support what he already believes.

Last edited by AdMan; 13th September 2016 at 11:38 PM.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2016, 07:31 AM   #19
Wolrab
Illuminator

Sadly this makes more sense than many of the OPs responses.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2016, 07:52 AM   #20
p0lka
Muse

missile.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 06:58 AM   #21
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by The Sparrow View Post

You are asking Micheal to understand the flaw in his testing.

Old 15th September 2016, 02:26 PM   #22
p0lka
Muse

yes.

yes,
I choose
Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
missile.
missile.

It is a good test Michel H, think..

Last edited by p0lka; 15th September 2016 at 02:38 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 02:59 PM   #23
Kid Eager
Philosopher

I am waiting for Michel H to confirm readiness to start. So far, despite several visits to this thread since notification of the random word, he has not yet responded.
Old 15th September 2016, 03:48 PM   #24
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
You are asking Micheal to understand the flaw in his testing.

Sure. But can Michel see that flaw?

I propose not. The evidence we all have to hand suggests* not.

How many time must we state this? In how many ways?

*I say "suggests" but it is plain to anyone. Except Michel. He remains convinced that all of us are lying about it. Go figure.
Old 15th September 2016, 05:14 PM   #25
Michel H
Graduate Poster

There are perhaps a few things I should explain (again?) about my methodology for testing.

(1) Why is the number of possibilities people can choose from so small (typically 4) in the multiple-choice test?
This seems to exasperate many skeptics. The reason is probably psychological, the goal of many posters here is probably to try to perpetuate the situation of collective lie with respect to my (apparent) telepathy, so learning there is a 25% probability to answer correctly (even when no telepathy is involved at all) already does make many people here very nervous. When there are 100 choices, the possibility of answering correctly seems more remote, and this sounds reassuring to many.

I believe it is important to (generally) keep the number of options relatively small because I have pragmatically observed that these tests give the best results, and the reason for this is easy to understand: the motivation for participating in my tests in a valuable way is generally relatively low, so it is important to propose tests that are not too tough, otherwise people's motivation will collapse completely, with zero results. Using four possibilities is also done in ganzfeld telepathy research, probably one of the most successful modern ESP research method nowadays.

(2) Why assigning credibilities to answers?
Another important and essential aspect of my tests, which unfortunately also seems to exasperate many people here, is credibility.
Credibility is my insurance policy against your tendency to lie to me:
Originally Posted by a member of this forum View Post
For the record, I was lying about having any indication of knowing what number you were thinking of. ...
All of my responses to any of your tests have been lies.
, it is an important filter, a lie detector. The reason why it works so well is related to human nature. It is very rare that people lie, without giving (voluntarily or not) some clues about it. I believe I can be generally do this in a very objective way (though I remain open to intelligent objections, if any). For example, in this latest test, Emily's Cat said:
Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
Boat
It has nothing at all to do with telepathy ...
In 2012, I explained:
... Reasons why an answer may not be credible are:
• It is too aggressive.
• It contains one or several incorrect statements.
• It is odd or bizarre.
• The answerer says that his/her answer is not related to telepathy.
• The answer contains a very large number of spelling or syntaxic errors.
So Emily's Cat answer, according to my standard and long-established rules, is not credible. Claiming that I said Emily's Cat's answer was not credible just because it was incorrect, and therefore "I didn't like it", is both unfair and absurd.
Old 15th September 2016, 05:53 PM   #26
Stray Cat
Philosopher

Another important and essential aspect of my tests, which unfortunately also seems to exasperate many people here, is credibility.
Let's assume neither you OR the people in the test have any credibility.
What you need to do is develop a test where credibility is not a factor.... Either yours nor the people involved.
In fact, I would have thought that from the outset the possibility of ANYONE lying (you included) should be completely filtered out during the development of a solid test protocol.

Just the fact that you get to select what is and what isn't credible is not that.
Old 15th September 2016, 05:54 PM   #27
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

There are perhaps a few things I should explain (again?) about my methodology for testing.

(1) Why is the number of possibilities people can choose from so small (typically 4) in the multiple-choice test?
This seems to exasperate many skeptics. The reason is probably psychological, the goal of many posters here is probably to try to perpetuate the situation of collective lie with respect to my (apparent) telepathy, so learning there is a 25% probability to answer correctly (even when no telepathy is involved at all) already does make many people here very nervous. When there are 100 choices, the possibility of answering correctly seems more remote, and this sounds reassuring to many.

I believe it is important to (generally) keep the number of options relatively small because I have pragmatically observed that these tests give the best results, and the reason for this is easy to understand: the motivation for participating in my tests in a valuable way is generally relatively low, so it is important to propose tests that are not too tough, otherwise people's motivation will collapse completely, with zero results. Using four possibilities is also done in ganzfeld telepathy research, probably one of the most successful modern ESP research method nowadays.

, it is an important filter, a lie detector. The reason why it works so well is related to human nature. It is very rare that people lie, without giving (voluntarily or not) some clues about it. I believe I can be generally do this in a very objective way (though I remain open to intelligent objections, if any). For example, in this latest test, Emily's Cat said:

In 2012, I explained:

So Emily's Cat answer, according to my standard and long-established rules, is not credible. Claiming that I said Emily's Cat's answer was not credible just because it was incorrect, and therefore "I didn't like it", is both unfair and absurd.
What a load of abject bollocks. It is difficult to know where to even start with that steaming pile.

For starters, why are you utterly unable to distinguish sarcasm?

Why have you refused to engage with the test proposed? At some level, you know that your claims will be found out for the nonsense that they are, therefore you avoid them like the plague. Fess up or stop.

Which word is the chosen one? Stop playing games. PM back to KE which word it might be. You won't because you have no telepathy and you know it.
Old 15th September 2016, 05:59 PM   #28
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Given the flawed nature of the Ganzfeld method, that's hardly a justification for choosing 4 options.

Secondly, noting that your current approach bears almost nothing in common with the Ganzfeld method apart from the number "4", there's even less reason to accept this as an excuse for using a small sample number, where randomness alone can produce hits.

Let me know when you're ready to apply the test by using the single word provided.

Last edited by Kid Eager; 15th September 2016 at 06:02 PM.
Kid Eager is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 06:30 PM   #29
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

, it is an important filter, a lie detector. The reason why it works so well is related to human nature. It is very rare that people lie, without giving (voluntarily or not) some clues about it. I believe I can be generally do this in a very objective way (though I remain open to intelligent objections, if any). .

Well, all of your other nonsense aside, your truth-detecting ability should be easy to test. I'll start with Two Truths And A Lie . You just pick which of my statements is a lie:

1. I play the clarinet in a jazz band composed entirely of lawyers.
2. I spent time training with the Israeli army.
3. I accidentally paid a stripper twenty dollars and had to make change from her g-string.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 06:54 PM   #30
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
Well, all of your other nonsense aside, your truth-detecting ability should be easy to test. I'll start with Two Truths And A Lie . You just pick which of my statements is a lie:

1. I play the clarinet in a jazz band composed entirely of lawyers.
2. I spent time training with the Israeli army.
3. I accidentally paid a stripper twenty dollars and had to make change from her g-string.
I would not go so far as to say that I can always detect reliably when a statement is a lie, and when it is genuine, but I have found that the credibility method worked well for me in telepathy testing, using just one word in a complex answer leads to an enormous loss of information, I can't afford to do that.

Regarding your three statements, the third and last one seems the most suspicious to me.
Old 15th September 2016, 07:00 PM   #31
Loss Leader

I would not go so far as to say that I can always detect reliably when a statement is a lie, and when it is genuine, but I have found that the credibility method worked well for me in telepathy testing, using just one word in a complex answer leads to an enormous loss of information, I can't afford to do that.

Regarding your three statements, the third and last one seems the most suspicious to me.
And you're wrong. That incident took place in Atlanta in 1994.

I don't play an instrument and can't stand Jazz.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 07:11 PM   #32
Michel H
Graduate Poster

And you're wrong. That incident took place in Atlanta in 1994.

I don't play an instrument and can't stand Jazz.
Fortunately for me, most people who kindly participate in my telepathy tests are not so perverse.
Old 15th September 2016, 07:25 PM   #33
sackett
Philosopher

LL, you are a terrible person!

Fortunately for me, most people who kindly participate in my telepathy tests are not so perverse.
Perverse is right. Imagine wanting change when the poor girl was only trying to make a living!

If it had been a fifty, I could understand.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil

Last edited by sackett; 15th September 2016 at 07:26 PM.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2016, 07:44 PM   #34
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Okay, back to the topic:

Given the flawed nature of the Ganzfeld method, that's hardly a justification for choosing 4 options.

Secondly, noting that your current approach bears almost nothing in common with the Ganzfeld method apart from the number "4", there's even less reason to accept this as an excuse for using a small sample number, where randomness alone can produce hits.

Let me know when you're ready to apply the test by using the single word provided.
Old 15th September 2016, 07:50 PM   #35
Stray Cat
Philosopher

Indeed.... Let's do something a little bit like something that has never been shown to prove telepathy..... to prove telepathy.
Old 15th September 2016, 08:15 PM   #36
Loss Leader

... said the man who makes out with his laptop.

In any case, you were the person who claimed:

It is very rare that people lie, without giving (voluntarily or not) some clues about it. I believe I can be generally do this in a very objective way (though I remain open to intelligent objections, if any).

My penchant for visiting strip clubs in my twenties aside, your ability to sniff out lies from the truth is now 0 out of 1.

L. Leader

Last edited by Agatha; 20th September 2016 at 03:12 PM. Reason: fix quote tags
Old 15th September 2016, 09:12 PM   #37
Michel H
Graduate Poster

... said the man who makes out with his laptop.

In any case, you were the person who claimed:

It is very rare that people lie, without giving (voluntarily or not) some clues about it. I believe I can be generally do this in a very objective way (though I remain open to intelligent objections, if any).

My penchant for visiting strip clubs in my twenties aside, your ability to sniff out lies from the truth is now 0 out of 1.
I suspect that one of the reasons why my credibility method has (in my opinion) generally worked so well (an example was given in this latest test) is simply the fact that people have, to some extent, cooperated, and decided to not make things too hard for me. But, if people are really intent on deceiving, and for example, give a wrong answer in a seemingly good text, there is really nothing I can do about this. But, like I said, it is rare. Perhaps they could do this when they feel angry for some reason (which reason?), this is uncommon though.
Old 15th September 2016, 09:40 PM   #38
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Okay, back to the topic:
Are you going to proceed with the 100-word experiment?
Old 15th September 2016, 09:48 PM   #39
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Are you going to proceed with the 100-word experiment?
I think it is very unlikely I shall do your experiment, because it would probably fail. However, I have been thinking of perhaps (not in the near future) doing a test using some of your words as ESP targets.
Old 15th September 2016, 09:53 PM   #40
Kid Eager
Philosopher

I think it is very unlikely I shall do your experiment, because it would probably fail. <snip>
... and thus negating the telepathy hypothesis.

Brave Sir Robin is slowly nodding his head in approval....

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal