IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Reference » Forum Spotlight

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 26th April 2006, 02:25 PM   #721
staragent
New Blood

[quote=KellyJ;1601579]Hello all,

Luke and Meg, you're doing a great job over there! It's too bad though she removed it from within the psychic forum. I hope it's still getting alot of reads, especially from the predators. I wonder if she saw what Ginger said about her here and if that prompted the invite back.

Kelly,

Yes, she did see what I posted on here as she followed up with a very nasty and threatening email to me as well. I just put it in the folder that contains the other 388 emails from her. She has also threatened assault against me via email and instant message. I am a single divorced mother of a teenager, I say "Bring it on". Perhaps her visions are warning her not to mess with me because her threats have been just that, and I am still waiting for a knock on my door from her, I have a special treat in store!

What she has actually done over on her forum, and I am so sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but she has made that category and invited some of you back in, but the category is closed off to only certain people. Basically, the lovely psychic Shar who does not use spell check EVER, and a couple others, are not able to see what Thinker or Luke T are saying about them at this time.

Just further proof of how manipulative she is.

What can be done? I simply ignore her. It doesn't work though.

Thanks for your efforts!

Ginger
staragent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2006, 02:31 PM   #722
meg
psychic reader

Quote:
What she has actually done over on her forum, and I am so sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but she has made that category and invited some of you back in, but the category is closed off to only certain people. Basically, the lovely psychic Shar who does not use spell check EVER, and a couple others, are not able to see what Thinker or Luke T are saying about them at this time.
Ahhhhhhhhhh. I see. It didn't occur to me that you could do that. I guess as long as its visible to the rest of the posters, though, it might do some good.

Thanks for the heads up.

Meg
Old 26th April 2006, 02:41 PM   #723
Luke T.

Originally Posted by staragent View Post
How do you know this? And if it is true, it is complete and utter BS that psychicladyshar is not allowed to defend herself to me.

Sorry to derail your topic further, Kelly. But this is a psychic who claims to have visions about a missing person.
Luke T. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2006, 02:59 PM   #724
RSLancastr

Originally Posted by KellyJ View Post
Isn't there a saying that goes something like: "Dishonest in one thing, dishonest in all."
Well, if there is, it's inaccurate! I know of a lot of people who lie about their age, for example, but are reasonably honest otherwise.

It should be (If someone is) "Dishonest in one thing, verify the rest!"

But yes, pointing out lies like this (assuming it is a lie) can help with fence-sitters.

But you might be surprised at how little effect it can have on True Believers.

For example, I once spoke with a minister of a church where Kaz was scheduled to speak. He told me that he had doubts about what he called "the celebrity part of her story" (her claimed connections to the deMille family and various other stars, etc.), but that he believed the rest of it (her having been in the WTC on 9/11, dying, the "Rock from Jesus," etc.).

It was very depressing.

Curious about Sylvia Browne? Read about her at www.StopSylvia.com.

Ever wonder "What's the Harm?" with psychics, alternative medicine, etc?
RSLancastr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2006, 03:22 PM   #725
staragent
New Blood

Website

Luke T.,

We know this because there is no way that the owner of that site would allow you to post your suspicions as you might "drive" away the actual perpetrator pretending to be a psychic, which is what she claims. I know that Shar would have responded to you by now so I am sure that the particular section that was "made" for you guys, is actually closed off to everyone but you guys. Regular users don't even see the category unless given a special access to it. This can be done and is quite useful for discussing specifics about a case that you do not want out in the open.

I will send you an email privately on what she is trying to do to me today, quite vengeful (sp) I might add. But I have been posting a lot of research about psychics and the abuse they cause to families and have been putting the link to this forum for people to get further validation of it and the flfiesta owner is very upset with me. I don't care, she keeps calling in her psychic tips to the hotline which is ridiculous and ties up the line. Such nonsense.

Thanks,
Ginger
staragent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2006, 04:59 PM   #726
RSLancastr

Originally Posted by staragent View Post
We know this because there is no way that the owner of that site would allow you to post your suspicions as you might "drive" away the actual perpetrator pretending to be a psychic, which is what she claims. I know that Shar would have responded to you by now so I am sure that the particular section that was "made" for you guys, is actually closed off to everyone but you guys. Regular users don't even see the category unless given a special access to it. This can be done and is quite useful for discussing specifics about a case that you do not want out in the open.
In other words, you DON'T "know this," you are assuming it.

I just went to the forum, unregistered, and the forum " VOICE FOR THE MISSING - PSYCHICS ARE HARMFUL PLEASE READ!" was listed, and I was able to see it.

So it was apparently NOT made just for Meg anbd Luke T.

RSLancastr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2006, 12:11 AM   #727
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

You are lucky. I cannot get to the site at all. The window says it is opening the page. Data comes in, but nothing else.

Those quotes from Luke T is from a person who I asked for their experience and was banned for it. Is she still posting?
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2006, 07:26 AM   #728
Kelly
Philosopher

Originally Posted by meg View Post
Hi Kelly,

I grabbed that quote from Colleen Nick's post on voice4themissing. I am wondering if there is a way to find out more about that statement. Particularly, I would like to know more about when that happened and how. How many times, etc.

Do you know any more about that? Or could you point me toward who I might talk with to find out more?

I guess I keep coming around to the question, does that justify somehow pretending psychics are useful, on the off chance that a killer/criminal will call in a tip pretending to be a psychic? If the killer really wanted to call in a tip, could he not just pretend to be someone else? Or call it in anonymously?

Thanks
Meg
Colleen responded and said:

"I should have said "it is possible" since I do not have a case in point that I can cite as a source. However, I did call my police chief today and he said that he will get me one. He is out of the office today, but hopefully by tomorrow I will have a quotable source for you."
Kelly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2006, 07:52 AM   #729
meg
psychic reader

Thanks Kelly! I look forward to reading that.

rjh01, try removing your cookies and clearing your browser cache. When I first got banned, I experienced a similar thing, but after clearing cookies and cache, I was able to view the forum again.

Meg
Old 28th April 2006, 08:48 AM   #730
Kelly
Philosopher

The blog stories are back on and started yesterday. We're winding down though unless something else outstanding comes up.
Kelly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2006, 09:30 AM   #731
meg
psychic reader

Oh Kelly.

I just read that latest installments on the blog. My heart just aches for you, for what you've had to go through.

I admire your strength so very much. You are an inspiration.

I hope you find him soon.

Meg
Old 28th April 2006, 10:30 AM   #732
Kelly
Philosopher

Oh Kelly.

I just read that latest installments on the blog. My heart just aches for you, for what you've had to go through.

I admire your strength so very much. You are an inspiration.

I hope you find him soon.

Meg
Thank you, Meg.

Your support and help on the series and related adventures has been invaluable.
Old 28th April 2006, 01:27 PM   #733
RSLancastr

Kelly, I just read the last two blog entries.

I'm sorry, but I want to throttle "Jane." How she could be human and still force you into that situation is beyond me.

One suggestion for the future: when making up names for a small group of people, it's best to make the names as different from each other as possible. A first step in this is to at least make sure the names all start with a different letter. It makes it easier for a reader to keep them straight in their mind. I kept getting Jane and Julie mixed up.

I look forward to reading the third part of the story. Partly because I think that writing about it is making you relive it, and I ache for you. Finish it so you can put it behind you as much as is possible.

Old 28th April 2006, 06:13 PM   #734
elaine
Killer Squirrel Killer

Kelly,

Obviously, I don't know you, only from these threads, but I have to echo Meg, when she says you are an inspiration. To put up with the crap that you do, on top of everything else...well, what can I say..

YOU ARE A ROCK STAR :-)

Keep fighting the good fight.
elaine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2006, 01:25 PM   #735
Kelly
Philosopher

It has taken me more than 4 years to be able to write about these things. That's what these people do to people like me.

Yes, I will be so glad to put it behind me. I've learned alot more than I would have imagined about the topic, thanks to the good folks here at JREF.

In gratitude,
Kelly
PS: Robert, ITA about the name thing. Thanks.
Old 1st May 2006, 06:00 AM   #736
meg
psychic reader

Does anyone know of, and if so, could you please point me to, a place where psychics can post their predictions, where the predictions are date/time stamped in some way, and the psychics are not permitted to edit or delete them?

Thanks
Meg
Old 1st May 2006, 06:32 AM   #737
Luke T.

Does anyone know of, and if so, could you please point me to, a place where psychics can post their predictions, where the predictions are date/time stamped in some way, and the psychics are not permitted to edit or delete them?

Thanks
Meg
I wish I could remember the name of the forum where something like 32 JREF posters were banned in one day. On that site, there was a section where psychics posted their predictions. It was orginally open to the public until we came along, and then it was made a sort of "psychics only" section. The rest of the board was still open to everyone. Maybe this post will jog someone's memory of what board I'm talking about.

There is another board which is an old favorite of mine. It was the first internet board I ever joined. The Free Enterprise Mission. A giant paranormal board. You can find it by clicking here.

They have sections for Art Bell, Jeff Rense, Zacharia Sitchin.

They have a place to post predictions here. A few years ago, people used to actually post their own predictions there which gave Ed and I a lot of amusement. Nowadays, they post the usual Nostradamus, Mayan calendar, and other third party source end of the world crap. No great mystery why that has occurred.

Note: Poster "Luke" is not me!
Luke T. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2006, 07:03 AM   #738
sophia8
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Luke T. View Post
I wish I could remember the name of the forum where something like 32 JREF posters were banned in one day. On that site, there was a section where psychics posted their predictions. It was orginally open to the public until we came along, and then it was made a sort of "psychics only" section. The rest of the board was still open to everyone. Maybe this post will jog someone's memory of what board I'm talking about.
Is it this one? Although the prophecies forum is still open to all.
ETA: I see that somebody recently posted a Tubgirl pcture there! Naughty, naughty!
sophia8 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2006, 07:42 AM   #739
flaresident
New Blood

This is a highly intellegent board!!

Originally Posted by sophia8 View Post
Is it prophecies.us Although the prophecies forum is still open to all.
ETA: I see that somebody recently posted a Tubgirl pcture there! Naughty, naughty!
This is a highly intellegent board!!
flaresident is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Reference » Forum Spotlight