ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags thermite evidence

Old 13th June 2017, 09:17 PM   #1
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Grenfell Tower Molten Steel

There is a raging high rise fire in London. Video shows melted steel dripping from the building. Must be Thermite and thus an inside job!!!!!

See full video here
Old 13th June 2017, 09:51 PM   #2
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

Duplicate thread but it looks like this one was first.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 13th June 2017 at 09:52 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 09:51 PM   #3
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
There is a raging high rise fire in London. Video shows melted steel dripping from the building. Must be Thermite and thus an inside job!!!!!

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0b88a6e59f.png

See full video here
It's still dark outside. As I post this, it hasn't even turned 6 AM in London.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 10:42 PM   #4
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Looks terrifying. I hope not too many people have been seriously hurt.
Old 13th June 2017, 10:45 PM   #5
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

The BBC says there is fear the building will collapse...how do they always know? It's like they have science classes in England or something...
Old 13th June 2017, 11:32 PM   #6
RussDill
Philosopher

https://twitter.com/Rosie/status/874828240300494850

Quote:
a 27 floor building on fire
for hours in london

has not yet been reduced to rubble
People are the worst.
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 02:51 AM   #7
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

God, some people are stupid. Every single time there is a fire in some kind of high rise building, these morons start waving their arms around and spewing their ignorance.

Meanwhile instead of immediately farting out 9/11 woo, the rest of us focus on concern for the people INSIDE that block of flats.
Old 14th June 2017, 02:57 AM   #8
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
The BBC says there is fear the building will collapse...how do they always know? It's like they have science classes in England or something...
Oh don't mind us stupid Brits with our ridiculous idea that fire can possibly cause a building to fall down...
Old 14th June 2017, 02:18 PM   #9
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The NWO uses thermite at Yosemite too.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 03:55 PM   #10
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

This looks like yet another case where the safety of composite cladding panels needs to be looked at.

I'm sure this will be done.

My thoughts are for the victims and the hope the toll does not climb.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 04:05 PM   #11
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6c300ddac7.jpg
The NWO uses thermite at Yosemite too.
And a beautiful sight/site it is!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 04:09 PM   #12
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
This looks like yet another case where the safety of composite cladding panels needs to be looked at.

According to BBC on NPR it is definitely going to be looked into - and should have already due to an earlier similar fire (last year).

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 04:11 PM   #13
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by DGM View Post

Unfortunately due to some lacks of speed in getting people out it is likely they will find more. I hope not, but that seems to be likely.

Wash this space!

Old 14th June 2017, 04:39 PM   #14
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
Nitpick...CNN reports it as 24 storeys.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 04:42 PM   #15
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Unfortunately due to some lacks of speed in getting people out it is likely they will find more. I hope not, but that seems to be likely.
Someone is getting blamed. Apparently residents have been complaining that it is a fire trap. Discarded matresses in the lobby, no proper fire stairs and only one entrance/exit.
Couple that with this idiocy of flammable cladding and it was a setting for disaster.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 04:56 PM   #16
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Couple that with this idiocy of flammable cladding and it was a setting for disaster.
My reading says the cladding itself is "flame retardant". I'm thinking the application is not fully understood (use over other materials) or regulated.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 14th June 2017 at 04:59 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2017, 05:07 PM   #17
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Pics and video sure look to confirm the exterior was on fire.
If the cladding itself was fire retardant then what it was attached to (insulation for eg.) was on fire.
Old 14th June 2017, 05:10 PM   #18
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Residents were flashing lights in SOS pattern. This would seem to indicate that the fire was predominantly exterior at first since power was on.
Egress gets difficult though if the stairwells fill with smoke.
Old 14th June 2017, 09:53 PM   #19
threadworm
Graduate Poster

The reaction of all right thinking sane people in the UK has been "How could this happen when we have such strong regulations about this kind of thing" and "Those poor people".

The reaction of every 9/11 conspiracy nutjob has been "SEE!! SEE!!".

I just knew they would be all over this as soon as I saw it, and that they would conveniently gloss over the lack of fuel laden planes hitting this building at high speed, the lack of debris landing on it from other buildings, the entirely different construction and the whole complete set of different of circumstances involved.

They need help.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2017, 02:35 AM   #20
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
The reaction of all right thinking sane people in the UK has been "How could this happen when we have such strong regulations about this kind of thing" and "Those poor people".

I just knew they would be all over this as soon as I saw it, and that they would conveniently gloss over the lack of fuel laden planes hitting this building at high speed, the lack of debris landing on it from other buildings, the entirely different construction and the whole complete set of different of circumstances involved.

They need help.
Just what I was thinking. The idea that you have to point out that some buildings are different from other buildings is...well, I really don't have the words.
Old 15th June 2017, 04:39 AM   #21
Mark F
Graduate Poster

The comments section of Youtube news video's on this fire are already rife with morons making idiotic comments like 'still waiting for this one to fall symmetrically at free-fall speed'.

Old 15th June 2017, 05:00 AM   #22
Whip
Muse

so.......thermite that failed. should definitively be evidence of it's existence then.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2017, 09:19 AM   #23
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
The comments section of Youtube news video's on this fire are already rife with morons making idiotic comments like 'still waiting for this one to fall symmetrically at free-fall speed'.

I avoid reading YouTube comments on 90% of the videos I watch. Mostly because I wish to avoid being infected by the sheer stupidity, or have my brain leak out my ears... an affliction they seem to have suffered from.
Old 15th June 2017, 09:24 AM   #24
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post

They need help.

Although I don't actually wish being trapped in a burning high rise on anyone (not even 9/11 loonies), I wonder if they'd still be yelling out the same **** even if they WERE.

They are so divorced from reality that waving their tin foil hats around, and not stopping to think about human tragedy is pretty much automatic.

Last edited by Dash80; 15th June 2017 at 09:28 AM.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2017, 07:25 PM   #25
Pinch
Critical Thinker

Friend of mine on FB did something similar in a thread - asked why the building hadn't "pancaked down" like the WTC. I quickly laid out all the usual points - building design, 90-ton airliners moving at 750 fps, 10,000 of jet fuel, kinetic energy, yadda yadda yadda. Her response? A series of "Whatever." That was her comeback. "Whatever.' As infantile as that response was, it still beat most of what we hear from AE911 or Balsamo or anything else these days.
Old 16th June 2017, 05:56 AM   #26
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

On my FB feed one poster exclaims that despite being constructed of concrete this tower withstood the fire while in Manhattanthree steel buildings fell down. The point apparently being how much more fire proof steel is.
I posted back that the display of ignorance was quite astounding
Old 16th June 2017, 06:02 AM   #27
Graham2001
Graduate Poster

It's molten plastic, just like every cladding fire for the last few years.

Roubaix 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZfLDxYBuU

Dubai 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djuaEQDvXcc

Dubai 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8QhDnlVeg

There was one in Australia in 2014, but there is no good camera footage.

Everybody gets it wrong sometimes...
Graham2001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2017, 01:35 PM   #28
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

It's dead, Jim.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 16th June 2017 at 02:28 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 07:52 AM   #29
Criteria
Critical Thinker

The Amazing Hidden Inferno

Amazing mystery fires must have been hiding inside WTC7.

Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 08:37 AM   #30
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

One of these things is not like the others.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 10:04 AM   #31
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post

http://i63.tinypic.com/ivg8lj.jpg
You're still here trying to tell us two pictures taken at different times of the day with two completely different sets of circumstances and two completely differently built structures are comparable?

Is it really that difficult for you to ask questions beyond the first dimension?
Old 19th June 2017, 11:14 AM   #32
MileHighMadness
Muse

The 9/11 Truth Movement is dead. Time to move on...
Old 19th June 2017, 11:59 AM   #33
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Someone is getting blamed. Apparently residents have been complaining that it is a fire trap. Discarded matresses in the lobby, no proper fire stairs and only one entrance/exit.
The cladding also was US supplied - at the time not legal for such construction in US but was in GB. I believe that changed real recently (late last week).

Wash this space!

Old 19th June 2017, 12:04 PM   #34
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Residents were flashing lights in SOS pattern. This would seem to indicate that the fire was predominantly exterior at first since power was on.
Egress gets difficult though if the stairwells fill with smoke.
and bodies and fallen not yet dead victims. that is this morning on NPR (as is the US not fireproof cladding - a post or three above this one)

Wash this space!

Old 19th June 2017, 12:26 PM   #35
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
It's still dark outside. As I post this, it hasn't even turned 6 AM in London.
Sunrise was at 04.42 in London on the day of the fire; it was not dark, though not full daylight.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 12:28 PM   #36
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

http://i63.tinypic.com/ivg8lj.jpg
Apples and oranges are both fruits. They should taste the same.

Gads,,, you are either quite dense, or a troll.

One of those buildings was primarily concrete in both floors and supporting structure, the other exclusively steel support.
One of those buildings was typical short span, post and beam, the other was constructed over a pre-existing structure, essentially having a "foundation" built 6 storeys above ground, and was a long span open floor space, non-standard shaped structure.
One of those buildings saw large loss of life, the other had no loss of life.
One had flammable exterior cladding which contributed greatly to vertical fire spread, the other did not.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:50 PM   #37
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

The best part of Criteria's post is the lie within. "WTC7 fully involved by fire", "WTC7 seconds after".

How many seconds in 8 hours?

Last edited by DGM; 19th June 2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 19th June 2017, 01:46 PM   #38
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

You left out the Plasco building. Cherry picking?
Old 19th June 2017, 03:07 PM   #39
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
You left out the Plasco building. Cherry picking?
He also left out the department of architecture building at Delf University, which was concrete and DID suffer a collapse complete from roof to foundation.

There is a real simple reason for this:

Sometimes, fires make a building collapse, often they don't.

Just like sometimes, car crashes kill people, often they don't.
Just like sometimes, thunder storms flood cellars, often they don't.
Just like sometimes, women get pregnant from sex, often they don't.
Just like sometimes, milk goes bad two days after the date printed, often it doesn't.
Just like sometimes, ships that hit icebergs sink, often they don't.

All this is far beyond the reach of truther intellects, apparently.
I could ask Criteria if he agrees to any or all of the above, but we know already that he will never ever answer.
Old 19th June 2017, 08:11 PM   #40
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
The 9/11 Truth Movement is dead. Time to move on...
Recent postings indicate that it's still not illegal to pimp-slap a dead horse.
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories