ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , joe biden

Old 17th October 2020, 05:42 PM   #1841
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Bob, what you should have been searching for is "Ineligible Voting" instead of "Voter Impersonation at the Polls"

Voter ID laws require voters to present specific, state-approved ID at the polls. It doesn't have anything to do with anything else.

Now as I asked before, whom does not have an ID? Is there a specific population or group you have in mind? Please do tell. I bet you won't.

Link posted above. Again:

Quote:
Millions of Americans Lack ID. 11% of U.S. citizens – or more than 21 million Americans – do not have government-issued photo identification.
Minority voters disproportionately lack ID. Nationally, up to 25% of African-American citizens of voting age lack government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of whites.
In-person fraud is vanishingly rare. A recent study found that, since 2000, there were only 31 credible allegations of voter impersonation – the only type of fraud that photo IDs could prevent – during a period of time in which over 1 billion ballots were cast.

https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-vo...ion-fact-sheet
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 07:07 PM   #1842
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Voter ID laws require voters to present specific, state-approved ID at the polls. It doesn't have anything to do with anything else.

Link posted above. Again:

https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-vo...ion-fact-sheet
Bob001, stop confusing the issue with facts. Some people can't handle them.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 07:33 PM   #1843
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

That Insider Advantage poll for Pennsylvania is completely crazy.

Republicans 47.7% for Trump and 40.3% for Biden, no way.
Democrats 14.6% for Trump and 80.5% for Biden, seems off too.
How the heck can two Libertarians be 15.8% for Trump, 68.4% for Biden,
and 15.8% for Jorgensen?

Lots of undecided voters as well.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:38 PM   #1844
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
That Insider Advantage poll for Pennsylvania is completely crazy.

Republicans 47.7% for Trump and 40.3% for Biden, no way.
Democrats 14.6% for Trump and 80.5% for Biden, seems off too.
How the heck can two Libertarians be 15.8% for Trump, 68.4% for Biden,
and 15.8% for Jorgensen?

Lots of undecided voters as well.
That seems off to me too. Probably a very poor sample.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:41 PM   #1845
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

//Spitball// Users could pick more then one candidate and/or there was a poll with the 3rd party candidates and one without and they aggregated the results?
Old 17th October 2020, 07:49 PM   #1846
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

This election is a choice between a TRUMP RECOVERY and a BIDEN DEPRESSION. If you vote for me, prosperity will surge, normal life will fully resume, and next year will be one of the greatest years in the history of our Country!

If you support our Police, if you stand with the HEROES of Law Enforcement, then you must defeat Joe Biden on November 3rd—VOTE #MAGA!

The Democrat Party you once knew — no longer exists!

17 days from now, we are going to win the Great State of WISCONSIN, and we are going to win 4 more years in the White House! Early Voting begins on Tuesday in WISCONSIN — so make sure you GET OUT AND VOTE! #MAGA

Final RCP Polling Averages Had Hillary Clinton Winning MI, WI, and PA https://breitbart.com/politics/2020/...-pennsylvania/ via
@BreitbartNews
The Polls are Fake just like much of the reported news. I won it all against Crooked Hillary!

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 17th October 2020 at 07:51 PM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 07:49 PM   #1847
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Second best.
Trump would be a lame duck president.
I myself would change one letter in your next-to-last word.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:57 PM   #1848
gypsyjackson
Muse

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
I myself would change one letter in your next-to-last word.
And tense of sentence?
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 08:00 PM   #1849
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

SLEEPY JOE BIDEN IS PROPOSING THE BIGGEST TAX HIKE IN OUR COUNTRY’S HISTORY! CAN ANYBODY REALLY VOTE FOR THIS?
HI THERE LEXIS YOU’RE A REALLY GOOD DANCER! WHERE DO I PUT THE DOLLAR?
Old 17th October 2020, 08:26 PM   #1850
SezMe
post-pre-born

Now just so you know in reality I'd rather eat a live slug than vote for Biden and I'll be voting for Donald Trump as well. But the folks that call me probably have it written down somewhere that they found another vote for their side.........This is likely not an isolated incident.
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove breach of rule 12

Last edited by Agatha; Yesterday at 02:06 PM.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 08:31 PM   #1851
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Yeah, Biden is leading bigly, which is unpresidented, and it is cause for hope . Also, demographically the US population is shifting, so that the population will grow more and more blue, so to speak. The GOP is going to have to reform, or they'll soon simply be unable to win any more elections, especially with some good voting reform to make voting supression harder.

America is not yet lost.
Yes, and the best way to push that trend along is for Pelosi to reintroduce House Bill 1 which was the first bill the Dems/Pelosi put up for a vote and passed. It was a rework of the voters rights bill that the Supremes cut the heart out of. If there were far fewer barriers to voting and gerrymandering was disallowed, the GOP would have to reform or die.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 08:43 PM   #1852
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

There is an easy secret to how Trump managed to have a decent economy:
Run a 3trillon deficit.

Like all Trump projects, someone else has to pay for it.
Old 18th October 2020, 02:47 AM   #1853
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Kirstie Alley tweets

@kirstiealley
I’m voting for @realDonaldTrump because he’s NOT a politician.
I voted for him 4 years ago for this reason and shall vote for him again for this reason.
He gets things done quickly and he will turn the economy around quickly.
There you have it folks there you have it
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 03:27 AM   #1854
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Adam Paul Laxalt
@AdamLaxalt
Unclean voter rolls + significantly relaxed signature requirements + very lax ballot harvesting rules = a “Wild Wild West” election in Nevada, a swing state that was decided by 25K votes in 2016.
Old 18th October 2020, 03:29 AM   #1855
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“Bins full of ballots in a dumpster”
Old 18th October 2020, 03:34 AM   #1856
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

John, thank you. Such a great honor!
Quote Tweet

Jon Voight
@jonvoight
Evil

(Biden is Evil, Children of God must vote for campaign Trump video in link)

https://twitter.com/jonvoight/status...93854395711488
Old 18th October 2020, 03:47 AM   #1857
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

Quote Tweet

Jon Voight
@jonvoight
Evil

Welcome to Jonestown.
Old 18th October 2020, 04:53 AM   #1858
carlosy
Critical Thinker

Trump Tweets

Quote Tweet

Jon Voight
@jonvoight
Evil

So, Mickey Donovan was not just a fictional character.
Didn't knew Voight is also stupid in reality.
carlosy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 05:27 AM   #1859
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Biden's chances increase further to 88%, over Trump's 12%, FiveThirtyEight

(Usual disclaimer: yes, I know x% is not 100%, post-election shenanigans, counting eggs before hatched, etc.)
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 05:50 AM   #1860
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

(Usual disclaimer: yes, I know x% is not 100%, post-election shenanigans, counting eggs before hatched, etc.)
They were the only ones who were remotely accurate last time, so I'll take every little blue dot as a win.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 05:53 AM   #1861
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Dan Bongino
@dbongino
Pollster Who Predicted 2016 Win Predicts Another Trump Victory
Pollster From Trafalgar: I Predict Trump Will Win With Just Over 270 Electoral Votes
The pollster who got it right in 2016 is predicting a Trump victory.
bongino.com
Old 18th October 2020, 05:53 AM   #1862
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
They were the only ones who were remotely accurate last time, so I'll take every little blue dot as a win.
If you knew there was a 12% chance you would die in your sleep tonight, would you snooze peacefully? No one should ever forget that Trump can win.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 05:56 AM   #1863
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

If you knew there was a 12% chance you would die in your sleep tonight, would you snooze peacefully? No one should ever forget that Trump can win.
Did I say "we've got this in the bag, let's kick back and watch Netflix instead of voting?"
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 06:05 AM   #1864
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Me too. In fact I think it's amazing Trump is still slipping. I was sure he'd stop at 15% or so, but Biden's support just keeps growing.

Did I say "we've got this in the bag, let's kick back and watch Netflix instead of voting?"
I've learned lately that you can't post or discuss good news on this forum without a disclaimer, lest someone will inevitably come around and inform you that Trump can still win and that we were optimistic in 2016, too.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 06:21 AM   #1865
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Me too. In fact I think it's amazing Trump is still slipping. I was sure he'd stop at 15% or so, but Biden's support just keeps growing.

I've learned lately that you can't post or discuss good news on this forum without a disclaimer, lest someone will inevitably come around and inform you that Trump can still win and that we were optimistic in 2016, too.
Yeah, I hate to be Mr. Black Cloud, but all that matters is the electoral vote in three or four states, and what Repub state legislatures think they can get away with. We have never seen an election like this, including in 2016 and 2000.
Old 18th October 2020, 06:28 AM   #1866
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

If Trump loses the most likely thing to be crushed will be your 401K as most investors will immediately liquidate their stocks and move the proceeds to Gold and Silver. But hey you never know I could be wrong this time (for the first time).
I seem to recall my 401K doing just fine under the Obama administration.
Old 18th October 2020, 06:37 AM   #1867
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, I hate to be Mr. Black Cloud, but all that matters is the electoral vote in three or four states, and what Repub state legislatures think they can get away with. We have never seen an election like this, including in 2016 and 2000.
Yes, but the point is everyone knows this, so people mansplaining it to us every single time something good happens is not neccessary or helpful.

If I say the weather report for tomorrow looks really good, I know there might still be clouds, wind, or rain.
Old 18th October 2020, 07:32 AM   #1868
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Yes, but the point is everyone knows this, so people mansplaining it to us every single time something good happens is not neccessary or helpful.

If I say the weather report for tomorrow looks really good, I know there might still be clouds, wind, or rain.
I can't blame him. A little over-zealousness is a natural consequence of rejecting complacency.

The real test is going to be the next election, and the one after that, and so on. Has the Trump administration caused a lasting shift in people's political engagement, or is everyone going back to bed in 2024 when it's Harris vs. some "inoffensive" Republican who's gone back to saying the quiet part quietly?
Old 18th October 2020, 07:36 AM   #1869
Lurch
Graduate Poster

I'm unable to read the Wapo piece as I'm not a subscriber, and likely never will be.

However, from the title I can assume it's an opinion piece about why the US voter should feel as they have been conned by President Trump. The reply to this question is simple in my case, he's made good on every promise that concerned me in 2016. The wall is going up, I've seen it. We pulled out of the Iran deal. Taxes were lowered which has meant more money in my pocket. Drug prices, specifically insulin, are much lower than before, again more money in my pocket. We are now energy independent. My gasoline is less than $2.00 per gallon and I even filled up a few times this year at $0.99/gal. He's cleaning out the swamp in DC though it seems very deep and still needs more work. No new wars, and this was a biggie for me. But the most important reason I will vote for Trump again is because he's not a politician, he's a businessman. He has added money to my pocket and yours too if you're an American whether you like him or not. I ask myself the Reagan question when considering a President's performance: "Am I better off now than I was 4 years ago?" The answer for me is "Yes definitely." How about you? Are you better off than you were?
How nice for you. But you're residing in a pariah state, with 5X excess Covid deaths and the rest of the world telling you, "Eff off!." If that's worth a few extra bucks, good on ya.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 07:39 AM   #1870
Lurch
Graduate Poster

I'll go a bit further. The biggest reason people are lying about their chosen candidate is likely due to being called or thought of as "Racist" or "stupid" if they support a Republican candidate. Even though it is a ridiculous charge against 99.9% of voters, the Left's insistent use of terms like "Racist" and the like of other derogatory terms used about Trump voters has created a situation where polls absolutely cannot work accurately anymore. Now pollsters try to come out with new questions that address this. "Who do you think your neighbor will vote for?" As if they also seem to believe most people have the intellect of a Chimp. The system for polling is indeed broken and will remain so until the Left stops the petty personal attacks against Trump voters. There's no need for me to try and convince you that what I'm telling you is true, simply look at the posts within this very forum.
A very mature attitude, this "Insult me and I'll be sure to double down on stupidity."
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 09:18 AM   #1871
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlosy View Post
Dunno if he's stupid, but he's been a bit unhinged for a long time.
Old 18th October 2020, 11:14 AM   #1872
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It's been 87 to 12 for several days. In one outcome they tie 269 to 269. You can call that a Biden win because a tie goes to the House and the Democrats control the House.

However, the polls have been extremely steady for a couple weeks and they were mostly steady for months before that.

People have already decided. People are already voting. There is not going to be any Oct surprise against Biden Who knows what's still out there about Trump but it likely won't matter either.

Bottom line, these polls and opinions are pretty fixed. There are a couple of very close states that could go either way but they aren't going to change the outcome.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 18th October 2020 at 11:19 AM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 11:16 AM   #1873
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
It's been 87 to 12 for several days. In one outcome they tie 269 to 269. You can call that a Biden win because a tie goes to the House and the Democrats control the House.
If the House has to vote to choose the president, each state gets one vote.
For now, the Republicans control more state delegations.

And if the EC is a tie, highly unlikely that this GOP advantage goes away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contin...on?wprov=sfla1

Last edited by Firestone; 18th October 2020 at 11:20 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 11:21 AM   #1874
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlosy View Post
I had the same thought when I read his tweet!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 11:23 AM   #1875
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

If Trump loses the most likely thing to be crushed will be your 401K as most investors will immediately liquidate their stocks and move the proceeds to Gold and Silver. But hey you never know I could be wrong this time (for the first time).
Donald, is that you?
Old 18th October 2020, 11:23 AM   #1876
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Goldman Sachs chief economist says we'll be better off if the Democrats take the Senate and elect Biden.

Fortune: Biden ‘blue wave’ would boost economy, says Goldman Sachs chief economist

Trump is now calling Goldman Sachs liberals. I guess they are when it comes to the 2020 election, just like the Lincoln Project boys.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 11:45 AM   #1877
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Yeah, after the Bush recession, mine was recovered by 2010; the Trump dump of 2020 really hurt as I was transitioning towards retirement and ironically more stable and conservative investment strategies.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 11:46 AM   #1878
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Goldman Sachs chief economist says we'll be better off if the Democrats take the Senate and elect Biden.

Fortune: Biden ‘blue wave’ would boost economy, says Goldman Sachs chief economist

Trump is now calling Goldman Sachs liberals. I guess they are when it comes to the 2020 election, just like the Lincoln Project boys.
I already posted that at him. He called GS a bunch of leftists.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 11:53 AM   #1879
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

I'm unable to read the Wapo piece as I'm not a subscriber, and likely never will be.

However, from the title I can assume it's an opinion piece about why the US voter should feel as they have been conned by President Trump. The reply to this question is simple in my case, he's made good on every promise that concerned me in 2016. The wall is going up, I've seen it. We pulled out of the Iran deal. Taxes were lowered which has meant more money in my pocket. Drug prices, specifically insulin, are much lower than before, again more money in my pocket. We are now energy independent. My gasoline is less than $2.00 per gallon and I even filled up a few times this year at $0.99/gal. He's cleaning out the swamp in DC though it seems very deep and still needs more work. No new wars, and this was a biggie for me. But the most important reason I will vote for Trump again is because he's not a politician, he's a businessman. He has added money to my pocket and yours too if you're an American whether you like him or not. I ask myself the Reagan question when considering a President's performance: "Am I better off now than I was 4 years ago?" The answer for me is "Yes definitely." How about you? Are you better off than you were?
I think you covered all the Republican talking points, congratulations. But perhaps you too have been conned.

Very little new wall has been built. And most of the work that’s has been done has been on preexisting wall.

By unilaterally pulling out of the Iranian deal we went from Iran completely halting its fissionable materials to a full on enrichment. And strengthening Iran’s status in the Middle East while weakening the reputation of the USA as an untrustworthy treaty negotiator.

Most of the taxes breaks went to the wealthy; those to the middle class are much smaller and temporary. And all this resulted in a huge increase in the deficit. Remember when high deficits were bad things for Republicans? Will our children be better off? Or did we just steal a lot of money from them to put a few coins today in the middle classes pockets?

Trump stabilized in a showy manner some drug prices but look at the swamp he’s created in conflicting interests in vaccine production alone. Either the taxpayer or the vaccine taker will be paying for this for a long time. And he intends to kill provisions of Obama care that protect preexisting conditions and ensure health care to many millions of citizens unable to afford it previously. And I will not even bother to mention all the Americans dead of covid-19.

Gasoline prices? Don’t you remember that when they began to fall Trump worked feverishly to push them back up? But more so he has damaged renewable energy and increased pollution enormously. What will our kids do when the existing oil is exhausted and prices begin to soar, when their environment I’d blighted? But I’m glad you saved a bit when you filled your car. And net energy exports had already began to fall way before the Trump administration without this massive environmental damage.

Empty the swamp? I’ve posted articles about how he has created a highly organized swamp by which people paying money directly to Trump and family business interests result access to the highest levels of government and their wishes come true.

No new wars? At the cost of throwing in the towel, betraying our allies, and conceding large stretches of the Middle East to terrorists, leaving our military and national security experts in despair.

Are you better now that 4 years ago? Other than that Mrs Lincoln did you enjoy the play?

Last edited by Giordano; 18th October 2020 at 11:56 AM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2020, 12:14 PM   #1880
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
By unilaterally pulling out of the Iranian deal we went from Iran completely halting its fissionable materials to a full on enrichment. And strengthening Iran’s status in the Middle East while weakening the reputation of the USA as an untrustworthy treaty negotiator.
What makes this even sadder is that Iran, AFAIK, is moving in a liberal direction by itself already (eta: on a societal level, that is, I don't know about the regime). Trump just made the lives of all Iranians harder for... seemingly no reason other than to be Tough on Islam. A friend of mine has an Iranian friend, who followed the US 2016 election closely and dreaded Trump winning. After Trump taking the helm, she now reports that even basic commodities like paper can be hard to come by in Iran.

No doubt Biden will try to repair relations and loosen sanctions when (or if) he takes over, but as you say, some damage has already been done.

Last edited by Safe-Keeper; 18th October 2020 at 12:20 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics