ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , chris wallace , debates , donald trump , joe biden , presidential debates

Old 29th September 2020, 04:55 PM   #41
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
...Mrs Robinson?
Old 29th September 2020, 05:20 PM   #42
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Yep. That's Trump's MO. Poison the narrative from the beginning.

Sleepy Joe's on drugs!

If we lose, the election's rigged!

Etc...
I hope and pray VP Biden says, just once, "Mr President, please try to act like an adult for just a few minutes"
Old 29th September 2020, 05:27 PM   #43
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Word of advice, make sure you're registered to vote. I just checked my family, and for some reason, my husband wasn't. He voted last election. Nothing has changed since then but there was no record of him. Thank goodness checked. We got him registered online. Same thing happened to my SIL which is why I checked.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 05:36 PM   #44
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Personally, I can't wait to not watch it. The sooner it's over, the better.

Predictions: Biden botches one of his pre-written zingers. Trump praises his administration as one of the best in history, grading himself an A-plus. He also says a lot of other dumb ****. Oh, and he's expected not just to repeat old lies but create new ones.
Pretty much this. I am a bit curious about new Trump lies though.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 05:43 PM   #45
angrysoba
Philosophile

Biden has to get some zingers in about Trump's taxes. Trump will say it is because he is smart. Hopefully Biden will follow up by pointing out it is because he was losing money and is in debt, that he damages everything he touches from his company, to the presidency and the country. Hopefully, Biden will bring some energy to the debate, but clearly any slight stammer will be replayed by the Trump campaign endlessly with comedy sound effects added in.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 05:56 PM   #46
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

The tax evasion will get him an "that makes me smart", as you say. Pointing out how much money he has been losing and how his debt is coming due will probably get a stronger reaction. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:01 PM   #47
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's first answer. He said "We won the election" (among other things) at least three times in his first two-minute period.

That's all I'm going to comment on during the proceedings.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:09 PM   #48
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Trump better start pacing himself. I guess the Trump strategy is to not let anyone else talk.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:10 PM   #49
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Do NOT play the game where you take a drink every time Biden says "Here's the deal". You will be dead by the end of the debate.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:10 PM   #50
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I tried but I can't watch this. trump won't shut up. He talks over Biden and he talks over Chris Wallace. It's terrible.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:11 PM   #51
Distracted1
Illuminator

Biden needs a "shut the **** up , I'm speaking here jackass" moment.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:11 PM   #52
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Not enough alcohol on the planet for this.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:12 PM   #53
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
I tried but I can't watch this. trump won't shut up. He talks over Biden and he talks over Chris Wallace. It's terrible.
Agreed. I'm already through two glasses of Scotch. Chris Wallace is an awful moderator.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:13 PM   #54
SezMe
post-pre-born

I CAN'T STAND IT!! Wallace is letting Trump walk all over him. I lasted 16 minutes and walked away. Trump's bluster is too, too much.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:14 PM   #55
Dread Pirate Roberts
Thinker

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Biden needs a "shut the **** up , I'm speaking here jackass" moment.
You almost got it!
Dread Pirate Roberts is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:16 PM   #56
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
And he lies with every breath. Some people have suggested fact-checking in real time. I'm not sure how that would work, but a certain percentage of viewers will believe anything Trump says. And I just wish Biden was a slicker speaker. Andrew Cuomo or Elizabeth Warren would tear Trump apart.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:16 PM   #57
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
It will be the middle of the day here, so I'll probably have a look. I'm thinking of maybe making a drinking game out of it. Any suggestions? What merits a shot of booze?
Trump sniffing?
Trump interrupting?
Key words?
Go for a shot every time Trump lies. That way you'll be passed out 15 minutes into the debate and you won't have to listen to the rest.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:17 PM   #58
dmaker
Graduate Poster

OMG, another I closed the country, even Dr.Fauci said I did a good job speech...
dmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:20 PM   #59
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Agreed. I'm already through two glasses of Scotch. Chris Wallace is an awful moderator.
That's a surprise and disappointment, in that case . He did such a good job roasting Trump in that man, woman, camera interview.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:23 PM   #60
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

My wife is from South America and a big fan of Spain's variety/comedy TV show "El Hormiguero." It's broadcast mid-evening on Channel 1515 on Fios TV in New York. It wasn't preempted for the Biden-trump debate (it's broadcast from Spain) so we're watching that instead.

We're both voting for Biden,anyway.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:23 PM   #61
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Trump is literally bragging about how smart he is. This is going to be a fun night.
dmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:24 PM   #62
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
I CAN'T STAND IT!! Wallace is letting Trump walk all over him. I lasted 16 minutes and walked away. Trump's bluster is too, too much.
It's probably a mistake to have just one moderator. Maybe a team of people who have specialized in particular areas would be smarter.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:24 PM   #63
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Trump must've popped a few tabs of adderall before going on.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:25 PM   #64
Galaxie
Muse

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
Trump is literally bragging about how smart he is. This is going to be a fun night.
"Don't use that word (smart) with me, Joe." - Trump
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:25 PM   #65
Mumbles
Philosopher

No real shock, all Dolt 45 has is bluster and blather.

In other news, Biden went out of his way to present his secret earphones and performance enhancers. I'm guessing the muppet in chief won't do the same.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:26 PM   #66
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I wish Joe would stop looking down, and would talk louder. It isn't good enough to be right, you have to project yourself.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:26 PM   #67
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Gotcha', weak libtards!!!
Old 29th September 2020, 06:26 PM   #68
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
You almost got it!
Got a, "Please shush"from Biden.

Trump's orange red this time.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:29 PM   #69
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
"Don't use that word (smart) with me, Joe." - Trump
Trump was sneering at Biden's state u. That was the moment for Biden to say "I didn't have a rich Dad to bribe my way into Penn."

Last edited by Bob001; 29th September 2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:29 PM   #70
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I'm dying here. Trump is so funny. And Biden's eyes are all black. Adremochrome?
Old 29th September 2020, 06:29 PM   #71
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Trump just said there have been no negative effects from his recent rallies.

I think Herman Cain might disagree.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:30 PM   #72
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I don't know how I've gotten this far. Chris Wallace is a terrible moderator. I don't think I can take much more.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:30 PM   #73
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Oh, he just said "China"! Prost!
Old 29th September 2020, 06:31 PM   #74
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Got a, "Please shush"from Biden.

Trump's orange red this time.
Earlier he actually said "would you shut up, man!"

https://www.businessinsider.com/bide...e-video-2020-9
Old 29th September 2020, 06:31 PM   #75
TokenMac
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
Trump just said there have been no negative effects from his recent rallies.

I think Herman Cain might disagree.
Hey, his ghost tweeted that it ain't so bad.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:31 PM   #76
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Aaaaaand.... I'm hammered.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:32 PM   #77
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I'm dying here. Trump is so funny. And Biden's eyes are all black. Adremochrome?
I understand that pepe find Trump charismatic, but I honestly find his behavior repulsive. I would avoid him at a party like the covid.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:32 PM   #78
Cain
Straussian

Sounds like Trump is dominating even though it's two against one. This is why we elected him! He's so Alpha.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:33 PM   #79
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I don't know how I've gotten this far. Chris Wallace is a terrible moderator. I don't think I can take much more.
See post #67.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:33 PM   #80
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

A Democratic adviser has said debating Trump is like facing a chimpanzee with a machine gun. Another commentator says that the world's greatest fencer isn't threatened by the world's second-greatest fencer; the danger is the world's worst fencer, like Trump, who doesn't care about the rules and might just throw the sword at his head.

Last edited by Bob001; 29th September 2020 at 06:45 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics