ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , donald trump , Melania Trump

Old 2nd October 2020, 06:45 AM   #241
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Oh before I forget.

*Claps my hands* Bring out plates of our finest pearls, polished to the highest shine, and make sure they are ready and available for the clutching.
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:50 AM   #242
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
Nope, Pelosi is ahead of Mcconnell in line. But Pence has kept himself physically separate from Trump and be appears to keep himself in shape, so don't hold your breath.
McConnell isn't in line at all. After Speaker of the House, the next in line is President Pro-Tempore (sp?) of the Senate. I think the current holder of that office is Chuck Grassley.

After that, it's Mike Pompeo.

For the moment at least, Pence is negative, so it doesn't seem very likely that we will see a President Pelosi in the future.
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:50 AM   #243
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Elon Musk has announced that after having his engineers work all night, he's created a miniature rescue submarine for safely evacuating infected high-level government officials from the While House premises.
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:51 AM   #244
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Look how big Trump's mask is in that photo!
It has to cover his ass too, because thatís where he mostly speaks from.
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:53 AM   #245
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

The mystery writer Don Winslow is also questioning the reality of Trump and company claims: ""Dear@realDonaldTrump. Assuming it's true you have tested positive (after all you have lied over 20,000 times since becoming President and so have your wife and doctors) but assuming it is true WHY is it now COVID-19? You have ALWAYS called it the China Virus? What changed?"
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:57 AM   #246
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Another writer, journalist David Simon, has his doubts too:

"Honestly, when a man lies so damn much, am I wrong to imagine another cry of wolf for an October surprise? That Trump is claiming a positive test, will present as asymptomatic, or claim himself cured with bleach, then dismiss COVID again as a Democratic hoax? I'm wrong, right?

ó David Simon (@AoDespair) October 2, 2020"
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:01 AM   #247
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I've said for some time that I wish judges could sentence white collar crooks to enforced homelessness, so that'd be my pie-in-the-sky wish in this case.

But since he's gonna be in quarantine for some time now, does that mean we get spared the second debate?

They can always use Zoom or something.

Of course, that will give the moderator a built-in mute button.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:03 AM   #248
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
This is what we can call "A COVID outbreak at the White House"
You know who has spent more time in the White House than Trump? Obama.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:04 AM   #249
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I know it's sort of cliche to ask/bring up at this point, but I'm curious of the polls in a couple of days.

Thanks Nate that cleared it up.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:06 AM   #250
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It's borderline criminal that Trump was aware he was exposed to the coronavirus by Hope Hicks, who tested positive on Wed but he still traveled to a fundraiser on Thursday. "where one attendee said POTUS came in contact with about 100 people" & he was having symptoms

Maggie Haberman NYT wrote
"Trump is said to have minor symptoms. He was lethargic at the Bedminster fundraiser, per an attendee. As of last night, officials were discussing treatment options as well as options for addressing the nation." https://nytimes.com/live/2020/10/02/...e=articleShare
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:11 AM   #251
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Shouldn't Trump be keeping this a secret from himself so he doesn't panic?
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:12 AM   #252
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

This could be a great teachable moment for the POTUS.

Take away his money and availability of multiple properties. Put him in a small rancher with his wife and some young children, living paycheck to paycheck. Now have his health insurance cancel while he is sick.

This is the America you have been working for, Donny J. How you like it, mother ******?
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:15 AM   #253
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

If Trump does get severely ill from this, he's still Trump, so he'll have to blame someone. It must have been that there was some mistake in his treatment, perhaps even sabotage! The wrong one of three equally-valid options was taken, an injection was given a little too late or too early, the temperature in his room seemed high or low, a pillow didn't seem fresh (did it come from another infected patient?) Something.

And there will be someone - perhaps some doctor or orderly or administrator, who is found to have at some point retweeted something that wasn't completely contemptuous of Biden or liked a Facebook post that wasn't entirely hateful of Hillary, and the innuendo will begin . . .
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:15 AM   #254
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
In some ways this isn't a news story

Headline: man engaged in high risk behavior for catching infectious virus catches infectious virus
True. Although if he were something like the President of the United States, that would make things more newsworthy.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:16 AM   #255
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Right now QAnon is split between "the Democrats infected him at the debate" and "it's misinformation and Trump's quarantine is cover for his beginning of The Storm, which he will be leading personally".

And for the past two months Herman Cain has been helping him with the preparations.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:16 AM   #256
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
If Trump does get severely ill from this, he's still Trump, so he'll have to blame someone. It must have been that there was some mistake in his treatment, perhaps even sabotage! The wrong one of three equally-valid options was taken, an injection was given a little too late or too early, the temperature in his room seemed high or low, a pillow didn't seem fresh (did it come from another infected patient?) Something.

And there will be someone - perhaps some doctor or orderly or administrator, who is found to have at some point retweeted something that wasn't completely contemptuous of Biden or liked a Facebook post that wasn't entirely hateful of Hillary, and the innuendo will begin . . .
Heíll blame China and Biden (and imply they were in on it). But most of all he will blame Obama.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:18 AM   #257
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
This could be a great teachable moment for the POTUS.
... if you only had a POTUS capable of learning.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:19 AM   #258
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
It's borderline criminal that Trump was aware he was exposed to the coronavirus by Hope Hicks, who tested positive on Wed but he still traveled to a fundraiser on Thursday. "where one attendee said POTUS came in contact with about 100 people" & he was having symptoms

Don't worry, the Great Minds have already concluded that nothing Trump does can be considered criminal. He's just exercising his duties as president to decide who to infect, and when.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:20 AM   #259
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post

This isn't the time for ineffective pseudo-cures.
This is the time for demon-sperm lady!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:21 AM   #260
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Trump is really in risky territory, election aside. He has almost all the risk factors.

74 years old, male, obese, shouty, stressed, on medication.

Just not sure about his lung function, being so shouty.

Shouty is a risk factor for others, not for the shouter.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:21 AM   #261
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Heíll blame China and Biden (and imply they were in on it). But most of all he will blame Obama.
If Obama and Biden hadn't dropped the ball quite so badly on bird flu (12,500 deaths) then President Trump wouldn't have been quite so behind the 8-ball.

As it is, President Trump's incisive action to stop some people coming into the country from China in Q1 has meant that he has only a fraction of the number of fatalities (only 210,000 which is much, much lower than 12,500).
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:22 AM   #262
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Supreme Court Justice Nominee Amy Coney Barrett has tested negative for COVID-19.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...063b9922e98b00
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:23 AM   #263
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
(bolding mine)

Be assured that the looneys are on the case:
Clipboard01.jpg
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:23 AM   #264
Tero
Graduate Poster

What a dummy Trump was, getting tested. If he hadn't got tested, he would not have been infected.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:31 AM   #265
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, and Barron Trump test negative report CNN.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:32 AM   #266
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Nah, I don't want him dead. I want him on a ventilator for a few weeks left with severe lung damage. I want him to recover in time to see him recognize that he lost in a massive landslide to Biden. To survive to be convicted of tax fraud along with his spawn. For his company to go bankrupt. I want him destroyed.
This. But then he can die in an Olympic-size pool of blood and vomit, with a couple tons of flaming pig **** floating on top.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:33 AM   #267
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Little chance of Barron catching it from his father.

Other than that are you sure they weren't saying they tested negative for human DNA?
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:34 AM   #268
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
If Obama and Biden hadn't dropped the ball quite so badly on bird flu (12,500 deaths) then President Trump wouldn't have been quite so behind the 8-ball.

As it is, President Trump's incisive action to stop some people coming into the country from China in Q1 has meant that he has only a fraction of the number of fatalities (only 210,000 which is much, much lower than 12,500).
Yes it's only a fraction of 16.8/1, but don't worry, it will get larger.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:35 AM   #269
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
What a dummy Trump was, getting tested. If he hadn't got tested, he would not have been infected.
This.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:36 AM   #270
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
I think there is high chance this is a lie. Publicity stunt. He of course will have no symptoms, and he will hapily tweet from quarantine. He won't have to go to another debate. He will get some sympathy, while showing it's not that dangerous after all, as he was saying all the time. Win - win.
I read stuff like this and I just get flashbacks to quotes from early on out of Iran about how much they distrust their government leaders.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:43 AM   #271
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Hmmm....no word on Don Jr. or Eric.

Stephen Colbert had a little bit in his monologue last night where he showed a video tweet from Don Jr., and Colbert described him as looking "clearly hammered."

Maybe.....coming down with something?
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:43 AM   #272
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Some comments from Doctor Ronnie:

Quote:
He said Trump is in "incredible health", and that it could be less than 10 days before the president is testing negative for the virus and is "back to his normal style".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ost_type=share

I suppose for the literal meaning of incredible - unable to be believed - then I suppose it's right.

Quote:
"It reminds us all that he's the president of the United States, but he is a human being just like the rest of us and is also susceptible to this kind of stuff, too," Dr Jackson told BBC Radio 4’s World at One.
Hmmmmmmm......

But he clearly states what IMO is going to be the GOP position on this:

Quote:
"So if he gets past this and he remains asymptomatic, I think it will reassure a lot of folks in this country."
IOW, Covid-19 has been blown out of all proportion by the Democrats and while the illness itself is not a hoax per-se, the need to close anything down or take any extraordinary precautions have ended up creating the "Covid-19 is especially dangerous" hoax.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:57 AM   #273
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel has tested positive for Covid-19 as well.

I wonder what the Trumper segment of evangelicals are thinking right about now. If he doesn't succumb, it's God Will and their prayers will have been answered? If he succumbs, does it send a message to the faithful that Trump was removed from office by God Almighty Himself for a reason, perhaps to punish their craven unrepentant idolatry of the unworthy Orange One?
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:58 AM   #274
Tero
Graduate Poster

Twitter:
Jeff Tiedrich
@itsJeffTiedrich
10m
Replying to
@atrupar
and
@GottaLaff
you realize that with a White House that lies about everything, the president could having mild symptoms, or he could already be on a ventilator

Pretty sure Trump has bought 10 ventilators. 9 for him and 1 for Melania.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:58 AM   #275
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I know that Barron is usually an off-limits subject for discussion, but I'm glad he has not tested positive. The other kids? It is what it is.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:00 AM   #276
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Every morning since he took office, the first thing I do is check and see if he's dead.

This morning, I could barely quell my excitement. He isn't dead, yet, but this is even better. The possibility that he will suffer is high, and I am pleased.

Yes, I suppose I am just a bad person, but "I really don't care, do you"?
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:02 AM   #277
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

How long until the R's are demanding the election be postponed?
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:04 AM   #278
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
If he succumbs, does it send a message to the faithful that Trump was removed from office by God Almighty Himself for a reason, perhaps to punish their craven unrepentant idolatry of the unworthy Orange One?

If he dies, it will be "God has called him home to sit at the right hand of the Lord! We must all now vote for Pence to show our undying faith!"
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:04 AM   #279
sackett
Philosopher

The SOB will probably recover. It's still 2020, after all.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:04 AM   #280
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

GREAT NEWS!!!! Mark Meadows just confirmed Trump is symptomatic. He has mild symptoms so things could improve and he'll get worse.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics