IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , Frank Lucas , Oklahoma politics , Tim Murray

Old 28th June 2014, 07:34 AM   #1
Neutiquam Erro
mennil-toss flykune

Losing primary challenger claims winner is a replicant, or something

Apparently, the incumbent, who won the primary, was executed in the Ukraine some time ago (along with a number of other U.S. politicians), and replaced by a look-alike. This being the case, the election results are obviously invalid.

From his campaign website:

Quote:
News Person,

The election for U.S. House for Oklahoma’s 3rd District will be contested by the Candidate, Timothy Ray Murray. I will be stating that his votes are switched with Rep. Lucas votes, because it is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike. Rep. Lucas’ look alike was depicted as sentenced on a white stage in southern Ukraine on or about Jan. 11, 2011.

This is a situation similar to the Senators’ from Kentucky situation in the 2012 election. I am contesting that this matter has happen since his election was blocked, because of the U.S. Defense Department’s use of Mr. Murray’s DNA. To my knowledge, the U.S. Defense Department has not released to the public that information, as it is their confidential information about many people. Congress is likely wanting me to state that all my DNA used will not result in benefits to people I have never had relations with of a family nature. I have been bound to protect that information unless it causes harm to The People.

The contest of election and or petition will be correctly filed with county election boards and with federal offices. I, Hon. Mr. Timothy Ray Murray, fully meet all Constitutional, Federal and Oklahoma requirements for election and for holding Office if the voters’ results show that is the case.

Thank You for your service in giving Oklahomans great current news and information.

Sincerely,

Hon. Timothy Ray Murray
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the not-worth-knowing.
- H. L. Mencken
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm gonna find me a woman who won't fall apart on the witness stand.
- Tommy Womack, "Up Memphis Blues"
Neutiquam Erro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 12:20 PM   #2
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

Oh, good, that all makes sense.
Old 28th June 2014, 12:49 PM   #3
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
Oh, good, that all makes sense.
If by that you mean a rambling, rabid conspiratorial word salad ofabsolute nonsense, that is amazing in its unreadability, then I wholeheartedly agree.

Eta: I need to check, if its not been Stundied, it should be.
Eta2: ahh the world is right again. I see it has been added to the candidates for award.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 28th June 2014 at 01:03 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 01:20 PM   #4
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

I like how he completely ignores the fact that he placed third, with 5.2% of the vote, and the second-place candidate, Robert Hubbard, received 12% of the vote. No wonder he wants his votes "switched" with the incumbent's, rather than just having the incumbent disqualified.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 05:01 PM   #5
Neutiquam Erro
mennil-toss flykune

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
I like how he completely ignores the fact that he placed third, with 5.2% of the vote, and the second-place candidate, Robert Hubbard, received 12% of the vote. No wonder he wants his votes "switched" with the incumbent's, rather than just having the incumbent disqualified.
I didn't even think of that! Honestly, if he lives in a world where "we know that it is possible to use look alike artificial or manmade replacements," I don't think he's going to be tripped up by that bit of illogic.

What troubles me as much as anything is the fact that his 5.2% share of the vote represents over 3400 people.
Neutiquam Erro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 05:39 PM   #6
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness

If it was Lucas's lookalike on that white stage, when did Lucas die?
Old 28th June 2014, 09:14 PM   #7
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

I hope he has more evidence than something that is "well known." There are lots of things that are well known but wrong.
Old 29th June 2014, 01:08 AM   #8
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
I really feel for the electors involved.

What with a replicant in first, this guy in third, and a Hubbard in second....
Rincewind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2014, 07:00 AM   #9
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Just because someone is a replicant, it doesn't mean they aren't the best candidate.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2014, 08:01 AM   #10
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Just because someone is a replicant, it doesn't mean they aren't the best candidate.

And hey, if the replicant was built in the US, he'd be a citizen anyways!
Old 29th June 2014, 10:35 AM   #11
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
If by that you mean a rambling, rabid conspiratorial word salad ofabsolute nonsense, that is amazing in its unreadability, then I wholeheartedly agree.

Eta: I need to check, if its not been Stundied, it should be.
Eta2: ahh the world is right again. I see it has been added to the candidates for award.
Yeah, that's what I meant.
Old 29th June 2014, 10:43 AM   #12
Biscuit
Philosopher

Quote:
I will NEVER use Artificial Intelligence look alike to voice what

The Representative’s Office is doing nor own a robot look alike.
Now that's a stump speech!
Old 30th June 2014, 04:51 AM   #13
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

It needs to be said:
I for one welcome our new replicant overlords.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2014, 05:04 PM   #14
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Pro tip: Don't ask them about their mothers.
Old 30th June 2014, 05:25 PM   #15
billdun262
Student

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
And hey, if the replicant was built in the US, he'd be a citizen anyways!
Yeah, but he's probably not old enough to qualify for the office.
billdun262 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2014, 06:05 PM   #16
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Pro tip: Don't ask them about their mothers.
I'm finally starting to understand American politics. If the new replicant president reads the Gettysburg Address, Americans will be immediately able to impeach him for lying.

Four score and seven years ago, our fathers, brought forth on this continent.....
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories