IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , QAnon conspiracies

Old 8th November 2020, 09:58 AM   #1
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

QFS-Blockchain conspiracy

WTF is this?

Apparently there is sting operation of Trump and Intelligence that watermarked all ballots (somehow, don't ask me). Data was provided by "MD, PhD, a highly qualified US government, a Deputy Assistant Secretary of State and/or Senior Policy Planner under Secretaries Henry Kissinger" Steve Pieczenik.

Hmmm... is it just me or ballots are printed by each state separately?
Old 8th November 2020, 10:24 AM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

yes, and changed up to the last possible moment.

Only someone certain that no one is going to check any of this would make up such a stupid CT.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 11:05 AM   #3
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Can't wait for the grand revelation that apparently no real ballots at all were cast in this election.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 11:27 AM   #4
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Can't wait for the grand revelation that apparently no real ballots at all were cast in this election.
Yep, the nutters are getting more and more desperate.

Next thing we'll see is bound to be a claim that there wasn't a real election, it was all faked, and everyone who turned up at the polling stations were "crisis voters".
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 8th November 2020 at 11:32 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 12:39 PM   #5
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Yep, the nutters are getting more and more desperate.

Next thing we'll see is bound to be a claim that there wasn't a real election, it was all faked, and everyone who turned up at the polling stations were "crisis voters".
... paid for by President Pelosi, I assume.
Old 8th November 2020, 01:10 PM   #6
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
WTF is this?

Apparently there is sting operation of Trump and Intelligence that watermarked all ballots (somehow, don't ask me). Data was provided by "MD, PhD, a highly qualified US government, a Deputy Assistant Secretary of State and/or Senior Policy Planner under Secretaries Henry Kissinger" Steve Pieczenik.

Not by the state but by the county or city.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:14 PM   #7
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

WTF is this?

"Apparently". Do you at least have a source, behind this rant?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:41 PM   #8
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
"Apparently". Do you at least have a source, behind this rant?
Only sources I have are from, obviously, conspiracy websites. Here is example.
Old 8th November 2020, 04:42 PM   #9
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Or alternatively, people could just not be so lazy, and Google "QFS Blockchain election conspiracy". For me, this is the 4th result down on the page.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dhs-watermark-sting/

In effect, this conspiracy theory fails at the starting gate, because those who made it up have no ******* idea how the mechanics of US elections work. DHS would need to have to secretly infiltrated over 10,000 election administration jurisdictions, without getting caught.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 8th November 2020 at 04:50 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 06:52 PM   #10
Cavemonster
Philosopher

I expect the goal, like many things Trumpian, is to cloud the waters with quantity, not quality of conspiracy theories.

Their supporters will be left with a vague certainty he'd been robbed by a powerful deep state. People not paying attention will have a sense they heard the democrats cheated but won't remember specifics.

I don't think it's meant to actually overturn the election, but to fuel whatever his post election plans are, and to fuel the conspiracy theory centered base towards the next election.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 08:58 PM   #11
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
I expect the goal, like many things Trumpian, is to cloud the waters with quantity, not quality of conspiracy theories.

Their supporters will be left with a vague certainty he'd been robbed by a powerful deep state. People not paying attention will have a sense they heard the democrats cheated but won't remember specifics.

I don't think it's meant to actually overturn the election, but to fuel whatever his post election plans are, and to fuel the conspiracy theory centered base towards the next election.
I think I smell a book coming on how the Deep StateTM were out to get him from from the beginning of his presidency. It will include claims that he was illegally spied on, all the investigations into him were fake and hoaxes, Russian interference was a hoax and the real interference came from Ukraine, Robert Mueller was paid off by the Dems etc etc, culminating in the presidency being stolen from him, and claiming he is still the "True President"

What I hope doesn't get forgotten in all this are the enablers. People like Bill Barr, Steve Mnuchin, Mark Esper, Stephen Miller, Mark Meadows and Robert O'Brien. Their names need to be dragged through the mud, and their reputations permanently ruined. Bill Barr I would like to see impeached so that he can never again hold an office of trust.

Last edited by smartcooky; 8th November 2020 at 09:07 PM.
Old 8th November 2020, 11:11 PM   #12
Bubba
Philosopher

Blockchain?

Maybe

Maybe not

Maybe this
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 11:24 PM   #13
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Blockchain?

Maybe

Maybe not

Maybe this

Bw... bw....bw... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is just hilarious.

What a load of old cobblers. But then look at the source, Dennis Montgomery, Justice Watch and Faux News!!

ETA: Just a wee note for you Bubba, because you will almost certainly be completely ignorant of the facts around Dennis Montgomery - I doubt you even know who he is

Montgomery is the hoaxer took millions of dollars from the US Government by conning the Bush 43 administration into thinking he could detect terrorist signals in al Jazeera broadcasts. Seriously, the guy is a certifiable nutcase.

ETA2. The head of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency has called the claim about supercomputer election fraud “nonsense,” and urged Americans not to promote it.

https://twitter.com/CISAKrebs

Last edited by smartcooky; 8th November 2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 9th November 2020, 02:25 AM   #14
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

What I find interesting about this one is its sociology. Rather like some aspects of the QAnon conspiracy theory, it seems to be part of a shift in the nature of the beast. Traditionally, conspiracy theories are about the Evil Jews taking over the world, we're all too stupid to see it, and the conspiracy theorist is the only one clever enough to see the obvious signs that a five year old could comprehend. These new theories, though, have more of a Prester John feel about them, claiming that although the forces of evil may seem in the ascendant, a hidden saviour is about to take the field with overwhelming forces to save the day. It seems that conspiracy theorists are becoming so despondent that they have to fantasise that the lurkers who support them in e-mail not only exist, but are about to assume control of the process any day now. The remarkable thing about these theories, rather like doomsday cults, is that they seem to be able to survive the non-occurrence of the event they are built around predicting. No doubt when Biden enters the White House there will still be people believing that this operation genuinely took place, detected all the frauds whose existence President Trump predicted, and is about to take action at the most effective moment, which for some reason just hasn't quite arrived yet. It'll be interesting to see if this one evolves.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 03:23 AM   #15
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
These new theories, though, have more of a Prester John feel about them, claiming that although the forces of evil may seem in the ascendant, a hidden saviour is about to take the field with overwhelming forces to save the day. It seems that conspiracy theorists are becoming so despondent that ...

O course, they're despondent. Their hidden savior has been out in the open for four years now, but the forces of evil are trying to steal the election that was meant to give him another four.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 03:37 AM   #16
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

All of the Interpretations of the Q-Scripture are an attempt to reconcile the Cognitive Dissonance of what Trump fans want the world to be and what they actually observe is happening.

If Q was a therapist, they would lock him up and throw away the key, an then throw away the prison.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 03:50 AM   #17
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
What I find interesting about this one is its sociology. Rather like some aspects of the QAnon conspiracy theory, it seems to be part of a shift in the nature of the beast. Traditionally, conspiracy theories are about the Evil Jews taking over the world, we're all too stupid to see it, and the conspiracy theorist is the only one clever enough to see the obvious signs that a five year old could comprehend. These new theories, though, have more of a Prester John feel about them, claiming that although the forces of evil may seem in the ascendant, a hidden saviour is about to take the field with overwhelming forces to save the day. It seems that conspiracy theorists are becoming so despondent that they have to fantasise that the lurkers who support them in e-mail not only exist, but are about to assume control of the process any day now. The remarkable thing about these theories, rather like doomsday cults, is that they seem to be able to survive the non-occurrence of the event they are built around predicting. No doubt when Biden enters the White House there will still be people believing that this operation genuinely took place, detected all the frauds whose existence President Trump predicted, and is about to take action at the most effective moment, which for some reason just hasn't quite arrived yet. It'll be interesting to see if this one evolves.

Dave

Well, the no so "hidden saviour" is trying to use lawsuits as his "overwhelming forces"... currently, the scorecard reads 0 for 10... he's getting hammered.

Last edited by smartcooky; 9th November 2020 at 03:54 AM.
Old 9th November 2020, 04:23 AM   #18
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Well, the no so "hidden saviour" is trying to use lawsuits as his "overwhelming forces"... currently, the scorecard reads 0 for 10... he's getting hammered.
Yes, which is an interesting twist. I wonder how the conspiracists interpret this - is he, in their world, actually failing, or is he pursuing a deeply complicated strategy in which he has to appear to lose all the lawsuits initially?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 10:50 AM   #19
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

By the way, if any of you are reading the thread title and going "What is QFS?", allow me to tell you. QFS stands for "Quantum Financial System", a cryptocurrency scam peddled to conspiracy theorist-types invented by a guy named Charlie Ward, who is - not coincidentally - also the originator of this claim. He says that a second, parallel election was held using his QFS system which doesn't align with the public ballot election results and "proves" that Trump won and the above-water election was fixed, and claims this "blockchain" data is going to be used to expose the election fraud.

It's a bitcoin grift preying on Trump fans.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 10:58 AM   #20
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

By the way, if any of you are reading the thread title and going "What is QFS?", allow me to tell you. QFS stands for "Quantum Financial System", a cryptocurrency scam peddled to conspiracy theorist-types invented by a guy named Charlie Ward, who is - not coincidentally - also the originator of this claim. He says that a second, parallel election was held using his QFS system which doesn't align with the public ballot election results and "proves" that Trump won and the above-water election was fixed, and claims this "blockchain" data is going to be used to expose the election fraud.

It's a bitcoin grift preying on Trump fans.
In fact the whole Trump claim that the election was rigged is a financial scam. The Trump campaign has been sending out hundreds of emails to supporters asking for money to fight this so-called election fraud.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-...Y3RVOXWL3ZB3A/

https://twitter.com/TrumpEmail/statu...RVOXWL3ZB3A%2F

Furthermore, when you read the fine print, you find that more that half the money isn't going to paying for fighting the alleged fraud, its going to Trump himself, for paying his presidential campaign debt.

Those who respond with money are just plain too dumb to realize they are being scammed.

Last edited by smartcooky; 9th November 2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 9th November 2020, 12:20 PM   #21
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

WTF is this?

All you need to know about Pieczenik:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=299

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 12:56 PM   #22
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

delete double post

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus

Last edited by BStrong; 9th November 2020 at 12:57 PM.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 10:39 PM   #23
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

He says that a second, parallel election was held using his QFS system which doesn't align with the public ballot election results and "proves" that Trump won and the above-water election was fixed, and claims this "blockchain" data is going to be used to expose the election fraud.

Oooookay, so I can see how this was supposed to catch "illegal" voters. If you weren't properly registered to vote, you would only have one of the fake ballots, not the super-secret Bitcoin Ballots. Fine.

But the guys talking about this, who claim it's all true - did they stop to wonder why none of them got a Bitcoin Ballot? Did they all just tacitly accept that they weren't eligible for a "real" ballot?

And while we're at it: even if you believe the "millions of illegal voters" nonsense, you have to at least concede that there are tens of millions of actual, legal, eligible voters right? Wouldn't this require every one of them to have received a Bitcoin Ballot, in addition to receiving one of all those Fake Ballots that were publicly being counted?

Wouldn't this make this the largest conspiracy in history, in terms of the number of people who, of necessity, would have to have known about it, but kept quiet?
Old 10th November 2020, 05:19 AM   #24
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Oooookay, so I can see how this was supposed to catch "illegal" voters. If you weren't properly registered to vote, you would only have one of the fake ballots, not the super-secret Bitcoin Ballots. Fine.

But the guys talking about this, who claim it's all true - did they stop to wonder why none of them got a Bitcoin Ballot? Did they all just tacitly accept that they weren't eligible for a "real" ballot?

And while we're at it: even if you believe the "millions of illegal voters" nonsense, you have to at least concede that there are tens of millions of actual, legal, eligible voters right? Wouldn't this require every one of them to have received a Bitcoin Ballot, in addition to receiving one of all those Fake Ballots that were publicly being counted?

Wouldn't this make this the largest conspiracy in history, in terms of the number of people who, of necessity, would have to have known about it, but kept quiet?
STOP. BEING. REASONABLE. It doesn't work like that. See the sparkly lights?

Old 10th November 2020, 11:49 AM   #25
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post

Whether it not it would work if implemented is not really what's relevant. What IS relevant is that it would be nigh on impossible to implement in the first place.

The whole conspiracy theory is based on some agency having got access to the process of printing ballots and substituting watermarked paper for whatever was being used. If ballot papers were produced at some central location for the whole country, then it just might be feasible, but they are not. US ballots are produced by state and county election officials at over 10,000 locations across the country. A DNS sting operation would have needed to secretly gain access to all of them, without being detected.

Whoever made up this BS CT lacks a fundamental understanding of how US election ballots are produced and managed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN27N0GN

Chris Krebs, director of the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the federal agency responsible for protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure from cyber threats, has ruled out any possibility that this could have happened...

In what he called a “Rumor Control Update,” Krebs said, “Don’t fall for these efforts to confuse & undermine confidence in the election!” He explained that social media posts claiming that “DHS or CISA printed paper ballots with security measures and is auditing results as a countermeasure against ballot counterfeiting” were baseless. In reality, he wrote, “The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) do not design or audit ballots, which are processes managed by state and local election officials.”
Old 11th November 2020, 07:08 AM   #26
RolandRat
Muse

One of the comments from there:

"I believe that there was a secret mission set up by Trump last year. He has been talking about voter fraud for a long time, and throughout this year. A light bulb went off in my head and it dawned on me, that COVID was secretly used as a weapon against us by China, through the Democratic party, to secure a Democratic victory in the 2020 election., and simultaneously set up a global pandemic in conjunction with the WHO..which people I'm sure realize by now.

The thing is though, Trump has prepared for Nov 3 since his first day in office..I believe the name COVID-19 is a secret code that stands for Covert Operation Voter Identification and it was set up last year in 2019. It is Trump's counter-attack against the deep state and against their attempts to remove him from office via voter fraud...What do you think?"

RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2020, 08:42 AM   #27
SteveAitch
Thinker

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
One of the comments from there:

"I believe that there was a secret mission set up by Trump last year. He has been talking about voter fraud for a long time, and throughout this year. A light bulb went off in my head and it dawned on me, that COVID was secretly used as a weapon against us by China, through the Democratic party, to secure a Democratic victory in the 2020 election., and simultaneously set up a global pandemic in conjunction with the WHO..which people I'm sure realize by now.

The thing is though, Trump has prepared for Nov 3 since his first day in office..I believe the name COVID-19 is a secret code that stands for Covert Operation Voter Identification and it was set up last year in 2019. It is Trump's counter-attack against the deep state and against their attempts to remove him from office via voter fraud...What do you think?"

Er, COVID is a Chinese thing, but Donald got to name it? Huh?
SteveAitch is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2020, 09:15 AM   #28
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
Yep.
Plans COVID 1 to 18 all failed, though COVID 11 had some interesting results.
Old 11th November 2020, 09:29 AM   #29
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
No, apparently there are two secret plans, one against Trump and one for Trump. That they have exactly same codename is probably coincidence.
Old 18th November 2020, 08:34 AM   #30
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Yep.
Plans COVID 1 to 18 all failed, though COVID 11 had some interesting results.
No, apparently there are two secret plans, one against Trump and one for Trump. That they have exactly same codename is probably coincidence.

There's not enough Ds in your chess!

Trump sent the team of American doctors into CHI-na to "help" the CHI-knees "engineer" a virus. But instead of helping them engineer a virus that would kill 2 million Americans, they made it so it would only kill 250,000 Americans, thus saving millions of lives! Then Trump "pulled" the doctors out of CHY-nA! so they wouldn't be in danger when CHIIIIIIna found out they'd been duped.

Trump then tricked them into using the name COVID just so they'd know they'd been duped!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories