IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Bernie Sanders , election conspiracies , hillary clinton

Old 27th May 2016, 03:01 PM   #161
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axiom_Blade View Post
This is getting confusing. So, if I vote for Trump, then who am I voting for?

Many of Bernie's supporters have sworn they will never vote for Hillary. Would you rather have them vote for Trump or Jill Stein?
Now you are being disingenuous.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2016, 03:06 PM   #162
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Trump is way too unpopular to get elected. Look at the favourability polls! He is finished.

Trump's pulling even? Who cares, the polls are meaningless at this stage.
You know ,angrysoba, I am now convinced you WANT Trump to win because it will confirm all you negative opinions about Americans.
Just remember, if Trump wins and pulls America down the drainpipe, the vacuum created will suck a great many countries down with it.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2016, 08:04 AM   #163
Fudbucker
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Nope. Not yet. These things always take me by surprise down the road when I discover that other people have issues with them. I'm always shocked that anyone would care.
Remember, YOUR'RE the one trying to defend your preferred candidate. Generally, when a candidate engages in behavior that people look down on, a defense of "why do you care?" doesn't cut it.

YOU may not care that Clinton wears puppy-skin slippers to bed, but you should be cognizant of the fact that most people do.
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2016, 10:04 AM   #164
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I wonder how many times the news has reported small leads in the national polls between Clinton and Trump or Bernie as a "statistical tie" while reversed numbers with either Sanders or Trump ahead by one or two points is reported as, "closing the gap" or, more often, "pulling ahead"?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2016, 08:59 PM   #165
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
Remember, YOUR'RE the one trying to defend your preferred candidate. Generally, when a candidate engages in behavior that people look down on, a defense of "why do you care?" doesn't cut it.

YOU may not care that Clinton wears puppy-skin slippers to bed, but you should be cognizant of the fact that most people do.
Other people are stupid then.

When a politician lies about policy, I care. When a politician steals from the government, I care. When a politician pushes through policy that is ruinous and will cause great injury, I care.

What is wrong with how I do this?

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2016, 07:14 PM   #166
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
On the other hand I am pretty sure mainlining dog blood would eliminate her from further existence.
Only one way to find out ...
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics