IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , joe biden , Trump conspiracies

Old 1st December 2020, 07:51 PM   #121
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Another revision:

Looks like Trump goes down to 74.4 million votes, and Biden goes up to 81.4 million votes,
for a difference of 7 million votes.
Old 1st December 2020, 07:56 PM   #122
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

The anger here is palpable. Worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/jLi-Yo6IucQ
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 08:25 PM   #123
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post

"Mr President, tell your supporters, 'don't be violent..."

That would be a 4 year first, or maybe given all Trump's adult life that would be a first.

Trump has no shame but his supporters in the Congress should be ashamed. Mitch McConnell should be shunned.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 1st December 2020 at 08:26 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 08:33 PM   #124
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Well said, Mr. Sterling.
Old 1st December 2020, 08:38 PM   #125
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
"WHERE IS MY ROY COHN !!!!"
Burning in hell? Guess that doesn't help Trump any.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 09:06 PM   #126
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Wow.

And it's about time.

ETA: It's not getting enough coverage.

Last edited by Meadmaker; 1st December 2020 at 09:12 PM.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 10:07 PM   #127
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

This is what happens when free speech rights issue death threats trumps the victims rights not be be threatened.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 02:45 AM   #128
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Anger because now Trump & co are also threatening "real Americans"?

I mean, the "lock her up", "2nd amendment solutions", "treason" talk, have been going on for years.
Now he's angry? Now he sees that's not OK.

Better this guy than the sycophants who still follow Trump (yes, Ted Cruz, you too), but really, nothing Trump and co are doing now should come as surprise to anyone.
Old 2nd December 2020, 03:17 AM   #129
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
What if all this was handled in a much simpler way? Voting on paper ballots with machines doing only the counting and sorting of all the different bubbles..
As I understand it, that is exactly what Dominion does. You vote electronically but the result is a paper ballet. That way, there are no smudge marks, sloppy filling in of ovals, etc. The voter gets to check that the paper ballot does, in fact, represent his/her vote before it is turned in. It's the best of modern electronics with the verification ability by paper.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 03:22 AM   #130
SezMe
post-pre-born

The guillotine would be pretty good I'd think but then you have to wonder if the head is conscious and actually thinking something.
Actually, you don't. Loss of conscientiousness is virtually instantaneous.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 03:41 AM   #131
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post

I mean, the "lock her up", "2nd amendment solutions", "treason" talk, have been going on for years.

Better this guy than the sycophants who still follow Trump (yes, Ted Cruz, you too), but really, nothing Trump and co are doing now should come as surprise to anyone.
Many of us, even some who are not even Americans, predicted all this over two years ago, and we were roundly mocked at the time by the forum's Trumpistas.

Not that predicting any of this was a very high bar to get over - everything happening now was easy to see coming for anyone who was actually paying attention to what the GOP and Trump were doing. Instead, they spent their time contorting themselves with pretzel logic to defend Dear Leader and his disciples.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd December 2020 at 03:43 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 03:45 AM   #132
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

As you say their "surprise" is rather revealing.
Old 2nd December 2020, 05:22 AM   #133
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump retweeted

The Epoch Times
@EpochTimes
The #Nevada Native Vote Project posted photos on #Facebook on #ElectionDay of smiling #Voters holding $25 gift cards after handing over their #Ballots.

The posts have since been deleted but not before they were archived
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 05:23 AM   #134
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Fake News refuses to report this!
Quote Tweet

Catherine Herridge
@CBS_Herridge
#Election2020results From a DOJ spokesperson: “Some media outlets have incorrectly reported that the Department has concluded its investigation of election fraud and announced an affirmative finding of no fraud in the election. That is not what the Associated Press reported nor

what the Attorney General stated. The Department will continue to receive and vigorously pursue all specific and credible allegations of fraud as expeditiously as possible.”
@ClareHymes22 @CBSNews
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 05:25 AM   #135
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets
Rigged Election. Show signatures and envelopes. Expose the massive voter fraud in Georgia. What is Secretary of State and @BrianKempGA afraid of. They know what we’ll find!!!
Quote Tweet

Brendan Keefe
@BrendanKeefe
"It. Has. All. Gone. Too. Far," says @GabrielSterling with Georgia Sec of State after a Dominion tech's life was threatened with a noose. "Mr. President, you have not condemned these actions or this language....all of you who have not said a damn word are complicit in this."
Old 2nd December 2020, 05:26 AM   #136
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Matt Braynard
@MattBraynard
As I said on @LouDobbs, if the issues we raised are not resolved, the nation cannot have confidence that @JoeBiden is the deserved winner.
If he is inaugurated under these circumstances, he cannot be considered "president" but instead referred to as the #presidentialoccupant.

Lou Dobbs
@LouDobbs
Illegal Votes: Former @realDonaldTrump data strategist @mattbraynard discovers thousands of illegally cast mail-in ballots and hands over evidence of electoral fraud to the FBI. #MAGA #AmericaFirst #Dobb
Old 2nd December 2020, 06:28 AM   #137
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
I'm opposed to capital punishment as a rule. But here in Utah, firing squad has always been an option for those sentenced to death, and it has been employed. I'm told, but cannot confirm, that the reason is because Mormon religious teaching says that murder can only be atoned for by shedding the murderer's blood, which does not always literally occur with other modes of execution.

Anyway, in a firing squad, one rifle out of the four or five designated for the job is randomly loaded with a blank, the so-called "conscience round." This gives the rifleman the option to believe that he fired the blank and so did not contribute to the execution of the condemned.
Actually, it only gives him the opportunity to claim he fired the blank. I believe no rifleman of any experience will be in doubt whether he fired a blank or a live round.

Hans
Old 2nd December 2020, 06:48 AM   #138
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

If we are worried about the psychological effect of performing executions, instead of trying to get around it, we should confront whether it is a good idea in the first place.

I'll echo a sentiment from above--whether someone deserves death is a different question than whether it's a good idea to empower the government to order it, and task someone with performing it.

gnome is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 07:10 AM   #139
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningFolk when I moved posts from the previous thread about the 2020 election to this new thread I simply grabbed the last couple of pages of posts so I didn't know that Skeptic Ginger had posted off topic regarding Trump and federal executions. Please don't continue that conversation in this thread - either take it to an appropriate ongoing thread or start a new thread.
Posted By:Darat
Old 2nd December 2020, 08:34 AM   #140
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
If we are worried about the psychological effect of performing executions, instead of trying to get around it, we should confront whether it is a good idea in the first place.

I'll echo a sentiment from above--whether someone deserves death is a different question than whether it's a good idea to empower the government to order it, and task someone with performing it.
Indeed. It is not too hard to find some that don't seem to deserve to live, but that is not the real question. The real question is, do they deserve that society gets their blood on our hands? Do they deserve the we occasionally execute someone who did NOT deserve it? (And you know that this will happen).

Hans
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:19 AM   #141
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted

Matt Braynard
@MattBraynard
As I said on @LouDobbs, if the issues we raised are not resolved, the nation cannot have confidence that @JoeBiden is the deserved winner.
If he is inaugurated under these circumstances, he cannot be considered "president" but instead referred to as the #presidentialoccupant.

Lou Dobbs
@LouDobbs
Illegal Votes: Former @realDonaldTrump data strategist @mattbraynard discovers thousands of illegally cast mail-in ballots and hands over evidence of electoral fraud to the FBI. #MAGA #AmericaFirst #Dobb
Gotta love the way they assume the right to speak for "the nation" in demanding that the issues they themselves raise be resolved to a satisfaction that won't have any more defined a standard than their satisfaction. There's just something so CT about that- "prove to me that two steel skyscrapers could collapse due to nothing but fire!" by people who would never accept any reasonable rebuttal to such silliness.

But you go ahead, Matt and Lou- you refer to Biden after Jan 20 as "presidential occupant" instead of "President" as if that will make any real world difference, because, newsflash- it won't.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 2nd December 2020 at 10:37 AM. Reason: grammar
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:29 AM   #142
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Gotta love the way they assume the right to speak for "the nation" in demanding that the issues they themselves raise be resolved to a satisfaction that won't have any more defined a standard than their satisfaction. There's just something so CT about that- "prove to me that two steel skyscrapers could collapse due to nothing but fire!" by people who would never accept any any reasonable rebuttal to such silliness.

But you go ahead, Matt and Lou- you refer to Biden after Jan 20 as "presidential occupant" instead of "President" as if that will make any real world difference, because, newsflash- it won't.
The habit of projection of this entire Trump Admin has reached new heights with the current level of "snowflake" we're seeing post election.
The vids of teary Trumpkins are especially heartwarming.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:57 AM   #143
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Is such a statement covered by the 1st amendment?
Really more of a 2nd amendment solution.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:09 AM   #144
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets
Big voter fraud hearings today in the Great State of Michigan. This election is a far bigger scandal (FRAUD!) than anyone would have thought - not even close. Watch today!
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:09 AM   #145
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweets

PlayTheTrumpCard High voltage sign Legal Votes Only Please
@PlaysTrumpCard
Without 1 shred of actual evidence that @realDonaldTrump did anything wrong, the DOJ went ballistic on him.
Did a Normandy invasion on Roger Stone. Collected every byte of data from anyone associated.
Now 100's of witnesses detailing vote fraud, & DOJ sees nothing.
get it?
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:17 AM   #146
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
... and then the pieces should be horsewhipped.
Originally Posted by DentArthurDent
"I’ll have you hung, drawn and quartered! And whipped! And boiled*…*until*…*until*…*until you’ve had enough."
“And then I will do it again!” ..... “And when I’ve finished I will take all the little bits, and I will jump on them!”
Or there's the fate of Brunhilda....
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:21 AM   #147
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Ohh don't leave it hanging:

"...until I get blisters, or I can think of something even more unpleasant to do!"

gnome is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:31 AM   #148
catsmate
No longer the 1

I do think Dominion is an ominous-sounding name for a company that sells election software. It has a totalitarian feel to it. ClearVote or something might be better. Something bland and transparent-sounding.
Rather biblical.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:35 AM   #149
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Christians believe a LOT of stuff that isn't in the Bible.
Like that Premillennialism nonsense...
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:03 PM   #150
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets
Big voter fraud hearings today in the Great State of Michigan. This election is a far bigger scandal (FRAUD!) than anyone would have thought - not even close. Watch today!

I'm guessing that this "hearing" will be like the last one, a press conference in a hotel.
Armitage72 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:33 PM   #151
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
I'm guessing that this "hearing" will be like the last one, a press conference in a hotel.
Yep. "Hearings" implies legal stuff, like witnesses testifying under oath, and lawyers doing lawyer things, both in a venue that can impose penalties for shortcomings in either area. These "hearings" are, as you say, more like press conferences- there's no penalty for inaccuracies, incompetence, or lack of evidence, which is probably the reason for the preference for a setting where show is valued over substance. If you don't actually have any evidence, it's usually best to perform where it's not required.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:34 PM   #152
catsmate
No longer the 1

"...until I get blisters, or I can think of something even more unpleasant to do!"
Sorry/
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:42 PM   #153
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Actually, you don't. Loss of conscientiousness is virtually instantaneous.
I suppose a disembodied head would cease to be punctilious, yes. Wouldn't pay taxes, serve on juries, or do anything a conscientious citizen would.

ETA: Didn't see this if it has been raised in the thread, but Sidney Powell's charged in a lawsuit that extensive voter fraud can be absolutely proved in the case of Edison County, Michigan. There is one problem with that.

Last edited by Spektator; 2nd December 2020 at 12:47 PM.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:47 PM   #154
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Just don't threaten the comfy chair. That would be going too far!
Old 2nd December 2020, 01:05 PM   #155
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I know this was days ago, but I'm wondering if there will be more lawsuits from donors.

Not like the one linked, where he is just pissing about the results and access, but by those who donated to help investigate claims of fraud only to find out later that Trump (and those running the PACs) knew all along that there was no voter fraud.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 01:09 PM   #156
malbui
Beauf

There is some absolute comedy gold in the Michigan "hearing". Rhinestones. 85 degrees. Obama's reign of destruction.
Old 2nd December 2020, 01:20 PM   #157
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Just because...

Explaining #WhereIsGinaHaspel

Quote:
A QANon rooted conspiracy theory, endorsed by Representative Louie Gohmert, claims that about a week ago the United States Army (or sometimes it’s Navy Seals) conducted a raid on Dominion Software servers in Frankfort Germany. For some reason, they often misspell Haspel's name as "Hasple" when pushing the theory.
It was a violent raid that was resisted by Haspel’s bodyguards. Haspel tried to resist the raid because she was secretly in league with the myriad Deep State forces that rigged the election against Trump. The truth was supposedly at this location in Frankfort, so having somehow gotten advance notice of the raid she went there, rounded up some bodyguards and tried to defend the location.
Alas, resistance was futile and the Army (or whatever) forces overcame Haspel's forces. In the shootout Haspel was killed. Another variant of the story claims she was injured and whisked off to Gitmo where she is being charged with treason and is "singing like a canary."
The conspiracy theory concludes that the Army (or whoever) has the proof of election rigging seized in this raid (along with Haspel's confession) and that Trump is preparing to announce all this along with imposing martial law to secure his position until there can be a new election.
Old 2nd December 2020, 01:23 PM   #158
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
These "hearings" are, as you say, more like press conferences- there's no penalty for inaccuracies, incompetence, or lack of evidence, which is probably the reason for the preference for a setting where show is valued over substance.
I think of them more as happeningsWP than hearings. They're basically malignant performance art.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2020, 04:37 PM   #159
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

In Arizona, it turns out that 3% of the votes cast in the 100 count vote sampling were tainted or worse. This would be, if carried forward, approximately 90,000 votes more than we would need to win the State. Now we were granted a much larger sample to work with. Wow!

HAPPENING NOW! @OANN
Quote Tweet

One America News
@OANN
#TODAY: President Trump's legal team is set to hold a hearing in Mich. on election integrity. @OANN will provide full coverage starting at 6 p.m. EST / 3 p.m PST! #OANN
Old 2nd December 2020, 04:38 PM   #160
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Arizona Republican Party
@AZGOP
In today's update, Chairwoman @kelliwardaz announces the findings from our investigation of 100 duplicate ballots, in which TWO votes were discovered to have been altered and removed from President @realDonaldTrump's total.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories