ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags aliens , UFO incidents , ufos

Reply
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:22 PM   #321
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
You're just a source of entertainment now.

7 inch diameter circles?

7 inches, equally spaced and radioactive.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:26 PM   #322
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 12,131
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Thank you! And, it is time to get this back on track.

It is clear the objects the Navy pilots encountered were not balloons nor aircraft and the objects exhibited extreme maneuvers far beyond anything known to mankind, which simply means that if the objects that exhibited such advanced maneuvers are not those of mankind, then they came from somewhere else.
It does not follow that they had to be extraterrestrials. Your arguments haven't gotten any more sophisticated in 20+ years.
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:29 PM   #323
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,295
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
53470, E-6.

I served 4 years (1967-71) and got out and went to work for the U.S. Navy as a civil servant where I worked on submarines in California for 18 months whereas, I received my appointment as an Air Reserve Technician (ART) at Travis AFB. I was not only an airframe technician, but I also flew as a DCC assistant (1983-84) on the C-5A transport as well. My aircraft, on one mission in the Pacific, was involved in flying recovery gear from Subic Bay, Philippines to Yokota AB, Japan in support for the recovery of Korean Flt 007, which was shot down by the Soviets. We were flying a typical 'Round Robin' mission in the Pacific and were at Clark airbase, Philippines for crew rest when we got word to fly down to Subic Bay.

As an Air Reserve technician (ART) at Travis, my civilian and military positions were combined and after my retirements, I became employed with defense contractors at Travis AFB, and at the Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD) where I was involved in the overhauling and modifying of the Army's helicopters and went into permanent retirement two months after bin Laden was killed.

I find it interesting that Travis AFB ( Fairfield-Suisun Army Air Base) is mentioned on multiple occasions in Project Blue Book.
So what does the link to the article about the Tuskegee Airman have to do with you and what does it have to do with UFO's?
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:33 PM   #324
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,771
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
7 inches, equally spaced and radioactive.
No. You are repeating your debunked lies again.

PC Brian Cresswell : (Inspected the rabbit scrapings) "There were three marks in the area which did not follow a set pattern. The impression made by these marks were of no depth and could have been made by an animal.”
https://drdavidclarke.co.uk/secret-f...ecret-files-4/

"Forester Vince Thurkettle – who lived in the forest at the time of the incident – also visited the landing site about six weeks later after hearing rumours about a UFO landing. He too was left unimpressed by what he saw. Thurkettle said the three depressions found by the USAF airmen in the clearing resembled holes produced by burrowing animals."
https://drdavidclarke.co.uk/secret-f...ecret-files-4/

"As for the radiation detected at the “landing site” three independent scientific experts, including the makers of the Geiger counter, have since stated there was nothing unusual in the levels recorded by Halt’s team in the forest. They were simply background levels that would be expected in a pine forest."

Make us laugh. Tell us what the comparative background radiation in the forest was? You haven't got a clue, do you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg landing marks 2.jpg (26.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg landing marks.jpg (141.7 KB, 4 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:14 PM   #325
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 4,852
I think we're seeing a perfect example of pig wrestling.
__________________
Normal in a weird way.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 01:04 AM   #326
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 82,066
How come the aliens have changed their approach these days? They have to have done so since we simply don’t have all the high quality photo and video captures we would have today if they were still behaving like they did just 20 years ago.
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:22 AM   #327
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,955
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Thank you! And, it is time to get this back on track.

It is clear the objects the Navy pilots encountered were not balloons nor aircraft and the objects exhibited extreme maneuvers far beyond anything known to mankind, which simply means that if the objects that exhibited such advanced maneuvers are not those of mankind, then they came from somewhere else.


By "encountered" do you mean anything more than "made visual contact with but failed to close with"? I mean, in what (evidenced) ways is this different from cases where pilots mistake a celestial object for an aircraft?

And when you talk about "the objects" extreme manoeuvres, are you now talking about the Aegis contact instead and just assuming that phenomenon, whatever it was, was the same thing as the visual contact?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:33 AM   #328
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,479
Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
I think we're seeing a perfect example of pig wrestling.
I think its more than that... its a combination of pig wrestling and pigeon chess.

IMO skyeagle409 has no idea of the meaning of evidence when it comes to Flying Saucers.

► Old and repeatedly debunked newspaper clippings are not evidence
► Unidentified things in the sky are not evidence
► Interviews taken 20+ years after the fact when the witnesses were pre-teens are not evidence
► Links to Flying Saucer nutjob websites are not evidence
► His bare, unsupported assertions are not evidence
__________________
► 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists; 12 Apollo astronauts really did walk on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald,who acted alone.
► Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed. - Jay Utah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.

Last edited by smartcooky; 4th January 2018 at 03:28 AM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 01:28 PM   #329
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
How come the aliens have changed their approach these days? They have to have done so since we simply don’t have all the high quality photo and video captures we would have today if they were still behaving like they did just 20 years ago.

In regard to the Navy's UFO encounter, this image is clear enough to see that the craft is not a balloon nor an airplane and notice the glow around the craft.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asset...xlarge-169.jpg


The maneuvers described by one of the pilots excludes mankind as the owner of those objects by the fact we have no such vehicles capable of such extreme maneuvers and that is one reason why the USAF concluded that the objects in question are not of this earth.

Last edited by Agatha; 4th January 2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: rule 5. Do not hotlink
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 01:45 PM   #330
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 12,131
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
In regard to the Navy's UFO encounter, this image is clear enough to see that the craft is not a balloon nor an airplane and notice the glow around the craft.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asset...xlarge-169.jpg


The maneuvers described by one of the pilots excludes mankind as the owner of those objects by the fact we have no such vehicles capable of such extreme maneuvers and that is one reason why the USAF concluded that the objects in question are not of this earth.

Aubrey, is this related to the original claim of UFOs in this thread?

For the last time, there is no one in the USAF who has the qualifications to conclude that the UFOs are not of this Earth.

You gave me your best FOIA documents you had more than 20 years ago. Nobody was able to conclude that you had proved the ET hypothesis.
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave

Last edited by John Jones; 4th January 2018 at 01:48 PM.
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 01:47 PM   #331
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
IMO skyeagle409 has no idea of the meaning of evidence when it comes to Flying Saucers.
Wrong!!

Quote:
► Old and repeatedly debunked newspaper clippings are not evidence

Wrong again because you can obtain copies of the news articles including articles where the Air Force ordered its pilots to shoot down flying saucers, even documents and letters where balloon scientist reported tracking flying saucers and in one case, as the objects hovered 200 miles above the earth and that was years before mankind sent the first spacecraft into orbit.

http://3s9h7h3y0i6u2n9j4h5vgkf1-wpen...52-225x300.jpg


Quote:
► Unidentified things in the sky are not evidence

In many cases, they are, such as radar/visual encounters and optical and other data our deep space surveillance assets have proven.


Quote:
► Interviews taken 20+ years after the fact when the witnesses were pre-teens are not evidence

You need to understand that it doesn't make any difference when the reports were made or who made them just as long as the reports are accurate.


Quote:
► Links to Flying Saucer nutjob websites are not evidence

In my case, it does because much of what I post can be obtained under the FOIA from the National Archives and other government sources and thanks to the FOIA, the U.S. Army revealed its Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit (IPU).

Speaking of 'nutjobs' let's remember that UFO skeptics allowed themselves to be duped by the Air Force over its 47-year weather balloon story, which believers knew was false because it wouldn't have taken a large group of military personnel to recover a single weather balloon after posting roadblocks. HINT!

How did UFO skeptics feel when the Air Force trashed its Roswell weather balloon story in 1994? In that regard, that was strike one. Strike two came when UFO skeptics allowed themselves to be duped by the Air Force again when it managed to convinced them that its replacement for its weather balloon story was a Project Mogul balloon flight #4 that never was, and that according to Project Mogul balloon records. And, strike three came when the Air Force duped UFO skeptics in 1997 after the Air Force claimed that alien bodies people saw in 1947, were test dummies from 'Operation High Dive' which didn't begin operations until the 1950's, which told me that UFO skeptics are not in the habit of doing homework.

The Air Force depends upon ignorance to get its false claims accepted by closed-minded UFO skeptics who are not in the habit of doing homework or doing it properly when they do.


Quote:
► His bare, unsupported assertions are not evidence

In my case, they are because I do my homework and it is very clear that you don't.

.

Last edited by Agatha; 4th January 2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: rule 5. Do not hotlink / fix quote tags
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 01:53 PM   #332
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster
 
Delphic Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,404


This is where the tapatalk signature that annoys people used to be
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:03 PM   #333
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 12,131
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
IMO skyeagle409 has no idea of the meaning of evidence when it comes to Flying Saucers.
[...]
.
He's right, Aubrey. You don't have a clue. I've been watching you for 20 plus years.
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave

Last edited by Agatha; 4th January 2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: fix quote tags
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:04 PM   #334
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,771
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
In regard to the Navy's UFO encounter, this image is clear enough to see that the craft is not a balloon nor an airplane and notice the glow around the craft.
That isn't the video taken by Commander David Fravor. That image is from the the video created for the To the Stars Academy launch in October 2016.

You have the wrong video.

The original UFO video that appeared on You Tube in 2007 is here.

https://www.metabunk.org/2004-uss-ni...footage.t9190/
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:06 PM   #335
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,771
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
I do my homework and it is very clear that you don't. .
You have the wrong video.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:07 PM   #336
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post

For the last time, there is no one in the USAF who has the qualifications to conclude that the UFOs are not of this Earth.

I disagree. Look how much as been revealed over the past 20 years from around the world in regard to UFOs. Take a look at the COMETA report.

Quote:
What Scientist Have Observed, Documented, And Have Stated

A strange object, seen by everyone present, had crossed the path of the balloon. The instrument man, confused, had followed it. Swiftly, one of the scientists grabbed the theodolite and began tracking the missile.

An accurate plot of the object's course was recorded. Analyzing this data later, I can state definitely that:

1. The object, viewed in cross section, was elliptical in shape.

2. It was about 105 feet in diameter.

3. It was flying at an altitude of approximately 56 miles. (This was determined by a ballistics expert. An object at a lower altitude on this particular bright day could not have fitted the data taken. For security reasons, I cannot go deeper into this method of calculating altitude.)

4. Its speed was about 5 miles per second.

5. At the end of its trajectory, it swerved abruptly upward, altering its angle of elevation by 5 degrees -- corresponding to an increase in altitude of about 25 miles -- in a period of 10 seconds. Rough calculation indicates that a force of more that 20 G's (20 times the pull of gravity) would be required to produce this elevation in this time.

6. The object was visible for 60 seconds.

7. It disappeared at an elevation of 29 degrees.

http://www.nicap.org/true-mc.htm


MANEUVERED MOTION AND "INTELLIGENT CONTROL

Following the nearly year-long 1952 UFO sighting wave in which there were repeated instances of jet interceptors chasing after UFOs that also showed on radar, the Central Intelligence Agency convened the so-called Robertson Panel to evaluate the data. Among the presentations made to the scientific panel was one by Dewey J. Fournet (USAF, Ret.) who had worked with scientific analysts conducting a rigorous motion analysis study of hardcore unexplained cases.

Edward J. Ruppelt, former Chief of the Air Force Project Blue Book investigation, later reported that the study was "very hot and very controversial...[it] was hot because it wasn't official and the reason it wasn't official was because it was so hot. It concluded that UFOs were interplanetary spaceships."

Air Force analysts had reached this conclusion before. Project Sign in 1948 had issued a Top Secret Estimate of the Situation drawing the same conclusion. (Hall, 1964, p. 110) But both times outside scientific consultants, on the basis of what were arguably superficial and excessively skeptical reviews, disputed the conclusion. (Hall, 1988, pp. 155-163)

Many of these jet interception cases included a sort of "cat-and-mouse" behavior on the part of the UFOs, pulling away from the pursuing jets and then slowing down until they caught up again. This behavior has been repeated throughout the history of UFOs, and is one of the many indicators of intelligence behind the phenomenon. Case after case can be cited of UFOs apparently playing interactive games with (a) military aircraft

http://www.nicap.org/eth/motionstudy_ruppelt_orig.htm

.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 4th January 2018 at 02:15 PM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 04:25 PM   #337
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,955
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
In regard to the Navy's UFO encounter, this image is clear enough to see that the craft is not a balloon nor an airplane and notice the glow around the craft.





http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asset...xlarge-169.jpg








The maneuvers described by one of the pilots excludes mankind as the owner of those objects by the fact we have no such vehicles capable of such extreme maneuvers and that is one reason why the USAF concluded that the objects in question are not of this earth.

If only you could show that the image was genuinely from a Navy UFO encounter, that the object in the centre of that image was the thing being described in the accompanying audio or that the USAF had expressed any opinion on the object in that video then you might have a point. But it seems you can't establish any of those things as fact. It doesn't appear that any of them are facts.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 04:26 PM   #338
Agatha
Winking at the Moon
Moderator
 
Agatha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 12,560
Mod Warning Please can participants remember that hotlinking is not permitted. That means that you must not wrap images in [img] tags unless they come from an image sharing site such as imgur or flickr, or a site that gives express and explicit permission for their images to be hotlinked.
Posted By:Agatha
__________________
Why can't you be more like Agatha? - Loss Leader
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 05:50 PM   #339
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,404
Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Darn I knew that had to be it!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 08:33 PM   #340
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,220
Well, Skyeagle, if aliens really are flying around, what next? What are you going to do about it? Right now, you're just posting on an obscure internet forum (all fora are obscure, come to that). Why aren't you grabbing generals and politicians by the lapels and demanding action? action! ACTION!!!!

What kind of action? Hell, I don't know. You're the ufoologist, you tell me.
__________________
Fill the seats of justice with good men; not so absolute in goodness as to forget what human frailty is. -- Thomas Jefferson

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 11:21 PM   #341
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,479
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Wrong again because you can obtain copies of the news articles including articles where the Air Force ordered its pilots to shoot down flying saucers, even documents and letters where balloon scientist reported tracking flying saucers and in one case, as the objects hovered 200 miles above the earth and that was years before mankind sent the first spacecraft into orbit.

In many cases, they are, such as radar/visual encounters and optical and other data our deep space surveillance assets have proven.
They are evidence of unidentified aerial phenomena.... they are NOT, repeat, EMPHATICALLY, NOT evidence of extraterrestrial spacecraft.

All you have done so far in this thread is provide evidence of things in the sky that have not yet been identified. You have NOT provided any evidence that these phenomena are in any way connected with aliens


Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
In my case, it does
You are not so special that you can ignore the rules of debate... you can't even keep your lies straight.

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
How did UFO skeptics feel when the Air Force trashed its Roswell weather balloon story in 1994? In that regard, that was strike one. Strike two came when UFO skeptics allowed themselves to be duped by the Air Force again when it managed to convinced them that its replacement for its weather balloon story was a Project Mogul balloon flight #4 that never was, and that according to Project Mogul balloon records. And, strike three came when the Air Force duped UFO skeptics in 1997 after the Air Force claimed that alien bodies people saw in 1947, were test dummies from 'Operation High Dive' which didn't begin operations until the 1950's, which told me that UFO skeptics are not in the habit of doing homework.
The objects recovered on the Foster ranch near Roswell were parts of a Project Mogul Balloon Train. This is a verified fact. If you think otherwise, you have to explain how it is that many of the recovered parts, as well as parts that were recalled by the witesses, were en exact match for a Signal Corps ML-307B RAWIN target.

the balsa sticks,
the ‘tinfoil,’
the reinforcing tape with pinkish-purple flowers
the patches of a smelly, smoky gray, rubber-like material
the eyelets,
the tough paper,
the four-inch-diameter aluminium rings
the black battery box

All these materials were used in the NYU balloon flight trains, and those same materials were identified by independent witnesses at Roswell. Charles B. Moore participated in the manufacture of over 100 of these targets, and he recognised them for what they were.

Any suggestion that the wreckage in General Ramey’s office was just a weather balloon switched for the “real debris,” is just pure bunkum. Prof. Moore pointed out that the radar targets used by NYU were unlike anything flown in New Mexico before. W/O Newton recognizes the debris because he used an early version of these same targets when he was a weatherman in Okinawa.

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
In my case, they are because I do my homework and it is very clear that you don't.
Again, you are not so special that you can ignore the rules of debate. No-one here is going to do YOUR research for you; no-one here (except for the wilfully blind and stupid) places any store whatsoever in anything you post.
__________________
► 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists; 12 Apollo astronauts really did walk on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald,who acted alone.
► Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed. - Jay Utah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 11:33 PM   #342
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,404
Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Well, Skyeagle, if aliens really are flying around, what next? What are you going to do about it? Right now, you're just posting on an obscure internet forum (all fora are obscure, come to that). Why aren't you grabbing generals and politicians by the lapels and demanding action? action! ACTION!!!!

What kind of action? Hell, I don't know. You're the ufoologist, you tell me.
On usenet long ago a discussion went on for some time about what they could do. The problem; no one could agree.

Generally they came up with: do nothing, post messages, repost old reports, commit pious fraud in 'upgrading' reports by making stuff up about them.

A few thought they should assault Area 51 with cameras in tow, a tiny minority thought they should go in with weapons, a few thought about kidnapping 'a VIP' in charge of hiding the UFO info - however nobody could agree who these people were.

A few wanted to try bribing a poor country's 'UFO VIPS' to cough up the evidence (based on the idea that all the governments were in on the conspiracy). I think another idea was to set up 'UFO' traps or places to lure them (a lot of silly stuff about that).....basically they did nothing.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 01:30 AM   #343
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 12,131
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
[...]
Speaking of 'nutjobs' let's remember that UFO skeptics allowed themselves to be duped by the Air Force over its 47-year weather balloon story, which believers knew was false because it wouldn't have taken a large group of military personnel to recover a single weather balloon after posting roadblocks. HINT!

How did UFO skeptics feel when the Air Force trashed its Roswell weather balloon story in 1994? In that regard, that was strike one. Strike two came when UFO skeptics allowed themselves to be duped by the Air Force again when it managed to convinced them that its replacement for its weather balloon story was a Project Mogul balloon flight #4 that never was, and that according to Project Mogul balloon records. And, strike three came when the Air Force duped UFO skeptics in 1997 after the Air Force claimed that alien bodies people saw in 1947, were test dummies from 'Operation High Dive' which didn't begin operations until the 1950's, which told me that UFO skeptics are not in the habit of doing homework.

The Air Force depends upon ignorance to get its false claims accepted by closed-minded UFO skeptics who are not in the habit of doing homework or doing it properly when they do.


.
If you want to discuss Roswell again, I suggest you start another thread on it, and stop jumping all over the UFO landscape.
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 07:47 AM   #344
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,404
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
If you want to discuss Roswell again, I suggest you start another thread on it, and stop jumping all over the UFO landscape.
Kinda of a Gish Gallop, rushing here and there and trying to stir the air and make it look like he's accomplishing something.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 08:13 AM   #345
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,220
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
On usenet long ago a discussion went on for some time about what they could do. The problem; no one could agree.

Generally they came up with: do nothing, post messages, repost old reports, commit pious fraud in 'upgrading' reports by making stuff up about them.

A few thought they should assault Area 51 with cameras in tow, a tiny minority thought they should go in with weapons, a few thought about kidnapping 'a VIP' in charge of hiding the UFO info - however nobody could agree who these people were.

A few wanted to try bribing a poor country's 'UFO VIPS' to cough up the evidence (based on the idea that all the governments were in on the conspiracy). I think another idea was to set up 'UFO' traps or places to lure them (a lot of silly stuff about that).....basically they did nothing.
Wow. Talk about obscure. But still interesting; I never knew that ufoolgists went so far as even to moot ideas about Resolving This Great Crisis.

The point of my little post was only to ask Skyeagle "wot's it awl about, Alfie?" If he convinces anybody that We Are Not Alone, is there a next step?

Let's hear his reply. Lead us, Eagle of the Blue Skies!
__________________
Fill the seats of justice with good men; not so absolute in goodness as to forget what human frailty is. -- Thomas Jefferson

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 11:32 AM   #346
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,295
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
In regard to the Navy's UFO encounter, this image is clear enough to see that the craft is not a balloon nor an airplane and notice the glow around the craft.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asset...xlarge-169.jpg


The maneuvers described by one of the pilots excludes mankind as the owner of those objects by the fact we have no such vehicles capable of such extreme maneuvers and that is one reason why the USAF concluded that the objects in question are not of this earth.
When are you going to answer the question in post 323?

So what does the link to the article about the Tuskegee Airman have to do with you and what does it have to do with UFO's?
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 01:14 PM   #347
Donn
Philosopher
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In my head.
Posts: 7,758
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Kinda of a Gish Gallop, rushing here and there and trying to stir the air and make it look like he's accomplishing something.
Flying saucers; making it a dish gallop!
__________________
"If I hadn't believed it with my own mind, I would never have seen it." - thanks sackett
"If you stand on a piece of paper, you are indeed closer to the moon." - MRC_Hans
"I was a believer. Until I saw it." - Magrat
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 02:06 PM   #348
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,404
Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Wow. Talk about obscure. But still interesting; I never knew that ufoolgists went so far as even to moot ideas about Resolving This Great Crisis.
I don't recall that many had these types of idea. I suspect it was a very small subset. It's like fringe archaeology folks, they rarely consider the idea of funding long-term excavations or re-evaluations of existing collections. Instead they see the idea of making Youtubes about long debunked ideas or endlessly attacking orthodox positions to be wildly more 'useful'. SE seems to have a similar view.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 09:43 PM   #349
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,479
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
...a few thought about kidnapping 'a VIP' in charge of hiding the UFO info - however nobody could agree who these people were.
I don't get why those Flying Saucer nutjobs couldn't work out who was responsible for the cover up. Every knows its "them"(whoever "they" are).
__________________
► 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists; 12 Apollo astronauts really did walk on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald,who acted alone.
► Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed. - Jay Utah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.

Last edited by smartcooky; 5th January 2018 at 09:47 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 11:05 PM   #350
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,404
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I don't get why those Flying Saucer nutjobs couldn't work out who was responsible for the cover up. Every knows its "them"(whoever "they" are).
An old joke from the early years; 'UFO guys worried about THEM showed up at the 1950's movie 'Them' and shot up the screen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Them!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 12:00 AM   #351
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I don't get why those Flying Saucer nutjobs couldn't work out who was responsible for the cover up. Every knows its "them"(whoever "they" are).

As a reminder, the real nutjobs are the UFO skeptics who believed the military sent a large group of personnel to conduct recovery operations and set up road blocks in order to recover a single weather balloon and they believed it for 47-years despite evidence to the contrary.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 12:05 AM   #352
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
An old joke from the early years; 'UFO guys worried about THEM showed up at the 1950's movie 'Them' and shot up the screen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Them!

Speaking of movies, the movie, "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers," was an idea based on the 1952 UFO incidents over Washington D.C.

Perhaps some day, they will make a movie depicting events as they occurred about the Navy pilot's encounters with a weather balloon that somehow out-flew their jets.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 12:10 AM   #353
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
https://i.imgflip.com/224x1s.jpg

This is where the tapatalk signature that annoys people used to be

Speaking of balloons;

Quote:
Inflatable Spacecraft Launches, Falcon 9 Successfully Returns to Earth

t looks like the outer space equivalent of a bounce house, but Bigelow’s BEAM could make space travel cheaper and safer.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...urns-to-earth/

Perhaps, that is what the Navy pilots encountered; balloons that exhibit advanced technology not found in NASA's closet.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 01:34 AM   #354
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
They are evidence of unidentified aerial phenomena.... they are NOT, repeat, EMPHATICALLY, NOT evidence of extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Of course it is!!


Quote:
The objects recovered on the Foster ranch near Roswell were parts of a Project Mogul Balloon Train.

False! The Air Force said it was a classified Project Mogul balloon train #4 that was recovered, but that is false because according to Project Mogul balloon records, there was no such thing as Project Mogul balloon flight #4 and a Project Mogul balloon flight was cancelled on June 4, 1947 due to clouds. BTW, Mogul balloons were just nothing more than unclassified research balloons that were often recovered by civilians for rewards. In other words, UFO skeptics allowed themselves to be duped with the Air Force's 47-year weather balloon story which it trashed in 1994.

Just goes to show how simple it was for the Air Force to dupe the UFO skeptics. Did you know that Charles Moore, head of Project Mogul, reported tracking a flying saucer? A simple research effort on your part would have highlighted details regarding his UFO tracking report. In fact, there are documents that cover the tracking of flying saucers by Project Mogul and Project Skyhook balloon teams over New Mexico.


Quote:
Any suggestion that the wreckage in General Ramey’s office was just a weather balloon switched for the “real debris,” is just pure bunkum. Prof. Moore pointed out that the radar targets used by NYU were unlike anything flown in New Mexico before....

Now that you brought up Charles Moore again, let's take a look at his UFO report. Now, for the rest of the story about Charles Moore.

Quote:
Project Mogul UFO Sightings
Charles Moore, Head of Project Mogul, UFO Report


INCIDENT 3. On April 24,1949 at 10:20 a.m., a group of five technicians under the general supervision of J. Gordon Vaeth, an aeronautical engineer employed by the Office of Naval Research, were preparing to launch a Skyhook balloon near Arrey, N. Mex. A small balloon was sent up first to check the weather. Charles B. Moore Jr., an aerologist of General Mills Inc. (pioneers in cosmic ray research) was tracking the weather balloon through a theodolite -- a 25-power telescopic instrument, which gives degrees of azimuth and elevation (horizontal and vertical position) for any object it is sighted on.

At 10:30 a.m. Moore leaned back from the theodolite to glance at the balloon with his naked eye. Suddenly he saw a whitish elliptical object, apparently much higher than the balloon, and moving, in the opposite direction. At once he picked the object up in his theodolite at 45 degrees of elevation and 210 degrees of azimuth, and tracked it east at the phenomenal rate of 5 d of azimuth-change per second as it dropped swiftly to an elevation of 25 d. The Object appeared to be an ellipsoid roughly two and a half times as long as it was wide. Suddenly it swung abruptly upward and rushed out of sight in a few seconds. Moore had tracked it for about 60 seconds altogether. The other members of his crew confirmed his report. No sound was heard, no vapor trail was seen. The object, according to rough estimations by Moore and his colleagues, was about 56 miles above the earth, 100 feet long and was traveling at seven miles per second.

Note at the top mention of a radar sighting by another Mogul person of multiple objects hovering motionless at an altitude of 200 miles!!

http://www.roswellproof.com/LIFE_1952.html

http://www.roswellproof.com/Mogul_UFOs.html

Quote:
W/O Newton recognizes the debris because he used an early version of these same targets when he was a weatherman in Okinawa.
Of course it was a weather balloon rawin device, but that particular weather balloon rawin device was taken off the shelf and deliberately destroyed and placed in Ramey's office in order to push the Roswell cover-up, that according to Colonel Thomas Dubose, who is seen posing with the debris in Ramey's office.


Quote:
AFFIDAVIT

(1) My name is Thomas Jefferson Dubose

(2) My address is: XXXXXXXXXX

(3) I retired from the U.S. Air force in 1959 with the rank of Brigadier General.

(4) In July 1947, I was stationed at Fort Worth Army Air Field [later Carswell Air Force Base] in Fort Worth, Texas. I served as Chief of Staff to Major General Roger Ramey, Commander, Eight Air Force. I had the rank of Colonel.

(5) In early July, I received a phone call from Maj. Gen. Clements McMullen, Deputy Commander, Strategic Air Command. He asked what we knew about the object which had been recovered outside Roswell, New Mexico, as reported in the press. I called Col. William Blanchard, Commander of the Roswell Army Air Field and directed him to send the material in a sealed container to me at Fort Worth. I so informed Maj. Gen. McMullen.

(6) After the plane from Roswell arrived with the material, I asked the Base Commander, Col. Al Clark, to take possession of the material and to personally transport it in a B-26 to Maj. Gen. McMullen in Washington, D.C. I notified Maj. Gen. McMullen, and he told me he would send the material by personal courier on his plane to Benjamin Chidlaw, Commanding General of the Air Material Command at Wright Field [later Wright Patterson AFB]. The entire operation was conducted under the strictest secrecy.

(7) The material shown in the photographs taken in Maj. Gen. Ramey's office was a weather balloon. The weather balloon explanation for the material was a cover story to divert the attention of the press.

(8) I have not been paid or given anything of value to make this statement, which is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: T. J. Dubose
Date: 9/16/91

Signature witnessed by:
Linda R. Split
Notary Public, State of Florida

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SSBSD-m-r8...+Affidavit.jpg


Brig. Gen. Thomas Dubose

"There was a host of people descending on our headquarters seeking information from Ramey, badgering him for information we didn't have.

I didn't know what it was. Blanchard [base commander at Roswell] didn't know. Ramey didn't know... We didn't know what the hell it was. Nobody knew. But I can tell you this — it damn sure wasn't a weather balloon. ...McMullen said, Look, why don't you come up with something, anything you can use to get the press off our back? So we came up with this weather balloon story, which I thought was a hell of a good idea.


http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.co...-truths/?tc=ar

In other words, what Dubose and others posed with in Ramey's office was not recovered from the Foster ranch, which is understandable considering that the Air Force threw out its false weather balloon claim in 1994. Now, for a document for which I know you were unaware of.

Quote:
WAR V WU A50 NL PD
KALAMAZOO MICH JUL 8
WAR DEPT

INTELLIGENCE DIV WASHDC


****SUGGEST SAUCERS ARE RADAR TARGET FOR WEATHER OBSERVATION ...****

The Rest of the Story

http://www.project1947.com/roswell/wkzo.gif

In other words, it suggest that a rawin device be used as a cover-up for the saucers (plural) in keeping with General Arthur Exon who confirmed there were two crash sites, and he should know considering that he was the Air Force officer who overflew the area and later became the commanding officer of Wright-Patterson AFB, where the Roswell UFO debris was taken, which he later confirmed.

There was never a valid reason to cover-up Project Mogul balloons because Mogul balloons were not classified and there were times the news media was invited to witness the launch of Project Mogul balloons and their experiments were also revealed in the newspapers the country. Case in point, where's the cover story for this balloon train that was recovered by two men? Amazing how the Air Force duped those who've allowed themselves to be duped into believing that Project Mogul was highly classified.


Quote:
http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Tr...es_7-14-47.jpg

Edited by Agatha:  [IMG] tags removed around hotlinked photo


PRINCETON --- The equipment attached to a chain of 28 balloons set aloft here by the Naval Ordnance Laboratory on the Princeton University campus was recovered yesterday in Essex County and returned to the university for further study of the results of the experiment.

Despite the failure of the equipment to function perfectly because of a mechanical defect, Dr. Lloyd G. Lewis, in charge of the ascension, said he considered the experiment successful in that the instruments had remained well above 85,000 feet for more than three hours, and had been recovered for further study.

The purpose of the experiment was to obtain information about nuclear explosions induced by cosmic rays, and the work is being done by Princeton University for the Office of Naval Research. The equipment, which, it was feared, might be carried out to sea, was found by Ben Thompson of Haskell, N. J., and Fred Hammond of Sussex, N. J., and turned over to the State Police Headquarters in Essex County, whence it was sent here.

Newark Evening News, July 14

Sky Experiment Apparatus Found
Flight in Stratosphere Fails to Show Nuclear Explosions Data

28 Balloons Fail To Send Reports on Cosmic Rays
--Attain 20-Mile Altitude, but Equipment Does Not Give Nuclear Explosion Data

Newark Evening News, July 14

Sky Experiment Apparatus Found
Flight in Stratosphere Fails to Show Nuclear Explosions Data

Newark (N.J.) Sunday News, July 13, 1947, Front Page

Balloons---Not Discs
Princeton Gadget Soars 20 Miles High; Records No Atomic Explosions

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Princeton_July12.html

No flying saucer recovery story for any Mogul balloon recoveries. So, the Air Force managed to dupe UFO skeptics into believing that Project Mogul balloons and their experiments were top secret when it fact, Project Mogul balloons and their experiments were covered in newspapers around the country, which shows just how effective the Air Force's disinformation campaign has worked on UFO skeptics, which isn't surprising considering the Air Force fooled them for 47-years over a weather balloon recovery that never was.

Notice that these photos depict recovered weather balloon rawin devices simlar to the one displayed in Ramey's office.

Photos of recovered weather balloon rawin devices

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/files/greensny.jpg

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/files/circle1s.jpg

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/pu...~element16.jpg

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/files/circlev2.jpg


Notice that the photos of recovered rawin device do not look anything like the rawin device in Ramey's office in the next photo.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/phot...loonDebris.jpg



Exotic materials with properties described by Roswell witnesses are now a reality

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/debris_main.html


SCIENTIST ADMITS TO STUDY OF ROSWELL CRASH DEBRIS!

(Confirmed by FOIA Document) by Anthony Bragalia

A research study that has recently been obtained through FOIA offers stunning confirmation that Wright-Patterson Air Force base contracted Battelle Memorial Institute to analyze material from a crashed UFO at Roswell in 1947. Remarkably, the co-author of this very metals study is the same scientist who decades ago had confessed that he had examined extraterrestrial metal from a crashed UFO while he was a research scientist at Battelle! This just-received document also reveals that another one of its metallurgist authors reported directly to a Battelle scientist who was conducting secret UFO studies for the USAF. It appears that the study represents first-ever attempts in creating highly novel and advanced Titanium alloys. Some of these alloys were later associated with the development of "memory metal" of the type reported as crash debris at Roswell.


US Military are using smart metals similar to those found at the Roswell Crash In 1947

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/morphingmetals.html


I think it's time to get back on track and get off Roswell now that military officers, enlisted personnel and civil servants at Wright-Patterson AFB have now confirmed that the Roswell incident involved extraterrestrials.

Last edited by Agatha; 6th January 2018 at 06:52 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 02:12 AM   #355
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,066
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
7 inches, equally spaced and radioactive.
Citation, please.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 02:31 AM   #356
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 12,131
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Citation, please.
if he responds at all, Aubry will wax eloquent about some other UFO sighting altogether.
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 02:36 AM   #357
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,066
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post



Exotic materials with properties described by Roswell witnesses are now a reality

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/debris_main.html


SCIENTIST ADMITS TO STUDY OF ROSWELL CRASH DEBRIS!

(Confirmed by FOIA Document) by Anthony Bragalia

A research study that has recently been obtained through FOIA offers stunning confirmation that Wright-Patterson Air Force base contracted Battelle Memorial Institute to analyze material from a crashed UFO at Roswell in 1947. Remarkably, the co-author of this very metals study is the same scientist who decades ago had confessed that he had examined extraterrestrial metal from a crashed UFO while he was a research scientist at Battelle! This just-received document also reveals that another one of its metallurgist authors reported directly to a Battelle scientist who was conducting secret UFO studies for the USAF. It appears that the study represents first-ever attempts in creating highly novel and advanced Titanium alloys. Some of these alloys were later associated with the development of "memory metal" of the type reported as crash debris at Roswell.




I think it's time to get back on track and get off Roswell now that military officers, enlisted personnel and civil servants at Wright-Patterson AFB have now confirmed that the Roswell incident involved extraterrestrials.
I don't think we're at the stage yet where you can declare victory and walk away. I, for one, am still far from convinced by what you allege about Roswell.
I looked at your 'exotic materials' link, and two things struck me.
Firstly, I could not find anything in there that showed that the materials were of extra-terrestrial origin. The fact that the various witnesses did not know what they were looking at in no way supports the idea that this was alien technology. Moreover, at the bottom of each page is what seems to me to be a perfectly good explanation as to what the materials actually were. I'm thinking specifically of the wire and of the tape here.
Secondly, the reaction of the witnesses to their discovery seem rather strange. There is mention of the wood being uncuttable and unburnable; the wire was extremely difficult to snap, and the metal wouldn't bend even if someone was jumping up and down on it.
So what this is basically saying is that all these people found what they thought was a crashed UFO, and immediately set about trying to break, damage or destroy the debris. Why? Surely, if this was the discovery of the century, you would be doing everything in your power to preserve it? The military witnesses quoted there seem unperturbed by the fact that what they eventually saw was what was left after the determined attempts of a posse of ranchers to wreak as much damage as they could.
I can also find no mention, in this or in any of the many, many things you have linked to, that describes exactly what tests were carried out on the debris to determine that it was of extra-terrestrial origin. Your links say that it was delivered to the office of such-and-such an officer, who pronounced it as being alien. How? How was that conclusion formed?
Finally, you have made repeated challenges to skeptics to prove the Project Mogul explanation valid. As has been explained before, it's your claim and thus your burden of proof. All you have given us so far is your assertion that it wasn't Project Mogul. What you are so far lacking is any positive evidence for your case. If you want to say that the Roswell wreckage was extra-terrestrial, then prove it. Link us to the studies that prove this, or, even better, is there any of this debris left in the public domain, or available through FOI, that you can produce? You are presenting a false dichotomy here, by stating that, if it isn't military, it must be alien, without showing any proof of alien origins, and discounting the possibility of other options.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 03:29 AM   #358
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 12,131
Roswell: Anatomy of a Myth by Kent Jeffrey

http://www.roswellfiles.com/storytel...ntJeffrey1.htm
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 04:55 AM   #359
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,479
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Roswell: Anatomy of a Myth by Kent Jeffrey

http://www.roswellfiles.com/storytel...ntJeffrey1.htm
Some very interesting passages in there, for a man who used to believe that the Roswell incident was a crashed UFO, and has now come to his senses and realised it was not. Furthermore, Jeffrey backs his assessment with EVIDENCE, something that is conspicuously absent in skyeagle409's posts

Quote:
The 1948 Military Documents

For me, the beginning of the end for the Roswell UFO case came last spring, when I first saw one of a number of previously classified military documents dealing with unidentified flying objects. The 289-page document was released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in March 1996 in response to a FOIA request by researcher William LaParl. It contained the minutes of the Air Force Scientific Advisory Board Conference at the Pentagon on March 17 and 18, 1948. Buried in the document is a very interesting statement by a Colonel Howard McCoy which referred to a number of unpublished UFO reports. The last sentence of McCoy's statement, however, is devastating to the Roswell case.

"We have a new project -- Project SIGN -- which may surprise you as a development from the so-called mass hysteria of the past Summer when we had all the unidentified flying objects or discs. This can't be laughed off. We have over 300 reports which haven't been publicized in the papers from very competent personnel, in many instances -- men as capable as Dr. K. D. Wood, and practically all Air Force, Airline people with broad experience. We are running down every report. I can't even tell you how much we would give to have one of those crash in an area so that we could recover whatever they are."

My first reaction to this statement was one of disbelief. Thoughts came to mind like- This can't be correct, there must be some mistake, this guy didn't know, etc.
Quote:
The statement at the Scientific Advisory Board Conference lamenting the fact that the Air Force did not have a crashed UFO was made by Colonel Howard McCoy, the Chief of Intelligence for Air Material Command at Wright-Patterson AFB. Wright Patterson is where the Air Force's technical and intelligence experts are concentrated, even today. It is where recovered wreckage from a foreign craft of any kind with the potential for invading our skies would be taken for technical analysis -- be it a MIG 29 or a Klingon battle cruiser. If there had been a crashed flying saucer recovered outside of Roswell, New Mexico, in July 1947, this is where it would have been taken. As Chief of Intelligence, Colonel Howard McCoy would have known about it.
Quote:
The 1947 and 1948 military documents are definitive. They can not be simply or smugly characterized as absence of evidence. They are evidence. They state definitively that there was no crashed saucer.
Quote:
While we have no idea what the debris from a crashed spaceship would look like, it is reasonable to assume that it would reflect a level of complexity and technological advancement beyond imagination. Postulating that a few pieces of foil, plastic-like material, and short beams constitute the remains of a machine of such capability and complexity is more than just a quantum leap, it is completely baseless and totally illogical.
Jeffrey even talks about skyeagle409....

Quote:
Predictably, some in the UFO field are reacting to the 1947 and 1948 military documents with an attitude reminiscent of the platitude, don't bother me with the facts, my mind's made up. Ironically, this is the same type of mentality of which they are so quick to accuse their detractors
__________________
► 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists; 12 Apollo astronauts really did walk on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald,who acted alone.
► Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed. - Jay Utah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2018, 06:11 AM   #360
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 5,307
Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Of course it is!!
How do you - or anybody else - determine that extraterrestrials are involved? Simply because you cannot imagine anything else?
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.