ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 10th September 2019, 01:57 PM   #2001
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Bolton fired?

As I said in the White House Survivor thread, could not happen to a nicer turd.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 01:57 PM   #2002
Tero
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Would he really have been the only candidate that "had a chance" in 2016 against Hillary?

Yes, Trump won, but he ended up getting less votes than Romney. (His victory probably had as much to do with Clinton's unpopularity, and general Democratic miscalculations than anything else, something that would have been of help to any potential Republican nominee.)

Granted, some of the alternative candidates (like Ted "Machine Gun Bacon" Cruz) didn't exactly have much charisma, but there were others (such as Kasich) who might have had a good shot at winning.
Cruz had no chance. If Trump were out of the race, did Kasich have a chance? I think they would have run Cruz if there were no Trump.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Result...tial_primaries
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:04 PM   #2003
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Bolton fired?

One lunatic down,...

...that still leaves the head lunatic.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:13 PM   #2004
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
BTW I think the importance of tomorrow's special election is being really overblown.
I think the Republican will win; which should surprise nobody in a red district.
There is less in this then meets the eye.

We'll find out in a few hours.

The 2018 election there was already something of a surprise to the GOP, since McCready only lost by 1/3rd of 1% of the total vote in a district which had voted Republican in every election since 1963, and was considered a lock.

And that was with all the cheating they did.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:13 PM   #2005
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
One lunatic down,...

...that still leaves the head lunatic.

Was he not sufficiently bonkers?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:18 PM   #2006
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
You're right, this Sharpiegate is distracting Trump from his important work like Twitter feuding with actresses, insulting foreign mayors and prime ministers, and gossiping about flaming and/or flamingo dancers.

Off topic, I know, but "Flaming Flamingo Dancers" would be a great name for a rock band,

Just sayin'.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:18 PM   #2007
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Was he not sufficiently bonkers?
They are different flavours of bonkers. Bolton has never seen a foreign government he didnít want to carpet bomb and Trump has never met an autocrat he didnít want to smarm up to and emulate. It could never last.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:21 PM   #2008
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

They are different flavours of bonkers. Bolton has never seen a foreign government he didnít want to carpet bomb and Trump has never met an autocrat he didnít want to smarm up to and emulate. It could never last.
Ha!

In all seriousness, I think that might be close to accurate.
Old 10th September 2019, 02:52 PM   #2009
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
Ha!

It's down right pithy! So I nominated it.
Old 10th September 2019, 03:21 PM   #2010
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
Ha!

Yep. It is scarily accurate.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 03:46 PM   #2011
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Bolton fired?

Bolton's gone, but we have another '"You did not fire me, I quit" controversy going.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 03:47 PM   #2012
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
We'll find out in a few hours.

The 2018 election there was already something of a surprise to the GOP, since McCready only lost by 1/3rd of 1% of the total vote in a district which had voted Republican in every election since 1963, and was considered a lock.

And that was with all the cheating they did.
I just thing the district involved is not really a swing district, and a blue win would be a pretty big upset.
I just think making a big deal out of this is a mistake. A red win should be expected, and the Dems should not go into a despair mode because they lost. If the win, yeah,they should be very happy, but acting like this is going to be a predictor of next year is a mistake.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 10th September 2019 at 03:49 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 04:20 PM   #2013
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

How far have we fallen to where people were calling John, Bat **** Crazy Bolton an adult in the room? Could Pompeo and the Mnuchin creature couldn't have looked like more of a couple of lick spittles if they tried. Those two and the Ross person clearly are bereft of all manhood.
Old 10th September 2019, 04:21 PM   #2014
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Trump has more humanity in him than Bolton.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 04:28 PM   #2015
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Damn. That's cold.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 04:48 PM   #2016
angrysoba
Philosophile

Bolton's gone, but we have another '"You did not fire me, I quit" controversy going.
To be honest, who cares? We know the administration is constantly in chaos. We know both of them are pieces of trash. The two of them can squabble all they want about who fired who. The rest of us can only hope it splits the right-wing.

Old 10th September 2019, 05:52 PM   #2017
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

That the basic problem the GOP Has:

How to you appeal to minorities without alienating the white nationalist who
make up the core of your party?

IMHO it will be too hard an act to do.

Well, I think they have a different solution, binging and purging. They spend
billions bringing in new voters while at the same time driving away voters
who don't fit their ideological point of view. In other words the party now
selects the voters.
Old 10th September 2019, 07:05 PM   #2018
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore....

....I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week.
Devin! Devin! Devin! Devin!

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 07:59 PM   #2019
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

This is like arguing the value of zero versus the value of negative zero.

Personally, I like having around a guy like Bolton or Cheney. You know who they are and you can count on them flogging their reprehensible positions with some variation of reprehensible consistency. If, as I suspect, his next appointee is another lickspittle toadie (I mentioned Nunes, who's been pimping himself out for such a job) and you get Pompeo sucking up on one side, and Nunes doing his Wilbur Ross/Steve Mnuchin bit on the other, you're totally at the mercy of the whims of Trump.

I take to the earlier rumors; Bolton told him he was a jackass for proposing to bring terrorists to Camp David. Pence and Pompeo and Ross and Mnuchin all did their best imitation of the Toon Weasels in Roger Rabbit. "Yeah, boss! That's good. You do that boss! Yeah, bring 'em to Camp David where you can charm 'em!"

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 08:17 PM   #2020
Bob001
Philosopher

Nightmare thought: Suppose Trump (or his successor) was as evil as he is, but smarter and slicker? If he just stopped saying dumb stuff, he'd get away with even more than he does now.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 08:33 PM   #2021
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Nightmare thought: Suppose Trump (or his successor) was as evil as he is, but smarter and slicker? If he just stopped saying dumb stuff, he'd get away with even more than he does now.
I dunno. I think we might have hit peak Evil Genius when Cheney was [functionally] POTUS.

The normalization of "extraordinary rendition and torture" is the sort of darkness we could return to.

Concentration camps for kids is horrible, but one of the only sorts of evil left after that. That flavor of fascism is the clumsy, stupid kind (not that the clumsiness and stupidity make it any less horrifying.)
Old 10th September 2019, 08:49 PM   #2022
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

If one more person talks about Gerrymandering in reference to the Senate, I am going to scream.
Would you also say youíre feeling more and more itís not going to end peacefully?
Old 10th September 2019, 08:56 PM   #2023
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Sure but is there evidence Trump did direct threatening to fire the AL officials? Seems to me Trump is rarely that direct.
Not that I'm aware of yet. It's one of those things that I think should be looked into, though, given that it's far too likely to actually have happened, given Trump.

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Cruz had no chance. If Trump were out of the race, did Kasich have a chance? I think they would have run Cruz if there were no Trump.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Result...tial_primaries
Cruz was the runner up, either way, and got about as much as 3rd and 4th combined, did he not? I wouldn't count him out, especially if his appeal heavily overlapped with Trump's appeal for many of the Republican voters, which, well, there's plenty of reason to believe.

I just thing the district involved is not really a swing district, and a blue win would be a pretty big upset.
I just think making a big deal out of this is a mistake. A red win should be expected, and the Dems should not go into a despair mode because they lost. If the win, yeah,they should be very happy, but acting like this is going to be a predictor of next year is a mistake.
The Republican won - this time by a larger margin. 50.74% to 48.66%, by the look of it. It's too bad, but it is the expected result in this case... much as the main reason why the seat wasn't already in Democrat hands was the electoral fraud. So, in short, the Republicans stole this seat.

Random News time -

Next Up In the Desperate Republican Playbook: Destroying our Yard Signs

Pathetic, but further proof that right-wing civility isn't remotely civil and that far too many of them have no intention of playing fair.

NBC political analyst: Not fair to compare Trump to the mob because the mob tries to hide its crimes

I may disagree with the fairness part, but the point is worth considering.

Breaking: Trump threatens to "clean up" CA and move homeless to detention centers

First they came for the...
Then they came for the...

If only it couldn't happen here. If only it wasn't happening here.

Last edited by Aridas; 10th September 2019 at 08:58 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 09:09 PM   #2024
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post

Breaking: Trump threatens to "clean up" CA and move homeless to detention centers

First they came for the...

If only it couldn't happen here. If only it wasn't happening here.
The article referenced doesn't say "detention centers". It says:

Quote:
Administration officials have discussed using the federal government to get homeless people off the streets of Los Angeles and other areas and into new government-backed facilities, according to two officials briefed on the planning.
And:
Quote:
Other ideas include the creation of new facilities or refurbishing of existing facilities that would give the federal government a bigger role in supervising health care and housing, among other things, these people said.
It's Trump so maybe "health care and housing" is code for "work camps/detention centers."

Hard to say for sure, though.
Old 10th September 2019, 09:36 PM   #2025
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Blue? No, the sky is red because the sky is where Jesus lives and he's a Republican. Heaven is a red state.
Fake fake news. Every fool knows the sky is as blue as the stripes on the flag. It says so right in the Constitution. It's in black and white, the 28th Amendment.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 01:24 AM   #2026
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

One down, one to go – Greg Murphy is projected to win in the Great State of North Carolina! #NC03

Dan Bishop was down 17 points 3 weeks ago. He then asked me for help, we changed his strategy together, and he ran a great race. Big Rally last night. Now it looks like he is going to win. @CNN & @MSNBC are moving their big studio equipment and talent out. Stay tuned!

@CNN & @MSNBC were all set to have a BIG victory, until Dan Bishop won North Carolina 09. Now you will hear them barely talk about, or cover, the race. Fake News never wins!

Alice @alicetweet Stewart: Thank you for the nice words while on @CNN concerning the TWO big Republican Congressional victories. You’d be great on a network with much higher ratings. Keep up the good work!

Greg Murphy won big, 62% to 37%, in North Carolina 03, & the Fake News barely covered the race. The win was far bigger than anticipated - there was just nothing the Fakers could say to diminish or demean the scope of this victory. So we had TWO BIG VICTORIES tonight, Greg & Dan!

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 11th September 2019 at 01:28 AM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 01:36 AM   #2027
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

One down, one to go Ė Greg Murphy is projected to win in the Great State of North Carolina! #NC03

Dan Bishop was down 17 points 3 weeks ago. He then asked me for help, we changed his strategy together, and he ran a great race. Big Rally last night. Now it looks like he is going to win. @CNN & @MSNBC are moving their big studio equipment and talent out. Stay tuned!

@CNN & @MSNBC were all set to have a BIG victory, until Dan Bishop won North Carolina 09. Now you will hear them barely talk about, or cover, the race. Fake News never wins!

Alice @alicetweet Stewart: Thank you for the nice words while on @CNN concerning the TWO big Republican Congressional victories. Youíd be great on a network with much higher ratings. Keep up the good work!

Greg Murphy won big, 62% to 37%, in North Carolina 03, & the Fake News barely covered the race. The win was far bigger than anticipated - there was just nothing the Fakers could say to diminish or demean the scope of this victory. So we had TWO BIG VICTORIES tonight, Greg & Dan!
In polls for which there is no evidence of them ever existing

President Trump does seem to have something of a Messiah complex
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 02:03 AM   #2028
Tolls
Illuminator

Where does he pull this stuff from?
There's no polls with the Dem leading by more than 5%, and that was only briefly.
Most had them tied or 1 or 2 % either side, which was pretty much the result.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 02:21 AM   #2029
TofuFighter
Master Poster

I don't really think that's accurate. trump's decision not to bomb people/countries/groups always seems, to me, to be either a political or monetary calculation. There's never any empathy in it. You may hear trump say that he 'doesn't want to kill anyone', which is a sure sign he's lying.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 02:23 AM   #2030
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...31144414208000

No text in the tweet, just an image of a 2024 campaign sign.
Old 11th September 2019, 02:33 AM   #2031
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/thomaswright08/s...12406134022144

Quote:
A thread on John Bolton. This was inevitable. For many months Trump wanted to pivot to striking deals w/ America's enemies-- Taliban, Iran, DPRK, even Russia-- in the run up to the election. Pompeo was willing to accept this to shape it. Bolton was not & sought to sabotage it 1/9

Bolton survived the summer b/c it was the summer-- not much happening. But he was unlikely to survive long into the fall. We did not know how he wld leave-- some thought he wld cling on to run interference & Trump dislikes personal confrontation-- but it was unsustainable 2/9

How it happened is of great consequence. While everyone was waiting for Jim Mattis to speak out, Bolton has actually walked through that door. His tweet disputing Trump's account and his active outreach to media today suggest he will not take this lying down. 3/9

This sets the stage for a GOP civil war over foreign policy. If the challenge was coming from the center, the Tom Cottons and Lindsay Grahams of the world wld stand foursquare behind Trump. it is much harder if it is from Trump's "right" and on an issue they care about, Iran 4/9

You see the beginnings of that today with tweets from
@tedcruz
and other Republicans. As Trump is criticized, he will do what he always does-- go on the attack against Bolton and his allies, worsening the split. Meanwhile, full steam ahead on Rouhani, Taliban, etc. 5/9

On Bolton's replacement. Trump needs someone who will help implement his agenda but he has a choice. Go for a seasoned professional or a TV talk show personality (w/ Bolton these overlapped although the latter was more important). 6/9

If Trump sees his DPRK diplomacy as a model, he could choose someone like Steve Biegun, who Pompeo would presumably support too. His appointment would be widely welcomed by both parties. If Trump wants a personal advocate and pure Trumpian, he could go with ...7/9

..someone like Douglas McGregor of the Tucker Carlson show. I do not think he will go w/ Ric Grenell--who shares Bolton's views but lacks his bureaucratic experience/ skills. Trump also has a fixation w/ credentials. He needs his senior appointees to be seen as qualified. 8/9

That rules out the Gorkas of the world (McGregor would cross this bar for Trump because of his military experience). Bottom line: this is actually a big deal-- substantively and politically. 9/9
https://twitter.com/4everNeverTrump/...63761808379904

Quote:
Trump, Monday: THE FAKE NEWS IS LYING WHEN THEY SAY THERE ARE MAJOR DISAGREEMENTS IN MY WHITE HOUSE!

Trump, Tuesday: I FIRED JOHN BOLTON BECAUSE I DISAGREED WITH HIM ALL THE TIME!
Old 11th September 2019, 02:35 AM   #2032
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1171482699401293825

Quote:
Who's been on Fox the last few weeks talking about national security? That's the best way to forecast who'll be Trump's new National Security Adviser.
https://twitter.com/existentialfish/...87606695055360

Quote:
People who have appeared often on Fox News since July 1 to talk national security, excluding hosts/reporters

Jack Keane, Gordon Chang, Daniel Hoffman, Joy Jones, Marc Thiessen, Michael Pillsbury, Michael Waltz, Mollie Hemingway, Walid Phares, Christian Whiton, Anthony Tata.
Old 11th September 2019, 02:38 AM   #2033
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

This actually ended up being about correct, according to Tom Wright!

Quote:
For many months Trump wanted to pivot to striking deals w/ America's enemies-- Taliban, Iran, DPRK, even Russia-- in the run up to the election. Pompeo was willing to accept this to shape it. Bolton was not & sought to sabotage it
Old 11th September 2019, 03:29 AM   #2034
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

If one more person talks about Gerrymandering in reference to the Senate, I am going to scream.
Well by its nature the states have in effect been gerrymandered, giving disproportionate representation to small numbers of people in the right white states. Also why no one will ever let puerto rico be a state.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 03:41 AM   #2035
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...31144414208000

No text in the tweet, just an image of a 2024 campaign sign.
Ivanka Trump 2024 ?
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 04:30 AM   #2036
Belz...
Fiend God

Bolton vs Trump.
THis is going to be fun.
Time to grab some popcorn.

What is fascinating about the Bolton resignation is he is a big favorite among a lot of the right. The right/Trumo coalition might be showing a crack.
There is no right/Trump coalition. There is only the Party of Trump. The POT, if you will.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 04:44 AM   #2037
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Devin! Devin! Devin! Devin!
Oh, gods, that's actually likely.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 04:46 AM   #2038
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Would you also say youíre feeling more and more itís not going to end peacefully?

Old 11th September 2019, 05:22 AM   #2039
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

China suspends Tariffs on some U.S. products. Being hit very hard, supply chains breaking up as many companies move, or look to move, to other countries. Much more expensive to China than originally thought. @CNBC @JoeSquawk
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 05:24 AM   #2040
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Federal Reserve should get our interest rates down to ZERO, or less, and we should then start to refinance our debt. INTEREST COST COULD BE BROUGHT WAY DOWN, while at the same time substantially lengthening the term. We have the great currency, power, and balance sheet.....

....The USA should always be paying the the lowest rate. No Inflation! It is only the naÔvetť of Jay Powell and the Federal Reserve that doesn’t allow us to do what other countries are already doing. A once in a lifetime opportunity that we are missing because of “Boneheads.”

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics