ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Mueller investigation , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , William Barr

Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #2281
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Perhaps bigoted against whites? After all in 2010 it is 95.5% Americans of European descent, with just 1.1% Americans of African descent.

Seems all the minorities figured that it wasn't worth staying there either.
Thanks. Somehow that bigotry against those of European descent escaped me. I know as someone of 100% white European ancestry (according to Ancestry.com), the bigotry I've suffered has greatly affected me. Recently, I've had to have "the talk" with my daughter (also 100% white) in case she gets stopped by the police. When will this bigotry end?!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #2282
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Thanks. Somehow that bigotry against those of European descent escaped me. I know as someone of 100% white European ancestry (according to Ancestry.com), the bigotry I've suffered has greatly affected me. Recently, I've had to have "the talk" with my daughter (also 100% white) in case she gets stopped by the police. When will this bigotry end?!
Not to mention the fact that I, myself, at least according to ancestry, am mostly British.

Fergus Falls just sucks. The only decent thing to do is go to the lakes. Which you can do about 3 months out of the year before it's too cold again.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #2283
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post
You're challenging us to find a conservative political principle that Comey declared and defended, and if we can't find that political principle, that means that Comey was political? Not finding one would only help show that Comey wasn't political, especially since he's a Republican. You've got it completely backwards.
Its right-wing reverse pretzelism - you declare the opposite of what is actually true and then double down on it when challenged.
Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM   #2284
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Since 2017 he has gone on to say that the "The Republican Party has left me and many others" and also that over the Trump Campaign that he "came to the conclusion that these people don’t represent anything I believe in."
It is fairly obvious to any observer not wearing red blinkers that the once moderate conservative GOP has moved a long, long way right of where it used to sit.
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #2285
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

PBS - All of the Mueller report’s major findings in less than 30 minutes

Quite neutral youtube video summation, just in case people have use for it.
Old Today, 01:36 AM   #2286
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Wow! The State Department said it has identified 30 Security Incidents involving current or former employees and their handling of Crooked Hillary Clinton’s Emails. @FoxNews This is really big. Never admitted before. Highly Classified Material. Will the Dems investigate this?

Only a few people showed up for the so-called Impeachment rallies over the weekend. The numbers were anemic, no spirit, no hope. More importantly, No Collusion, No Obstruction!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:39 AM   #2287
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Thousands of people are already lined up in Orlando, some two days before tomorrow nights big Rally. Large Screens and food trucks will be there for those that can’t get into the 25,000 capacity arena. It will be a very exciting evening! Make America Great Again!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:44 AM   #2288
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Will they be Taco Trucks?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics