ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #3361
Venom
Master Poster

Trump makes Mick Mulvaney leave the Oval Office during interview for the crime of coughing.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/17/polit...Bb36f4Wdp3MBnU

What a ****!!!
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #3362
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Juniversal View Post
Again:

4 U.S. Code § 8. Respect for flag

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #3363
Bob001
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post
About 50% of all Americans are below average intelligence.
Except in Lake Wobegon.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM   #3364
Bob001
Philosopher

Here's someone who thinks, quite seriously, that if Trump loses in 2020, he will refuse to leave the White House, and the Repubs will aid and abet him:
Quote:
But as soon as that happens, if it happens, the next nightmare will begin. It may be minutes, hours, days or even weeks, but at some point between Election Day in November 2020 and Inauguration Day in January 2021, odds are strong that Trump will declare that the election was "fake news" and refuse to leave the White House.
https://www.salon.com/2019/06/17/so-...-could-happen/

Discuss.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #3365
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Except in Lake Wobegon.
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #3366
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Here's someone who thinks, quite seriously, that if Trump loses in 2020, he will refuse to leave the White House, and the Repubs will aid and abet him:

Discuss.
I don't see him refusing to leave. Claiming he was cheated and really won? Wouldn't surprise me one bit. But I don't think he'd refuse to leave. I think Melania would be packed and outta there the morning after the election.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #3367
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. “I think we have a very real risk of losing the Presidency to Donald Trump.” I agree, and that is the only reason they play the impeach card, which cannot be legally used!
AOC's response -

Quote:
Mr. President, you’re from Queens. You may fool the rest of the country, but I’ll call your bluff any day of the week. Opening an impeachment inquiry is exactly what we must do when the President obstructs justice, advises witnesses to ignore legal subpoenas, & more. Bye 👋🏽
In other random news...

The Koch brothers are planning to fund Democratic Party incumbents to protect them from Progressives
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #3368
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Stay the course, cut your losses by supporting the center.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #3369
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
[BREAKING NEWS!!!] Headline: "Center Right Establishment Democrats serve corporate interest!! Leftist Democrats trivialize corporate interest!! Zombie Republican Patriarchs are shaking in their boots!!"

Last edited by Juniversal; Yesterday at 11:53 PM.
Juniversal is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM   #3370
Minoosh
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

@FoxNews Polls are always bad for me. They were against Crooked Hillary also. Something weird going on at Fox. Our polls show us leading in all 17 Swing States. For the record, I didn’t spend 30 hours with @abcnews, but rather a tiny fraction of that. More Fake News @BretBaier
If something weird is going on at Fox, I'm encouraged. Chris Wallace, Shep Smith (sp?) and apparently now Bret Baier? The "And Friends" crew sometimes are desperate to get him off the phone. Andrew Napolitano had strong words to say about obstruction. I'm sure I'm missing someone.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #3371
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I don't see him refusing to leave. Claiming he was cheated and really won? Wouldn't surprise me one bit. But I don't think he'd refuse to leave. I think Melania would be packed and outta there the morning after the election.
I absolutely see him refusing to leave.

He's facing an obvious problem, though. He has no actual input in the election and swearing in of a new president, and once that happens, he has no further legal authority to stay in the White House. End result: he gets dragged out looking like a fool. I's say "kicking and screaming", but he's more the type that would just go limp and whine.

I'd be far more concerned with him using his goons to interfere before the election, eg. ordering Barr to scrape up fake charges against the dem nominee and the like, than anything else.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #3372
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Discuss.
My guess: weeks before the Inauguration, Trump will move out of the White House to Mar-a-Lago, forcing everyone who needs to do business with him to come there and spend money there.

And he will declare the place to be "The True White House in Exile", and continue to hold court before running again in 2024 - because it is so lucrative.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; Today at 12:42 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:27 AM   #3373
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Juniversal View Post
Zombie Libertarian Patriarchs are shaking in their boots!!"
FTFY

The Koch brothers aren't particularly Republican, they just played a huge role in twisting the Republican Party's objectives and policy to be in line with their own desires via a variety of schemes. Ever seen the Libertarian Party platform for the election that one of the Koch brothers was on the ticket as VP? It was apparently widely regarded as extremist even for Libertarians and was, effectively, a path to anarchy, in the end.

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Michael Cohen was warning of much the same, for that matter. And Bill Maher, to add another somewhat recognizable name.
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #3374
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Thousands of people are already lined up in Orlando, some two days before tomorrow nights big Rally. Large Screens and food trucks will be there for those that can’t get into the 25,000 capacity arena. It will be a very exciting evening! Make America Great Again!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:35 AM   #3375
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump tweets

The story in the @nytimes about the U.S. escalating attacks on Russia’s power grid is Fake News, and the Failing New York Times knows it. They should immediately release their sources which, if they exist at all, which I doubt, are phony. Times must be held fully accountable!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:16 AM   #3376
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Trump tweets

The story in the @nytimes about the U.S. escalating attacks on Russia’s power grid is Fake News, and the Failing New York Times knows it. They should immediately release their sources which, if they exist at all, which I doubt, are phony. Times must be held fully accountable!
He's crediting the NYT with his attention! Must be because there's "something wrong" at Fox today.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:06 AM   #3377
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Trump makes Mick Mulvaney leave the Oval Office during interview for the crime of coughing.

What a ****!!!
Either he's afraid of germs, or he's pissed that someone made noise over him.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:12 AM   #3378
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
If something weird is going on at Fox, I'm encouraged. Chris Wallace, Shep Smith (sp?) and apparently now Bret Baier? The "And Friends" crew sometimes are desperate to get him off the phone. Andrew Napolitano had strong words to say about obstruction. I'm sure I'm missing someone.
Neil Cavuto has not been as vocal in criticizing Trump, but will point out where he goes astray on economic matters.
Old Today, 05:33 AM   #3379
Armitage72
Master Poster

Trump Tweets

Thousands of people are already lined up in Orlando, some two days before tomorrow nights big Rally. Large Screens and food trucks will be there for those that can’t get into the 25,000 capacity arena. It will be a very exciting evening! Make America Great Again!

To quote someone from the Trump in London thread:

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
I guess there are enough of these jobless ne're-do-wells with literally nothing better to do and zero capacity for independent thought to swell the numbers
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #3380
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Considering that he would wallow in **** for his own profit, Trump is a noted germophobe. It would be interesting to offer to shake hands with him with obvious dirt on your hands. On TV.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:38 AM   #3381
carrps
Thinker

Originally Posted by Venom View Post

What a ****!!!
Tony Schwartz (real author of The Art of the Deal) was on Chris Hayes last night and said everyone who spends a certain amount of time with Trump ends up despising him.
carrps is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:41 AM   #3382
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post

He's facing an obvious problem, though. He has no actual input in the election and swearing in of a new president, and once that happens, he has no further legal authority to stay in the White House. End result: he gets dragged out looking like a fool. I's say "kicking and screaming", but he's more the type that would just go limp and whine.

I'd be far more concerned with him using his goons to interfere before the election, eg. ordering Barr to scrape up fake charges against the dem nominee and the like, than anything else.
He'll be claiming election fraud pretty soon; and will continue to do so regardless of whether he wins or loses.. And I can see him not showing up for the inauguration if he loses.
Old Today, 07:42 AM   #3383
carrps
Thinker

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
The latter. He was pissed there was coughing when he was dropping his pearls of wisdom for Stephanopolous.
carrps is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:08 AM   #3384
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Mario Draghi just announced more stimulus could come, which immediately dropped the Euro against the Dollar, making it unfairly easier for them to compete against the USA. They have been getting away with this for years, along with China and others.

European Markets rose on comments (unfair to U.S.) made today by Mario D!

German DAX way up due to stimulus remarks from Mario Draghi. Very unfair to the United States!

“ECB officials see Rate Cut as primary tool for any new stimulus.”
@business

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; Today at 08:09 AM.
Old Today, 08:09 AM   #3385
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Fake News doesn’t report it, but Republican enthusiasm is at an all time high. Look what is going on in Orlando, Florida, right now! People have never seen anything like it (unless you play a guitar). Going to be wild - See you later!

Had a very good telephone conversation with President Xi of China. We will be having an extended meeting next week at the G-20 in Japan. Our respective teams will begin talks prior to our meeting.
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #3386
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Trump Tweets

The Fake News doesn’t report it, but Republican enthusiasm is at an all time high. Look what is going on in Orlando, Florida, right now! People have never seen anything like it (unless you play a guitar). Going to be wild - See you later!
I was just told of a novel drinking game.
When TV news stations put up live coverage of the folks waiting in line in Orlando, you drink every time you see a black person.
Old Today, 08:36 AM   #3387
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
When TV news stations put up live coverage of the folks waiting in line in Orlando, you drink every time you see a black person.
What will I do with the other 15/16ths of my beer?

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #3388
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I have seen a few vids this AM of the crowds waiting for the rally. They do appear to be spectacularly white. Also largely in their 40's and older. (I would not look out of place there myself ) I imagine a similar demographic would be found at a KKK rally.
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #3389
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
What will I do with the other 15/16ths of my beer?
Drink it before you turn on your tv.
Old Today, 08:58 AM   #3390
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I'm wondering, with his early Tweetstorm this morning, other world issues, his lack of sleep, and the prepping for his jerkoff-fest tonight, will he finally blurt something he can't back out of? Something that will actually make his base go "Uh... what??"

Oh, I hope so.
Old Today, 09:00 AM   #3391
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I'm wondering, with his early Tweetstorm this morning, other world issues, his lack of sleep, and the prepping for his jerkoff-fest tonight, will he finally blurt something he can't back out of?
At this point I think we can safely say that such a thing cannot exist.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics