ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th December 2019, 10:43 AM   #1
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

Traitor Trump's attacks on the FBI and IG prove that the American Experiment is over

If we really were the America that the world thought we were, and if we truly held Rule of Law as a primary value, the entire nation would have turned on Trump after he called the FBI "Spies" and implied the IG was disloyal.

That ANY so-called American still supports this filthy regime is a disgrace. The world should fear us and stop us while it still can.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 12:04 PM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

There is nothing wrong with criticizing the FBI for the actual mistakes they made.
Of course, if the FISA system itself is in need of overhaul, the fault would be with Congress rather than the Bureau.

But I agree that there is grave danger in accusing the FBI of political bias where there is none - in my opinion, this is a deliberate attempt to discredit past, ongoing and future investigations into the Trump Administration and the Trumps themselves: it is pure intimidation.
I hope that it will provoke the opposite reaction.
Old 11th December 2019, 12:07 PM   #3
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
There is nothing wrong with criticizing the FBI for the actual mistakes they made.
Of course, if the FISA system itself is in need of overhaul, the fault would be with Congress rather than the Bureau.

But I agree that there is grave danger in accusing the FBI of political bias where there is none - in my opinion, this is a deliberate attempt to discredit past, ongoing and future investigations into the Trump Administration and the Trumps themselves: it is pure intimidation.
Hey as long as it causes Trump to orgasm on stage like a true president that is all that matters.

That is something we need more in a presidents apparently. Class that is.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 12:08 PM   #4
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
If we really were the America that the world thought we were, and if we truly held Rule of Law as a primary value, the entire nation would have turned on Trump after he called the FBI "Spies" and implied the IG was disloyal.

That ANY so-called American still supports this filthy regime is a disgrace. The world should fear us and stop us while it still can.

If things are really as dire as you say, only logical thing to do is buy a rifle and begin planning for armed resistence. Otherwise, it's just ranting.
And, btw, I agree that Trump's conduct is outrageous.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 12:10 PM   #5
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Is that all you think Barr and Trump have done?

OK, I see, we are on the same page.

The OP needs to add traitor Barr and change "is over" to "is in trouble".
Old 11th December 2019, 12:12 PM   #6
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
If things are really as dire as you say, only logical thing to do is buy a rifle and begin planning for armed resistence.
Stop with these silly outdated ideas of how to run a proper guerrilla campaign. Bombing federal buildings is where you need to put your focus on.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 12:13 PM   #7
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Is that all you think Barr and Trump have done?

OK, I see, we are on the same page.

The OP needs to add traitor Barr and change "is over" to "is in trouble".
While Barr continues to say he still thinks there was spying, he has offered no evidence to support that belief. I've long suspected Barr is a Trump stooge and this cements that suspicion.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 04:16 PM   #8
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
While Barr continues to say he still thinks there was spying, he has offered no evidence to support that belief. I've long suspected Barr is a Trump stooge and this cements that suspicion.
Uh, I wrote off Barr as a Trump stooge from the day he was nominated.Old,old,news.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 05:10 PM   #9
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

So far, it only seems to be egging on his base. You should read some of them on Twitter, etc...
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 05:42 PM   #10
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Uh, I wrote off Barr as a Trump stooge from the day he was nominated.Old,old,news.
I had hope. It died quickly. What can I, I believe in giving everyone a chance, I'm also a glutton for punishment.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 05:55 PM   #11
Stacyhs
Philosopher

So far, it only seems to be egging on his base. You should read some of them on Twitter, etc...
Nah, I hear enough of their idiocy on the TV.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 05:55 PM   #12
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Go... out... side.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 05:56 PM   #13
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

What makes you think these are not genuine views of Barr?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 07:21 PM   #14
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

If things are really as dire as you say, only logical thing to do is buy a rifle and begin planning for armed resistence. Otherwise, it's just ranting.
Ultimately, I fear that is what it will come down to. I only hope that the American left gets over its naive pacifism and comes to the same conclusion. I do see encouraging signs, like the jump in sales of weapons to gay people after the nightclub shooting in Florida.

After all, that IS how our nation was founded, and why we have a 2nd Amendment.

Old 11th December 2019, 07:28 PM   #15
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Has anyone found a list of the 17 errors? I tried and all I found were reports of what some things were in tl;dr articles.

I just want a list.
Old 11th December 2019, 07:32 PM   #16
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Ultimately, I fear that is what it will come down to. I only hope that the American left gets over its naive pacifism and comes to the same conclusion. I do see encouraging signs, like the jump in sales of weapons to gay people after the nightclub shooting in Florida.

Gun sellers check to see if people are gay?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 07:44 PM   #17
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Gun sellers check to see if people are gay?
http://homicidecenter.org/wp-content...b-Shooting.pdf

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...4ca_story.html

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...nap-story.html

Old 12th December 2019, 07:19 AM   #18
carlitos
"más divertido"

9 ways mindfulness can reduce stress

5 types of mindful meditation for stress relief

Exercise is an all-natural treatment to help depression
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2019, 07:27 AM   #19
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

I am absolutely shocked that law enforcement would lie in order to obtain a warrant. SHOCKED

It's pretty funny watching conservatives like Graham complain about the tactics of the feds and the inherent weakness of the FISA system when they've spent their political careers defending these exact sweeping police powers.
Old 12th December 2019, 08:22 AM   #20
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Go... out... side.
Cause if it's one place you can't read twitter, it's outside?

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2019, 09:09 AM   #21
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
"Mindfullness" won't get treasonous usurpers out of DC.

"Meditation" won't deal with their hateful, fascist enablers among the populace.

Old 12th December 2019, 09:11 AM   #22
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

"Mindfullness" won't get treasonous usurpers out of DC.

"Meditation" won't deal with their hateful, fascist enablers among the populace.
On the other hand, these things, plus regular exercise, will probably put you in a better state of mind to effectively change the things you can, and accept the things you can't.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2019, 09:19 AM   #23
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
On the other hand, these things, plus regular exercise, will probably put you in a better state of mind to effectively change the things you can, and accept the things you can't.
That attitude is how fascists win. To wit: "It's too big...we can't do anything about it..."

Old 12th December 2019, 09:31 AM   #24
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

That attitude is how fascists win. To wit: "It's too big...we can't do anything about it..."
Fascists win because they get in your face and punch you if you complain, and because your society literally doesn't offer any alternatives worth fighting for. Neither of these things apply to America today.

Stop trying to fix Washington (by posting paranoid rants on an obscure Internet forum), and start fixing your own community. The real one, the brick and mortar community you live in, with the breathing, blood-pumping human beings who live in that same community with you. And build from there.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2019, 09:34 AM   #25
Distracted1
Illuminator

Also why we have three day waiting terms, and cooling off periods.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics