ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Devin Nunes

Old 4th December 2019, 07:28 PM   #1
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

Devin Nunez needs to be kicked out of the House and criminally prosecuted

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ebc_story.html

He deliberately concealed his own conflicts of interest in the case so he could be Trump's inside man in the investigation of the impeachment case.

This is a pattern of behavior with the SoaB since it was him that was guilty of all that chicanery back in 2017 with that mess about Traitor Trump's paranoid conspiracy theory about illegal surveillance of his campaign.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 07:31 PM   #2
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Yep.

With much pointing and laughing.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 07:32 PM   #3
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Old 4th December 2019, 08:53 PM   #4
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Meaning?
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 09:26 PM   #5
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Congresspersons are allowed to have conflicts of interest. Heck, their entire role is a conflict of interest. They are not objective arbiters of the appropriateness of legislation. They are there to be biased by their constituents.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 09:51 PM   #6
Susheel
Graduate Poster

And how does Nunez's actions benefit his constituency?
Old 4th December 2019, 09:59 PM   #7
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
Meaning?
I would advise you not to waste your time trying to get a straight answer.

Last edited by smartcooky; 4th December 2019 at 10:33 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 12:08 AM   #8
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
Hard to ask the cows.
Old 5th December 2019, 12:46 AM   #9
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, I can't imagine how anybody finds a Ukranian oil company employing Joe Biden's son at $50K/month suspicious.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 01:00 AM   #10
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Yeah, I can't imagine how anybody finds a Ukranian oil company employing Joe Biden's son at $50K/month suspicious.
more or less suspicious than Rudi's son working at the White House?
Old 5th December 2019, 04:26 AM   #11
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Or how about Pizzagate lover Michael Flynn Jr.?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 04:31 AM   #12
Doubt
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Hard to ask the cows.
His cows are in Iowa rather than California and the district he represents.
Old 5th December 2019, 04:46 AM   #13
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Biden's son is a Lawyer it depends on what he did for the company if he was trying to find and Recover Funds transferred to out of country accounts he might very well have earned his money.
Making snap Judgements is not logical.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 05:14 AM   #14
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Meaning?
I'll take a stab at it: There exists an alternate fact bubble. In this bubble, Trump and Nunes and anyone else who carries Russia's water are thought to be people of integrity. I realize this is a surreal concept, but there you have it.
Old 5th December 2019, 06:19 AM   #15
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
I have no opinion on that.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 06:49 AM   #16
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

You might be able to delude yourself into thinking that Nunes is a paragon of virtue.
But thinking he is competent would be pathological.
Old 5th December 2019, 06:53 AM   #17
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

You might be able to delude yourself into thinking that Nunes is a paragon of virtue.
But thinking he is competent would be pathological.
Is someone suggesting he is competent?
Old 5th December 2019, 07:00 AM   #18
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Is someone suggesting he is competent?
The GOP when they made him chair of the Intelligence Committee.
Old 5th December 2019, 07:02 AM   #19
Donal
Illuminator

That is far from the most egregious example in this White House.
Old 5th December 2019, 04:11 PM   #20
CORed
Philosopher

This is what passes for logic in Republican talking points. Nobody seems to be able to even make up a specific accusation something that Hunter Biden has done that is illegal under American or Ukrainian law, or even of anything that is arguably unethical. But, he got paid a big salary, so he must have been doing something shady.

If you've got absolutely no facts or evidence supporting your position, just keep throwing some absurd innuendo at it, and maybe it will stick.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 04:12 PM   #21
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Yes
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 04:29 PM   #22
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
This is what passes for logic in Republican talking points. Nobody seems to be able to even make up a specific accusation something that Hunter Biden has done that is illegal under American or Ukrainian law, or even of anything that is arguably unethical. But, he got paid a big salary, so he must have been doing something shady.

If you've got absolutely no facts or evidence supporting your position, just keep throwing some absurd innuendo at it, and maybe it will stick.
That's the spaghetti tactic.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 07:02 PM   #23
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

I'll make you a deal. You provide me with a primary source that says that Biden was being paid $50k a month by Burisma, and I'll explain to you why the payments made are not suspicious.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2019, 04:59 AM   #24
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

Or any of a dozen different things this usurper regime has done.

Old 6th December 2019, 05:02 AM   #25
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Congresspersons are allowed to have conflicts of interest. Heck, their entire role is a conflict of interest. They are not objective arbiters of the appropriateness of legislation. They are there to be biased by their constituents.
Not in this case. His conflict is material to the issue he was engaging on.

He had the duty to recuse himself from participating in any proceedings regarding Ukraine as he was (as it turned out) a potential subject of those proceedings.

Old 6th December 2019, 05:50 AM   #26
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Not in this case. His conflict is material to the issue he was engaging on.

He had the duty to recuse himself from participating in any proceedings regarding Ukraine as he was (as it turned out) a potential subject of those proceedings.
Many votes they have conflicts material to the issue. "My constituents want me to vote X" is a real conflict that prevents representatives from being neutral on issues.
Old 6th December 2019, 06:27 AM   #27
rockysmith76
Suspended

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ebc_story.html

He deliberately concealed his own conflicts of interest in the case so he could be Trump's inside man in the investigation of the impeachment case.

This is a pattern of behavior with the SoaB since it was him that was guilty of all that chicanery back in 2017 with that mess about Traitor Trump's paranoid conspiracy theory about illegal surveillance of his campaign.
Actually been following his nonsense on Tech Dirt, he's also abusing the Court System for filing SLAPP law style litigation against largely California interests in Virginia or Iowa courts where the Anti-SLAPP laws are much weaker than California. The guy is everything wrong with the legal system among other things.

Hes even suing a satircally created cow on Twitter. Classy...
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2019, 06:35 AM   #28
rockysmith76
Suspended

In today's lesson, YES there's nepotism in politics, and each Party points the finger at the other one, ignoring their own guilt. Whose guilty of it? Both of them. Nothing new.
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2019, 06:37 AM   #29
rockysmith76
Suspended

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
I'll take a stab at it: There exists an alternate fact bubble. In this bubble, Trump and Nunes and anyone else who carries Russia's water are thought to be people of integrity. I realize this is a surreal concept, but there you have it.
Which does nothing to excuse Biden, if there's shady doings on that side. Both parties have guilt here, and nothing gets resolves if there's only partisan finger pointing.
Old 6th December 2019, 06:38 AM   #30
rockysmith76
Suspended

Or any of a dozen different things this usurper regime has done.
Usurped from who, Hillary? Really.....?
Old 6th December 2019, 07:35 AM   #31
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
Usurped from who, Hillary? Really.....?
It's been a running joke ever since CP introduced the term "usurper" just after the election.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2019, 07:59 AM   #32
rockysmith76
Suspended

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
It's been a running joke ever since CP introduced the term "usurper" just after the election.
The unspoken truth there is that many Dems *assumed* she would win and stayed home, while many PO'ed rightees came out to vote and yes, now you have the Mullet-Gopher in office. The dems who stayed home bear responsibility for him being there as much as anyone else. Christian Liberal strikes me as being of that demographic.
Old 6th December 2019, 08:04 AM   #33
Belz...
Fiend God

The unspoken truth there is that many Dems *assumed* she would win and stayed home, while many PO'ed rightees came out to vote and yes, now you have the Mullet-Gopher in office. The dems who stayed home bear responsibility for him being there as much as anyone else. Christian Liberal strikes me as being of that demographic.
Ah, yes. The classic trick of blaming anyone but those who voted for Trump.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2019, 08:08 AM   #34
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I can't find video of Nunes on Fox News being questioned about his conversations with Parnas. Hilarious! The dimwit needs to take Effective Lying 101 over again.
Old 6th December 2019, 08:09 AM   #35
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Well, thankfully we have unafraid, non-sheeple beacons such as you to enlighten the dull masses arrayed here.
Old 6th December 2019, 08:13 AM   #36
rockysmith76
Suspended

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Well, thankfully we have unafraid, non-sheeple beacons such as you to enlighten the dull masses arrayed here.
as opposed to those who fear petty criminals who sue Fake Cows who maraud twitter.
Old 6th December 2019, 08:20 AM   #37
Belz...
Fiend God

as opposed to those who fear petty criminals who sue Fake Cows who maraud twitter.
That's not even a sentence.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2019, 08:22 AM   #38
rockysmith76
Suspended

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
That's not even a sentence.
And yet you grammar nazi it instead of staying on topic. That newsletter of yours must be incredible.
Old 6th December 2019, 08:32 AM   #39
Belz...
Fiend God

And yet you grammar nazi it instead of staying on topic.
Wow, you can't even get that right!

I'm saying that your post is nonsensical. Either clarify it, or don't, but don't pretend that this is about anything else.

Old 6th December 2019, 08:44 AM   #40
rockysmith76
Suspended

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Wow, you can't even get that right!

I'm saying that your post is nonsensical. Either clarify it, or don't, but don't pretend that this is about anything else.
Clarification: Nunes has a lawsuit out there against twitter to reveal the identity behind an account acting as a satirical cow, because his farm isn't in the State he claims it is. Clear enough?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics