ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Charlie Kirk , Neo-Nazis , Nick Fuentes , Trump supporters , white nationalists

Old 11th November 2019, 06:19 AM   #1
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

Neo-Nazis demanding a seat at the conservative table

An interesting turn of events in conservative US politics, Neo-Nazis have been showing up to mainstream conservative events and asserting their place as part of the movement.

There has been a series of events in which neo-nazis and other right wing nationalists have been heckling mainstream conservative types. This seems to be an escalation of the conflict between Turning Point's Charlie Kirk, a campus-based mainstream conservative group, and Nick Fuentes, a white-nationalist internet pundit. The nationalists have been attending TPUSA events and demanding that they be heard, or otherwise heckling the events.

This has escaped the Kirk-Fuentes feud now as Donald Trump Jr. was similarly heckled by nationalists at one of his book tour events.

It seems that the extreme right is no longer happy to accept dog-whistles and token efforts and is demanding that their ideas be taken seriously and answered directly. The nationalists have the opinion that MAGA has failed to be sufficiently anti-immigrant, anti-free trade, and generally not as extreme as promised.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/char...ing-point-usa/

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 11th November 2019 at 06:23 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 06:23 AM   #2
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm all for it. Force Magascum and Trumptrash to embrace the logical outcome of their "ideas".
Old 11th November 2019, 06:31 AM   #3
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
The nationalists have the opinion that MAGA has failed to be sufficiently anti-immigrant, anti-free trade, and generally not as extreme as promised.
Yep, even Trump is not enough for them.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 06:34 AM   #4
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Yep, even Trump is not enough for them.
You have to admit, Trump's been doing a pretty fine job of straddling the fence, playing the mainstream conservative while still making fairly bold gestures to the fringe right. His veneer of deniability is pretty thin as it is, but I guess the Nazis want open endorsement at this point.

But talk is cheap, and the Nazis want more. Hope this rift tears the party apart, but I'm not sure what the play is here for the right wingers. Hopefully they are too short-sighted to see that Trump is their best option at the moment and continue to attack their own.
Old 11th November 2019, 07:18 AM   #5
plague311
Great minds think...

Hope this rift tears the party apart, but I'm not sure what the play is here for the right wingers.
The problem for the right is that if they split and try to form 2 factions it's almost guaranteed they'll never have a majority again.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 07:20 AM   #6
Distracted1
Illuminator

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
The problem for the right is that if they split and try to form 2 factions it's almost guaranteed they'll never have a majority again.
That is a problem for either Party.
Old 11th November 2019, 08:59 AM   #7
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

This has escaped the Kirk-Fuentes feud now as Donald Trump Jr. was similarly heckled by nationalists at one of his book tour events.
Can we all just take moment to appreciate the delicious irony of Trump Jr. being booed offstage by other conservatives at a promotional event for a book entitled Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 09:01 AM   #8
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Can we all just take moment to appreciate the delicious irony of Trump Jr. being booed offstage by other conservatives at a promotional event for a book entitled Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us?
The Trump family is immune to irony. Jr. makes an ass of himself on a daily basis.
Old 11th November 2019, 09:08 AM   #9
Donal
Illuminator

I like how his side piece, who he also acquired from FOX News, spoke to them like a bunch of children.

Quote:
Guilfoyle, forced to shout to make herself heard, told students in the crowd: “You’re not making your parents proud by being rude and disruptive.”
Vampires are more capable of self reflection.
Old 11th November 2019, 12:19 PM   #10
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

It seems that the extreme right is no longer happy to accept dog-whistles and token efforts and is demanding that their ideas be taken seriously and answered directly. The nationalists have the opinion that MAGA has failed to be sufficiently anti-immigrant, anti-free trade, and generally not as extreme as promised.

The Kirk guy was on stage with Don Jr. at that event. The Neon-Nazis planned to ask him questions that would expose his alleged agenda and make it impossible for Don Jr and Sr to further associate with him. This schism is most of all about them trying to isolate people they think have infiltrated and are subverting their MAGA thing on behalf of a foreign power (guess which).
Old 11th November 2019, 12:25 PM   #11
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
The Kirk guy was on stage with Don Jr. at that event. The Neon-Nazis planned to ask him questions that would expose his alleged agenda and make it impossible for Don Jr and Sr to further associate with him. This schism is most of all about them trying to isolate people they think have infiltrated and are subverting their MAGA thing on behalf of a foreign power (guess which).
Huh? That all made sense...Not. Can anyone say "koo koo"?
Old 11th November 2019, 12:26 PM   #12
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
I like how his side piece, who he also acquired from FOX News, spoke to them like a bunch of children.

Vampires are more capable of self reflection.
Nommed

Bram Stoker would have been proud to call that observation his own!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 12:26 PM   #13
ahhell
Master Poster

The Trump family is immune to irony. Jr. makes an ass of himself on a daily basis.
Sure, but most days he's overshadowed by his father's making an ass out of himself.

I for one do not want neo-nazi's being allowed a seat at any table. I hope American conservatives can keep them at bay and hopefully shake off Trumpism too.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 12:29 PM   #14
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post

OK Boomer.
Old 11th November 2019, 12:30 PM   #15
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
Sure, but most days he's overshadowed by his father's making an ass out of himself.

I for one do not want neo-nazi's being allowed a seat at any table. I hope American conservatives can keep them at bay and hopefully shake off Trumpism too.
Then we shouldn't have elected someone who regularly retweets and cites them for fact as president. But we did and as a major influencer of the president they have a seat at the table.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 12:45 PM   #16
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

That detail did escape my attention. Perhaps the heckling of Trump Jr. was largely collateral damage in the extreme right's focus on Kirk. I'll be interested to see if this activity grows to include other mainstream conservatives, or if it remains focused on Kirk.

My understanding is that the far-right aren't particularly fond of the Trump children, or at least they don't like Ivanka and Jared, as they are seen as moderating voices in opposition to Trump's most reactionary instincts.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 11th November 2019 at 12:48 PM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 01:33 PM   #17
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

That detail did escape my attention. Perhaps the heckling of Trump Jr. was largely collateral damage in the extreme right's focus on Kirk.

The orders from the Neon-Nazi Führer came loud and clear:

Originally Posted by Andre Wang Lin
Tomorrow is the final battle in Episode I of the Groyper War. Donald Trump Jr. is going to be at UCLA with Charlie Kirk for an official Turning Point USA event that I believe they are going to have to stream live on their YouTube channel.

We have a specific goal at this event, so for this one, forget everything we’ve done so far.

In LA, we want to drive a wedge between Charlie Kirk and President Trump by making the former look stupid in front of the son of the latter.

Thus, after listening to Groyper General Alpha Nick Fuentes, I must advise that no questions be asked about Israel, because that is an actual issue that Donald Trump and Charlie Kirk agree on.

Instead, we need to focus on our other two issues, namely immigration and sexual degeneracy. But everything must be done with the primary goal of humiliating Kirk, and showing that he does not represent the base, at all. We should also not hesitate to purposefully humiliate Kirk on a personal level.

Of course this is all in the open if you know where to look so if the targets aren't completely without intelligence (in the informational sense), they knew what was coming and apparently fleeing the stage after insulting the audience was the best they were able to come up with. The Führer was pleased.
Old 11th November 2019, 02:16 PM   #18
Mumbles
Philosopher

Makes sense to me. after all, the the "other" if the base of the modern GOP, so why wouldn't they do this?
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 02:20 PM   #19
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

OK Boomer.
Go ahead. That post was koo koo nonsense. It's all a comspiracy against poor Putin. Waah.
Old 11th November 2019, 02:31 PM   #20
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

I took just such a moment when I read about it. I also indulged in a huge .

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 03:10 PM   #21
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Go ahead. That post was koo koo nonsense. It's all a comspiracy against poor Putin. Waah.

It's just a flesh wound.
Old 11th November 2019, 03:25 PM   #22
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

My understanding is that the far-right aren't particularly fond of the Trump children, or at least they don't like Ivanka and Jared, as they are seen as moderating voices in opposition to Trump's most reactionary instincts.
They're Jewish. They have Jewish children. One might even say Ivanka is a traitor to her race.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 08:19 PM   #23
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Irony so thick you can slice it with a bread knife!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2019, 09:34 PM   #24
Horhang
Scholar

An interesting turn of events in conservative US politics, Neo-Nazis have been showing up to mainstream conservative events and asserting their place as part of the movement.

There has been a series of events in which neo-nazis and other right wing nationalists have been heckling mainstream conservative types. This seems to be an escalation of the conflict between Turning Point's Charlie Kirk, a campus-based mainstream conservative group, and Nick Fuentes, a white-nationalist internet pundit. The nationalists have been attending TPUSA events and demanding that they be heard, or otherwise heckling the events.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/char...ing-point-usa/
This is not an accurate description of the event. A full video of the event is here.
https://crooksandliars.com/2019/11/d...ge-book-launch
Horhang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 04:16 AM   #25
Belz...
Fiend God

OK Boomer.
Sure thing, tovarich.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 05:12 AM   #26
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Nope. They can't even sit at the kiddie table.
Old 12th November 2019, 05:38 AM   #27
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Nope. They can't even sit at the kiddie table.
Yet they are some of the most popular generators of talking points and ideology, see Trump and Tucker Carlson. Does that not mean they are already at the table?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 05:51 AM   #28
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Yet they are some of the most popular generators of talking points and ideology, see Trump and Tucker Carlson. Does that not mean they are already at the table?
Sure, and they generally love Tucker. Prime-time fox opinion is closing the gap between mainstream conservatives and open white nationalism. Turning Point USA has been a very public about distancing itself from open white nationalists, so they are being targeted as an example to the rest of conservatism.
Old 18th November 2019, 06:32 AM   #29
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

The squabble continues:

Young Americans for Freedom (YAF), a conservative campus group, has dropped Michelle Malkin after her support of open white supremacist Nick Fuentes.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conser...locaust-denier

YAF is shocked to learn that Malkin, author of the book "In Defense of Internment", is an ethno-nationalist.
Old 18th November 2019, 07:34 AM   #30
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

YAF is shocked to learn that Malkin, author of the book "In Defense of Internment", is an ethno-nationalist.

Sure, there's a certain amount of schadenfreude in watching these guys "realize" what we've been telling them all along, but look on the bright side: it's clear from their behavior that, even if they don't realize that racism is inherently wrong, they're at least starting to realize that it might be a losing electoral position - which means that they're hearing something, from somewhere, that's finally convinced them they're losing votes over this. Which means that a significant number of actual voters have realized that racism is inherently wrong.

That's got to be a good thing.
Old 18th November 2019, 07:48 AM   #31
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Sure, there's a certain amount of schadenfreude in watching these guys "realize" what we've been telling them all along, but look on the bright side: it's clear from their behavior that, even if they don't realize that racism is inherently wrong, they're at least starting to realize that it might be a losing electoral position - which means that they're hearing something, from somewhere, that's finally convinced them they're losing votes over this. Which means that a significant number of actual voters have realized that racism is inherently wrong.

That's got to be a good thing.
Conservative party shocked to find large pack of unruly, feral dogs causing a ruckus on their lawn after years of dog-whistling.
Old 18th November 2019, 08:01 AM   #32
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

As well they should demand a seat at the table. It's been over two years since Der Trumpenfuher said they were very fine people.
Old 18th November 2019, 08:18 AM   #33
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress
The orders from the Neon-Nazi Führer came loud and clear:

Originally Posted by Andre Wang Lin
Here's a recording of a podcast interview in which Andre Wang Lin denies AIDS / HIV.

hidden link is to bit chute
https://www.bitchute.com/video/t6diBdLz4pDL/
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 01:18 PM   #34
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The squabble continues:

Young Americans for Freedom (YAF), a conservative campus group, has dropped Michelle Malkin after her support of open white supremacist Nick Fuentes.

She's not even white, which makes it kind of weird.
Old 18th November 2019, 01:53 PM   #35
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Here's a recording of a podcast interview in which Andre Wang Lin denies AIDS / HIV.

Uhhm, ok, but why? Isn't this thread unappetizing enough already?
Old 18th November 2019, 02:06 PM   #36
Donal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
She's not even white, which makes it kind of weird.
That's what made her semi popular. She makes a good shield.

"We can't be racist and misogynist. We have an Asian lady."
Old 18th November 2019, 02:15 PM   #37
carlitos
"más divertido"

According to Daniel Harper of the I don't speak German podcast, many of the neo-nazis he knows have a thing for the Asian ladies. Andrew Anglin of the Daily Stormer spent a fair amount of time in Davao City, Philippines, hitting on everything that moved, including girls as young as 14.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 05:44 PM   #38
luchog
Neo-Post-Retro-Revivalist

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
That's what made her semi popular. She makes a good shield.

"We can't be racist and misogynist. We have an Asian lady."

Good old Tokenism and Model Minority at work.

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
According to Daniel Harper of the I don't speak German podcast, many of the neo-nazis he knows have a thing for the Asian ladies. Andrew Anglin of the Daily Stormer spent a fair amount of time in Davao City, Philippines, hitting on everything that moved, including girls as young as 14.

A lot of people forget that the Nazis have always had a thing for Asians. Hitler himself referred to the Japanese as "honorary Aryans". He did the same for the Arab rulers of Palestine, who were themselves engaged in pogroms against the Jewish communities there.
When you say that fascists should only be defeated through debate, what you're really saying is that the marginalized and vulnerable should have to endlessly argue for their right to exist; and at no point should they ever be fully accepted, and the debate considered won.
luchog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 05:54 PM   #39
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The squabble continues:

Yeah, that is definelty in Claude Rains "I am shocked...SHOCKED" in "Casablanca" territory.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 05:57 PM   #40
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Conservative party shocked to find large pack of unruly, feral dogs causing a ruckus on their lawn after years of dog-whistling.

I am very disgusted at Consevatives in America at the moment. Not least because on some fiscal issues and defense issues I would be considered a moderate conservative. No wonder a lot of conservatives call themselves "Libertarians".
Problem is the crazy relatives that the conservatives had kept locked in the attic except at election day have escapes and are running all over the house.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics