IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 31st December 2016, 10:31 AM   #1
MrFliop
Thinker

Every 9/11 Conspiracy Theory Ever List

So, I've been thinking of making my own internet documentary debunking 9/11 Conspiracy theories. I would also like that when I upload this film not to have truthers in the comment section to come crying that I didn't explain this or that. So to prevent us from going in circles I' like to address EVERY claim made by 9/11 truthers. I know most of them but to be sure, If anyone here is so kind to post(or PM me) a complete list of every single 9/11 Conspiracy claim from 9/11/01 to present.
MrFliop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2016, 11:46 AM   #2
Mark F
Graduate Poster

The currency of the CT is ambiguity, insinuation and innuendo. More often than not it is difficult to say what they are actually claiming. I often wonder if they even know.
Old 31st December 2016, 03:12 PM   #3
fagin
Philosopher

Why? Idiocy doesn't need debunking, it needs ignoring.

It's simple enough to explain what happened.
Old 31st December 2016, 03:39 PM   #4
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

Conspiracy theorists don't generally put forward a positive argument for the events of 9/11. They just poke at whatever holes they think they can find.

There's no way to fully and finally debunk what comes down to not being an argument at all or, even worse, an argument that assumes secret technologies that do not exist.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2017, 06:04 AM   #5
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MrFliop View Post
So, I've been thinking of making my own internet documentary debunking 9/11 Conspiracy theories. I would also like that when I upload this film not to have truthers in the comment section to come crying that I didn't explain this or that. So to prevent us from going in circles I' like to address EVERY claim made by 9/11 truthers. I know most of them but to be sure, If anyone here is so kind to post(or PM me) a complete list of every single 9/11 Conspiracy claim from 9/11/01 to present.
The greatest 9/11 conspiracy theory is that the people like Jones were ever scientists, or that Tony S. Was ever an actual engineer.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 12:49 AM   #6
Playing Games
Thinker

Even if you you address every single claim made by truthers they'll still cry.

Good luck with that!
Playing Games is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 11:25 AM   #7
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MrFliop View Post

I can post a few that I've heard over the years.

1. 9/11 was an inside to job and used as an excuse to go to war

2. It was impossible for fire to have been responsible for the destruction at ground zero

3. Explosives were planted in the WTC Towers during a weekend power shutdown

4. WTC 1, WTC 2, and WTC 7 collapsed within their footprints.

5. The WTC buildings collapsed at free-fall or near-free-fall speed

6. DEW beams took out the WTC buildings

7. The WTC buildings were nuked

8. Burned vehicles proved that nukes were used to demolish the WTC buildings

9. A crater found at ground zero proved the use of nukes

10. Molten steel was seen flowing from the northeast corner of WTC 2

11. Molten steel was discovered at ground zero

12. Microspheres and red/gray primer at ground zero proved the use of thermite and/or nano-thermite

13. People heard explosions (implying the explosions involved explosives)

14. The so-called WTC "meteorites" consisted of molten steel and concrete

15. WTC 1, WTC 2, and WTC 7 were taken down by explosives and/or thermite/nano-thermite

16. No aircraft struck WTC 1 and WTC 2

17. A military aircraft struck WTC 2

18. Missiles struck the WTC Towers

19. Remote controlled aircraft struck the WTC Towers

20. Tampering with a transponder will render an aircraft invisible to radar

21. ACARS proved the 9/11 aircraft still airborne after they were reported to have crashed.

22. American 77 passed north of the gas station

23. American 77 passed over the Pentagon and landed safely at Ronald Reagan National Airport

24. A cruise missile struck the Pentagon

25. No aircraft struck the Pentagon

26. No aircraft wreckage was found at the Pentagon

27. The Pentagon was taken down by explosives

28. The banking maneuver that Hani conducted before slamming into the Pentagon would have been impossible for him to do.

29. The Pentagon’s C-ring exit hole was made by a cruise missile

30. United 93 was shot down by an F-16

31. A white jet was involved in the shootdown of United 93

32. There was a stand down directive

33. The 9/11 aircraft were switched

34. The 9/11 aircraft were drones that were flown under remote control

35. United 93 landed safely at Cleveland airport

36. Passengers of United 93 were seen boarding a bus at Cleveland airport

37. It was impossible for the 9/11 aircraft to have reached the reported airspeeds and stay intact

38. The 9/11 aircraft were holograms

39. United 93 did not crash at Shanksville

40. 9/11 aircraft did not crash but landed at other airports

41. Osama bin Laden is innocent and was not involved in 9/11
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 03:09 PM   #8
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

It's impossible to debunk conspiracy theories at least in the mind of the person you are arguing with. Most are so ingrained in their belief that even when you dismantle their argument in every way they rely on how Ryan Mackey so perfectly described it so the cognitive dissonance doesn't get in their way. I just posted this in the "Truther stupidity thread" a few days ago:

Quote:
doesn't matter if you have proof of them doing so, the fact is its utterly impossible
So even when proof is provided it is not accepted.

There's just simply no where to go with that.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump

Last edited by cantonear1968; 8th January 2017 at 03:10 PM.
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 03:55 PM   #9
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I think my all time favourite is that there were no planes and the plane-shaped holes were instead made by multiple cruise missiles striking from different angles.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2017, 05:11 PM   #10
MileHighMadness
Muse

Leroy Hulsey new study is open and transparent

Richard Gage wants a new investigation

David Ray Griffin tells the truth

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories