IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th October 2013, 08:08 AM   #401
Stamuel
Muse

Originally Posted by Animal View Post
He had the deer in the head lights look on many occasions when the television camera light turned on. Ascribing intelligence based on stage presence is really silly.........but feeds into the political talking points. I guess that is why some people think hollywood stars are so brilliant.

Having met Bush and seeing him work a room, he was not dumb. I don't agree with a lot of what he did, was sincerely and thought about things before reacting he just could not turn on the tears on cue like his predecessor.

I do think that some in the MSM went out of their way to make him look foolish.....just as many go out of their way now to protect our narcissistic child emperor.
I agree with this for the most part. My point was only about perception and potential propaganda value. Why go out of your way for this?
Stamuel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2013, 10:00 AM   #402
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
YL, George was the President, he sent the troops to war over 911 and you reckon he had a brain freeze. Ask anyone of age where they were when they heard that Elvis had sadly died....and they can tell you, but George can't get his 911 story straight. Give me a break.
Actually, a lot of people have their 9/11 memories wrong. Many claim to have seen the second plane hit the building live on TV, when it's impossible that they did. Because it wasn't broadcast live in the first place.

Also, Bush also went to war over Iraq's alleged WMDs. You remember when they found those, right?
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2013, 02:41 PM   #403
Animal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BenjaminTR View Post
I agree with this for the most part. My point was only about perception and potential propaganda value. Why go out of your way for this?

I agree.....either way, the idea that Bush was in on it, or too stupid to be in on it and was a puppet are just silly
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2013, 07:22 AM   #404
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Been a full week, still waiting for SoG to crawl out of his hole and do what he said he would do. Anyone want to place bets on his return?
Old 19th October 2013, 08:19 AM   #405
Wolrab
Illuminator

Can we change the title to. "I'm Just Going to Regurgitate Stuff I'm too Lazy To Fact Check"?
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2013, 08:30 AM   #406
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Been a full week, still waiting for SoG to crawl out of his hole and do what he said he would do. Anyone want to place bets on his return?
Twoofers need asbestos underpants if they want to enter our kitchen.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2013, 09:25 AM   #407
TjW
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Twoofers need asbestos underpants if they want to enter our kitchen.
Or something they're even less likely to possess: actual facts and evidence.
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2013, 09:32 AM   #408
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by TjW View Post
Or something they're even less likely to possess: actual facts and evidence.
They never will have that so some sort of protective clothing is a must. I'll bet that our armchair twoofer warrior will not return.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2013, 09:00 AM   #409
Robrob
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Sure loser of a bet...

Quote:
Last Activity: 14th October 2013 11:32 PM
Old 5th November 2013, 12:39 AM   #410
sonofgloin
Thinker

Truthers seem to have no full theory of what happened.
Nor do you tiger....but this reporter, on the scene, on the day, has a testimony that you should attempt to refute....sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcWT2lQszEE
sonofgloin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 12:41 AM   #411
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by Robrob View Post
Sure loser of a bet...
Please Rob, I have a life, it sometimes takes up tracts of time.....I should have mentioned that I would be back....let the whacka whatever begin.....good to talk china......and Mark I do appreciate the thought and effort in your replies. Once again I do read them.

Last edited by sonofgloin; 5th November 2013 at 12:47 AM.
sonofgloin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 06:28 AM   #412
dafydd
Banned

Nor do you tiger.
Yes I do, it's what you twoofers call the official theory. Do you have a full alternative theory? If so then bring it on. Tiger? Have you been talking to my girlfriend?
Old 5th November 2013, 07:24 AM   #413
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Nor do you tiger....but this reporter, on the scene, on the day, has a testimony that you should attempt to refute....sport.

You mean that part when he says that there are pieces of aircraft in front of the building?

,, and would you mind terribly if I point out that you skipped merrily past the question asked.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 08:52 AM   #414
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
You mean that part when he says that there are pieces of aircraft in front of the building?

,, and would you mind terribly if I point out that you skipped merrily past the question asked.
Why should he answer questions? Question answering has low ego ROI.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:34 AM   #415
dafydd
Banned

Why don't twoofers ever have answers?
Old 5th November 2013, 11:17 AM   #416
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

... Why would we want to refute "That would indicate that the plane crashed into the side of the Pentagon & caused the wall to collapse."?
Old 5th November 2013, 12:14 PM   #417
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Please Rob, I have a life, it sometimes takes up tracts of time.....I should have mentioned that I would be back....let the whacka whatever begin.....good to talk china......and Mark I do appreciate the thought and effort in your replies. Once again I do read them.
What else did the corner at the site in Pennsylvania say about the crash?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 03:48 PM   #418
The Big Dog

Hee hee! You mean the reporter who said it was obvious that the plane hit and entered the Pentagon causing the floors to later collapse?

There is NO WAY I CAN REFUTE THAT, champ.

Magnificent!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 03:56 PM   #419
Justin39640
Illuminator

"The only pieces left, that you can see, are small enough that you can pick up in your hand..."
Refuted by your own video.
Old 5th November 2013, 04:48 PM   #420
Redwood
Graduate Poster

What's to refute? He says a plane didn't crash near the Pentagon, it crashed into the Pentagon. Sort of like Flounder and Dean Wormer.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 06:38 PM   #421
dafydd
Banned

Are you related to Clayton? He also posts videos that say the exact opposite of his claim. Well done tiger cub.
Old 5th November 2013, 07:30 PM   #422
ozeco41
Philosopher

Are you related to Clayton? He also posts videos that say the exact opposite of his claim. Well done tiger cub.
David Chandler also has that disease.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 07:50 PM   #423
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Awesome. You are back. Did you have time for some experiments?
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Here's an experiment you can do. Put a frog into an air cannon (please find one already dead) fire at mound of gravel and dirt at 600 mph. Report your findings.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 08:31 PM   #424
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Talk about a self-inflicted wound...

Did you link to the video you intended to link?
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2013, 08:39 PM   #425
Robrob
Philosopher

And with your near month long absence, you seem to have neglected providing any answers to the questions posed or doing any research of your own.
Old 6th November 2013, 01:19 AM   #426
sonofgloin
Thinker

Jay the reporter opens with:
"From my close up inspection there is no evidence of a plane having crashed anywhere near the Pentagon"

He goes on to report:
The only pieces left that you can see are small enough that you can pick up in your hand"

No fusalage, no wings, no seats, no luggage....and the impact only partially demolished the building but destroyed documents and people that could shed some light on the trillions missing that Rumsfeld talked about the day before 9/11.......Funny that.
Old 6th November 2013, 02:22 AM   #427
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Why should he answer questions? Question answering has low ego ROI.
Bit harsh mate, I would prefer to be swayed to the "company" line....but I just do not see it.

I have given you at the scene footage of firefighters, reporters, civillians and Rudi Giuliani all reporting ongoing explosions on the lower flooors of WTC buildings, a President who makes up a story about having seen the plane crash on a TV at the school. Three historic firsts in regard to high rise's falling into their own footprint due to fires.

I will take the first hand on the scene testimony over anything you lot have to say...you and I were not there, these people were.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/cutter.html

Tis amazing that on the day we, the viewers heard reports of explosions continually from the live news feed....then after the fact....all explosions gone.....

Last edited by sonofgloin; 6th November 2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 6th November 2013, 02:39 AM   #428
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Awesome. You are back. Did you have time for some experiments?

Here is an experiment for you Trav...
Dive a plane that is is 155 feet long, with a wingspan of 125 feet, a tail height of 44 feet into a crater of about 40 feet across and 25 feet wide and make it completely disapear. This testimony from those who were there:

Bob Weaver, the ranking Pennsylvania state trooper at the crash site, recalled: "I was totally amazed that this big plane was just swallowed up in the ground. ... It took a while for it to sink in that there was an airplane in there."

Jon Meyer, the first reporter on the scene, said he was "able to get right up to the edge of the crater" where Flight 93 supposedly hit the ground. "All I saw was a crater filled with small, charred plane parts. Nothing that would even tell you that it was the plane. ... There were no suitcases, no recognizable plane parts, no body parts."

Local coroner Wallace Miller, who was also one of the first people to arrive, said the crater looked "like someone took a scrap truck, dug a 10-foot ditch, and dumped all this trash into it, I didn't see anything resembling a crash site."

Don't refute me sport, refute the eye witnesses.
Old 6th November 2013, 02:42 AM   #429
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Talk about a self-inflicted wound...

Did you link to the video you intended to link?
Bstrong, I note philosopher is your chosen accolade....is that "stand up philosopher?"
Old 6th November 2013, 03:09 AM   #430
ozeco41
Philosopher

...Don't refute me sport, refute the eye witnesses.
Why should "we" refute them? Two of the three you quote support the accepted narrative. The other one is neutral - doesn't support your claim.

Why are you calling witness evidence that rebuts your claim?
Can you not read? Comprehend?

Last edited by ozeco41; 6th November 2013 at 03:19 AM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 03:11 AM   #431
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Everything that McIntyre says is consistent with an airliner's having hit the façade and penetrated or shattered against the wall. He identifies what he takes to be pieces of aircraft debris and does not attribute them to anything else.
Old 6th November 2013, 03:33 AM   #432
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Dive a plane that is is 155 feet long, with a wingspan of 125 feet, a tail height of 44 feet into a crater of about 40 feet across and 25 feet wide and make it completely disapear. This testimony from those who were there.
The figures cited are just those of the central crater. There were trenches off the sides of that crater that match the length and dihedral of the wings of an airliner of the appropriate size and a smaller trench appropriately-angled and the right size to indicated the strike of the vertical stabilizer of an aircraft in slight banking attitude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 120-feet.jpg (52.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 6th November 2013, 05:03 AM   #433
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Bit harsh mate, I would prefer to be swayed to the "company" line....but I just do not see it.

I have given you at the scene footage of firefighters, reporters, civillians and Rudi Giuliani all reporting ongoing explosions on the lower flooors of WTC buildings, a President who makes up a story about having seen the plane crash on a TV at the school. Three historic firsts in regard to high rise's falling into their own footprint due to fires.

I will take the first hand on the scene testimony over anything you lot have to say...you and I were not there, these people were.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/cutter.html

Tis amazing that on the day we, the viewers heard reports of explosions continually from the live news feed....then after the fact....all explosions gone.....
Calling it as I see it. How about if you answer a question, and your answer is either wrong or irrelevant? Will you admit that it is?

To wit: read carefully for spelling and meaning differences, the following question. Answer as honestly as possible: Do explosions equal explosives?
Old 6th November 2013, 05:04 AM   #434
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Dive a plane that is is 155 feet long, with a wingspan of 125 feet, a tail height of 44 feet into a crater of about 40 feet across and 25 feet wide and make it completely disapear. This testimony from those who were there:

Bob Weaver, the ranking Pennsylvania state trooper at the crash site, recalled: "I was totally amazed that this big plane was just swallowed up in the ground. ... It took a while for it to sink in that there was an airplane in there."

Jon Meyer, the first reporter on the scene, said he was "able to get right up to the edge of the crater" where Flight 93 supposedly hit the ground. "All I saw was a crater filled with small, charred plane parts. Nothing that would even tell you that it was the plane. ... There were no suitcases, no recognizable plane parts, no body parts."

Local coroner Wallace Miller, who was also one of the first people to arrive, said the crater looked "like someone took a scrap truck, dug a 10-foot ditch, and dumped all this trash into it, I didn't see anything resembling a crash site."

How many engines did they find?
Old 6th November 2013, 05:19 AM   #435
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Why should "we" refute them? Two of the three you quote support the accepted narrative. The other one is neutral - doesn't support your claim.

Why are you calling witness evidence that rebuts your claim?
Remember, in Truther land only words and phrases that seem to support their personal brand of reality distortion resonate. Everything else comes out like the adults talking in a Peanuts cartoon.

Wah wah, wah wah wah wah.
Old 6th November 2013, 05:45 AM   #436
Mark F
Graduate Poster

OK, so Officer Weaver acknowledges there was an aircraft in that hole. What is there to refute or rebutt?

What Truthers never seem to grasp is that the vast majority of aircraft crashes - the kind we are all familiar with seeing on the evening news - happen during take-off and landing where the aircraft is moving relatively slowly and the impact angle is shallow. This is what people are accustomed to seeing in a "typical" airplane crash:

http://en.ria.ru/images/16159/50/161595036.jpg

Nothing about the crash of Flight 93 was "typical". It flew nose-first into the ground at 563mph, it didn't skim along the ground at 180mph. Of course there isn't going to be large pieces of easily recognizable aircraft left.

Quote:
Again, we have a witness that corroborates what we know happened. Flight 93 nose-dived into the ground at ridiculous speed blowing itself into millions of tiny pieces, leaving a crater full of "small, charred plane parts." Do you not acknowledge your witness is describing a crater filled with plane parts?

Quote:
Again we have a witness who corroborates what we know and would expect. The Flight 93 was by no means a typical aircraft crash site. Thank you for once again providing information from witness testimony that confirms the crash of Flight 93 in Shanksville. What are we supposed to be refuting here?

How about you refute Michael and Linda Sheply, both of whom watched Flight 93 crash into the ground:

http://www.post-gazette.com/region/2...s/201109040312

Lt. Weaver and Wallace Miller are both quoted in there too and they very clearly believe Shanksville was the crash site of Flight 93.

Refute that!

Or better yet, skip this latest derail attempt and stop avoiding the questions posed to you nearly a month ago. Or at the very least if you are going to derail please provide a comprehensive, evidence-based hypothesis for what you really think happened to Flight 93, the people on board and in Shanksville, how Larry Silverstein planned it all - and please show your work. So far you are off to a rough start by providing 3 witnesses who clearly believe and support "the official story". That you can't see they support it and not you is at least a bit disturbing.

Last edited by Mark F; 6th November 2013 at 06:19 AM.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 06:05 AM   #437
Animal
Master Poster

Why refute the eye witnesses when they refute your and other troofer claims?
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 06:55 AM   #438
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Apparently not. I love these stand-up twoofers. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
Old 6th November 2013, 07:29 AM   #439
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Jay the reporter opens with:
"From my close up inspection there is no evidence of a plane having crashed anywhere near the Pentagon"

He goes on to report:
The only pieces left that you can see are small enough that you can pick up in your hand"

No fusalage, no wings, no seats, no luggage....and the impact only partially demolished the building but destroyed documents and people that could shed some light on the trillions missing that Rumsfeld talked about the day before 9/11.......Funny that.
So when a reporter uses a little hyperbole you assume he means it literally. Good to know.
He states fairly succinctly that there are aircraft parts, and that the aircraft went INTO the building.
But let's say that you are correct, no large Boeing into the Pentagon. Tell me your scenario that gets aircraft parts, some fairly large, into the building. What gets human bodies in there. How does the FDR materialize? Let's see your scenario , as detailed as possible. Remember the questions, who, what, when, where, how. As best as you can, have at it.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 07:32 AM   #440
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

You can expand on these witness reports by telling us how many of them believe that there was no aircraft crashed at that site.

No, nevermind, none of them believe as you do. So the eyewitnesses you trot out don't believe you.
debunk-----DONE

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories