IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th November 2013, 07:34 AM   #441
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Bstrong, I note philosopher is your chosen accolade....is that "stand up philosopher?"
That would not be a 'chosen' notation SoG. That would be a forum default for having reached a certain number of posts.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 07:41 AM   #442
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Jay the reporter opens with:
"From my close up inspection there is no evidence of a plane having crashed anywhere near the Pentagon".
His observation was quite correct. No plane crashed anywhere near the Pentagon. A plane crashed right into the Pentagon, though.

Radar, wreckage, DNA and about a hundred eyewitnesses agree with the reporter.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 07:46 AM   #443
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Bit harsh mate, I would prefer to be swayed to the "company" line....but I just do not see it...
What do you see then?

We're all still on tenterhooks waiting to see if you have a coherent narrative which brings together the events of the day.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 08:43 AM   #444
CastorTroyy
Scholar

Here is an experiment for you Trav...
Dive a plane that is is 155 feet long, with a wingspan of 125 feet, a tail height of 44 feet into a crater of about 40 feet across and 25 feet wide and make it completely disapear. This testimony from those who were there:

Bob Weaver, the ranking Pennsylvania state trooper at the crash site, recalled: "I was totally amazed that this big plane was just swallowed up in the ground. ... It took a while for it to sink in that there was an airplane in there."

Jon Meyer, the first reporter on the scene, said he was "able to get right up to the edge of the crater" where Flight 93 supposedly hit the ground. "All I saw was a crater filled with small, charred plane parts. Nothing that would even tell you that it was the plane. ... There were no suitcases, no recognizable plane parts, no body parts."

Local coroner Wallace Miller, who was also one of the first people to arrive, said the crater looked "like someone took a scrap truck, dug a 10-foot ditch, and dumped all this trash into it, I didn't see anything resembling a crash site."

Don't refute me sport, refute the eye witnesses.
This is clearly a situation where context and reading comprehension will make or break you. You seem to have had the latter happen to yourself.

Quote:
"All I saw was a crater filled with small, charred plane parts. Nothing that would even tell you that it was the plane. ... There were no suitcases, no recognizable plane parts, no body parts."
This does NOT mean that NO suitcases, recognizable plane parts, body parts,"etc existed at the crash site - just that none of the above were immediately visible upon initial inspection.

Quote:
"Local coroner Wallace Miller, who was also one of the first people to arrive, said the crater looked "like someone took a scrap truck, dug a 10-foot ditch, and dumped all this trash into it, I didn't see anything resembling a crash site."
This is use of an analogy. He is simply saying that this is what he observed, aka "what it LOOKED like," NOT what he thought it WAS.
CastorTroyy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 09:11 AM   #445
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Dive a plane that is is 155 feet long, with a wingspan of 125 feet, a tail height of 44 feet into a crater of about 40 feet across and 25 feet wide and make it completely disapear. This testimony from those who were there:

Bob Weaver, the ranking Pennsylvania state trooper at the crash site, recalled: "I was totally amazed that this big plane was just swallowed up in the ground. ... It took a while for it to sink in that there was an airplane in there."

Jon Meyer, the first reporter on the scene, said he was "able to get right up to the edge of the crater" where Flight 93 supposedly hit the ground. "All I saw was a crater filled with small, charred plane parts. Nothing that would even tell you that it was the plane. ... There were no suitcases, no recognizable plane parts, no body parts."

Local coroner Wallace Miller, who was also one of the first people to arrive, said the crater looked "like someone took a scrap truck, dug a 10-foot ditch, and dumped all this trash into it, I didn't see anything resembling a crash site."

What else did the coroner say?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 10:15 AM   #446
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

sonofgloin you are ridiculous. I challenge you find ANY one of your eye witnesses who doesn't think a plane crashed actually occurred. Maybe it's time you became a REAL investigator and talked to ANY of these people about what happened instead of taking their comments in a vacuum.

You're the worst investigator EVER. A court of law would eat you for lunch.

Last edited by twinstead; 6th November 2013 at 10:16 AM.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 10:54 AM   #447
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
What do you see then?

We're all still on tenterhooks waiting to see if you have a coherent narrative which brings together the events of the day.
It's against the twoofer religion to present a full theory They have all sworn a solemn oath never to do so.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 11:36 AM   #448
IDB87
Illuminator

"From my close up inspection there is no evidence of a plane having crashed anywhere near the Pentagon"

He goes on to report:
The only pieces left that you can see are small enough that you can pick up in your hand"

No fusalage, no wings, no seats, no luggage....and the impact only partially demolished the building
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

All of the items you listed are extremely fragile, including the plane. What do you expect to happen to these items when they hit a concrete wall at 500mph?

Quote:
but destroyed documents and people that could shed some light on the trillions missing that Rumsfeld talked about the day before 9/11.......Funny that.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 6th November 2013, 11:41 AM   #449
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by IDB87 View Post

All of the items you listed are extremely fragile, including the plane. What do you expect to happen to these items when they hit a concrete wall at 500mph?

In Twooferland they bounce off.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 12:12 PM   #450
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
What else did the coroner say?
What does he want the coroner to have said? Contrary to what sonofgloin uh.... "thinks"... what's being refuted isn't the eyewitness, it's his/her twisted interpretation of the eyewitness that is being refuted. There's the information and testimony, and then there's the information and testimony with all of its associated context.
Old 6th November 2013, 01:08 PM   #451
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
What does he want the coroner to have said? Contrary to what sonofgloin uh.... "thinks"... what's being refuted isn't the eyewitness, it's his/her twisted interpretation of the eyewitness that is being refuted. There's the information and testimony, and then there's the information and testimony with all of its associated context.
I know; I'm really just calling him out for his quote mining. Honestly, what the coroner said about the crash in Pennsylvania wasn't all that hard to find. He does not seem very happy about his out of context quote being used by conspiracy theorists.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 01:24 PM   #452
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by CastorTroyy View Post
This is use of an analogy. He is simply saying that this is what he observed, aka "what it LOOKED like," NOT what he thought it WAS.
Too bad, Walter Ego's video channel is down. In one of his videos, a BBC reporter explains to an awkward-looking Dylan Avery what a simile is, as pertains to the coroner's words. I think I picked that up in 4th grade. The coroner had to go through all of those remains; it's so insulting to use his words to promote truther insanity. As I recall, Miller was "phlegmatic" about Avery's mis-use of his words.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 03:23 PM   #453
Justin39640
Illuminator

Avery gets schooled on grammar and Wallace Miller refutes SOG:
I AGREE

Last edited by Justin39640; 6th November 2013 at 03:25 PM.
Justin39640 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 03:26 PM   #454
Justin39640
Illuminator

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Too bad, Walter Ego's video channel is down. In one of his videos, a BBC reporter explains to an awkward-looking Dylan Avery what a simile is, as pertains to the coroner's words. I think I picked that up in 4th grade. The coroner had to go through all of those remains; it's so insulting to use his words to promote truther insanity. As I recall, Miller was "phlegmatic" about Avery's mis-use of his words.
See the video in my previous post
Old 6th November 2013, 03:27 PM   #455
dafydd
Banned

I know; I'm really just calling him out for his quote mining. Honestly, what the coroner said about the crash in Pennsylvania wasn't all that hard to find. He does not seem very happy about his out of context quote being used by conspiracy theorists.
I wonder if the libel laws would cover that?
Old 6th November 2013, 04:12 PM   #456
dafydd
Banned

sonofgloin is feverishly searching YooTwooferToob for more 'evidence'.
Old 6th November 2013, 06:05 PM   #457
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Justin39640 View Post
See the video in my previous post
Thanks. It was nice to see Dylan Avery nervously picking scabs on his arm on national television.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 07:02 PM   #458
Robrob
Philosopher

Why is it Truthers always seem to confuse normal speech and twist turns of a phrase into something it's not? Saying you couldn't tell it was a plane doesn't mean there was no plane there.
Old 6th November 2013, 08:43 PM   #459
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

It's not that I'm chastising you or anything (it doesn't seem you took it that way in any event) but these people seem to be under the impression that when we don't agree with them we're somehow insulting the eye witnesses and claiming they're wrong when the "wrong" that's being pointed out is of an entirely different nature.

I'm not gonna bother spending a whole lot of time with Sonofgloin over this stuff because like pretty much every case it seems he's not going to pay much heed to that issue. That being... you can draw out practically anything the imagination can think up from a person's words when one ignores context, and sonofgloin is going the hyper-literal route with believing things. If somebody told him a tornado sounded like a freight train, then his line of logic dictates that a freight train is what flattened the neighborhood... despite every thing pointing to a tornado. It's maddening....

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 6th November 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 09:57 PM   #460
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Dive a plane that is is 155 feet long, with a wingspan of 125 feet, a tail height of 44 feet into a crater of about 40 feet across and 25 feet wide and make it completely disappear. This testimony from those who were there: ...
You say completely disappear, and are about to quote mine people who saw thousands of aircraft parts all over the place. irony, and BS, are 911 truth in action

When is the last time you attended aircraft accident investigation school? Flight 93 is a classic high speed impact. All 911 truth claims are based on a lack of knowledge and an inability to do reality based research.

it is true, most of 911 truth knowledge is based on lies, quote-mined nonsense, and ignorance

Bob Weaver, the ranking Pennsylvania state trooper at the crash site, recalled: "I was totally amazed that this big plane was just swallowed up in the ground. ... It took a while for it to sink in that there was an airplane in there." ...
Once again, there was an airplane in there. What is your point?

Jon Meyer, the first reporter on the scene, said he was "able to get right up to the edge of the crater" where Flight 93 supposedly hit the ground. "All I saw was a crater filled with small, charred plane parts. Nothing that would even tell you that it was the plane. ... There were no suitcases, no recognizable plane parts, no body parts." ...
The key here is small charred aircraft parts. I love it when 911 truth debunks themselves with their own fantasy.

Not often are the general public witness to 500 mph impact. And it is ironic there are thousands of aircraft parts in photos of the area, and 911 truth can't see them. Eye check time.

Local coroner Wallace Miller, who was also one of the first people to arrive, said the crater looked "like someone took a scrap truck, dug a 10-foot ditch, and dumped all this trash into it, I didn't see anything resembling a crash site." ...
You mean the local coroner who said it was flight 93, and who identified all DNA profiles on flight 93? lol, you proved you and quote mine your way to nonsense. You proved nothing, you refute yourself, ignoring what Wally said in the end, what he found in the end; you take an out of context quote and build fantasy. Why do you make up lies based on nothing but a failed attempt to base a lie on a quote?

Reality debunks your claims. The eye witnesses all agree it was Flight 93, and 19 terrorists. Gee whiz, the Wally has the DNA of the 4 nuts on Flight 93 who were too chicken to fight the passengers. Like 911 truth is too lazy to learn aircraft accident investigation to see their ideas and silly stuff like quote mining witnesses, and ignoring reality are nonsense.

need some photos of the thousands of aircraft parts, which are from Flight 93, proved by RADAR, FDR, and DNA. oops, science steps in with hard evidence, blows away 911 truth lies based on quote-mined nonsense. ???

The basic problem is 911 truth can't read for comprehension... the Pentagon was not missing money, Rumsfeld was upset they could not account properly. LOL, does 911 truth read the original source before making failed claims>? Or what?

Last edited by beachnut; 6th November 2013 at 10:28 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 10:08 PM   #461
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
That would not be a 'chosen' notation SoG. That would be a forum default for having reached a certain number of posts.
Thanks Jay and apologies to Bstrong......
sonofgloin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 10:56 PM   #462
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
sonofgloin is feverishly searching YooTwooferToob for more 'evidence'.
Dafydd, the vast majority of my utube posts have been on the day observations from people who are still on the scene.......nothing wrong with presenting at the scene on the day eyewitness testimony whether it comes from utube or other media.

As I said in a previous post....all day long they are talking about secondary explosions.....then the very next day they never happened.....sanitized.

GWB lied on camera regarding how he first learned about one of the planes striking the tower....and his brother was in charge of WTC security....it stinks....every bit of it stinks. Larry Silverstein and his kids attended the WTC every working day since he signed the lease just weeks before 9/11....but on 9/11 he and his kids did not get there. He gives some lame excuse about his bride forcing him to get a skin cancer check...mummy wrote me a note...he is such a poor liar, here he goes with a "folksy" demeanor telling his story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ScGZCqEyGM

There are issues at EVERY crash site and at every level surrounding 9/11. Regarding national security on 9/11. All but one camera switched off at the Pentagon on 9/11 and no reaction to an aircraft entering the exclusion zone....and national air defense was busy with a training exercise on the day. The secret service left GWB sitting in an unfortified position rather than taking him to his reasonably secure limo just a minute away....it goes on and on and on and on.

You believe whatever you like D.....I aint buying it and I'm certainly not about convincing the likes of yourself. Not that you have added anything to our exchanges except twofer this or twofer that, but I have diligently read all the relevant replies from others who must believe that I can be brought around to another conclusion, but none have swayed my thoughts.

There are enough historical firsts and inconsistencies to surmise that Denmark has a refrigeration problem.....sport.
sonofgloin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 11:09 PM   #463
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

... the vast majority of my utube posts have been on the day observations from people who are still on the scene.......nothing wrong with presenting at the scene on the day eyewitness testimony whether it comes from utube or other media.
There is when you make up nonsense. It is called quote-mining, and it does not support 911 truth claims.

... As I said in a previous post....all day long they are talking about secondary explosions.....then the very next day they never happened.....sanitized.
No explosives were used on 911. Good luck with simile.

... GWB lied on camera regarding how he first learned about one of the planes striking the tower....and his brother was in charge of WTC security....it stinks....every bit of it stinks. Larry Silverstein and his kids attended the WTC every working day since he signed the lease just weeks before 9/11....but on 9/11 he and his kids did not get there. He gives some lame excuse about his bride forcing him to get a skin cancer check...mummy wrote me a note...he is such a poor liar, here he goes with a "folksy" demeanor telling his story.
His brother was not in charge of security. lol

Bush did not lie about how he saw where the first plane hit, he left out "where". It is ironic you can't decode Bush.

... There are issues at EVERY crash site and at every level surrounding 9/11. Regarding national security on 9/11. All but one camera switched off at the Pentagon on 9/11 and no reaction to an aircraft entering the exclusion zone....and national air defense was busy with a training exercise on the day. The secret service left GWB sitting in an unfortified position rather than taking him to his reasonably secure limo just a minute away....it goes on and on and on and on.
LOL, more nonsense. Military exercises would make the military more ready - NORAD does not shoot down hijacked planes, nor would they use armed aircraft to intercept them before 911. BS is king for 911 truth.

... You believe whatever you like D.....I aint buying it and I'm certainly not about convincing the likes of yourself. Not that you have added anything to our exchanges except twofer this or twofer that, but I have diligently read all the relevant replies from others who must believe that I can be brought around to another conclusion, but none have swayed my thoughts.
? 911 truth ignores evidence and fails. Where is the proof for any 911 truth claims?

... There are enough historical firsts and inconsistencies to surmise that Denmark has a refrigeration problem.....sport.
Only failed claims by 911 truth based on silly logic like this.

12 years, no facts from 911 truth. A perfect record of woo. A first?

911 truth can't reply with evidence, it will only be another fake study, another failed video, more quote mining, lots of lies, and zero evidence claims.
They can't refute the RADAR, DNA, and physical evidence, so they make up claims of Pentagon Videos, explosives, thermite, etc.

Last edited by beachnut; 6th November 2013 at 11:34 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2013, 11:40 PM   #464
Robrob
Philosopher

As I said in a previous post....all day long they are talking about secondary explosions.....then the very next day they never happened.....sanitized.
Or as a slightly less gullible person might say, it proved to have been incorrect.

Quote:
GWB lied on camera regarding how he first learned about one of the planes striking the tower.....
Wrong.

Quote:
his brother was in charge of WTC security....
Wrong.

Quote:
Larry Silverstein and his kids attended the WTC every working day since he signed the lease just weeks before 9/11.
Wrong.

Quote:
There are issues at EVERY crash site and at every level surrounding 9/11..
Wrong.

Quote:
All but one camera switched off at the Pentagon on 9/11 and no reaction to an aircraft entering the exclusion zone..
Wrong.

Quote:
and national air defense was busy with a training exercise on the day. .
Wrong.

Quote:
The secret service left GWB sitting in an unfortified position rather than taking him to his reasonably secure limo just a minute away....
Wrong.

Quote:
I have diligently read all the relevant replies from others who must believe that I can be brought around to another conclusion, but none have swayed my thoughts..
Obviously wrong.
Old 6th November 2013, 11:43 PM   #465
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Dive a plane that is is 155 feet long, with a wingspan of 125 feet, a tail height of 44 feet into a crater of about 40 feet across and 25 feet wide and make it completely disapear.
Well nothing disappeared. But if you want a smoking crater give me a Boeing 757 that I can remote control into a steep dive.

Quote:
This testimony from those who were there:

Yeah, note the last six words there: "there was an airplane in there."

What he describes is consistent with a high speed, nearly vertical crash.

Quote:
Again, what he describes is consistent with a high speed, nearly vertical crash.

Quote:
What is described, again, is consistent with a high speed, nearly vertical crash.

Quote:
Why should I? They describe a crash site consistent with a plane hitting the ground at high speed with a nearly vertical inclination.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2013, 12:03 AM   #466
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
You say completely disappear, and are about to quote mine people who saw thousands of aircraft parts all over the place. irony, and BS, are 911 truth in action
BS is it BN? All the first respondents found small pieces of aluminium; they all commented that nothing was recognizable as plane parts.

Take it from the first on the scene, if they were told it was a bus and fuel tanker accident they would have taken it for that. No recognizable parts....again for you:

"This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller"

"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler"

"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police"

Quote:
When is the last time you attended aircraft accident investigation school? Flight 93 is a classic high speed impact. All 911 truth claims are based on a lack of knowledge and an inability to do reality based research.

it is true, most of 911 truth knowledge is based on lies, quote-mined nonsense, and ignorance
Had your little slap slap BN. I will relate something that you needn’t be an investigator to know as a rational truth. At Shanksville the plane hit at an angle nearing 90 degrees. The soft strata "swallowed" the entire plane....but a major chunk of engine was found 1200 feet away. The earth swallowed the aluminium plane but recoiled the 1000 pound engine.....I'm laughing at the thought...really laughing.......sorry

"John Marshall, a state police fire marshal and criminal investigator who found this piece of wreckage, said it was "600 yards from the crash site."

Quote:
You mean the local coroner who said it was flight 93, and who identified all DNA profiles on flight 93? lol,
I don't want to pee on your slap fest BN....but the AFI pathology lab did the DNA tests. Our mate the coroner who has backed away from his "on the scene" comments at light speed is an undertaker in smalltown nowhere USA....the undertaker sport....that is why he is the local coroner....you haven't got a clue have you champ...your battling.
Quote:
The basic problem is 911 truth can't read for comprehension... the Pentagon was not missing money, Rumsfeld was upset they could not account properly. LOL, does 911 truth read the original source before making failed claims>? Or what?
And now they will never know will they Sherlock...it is on public record...the object blew up the Pentagon Budget Analysis Office....most of the dead were accountants......your in fairy land...white hat black hat is your level of analysis.

Nah mate...your ordinary.....very sheeplike, but good at it.
Old 7th November 2013, 12:18 AM   #467
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by Robrob View Post
Or as a slightly less gullible person might say, it proved to have been incorrect.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Obviously wrong.

That is no reply Rob....I will show you one of the facts I noted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3O6Ekkog8

I can't believe GWB's line of "the TV was obviously on" ....that is a liars patter...to qualify what they say regarding something that should need no qualification, it gives their mind the time to concoct an answer.

So there you go Rob me lad...your dead wrong china.
Old 7th November 2013, 12:26 AM   #468
sonofgloin
Thinker

Originally Posted by Travis View Post

Why should I? They describe a crash site consistent with a plane hitting the ground at high speed with a nearly vertical inclination.
As I said to BN Trav, if you told them it was a bus accident they would have said yes. I never said that 93 never ended up there, but that hole has nothing to do with 93....the people were there I believe the DNA, but as I mentioned the 40 foot wide hole and the official story is unacceptable to me, particularly when taken as a part of a conspiratorial whole.
Old 7th November 2013, 12:30 AM   #469
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

That is no reply Rob....I will show you one of the facts I noted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3O6Ekkog8

I can't believe GWB's line of "the TV was obviously on" ....that is a liars patter...to qualify what they say regarding something that should need no qualification, it gives their mind the time to concoct an answer.

So there you go Rob me lad...your dead wrong china.
Wow. Argumentum ad yootoobem. How convincing.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2013, 01:23 AM   #470
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

As I said to BN Trav, if you told them it was a bus accident they would have said yes. I never said that 93 never ended up there, but that hole has nothing to do with 93....the people were there I believe the DNA, but as I mentioned the 40 foot wide hole and the official story is unacceptable to me, particularly when taken as a part of a conspiratorial whole.
Then take up your problems with the laws of physics. Because you seem to think they are wrong.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2013, 03:58 AM   #471
Muc
Critical Thinker

"From my close up inspection there is no evidence of a plane having crashed anywhere near the Pentagon"

He goes on to report:
The only pieces left that you can see are small enough that you can pick up in your hand"

It always baffles me how most of the videos or it didn't happen no-planers (the Pentagon/Shanksville kind) don't seem to realize that a reporter standing on the street below one of the impact holes in the Twin Towers could have said exactly the same.
Muc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2013, 04:11 AM   #472
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

A month ago, I wrote:

I'm coming round to thinking he's just having a little fun with us.

After all, the quote mining he presented from Shanksville could only be interpreted as supporting a truther perspective if that was all you knew about what was said. Those mischievously selected snippets allowed him to imply something quite contrary to what the original speakers intended to convey, but recall that he was quite emphatic that he personally remembers what was said at the time, so any possible excuse that he only came upon those misleading fragments on a truther site would not stand up.

So I don't think he's a truther. I think he's just having a bit of fun. And after all, what could be a more appropriate subject for lighthearted teasing than the worst terrorist atrocity in history?
And since SoG has returned regurgitating the same old stuff, it still seems appropriate.

He doesn't believe what he writes. He is not attempting to persuade anyone that the patent nonsense he writes is true. He just enjoys the reaction he provokes.
Old 7th November 2013, 04:14 AM   #473
dafydd
Banned

There are enough historical firsts and inconsistencies to surmise that Denmark has a refrigeration problem.....sport.
What does sport have to do with refrigeration problems?
Old 7th November 2013, 04:29 AM   #474
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
What does sport have to do with refrigeration problems?
One is man thinking of gold,
The other is ham stinking of mould.

Oh, something like that, anyway. Needs work.
Old 7th November 2013, 04:36 AM   #475
dafydd
Banned

What do you see then?

sonofgloin, stop with the vague insults and quote mining and address this please. We know you won't but I thought I would ask.
Old 7th November 2013, 04:46 AM   #476
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Like I said. sonofgloin you are the worst investigator EVER. Have you asked ANY of your eye witnesses yet if they think a plane actually crashed?
Old 7th November 2013, 05:30 AM   #477
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Like I said. sonofgloin you are the worst investigator EVER. Have you asked ANY of your eye witnesses yet if they think a plane actually crashed?
He makes the classic mistake of all CT's of not asking himself the fundamental questions about any of his own claims:

1. Is it true?
2. So what if it is? What does that change?

He either can't or won't answer the first and he definately can't do the second since that would require putting his jumbled mess of random claims and cherry-picked mis-quotes into something resembling a comprehensive narrative of what happened. It is quite clear he is incapable of doing that so really this discussion is irrelevant.

He refuses to present anything worth refuting.
Old 7th November 2013, 06:16 AM   #478
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Bstrong, I note philosopher is your chosen accolade....is that "stand up philosopher?"
I see that you know as much about the JREF poster rating system as you do about the actual facts of 9/11.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2013, 07:32 AM   #479
IDB87
Illuminator

Dafydd, the vast majority of my utube posts have been on the day observations from people who are still on the scene.......nothing wrong with presenting at the scene on the day eyewitness testimony whether it comes from utube or other media.
No, there is nothing wrong with it, but I believe you're putting far too much weight into initial observations to unfolding events from people who may or may not be qualified to make those observations.

Quote:
Thousands of people picked over the rubble for weeks, and found nothing resembling anything close to explosives. That people heard explosions is not evidence of explosives.

Quote:
and national air defense was busy with a training exercise on the day.
While there were war games taking place that day, there were still fighters on standby. This is a clear lie.

Quote:
The secret service left GWB sitting in an unfortified position rather than taking him to his reasonably secure limo just a minute away....it goes on and on and on and on.
Why is this an issue? What protocols were violated? To say the CIA "should have done something", you need to show why they should have, and provide a precedent.
Old 7th November 2013, 07:41 AM   #480
Robrob
Philosopher

BS is it BN? All the first respondents found small pieces of aluminium; they all commented that nothing was recognizable as plane parts.

Take it from the first on the scene, if they were told it was a bus and fuel tanker accident they would have taken it for that. No recognizable parts....again for you:

"This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller"

"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler"

"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police"
Presumably English is your first language? In that case it's hard to imagine honest reasons you would be quote mining eye witness accounts looking for things to take out of context in support of your POV. Each one of your witnesses clearly states they saw the wreckage of a plane, so mangled as to be unrecognizable.

As a cop I've seen corpses, so mangled as to be unrecognizable as human. Does that mean they weren't there?

Quote:
. At Shanksville the plane hit at an angle nearing 90 degrees. The soft strata "swallowed" the entire plane....but a major chunk of engine was found 1200 feet away. The earth swallowed the aluminium plane but recoiled the 1000 pound engine.....I'm laughing at the thought...really laughing.......sorry
Your inability to understand simple physics is no cause for mirth. I blame the educational system. The aluminum main cabin crushed down into the crash site like a soda can being stomped on. The (solid) engines rebounded like billiard balls.

Quote:
And now they will never know will they Sherlock...it is on public record...the object blew up the Pentagon Budget Analysis Office....most of the dead were accountants......your in fairy land...white hat black hat is your level of analysis.
You would be able to provide a link to that "public record?"

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories