IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th December 2013, 07:49 PM   #561
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Justin39640 View Post
Now you're just milking it.
I can't help but feel that another big chunk of this thread is soon headed to AAH.
Old 5th December 2013, 08:33 PM   #562
Robrob
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
No, there are protection zones...they track you coming through them and when you get too close they toast you. I explained it to Erwin...again an excellent name.
This you know, how?
Old 5th December 2013, 09:18 PM   #563
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I can't help but feel that another big chunk of this thread is soon headed to AAH.
Was that a chunk of cheese, or a bowl to keep the floor clean?

The "23.99999999 hard facts" would be perfect in AAH.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...t-be-debunked/

Quote:
16) “Flight 93″ debris was spread out over many miles. Cheney admits to giving the order to shootdown 93. “shot down the plane over Pennsylvania” Rumsfeld, “nothing that you could distinguish that a plane had crashed there” ‘Chris Konicki. “Not a drop of blood” Coroner Wallace Miller. “there was no plane.” Mayor Ernie Stull.
Quote mining and no conclusion. 911 truth, 12 years of nothing.

Last edited by beachnut; 5th December 2013 at 09:40 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2013, 11:37 PM   #564
erwinl
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Imagine being a commercial airline pilot; "Oh crap, we're flying into Reagan today. Load the countermeasures and pack the parachutes!"
"I say John. What if you would wear a cowboy hat and introduce yourself on the radio as a major 'king' Kong? Maybe they would think we're one of them?"
Old 8th December 2013, 10:43 PM   #565
indio007
New Blood

Why don't you guys take me up on a challenge if you think aluminum will shear steel.

We have a fight to the death.
You get an aluminum sword and I get a steel one.

indio007 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2013, 11:28 PM   #566
Animal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by indio007 View Post
Why don't you guys take me up on a challenge if you think aluminum will shear steel.

That is fine.....you hold yours still, and I get to throw mine at 500 mph.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2013, 11:33 PM   #567
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Animal View Post
"The WINNER"

...ain't it easy when you comprehend physics.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 04:50 AM   #568
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Not even wrong.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 05:33 AM   #569
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Animal View Post
And you get to have your sword filled with jet fuel.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 06:43 AM   #570
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

How many straws of wheat embedded in tree trunks after a tornado does one need to see to realize that indio007's arguments are ridiculous?
Old 9th December 2013, 06:46 AM   #571
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

Or silhouettes of Japanese Zeros in the flanks of warships?

Fitz
"Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God!"
Howard Beale, "Network"
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 06:52 AM   #572
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
How many straws of wheat embedded in tree trunks after a tornado does one need to see to realize that indio007's arguments are ridiculous?
Considering that there are people who have been making this "argument" - if one can even call it that - for 12 years now, I would say that there is not enough wheat in the world to satisfy the Truth Movement.
Old 9th December 2013, 06:55 AM   #573
ozeco41
Philosopher

isn't it a strawman argument?

ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 06:58 AM   #574
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, last time it was silly stuff about jet fuel, now...

What we have here, is a failure to comprehend MASS, like the m in E=mgh, or E=1/2mv2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM9FeEgI0Eo

Next...

Where have you been? Recharging woo batteries?
You can't be serious, because 911 truth failed out of the box, never have got the Pulitzer for what would be the biggest CT in history - 911 truth ends up being the biggest anti-intellectual movement in the world. Tied with Bigfoot, and some other dumbed down junk.

Oops, I can cut steel with water, why do I need expensive Aluminum to do that comes free? Can you explain this using science instead of woo? No?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPYwrFwQrN4

You lost this round to science, and my new water jet sword of knowledge, truth, and the American super apple pie, and the girl next-door.

Oops, my other sword of Aluminum, comes with Titanium engines, stainless steel struts, and mass moving at 590 mph. Now you hold that steel sword real still while your fantasy from 911 truth evaporates faster than free-fall, with super secret nano-thermite icing and silent explosives sprinkles.

Y'all come back now, y'hear

Last edited by beachnut; 9th December 2013 at 07:02 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 07:24 AM   #575
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post

Old 9th December 2013, 07:48 AM   #576
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Maybe he's a gluten for punishment.
Old 9th December 2013, 07:57 AM   #577
Harpo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Maybe he's a gluten for punishment.

Old 9th December 2013, 09:36 AM   #578
1stClassAlan
Thinker

Lastest from the U.K.

Forgive me - I am in recovery from an attack of Pneumonia! But I listened to an amazing procession of looney tunes on one of the wee small hour phone-in radio stations here recently.

The outstanding winner the this contest of stupid promotions was a guy that latched on to the Pentagon Attack - proclaiming it to be a Cruise Missile ( how could it be anything else? ) I reckon that the guy is still ranting down the phone days after the radio anchor hung up.

Why are Cruise Missiles so popular with C.T.'s ? Are they seen as the modern equivalent of smiting thunderbolts? Doesn't matter how they work - they can wreck what ever effect I say they can?

Seems passing strange to me, when they seem to have so much trouble with a large airliner doing the obvious damage - consistent with size and mass - whereas any kind of small missile would need a substantial secondary explosive.
1stClassAlan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 10:25 AM   #579
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
A *********** men!
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 11:47 AM   #580
Wolrab
Illuminator

Originally Posted by 1stClassAlan View Post
Forgive me - I am in recovery from an attack of Pneumonia! But I listened to an amazing procession of looney tunes on one of the wee small hour phone-in radio stations here recently.

The outstanding winner the this contest of stupid promotions was a guy that latched on to the Pentagon Attack - proclaiming it to be a Cruise Missile ( how could it be anything else? ) I reckon that the guy is still ranting down the phone days after the radio anchor hung up.

Why are Cruise Missiles so popular with C.T.'s ? Are they seen as the modern equivalent of smiting thunderbolts? Doesn't matter how they work - they can wreck what ever effect I say they can?

Seems passing strange to me, when they seem to have so much trouble with a large airliner doing the obvious damage - consistent with size and mass - whereas any kind of small missile would need a substantial secondary explosive.
I am in possession of a Cruz Missile. It is a heat and moisture seeking missile of luv for Penelope Cruz. I have attributed many attributes to it including size, stamina, and excessive blast features.
Unfortunately there is a countermeasure that renders it useless...Ted Cruz.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov

Last edited by Wolrab; 9th December 2013 at 11:50 AM.
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 11:59 AM   #581
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Really? About 3000 people died on 9/11 and this is all the respect you can muster for this topic? Do you not think something as tragic and serious as 9/11 deserves just a bit more effort? If you want to make 9/11 you "thing", fine. You should show to topic enough respect to come up with something a bit better than this. What you posted is shameful.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 12:48 PM   #582
indio007
New Blood

your analogy fails. Obviously a puncture is not a shear.

This comparison is almost as ignorant as the one proceeding it that implies the physics of a collision are dependant on which object is in motion.

The WTC could have been the object in motion and the plane stationary, the it would be identical.

The ignorance of the most basic physics is just plain scary.

Craig4 - spare me the fake indignation. Pull the respect card on someone else. People were murdered. Hurt feelings don't apply.
indio007 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 12:54 PM   #583
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

This comparison is almost as ignorant as the one proceeding it that implies the physics of a collision are dependant on which object is in motion.

The WTC could have been the object in motion and the plane stationary, the it would be identical.

Craig4 - spare me the fake indignation. Pull the respect card on someone else. People were murdered. Hurt feelings don't apply.
My indignation is not fake. Your work is simply not good enough for the topic.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 01:00 PM   #584
Animal
Master Poster

Well in the real world "puncturing" is a result of a shear force.

Quote:
The ignorance is you thinking that the physics are independent of the object in motion

Quote:
No, it would not have been

Quote:
I agree, your ignorance of basic physics is VERY scary

Quote:
Respect is earned....you certainly have not earned any.

Last edited by Animal; 9th December 2013 at 01:02 PM.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 01:03 PM   #585
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

That is not physics, it is woo. Hard to make more fun of 911 truth, but you do.

Love to see the WTC tower at 590 mph. No wonder Karate does not work, the hand can't break the wood, or concrete. I knew it was fake; wait, maybe you are... Feel free to show your work, some math and physics. So far your parody of 911 truth has been limited to silly talk, no evidence, and zero science.

How are those 24 hard facts doing? All of them are nonsense.
Old 9th December 2013, 01:37 PM   #586
Mikeys
Muse

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post

Oops, I can cut steel with water, why do I need expensive Aluminum to do that comes free? Can you explain this using science instead of woo?
aluminium steel cutters, what's that?
Quote:
You lost this round to the American super apple pie
fudge striped
Old 9th December 2013, 01:51 PM   #587
Mikeys
Muse

That's why they don't know how to explain damage to airplanes caused by birds. I think they believe birds can fly at 500mph. I've seen only one video where birds achieve that speed. It's in the official archives from 911.
Old 9th December 2013, 02:01 PM   #588
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Fine. BTW your orginal proposal does not accurately reflect waht anyone here is saying would occur. So I propose a different test for you since you are so convinced of the indestructibilty of steel.

You get to hold your sword perfectly still (or lock it in a vise but stand next to it) while a machine swings the aluminum sword at 500 MPH.(technically the sword should be restrained at both ends in order to better reflect the conditions in the towers)

I propose that both swords will be cut and that pieces of the aluminum sword will continue forward and slice into you.

accept the challenge?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 02:02 PM   #589
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mikeys View Post
That's why they don't know how to explain damage to airplanes caused by birds. I think they believe birds can fly at 500mph. I've seen only one video where birds achieve that speed. It's in the official archives from 911.
Yep birds damage airplanes,,, what happens to the birds Mikeys?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 02:04 PM   #590
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

aluminium steel cutters, what's that?
Aluminum steel cutters would do the job just fine as long as you did not want this device to remain intact after use (much as the stream of water does not remain a stream of water after doing its job)
Old 9th December 2013, 02:05 PM   #591
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

In fact a small stream of molten copper moving at supersonic speed is often used to cut through steel.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 9th December 2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 9th December 2013, 02:30 PM   #592
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

What is your point, birds do fly, WTC towers don't, and can't. In Karate, do you want the wood thrown at you at 200 mph, or you hit it stationary and break it with your hand. Your pick. Go ahead make up something silly.

Irony.

Bird damages Aluminum plane.

Aluminum plane damages Steel building.

I don't think 911 truth knows how strong Al is. And now they imply the WTC could get up to 590 mph to hit a plane. It is like a cartoon, 911 truth physics.

Not sure 911 truth followers, true believes of 911 truth woo understand physics.

By saying bird beats Aluminum, you are thus supporting Aluminum beats steel

Flesh and blood break into an aircraft. An aircraft made of metal beaks into a building.

Do you try to make up analogies which destroy your analogy of woo?

Do you really want to use a bird damaging a plane as an analogy to prove a plane can't damage a building?

I have hit birds which did not enter my plane. It depends of the speed and the path of the bird.

911 the planes entering the WTC is based on speed. Speeds below 280 mph would be stopped, speeds at 470 and 590 mph are not stopped. IF 911 truth could do engineering, there would be no 911 truth spreading dirt dumb lies and silly fantasy.

They have a bird cannon, and they do test aircraft parts with birds going 500 mph. 911 truth, eternal nonsense.
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/site..._the_week.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-zmb3jAgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQ2oZtVNpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibJ3aXrvaCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohnzZ-Xp-uY

911 truth, no science, just woo

Last edited by beachnut; 9th December 2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 9th December 2013, 03:31 PM   #593
Mikeys
Muse

Why would you shoot with birds at 500mph rather than at their best speed? I would imagine a stationary plane would resist a birds impact better than one in motion as the combined speed adds up in collision.

How comes you can make so many links in one post so quickly? It must be these super computers they are giving you for Christmas. Can I become a disinfo agent?
Old 9th December 2013, 03:58 PM   #594
Mikeys
Muse

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
In fact a small stream of molten copper moving at supersonic speed is often used to cut through steel.
I don't deny that a fast Boeing possibly could smash through a steel wall made of 1/2 in thick columns inclusive of wings. The analogy with copper or water jets are not quite good since the water comes as one stream while the plane is cladded with aluminium and this aluminium is very fragile in contact with birds. I would like to see what happens with a can of coke smashed at 500 mph against a steel crated window. That would give as better analogy. I don't have airport machines but I like beer and may supply chickens if need be.
Old 9th December 2013, 04:27 PM   #595
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Why not sell that idea to the military.

I'm sure they could find a use for it.

Old 9th December 2013, 04:33 PM   #596
Huttosaurus
Scholar

Aluminium shearing steel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavales...disaster_(1998)
Huttosaurus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 04:38 PM   #597
Huttosaurus
Scholar

I would like to see what happens with a can of coke smashed at 500 mph against a steel crated window. That would give as better analogy. .
No it wouldn't as mass and structure wise it isn't a like for like comparison.
Huttosaurus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 05:12 PM   #598
SUSpilot
Graduate Poster

I don't deny that a fast Boeing possibly could smash through a steel wall made of 1/2 in thick columns inclusive of wings. The analogy with copper or water jets are not quite good since the water comes as one stream while the plane is cladded with aluminium and this aluminium is very fragile in contact with birds. I would like to see what happens with a can of coke smashed at 500 mph against a steel crated window. That would give as better analogy. I don't have airport machines but I like beer and may supply chickens if need be.

Planes get dented or suffer small holes in bird strikes. The birds die from the plane transferring it's energy to the bird.

Planes get destroyed while transferring their energy to a steel structure. The steel structure gets damaged. In the case of the WTC, the structure was compromised enough by said damage and subsequent fire that it failed.

Now, that wasn't hard, was it?
SUSpilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2013, 05:12 PM   #599
Mikeys
Muse

Originally Posted by Huttosaurus View Post
No it wouldn't as mass and structure wise it isn't a like for like comparison.
Do you have a better idea? You need to scale down the dimensions of course, the rest can be adjusted as best as possible. The can will be filled with fuel. All we need is the machine beachnut is talking about and you are free to start smashing stuff around. I bet the can will go through but the explosion will be on contact, contrary to the videos, rather than kind of sucked in. We will need a fast camera too and more beers.
Old 9th December 2013, 05:57 PM   #600
Justin39640
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post

booooo lol

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories