IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2024 elections , alex jones , donald trump , political speculation , presidential candidates

Old 13th March 2021, 04:20 AM   #1
angrysoba
Philosophile

Will Alex Jones take the Republican nomination?

Okay, you are maybe hearing it first.

I saw Alex Jones on a You Tube channel chatting ranting with a comedian, Andrew Shulz, and his buddies.

I can't deny that he is entertaining to watch, and he is bat-**** crazy.

I still assume that Trump will run for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, but if not they need to find someone who is as brazen as he is and who is as indifferent to truth as he is, to be mindlessly nationalistic and also to be charismatic. Who can they find to follow Trump? Ted Cruz? LOL! Of course not. He's incapable of doubling down the way Trump did. Trump would have said, "Yeah I went to Mexico! I got on my private jet and got out of Dodge? Why? Cos I'm smart!" and all the Texan Republicans freezing in their garages would be cheering Trump on for being so ballsy.

No, they can't have a person who has any sense of shame whatsoever. They need a person who leaks alpha. They won't care about how much he badmouths establishment Republicans. They loved Trump after all. What they want is this...

Also, I sort of hope it happens in a weirdly nihilistic way, because I would love to see how certain posters here who have been big debunkers of 9/11 Truthers somehow rationalize their support, or at least their very vocal refusal to offer any non-support of the Republican candidate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alex jones on andrew shulz.jpg (48.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg alex jones on andrew shulz 3.jpg (116.3 KB, 14 views)
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2021, 04:25 AM   #2
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

It's like having CCTV of an insane asylum. See which of them will be the first to eat their own ****.

Unturnoffable.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2021, 05:03 AM   #3
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Alex Jones might run just to cash in on the donations - but he will make sure that he doesn't get nominated.
Republicans more clever than Trump have long realized that it is much more lucrative to run and lose than to run and win.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2021, 12:00 PM   #4
Cain
Straussian

Trump's telling donors to give money to his Save America PAC (SAP) rather than the RNC.

Anyway, Alex Jones is the next logical choice for the Republican Party. They made a huge mistake in 2016 by not nominating the shrieking white-hot sphere of rage:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 13th March 2021, 07:36 PM   #5
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to what Republicans will vote for. And, yes, I used "what", not "who", on purpose.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2021, 09:25 PM   #6
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

No.
Tucker Carlson.
Old 18th March 2021, 10:30 PM   #7
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

yep.

TC is a much more probably nominee than Jones.

But it won't be either of them: TC is way too cushy were he is right now.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2021, 02:06 AM   #8
llwyd
Muse

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
No.
Tucker Carlson.
I wonder, might he have the stamina for it? I could totally see the herd following him but he might not the be up to the strain.
llwyd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2021, 03:17 AM   #9
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by llwyd View Post
I wonder, might he have the stamina for it? I could totally see the herd following him but he might not the be up to the strain.
He'll get Tuckered out trying to keep up with the Joneses?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2021, 01:55 PM   #10
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
You scamp.
Old 19th March 2021, 05:32 PM   #11
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doh!.jpg (56.4 KB, 4 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2021, 08:43 PM   #12
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Huh?
See, that Tucker face is just not something that I see appealing to a certain important segment of the Republican base. The kind of **** posters on Reddit, the younger working class voters and the alpha Bros. They would love Alex Jones and vote for him. The elderly Tucker lovers would still vote Alex Jones because.... Republican innit.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics