IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 08:11 PM   #761
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sol88 View Post
Your diamagnetic cavity cannot accelaerate electrons you need an electric current for that, not that i expected you to know. as per M.Volwerk 30.10.2. 67P/CG’S Unordinary Cavity 513Electric Currents in Geospace and Beyond, Geophysical Monograph 235, Currents in Cometary Comae

Just stick with your sample mechanical explanation that requires NO electric fields/nested current sheets/magnetic fields or any of that plasma guff!
Again, WTF are you talking about??????? What the hell have accelerated electrons got to do with the fact that your dumb high priest did not know that the solar wind was getting nowhere near the nucleus, and therefore killed his woo? 20 years before it was born! That is how dumb he is. And that the lack of magnetic field, within ~ 4500 km in the case of Halley, means NO ELECTRIC WOO within that cavity. Why couldn't the idiot figure that out? Huh? How did you managed to get conned by such idiocy (rhetorical)?
Your idiotic 'model' fails. Trivially. There is no science. No mechanisms. No evidence. It is pure, Velikovskian woo. Only believed by the intellectually challenged. By definition.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2019, 08:14 PM   #762
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. addressed since 6 July 2009

Your diamagnetic cavity cannot accelaerate electrons ..
The thousands of insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. since 6 July 2009 from Sol88 about his cult's electric comet and electric Sun dogma.
Sol88 gives us an insane rant from Wal Thornhill about stars.
Sol88 gives us an insane video from Donald Scott: Voyager 2 and our Solar System's Birkeland Current

Sol88's usual insanity which emphasizes Sol88's insane religious dogma that comets are actual rock (no ices or a demented fantasy of "little ices") blasted from rocky planets by electric discharges between planets including recent times (witnessed by us!) and that these rocks discharge in a massive solar electric field. This insanely tears the rock apart and puts gas and dust into the coma and forms their insanity of jets as electrical discharges !

Sol88's usual insane lies about science.
A diamagnetic cavity is where a magnetic field changes greatly from high to low (zero?). High school science is that a charge going through a changing magnetic field will be accelerated. That is how an electron accelerator works! A diamagnetic cavity will accelerate electrons !
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2019, 08:43 PM   #763
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Outgassing???

Not needed or plausible, except for a dirtysnowyiceball model of comets.
And another completely idiotic comment. Will they ever end? I couldn't give a stuff what you, in your scientific ignorance, think is needed or plausible. You think the frigging Sun is a giant light bulb!
It is needed, otherwise asteroids would have tails and diamagnetic cavities, wouldn't they? It is plausible, for Christ's sake, because we bloody well measure and detect the outgassed species. Duh! What species do you think we find within the cavity? Hmmm? Or, for that matter, for some distance beyond it? Eh? Cometary ions and neutrals. And, by bleeding definition, any electrons are also from those cometary species, aren't they? So, where the hell did they come from? Sodding Mars? Magic? Electric woo that doesn't create a signature in magnetometers?
Go play on the dunderdolts forum, with the rest of the terminally bewildered.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 01:07 AM   #764
tusenfem
Master Poster

So, the complete, non field aligned currents curcuit is basically the following.

Current sheets, running perpendicular to the magnetic field, closing thru the coma, sometimes suddenly, and via cross field currents closes, some 106 km down the tail?
My gawd! Don't you understand anything?

The draped magnetic field that I discussed is UPSTREAM of the comet, the tail is DOWNSTREAM of the comet.

In the tail there is a cross tail current (as should be, as in the Earth's tail) which closes over the magnetopause (all perpendicular). When processes like tail reconnection of tail detachment occurs in the tail, field aligned currents are created.
Old 20th November 2019, 01:16 AM   #765
tusenfem
Master Poster

I was trying to transpose the first cut paper M.Volwerk wrote “A Tail Like No Other” on to the observations of comets Hyakutake's tail.
Why do you think that what I wrote up about the first 1000 km of the tail holds for the complete length of the tail of Hyakutake?

A Big would the current sheets up at the head be?
That should be a question, or someting?

How come the - and + are separated but in the same location?
I have not got the foggiest what you are trying to claim/ask here.

Jonesdave116 and reality check, steenkh, jean tate are still struggling with this. This has implications on the formation and maintenance of the “Diamagnetic” cavity.
I am sure they are, as are you, because this is just rubbish that you are writing.

Were do you think the tail would no longer be detectable with the same instrumentation that Ulysses had?

Is this happening at every comet?

5AU? 10? 100?

Valid question, considering the observations.
Who knows, one can find evidence of the comet all along its orbit, be it magnetic fields or particles or dust. It probably depends on the conditions of the solar wind, the activity state of the comet, etc. etc.
Old 20th November 2019, 01:24 AM   #766
tusenfem
Master Poster

M.Volwerks "Currents in Cometary Comae" and specifically the "Solar‐wind draping around the nucleus results in current sheets."

as per

thats a big tail and some real power
Quote mining again, Solly, and misquoting my work?
You keep on mixing things that happen upstream and downstream.
The current sheets that I wrote about are upstream.
The current that Ip talks about is the cross TAIL (DOWNSTREAM) current, which through various mechanisms (like reconnection, tail detatchment, etc.) can be turned into field aligned currents.
Nex to that it might be a big TOTAL current, but TOTAL current means nothing in plasma physics, it is the CURRENT DENSITY that is important.

[quote[
Wonder how long 67P's tail is?

and considering tusenfems tail can fit sideways in Hyakutake's tail.
[/quote]

Also hundreds of thousands of km.
And it is not my tail, the reason why I only write about 1000 km is because the Rosetta spacecraft never ventured any further down the tail than 1000 km and has nothing to do with the actual size of the tail of 67P.
Old 20th November 2019, 04:35 AM   #767
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
Again, WTF are you talking about??????? What the hell have accelerated electrons got to do with the fact that your dumb high priest did not know that the solar wind was getting nowhere near the nucleus, and therefore killed his woo? 20 years before it was born! That is how dumb he is. And that the lack of magnetic field, within ~ 4500 km in the case of Halley, means NO ELECTRIC WOO within that cavity. Why couldn't the idiot figure that out? Huh? How did you managed to get conned by such idiocy (rhetorical)?
Your idiotic 'model' fails. Trivially. There is no science. No mechanisms. No evidence. It is pure, Velikovskian woo. Only believed by the intellectually challenged. By definition.

Tiresome whining. :yawn

Quote:
4.5 Charged Dust

The Rosetta mission provided the first direct evidence for the presence of electrically charged dust particles in a coma.

These observations were possible as a result of the interaction between dust and the spacecraft electric potential, which was oscillating around −10 V (Nilsson et al. 2015) within 100 km from the 67P/C-G nucleus.

The fundamental physics of charged cometary dust has been studied for a long time (Mendis and Horányi 2013).

Dust charging is a delicate interplay between several currents, including electron and ion collection currents from the surrounding plasma, ultraviolet induced photoelectron currents, secondary electron emission (due to energetic ion and/or electron bombardment), thermo-ionic emission, field emission (due to large surface fields), etc.

This means that in the solar wind a particle of 1 µm size can have about 10^4 extra electrons.

Based on our experience with mesospheric dust charging at Earth it can be assumed that most of the extra electrons are deep inside the dust particle and they can electrostatically disrupt fluffy, highly friable dust particles (Hill and Mendis 1981)
So, tusenfem’s currents including the cross field and the field aligned currents (Birkeland currents) that may extend to the heliopause generates nested current sheets in the coma where there is a among others, an ambipolar electric field with something (Electric fields powered by electric currents) accelerating both electrons (suprathermal) and DUST along with ions.

All caused by “ice” melting in the sun...

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 04:37 AM   #768
Sol88
Philosopher

[quote=tusenfem;12897978]Quote mining again, Solly, and misquoting my work?
The current that Ip talks about is the cross TAIL (DOWNSTREAM) current, which through various mechanisms (like reconnection, tail detatchment, etc.) can be turned into field aligned currents.
Nex to that it might be a big TOTAL current, but TOTAL current means nothing in plasma physics, it is the CURRENT DENSITY that is important.

Quote:
Wonder how long 67P's tail is?

and considering tusenfems tail can fit sideways in Hyakutake's tail.
Quote:

Also hundreds of thousands of km.
And it is not my tail, the reason why I only write about 1000 km is because the Rosetta spacecraft never ventured any further down the tail than 1000 km and has nothing to do with the actual size of the tail of 67P.
Nice dense plasma around the nucleus!

You know, from all the ice...

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 04:40 AM   #769
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
Why do you think that what I wrote up about the first 1000 km of the tail holds for the complete length of the tail of Hyakutake?

That should be a question, or someting?

I have not got the foggiest what you are trying to claim/ask here.

I am sure they are, as are you, because this is just rubbish that you are writing.

Who knows, one can find evidence of the comet all along its orbit, be it magnetic fields or particles or dust. It probably depends on the conditions of the solar wind, the activity state of the comet, etc. etc.
We have measured three and all been a surprise.

No reseat this one wouldn’t.

So some of your assumptions are way off, looking at this new data.

Old 20th November 2019, 06:36 AM   #770
Sol88
Philosopher

Sorry for shouting.

Old 20th November 2019, 07:26 AM   #771
tusenfem
Master Poster

So, tusenfem’s currents including the cross field and the field aligned currents (Birkeland currents) that may extend to the heliopause generates nested current sheets in the coma where there is a among others, an ambipolar electric field with something (Electric fields powered by electric currents) accelerating both electrons (suprathermal) and DUST along with ions.
That's not even wrong
Old 20th November 2019, 07:27 AM   #772
tusenfem
Master Poster

[quote=Sol88;12898081]
Quote mining again, Solly, and misquoting my work?

Nice dense plasma around the nucleus!

You know, from all the ice...
And that is all you have to offer? Really enlightening how you got that from my post.
Old 20th November 2019, 07:29 AM   #773
tusenfem
Master Poster

We have measured three and all been a surprise.

No reseat this one wouldn’t.

So some of your assumptions are way off, looking at this new data.

No, no reseat at all, I just sit where I am, thank you.

Please give a detailed analysis of my paper and show me where my assuptions are off.
Old 20th November 2019, 08:42 AM   #774
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Tiresome whining. :yawn

All caused by “ice” melting in the sun...
And again, that is total gibberish, and has nothing to do with your electric comet woo. If you believe otherwise, then stop talking crap, and specify what the hell you are prattling on about. We have known about cross-field currents in the tail for decades. We have known about nested draping for decades. If I recall correctly, Tusenfem may have written a paper that discussed this regarding Halley....... having checked, he did;

A comparison between VEGA 1, 2 and Giotto flybys of comet1P/Halley: implications for Rosetta
Volwerk, M. et al.
https://www.ann-geophys.net/32/1441/...-1441-2014.pdf

There is little new in whatever you are droning on about, and absolutely nothing that lends any credence to the unscientific gibberish that is the 'electric comet'. I asked you before - those are cometary ions and electrons being accelerated near the cavity. They come from volatile ices. Therefore, according the the moron-in-chief of EU, they shouldn't be there! Explain where they are coming from. Mars? Magic? Invisible electric woo? How many times do I need to ask? Where is the science? The mechanisms? The evidence?
Stop arsing around, pull your finger out, and learn some science.

Last edited by jonesdave116; 20th November 2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 20th November 2019, 08:45 AM   #775
jonesdave116
Philosopher

That's not even wrong
It certainly isn't science! Just word salad and gibberish, from somebody who knows that plasma physics is a thing, but only knows buzz words, and none of the science.

Old 20th November 2019, 08:55 AM   #776
Belz...
Fiend God

Say, Sol. Are you going to answer my question?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 01:00 PM   #777
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. addressed since 6 July 2009

The thousands of insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. since 6 July 2009 from Sol88 about his cult's electric comet and electric Sun dogma.
Sol88 gives us an insane video from Donald Scott: Voyager 2 and our Solar System's Birkeland Current

Sol88's usual insanity which emphasizes Sol88's insane religious dogma that comets are actual rock (no ices or a demented fantasy of "little ices") blasted from rocky planets by electric discharges between planets including recent times (witnessed by us!) and that these rocks discharge in a massive solar electric field. This insanely tears the rock apart and puts gas and dust into the coma and forms their insanity of jets as electrical discharges !

Sol88's usual insanity about science.
Utterly insane delusion that charged dust particle are accelerated electrons !
Utterly insane delusions about what he quotes .
Utterly insane gibberish.

This is decades old cometary science. Hill and Mendis 1981 and Mendis and Horányi 2013 (cited in the quote) are papers about charged cometary dust and the Rosetta mission directly detected that dust !
Quote:
4.5 Charged Dust
The Rosetta mission provided the first direct evidence for the presence of electrically charged dust particles in a coma.

These observations were possible as a result of the interaction between dust and the spacecraft electric potential, which was oscillating around −10 V (Nilsson et al. 2015) within 100 km from the 67P/C-G nucleus.

The fundamental physics of charged cometary dust has been studied for a long time (Mendis and Horányi 2013).

Dust charging is a delicate interplay between several currents, including electron and ion collection currents from the surrounding plasma, ultraviolet induced photoelectron currents, secondary electron emission (due to energetic ion and/or electron bombardment), thermo-ionic emission, field emission (due to large surface fields), etc.

This means that in the solar wind a particle of 1 µm size can have about 10^4 extra electrons.

Based on our experience with mesospheric dust charging at Earth it can be assumed that most of the extra electrons are deep inside the dust particle and they can electrostatically disrupt fluffy, highly friable dust particles (Hill and Mendis 1981
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 01:01 PM   #778
Sol88
Philosopher

Old 20th November 2019, 01:04 PM   #779
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insanity about science.
He believes comets have ices (except when he goes on demented rants about comets not having ices !). Basic physics says that these ices are sublimating and providing the gas in comet coma when comets heat up enough close to the Sun.
Old 20th November 2019, 01:20 PM   #780
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insane lies about science and "surprises" mindlessly parroted from his demented cult.

For others:
We have measured every comet that we have observed which is maybe thousands not three ! We have had twelve spacecraft visiting comets (counting Rosetta and Philae separately) with 13 successful encounters.. A few missions directly measured comet tails by flying through them. International Cometary Explorer flew through the tail of Comet Giacobini-Zinner on 11 September 1985 and through the tail of Comet Halley on 28 March 1986.
What makes Sol88 posts demented is that scientists want surprises! Surprises allow scientists to test science. Surprises allow scientists to expend science. Surprises allow scientists to form new science.

When the insane followers of Sol88's demented cult see the "surprise" of Rosetta measuring that comet 67P is al least 14% ices and ~80% porous (not rock blasted from rocky planets), they just deny the real world and dig themselves deeper into their pit of ignorance, lies, delusions and insanity.

Last edited by Reality Check; 20th November 2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 20th November 2019, 02:01 PM   #781
JeanTate
Illuminator

I'm going to do a bit of an experiment ...

Almost.

Tusenman’s currants including the angry field and the track aligned currants (Birscher currants) that may extend to the helipad generates nests for currant sheets in the comma where there is b among others, an ambipoplar electric plane with something (Electric mountains powered by eccentric currants) accelerating both elections (supracool) and DRUST along with irons.

The challenge for you, dear reader, should you choose to accept it, is to explain which of these two is more scientific.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 02:21 PM   #782
Sol88
Philosopher

Original question...

So, tusenfem you are saying that is the full extent of the curcuit?

Quote:
and thus that there needs to be a cross-tail current
with the other half of the curcuit
Quote:
It was posited that such currents would have to close through the “head” of the comet, and thereby could be an extra source for ionization in the coma.
?

Quote:
The presence of a coherent structure so far from the nucleus suggests that the plasma tails of comets may persist as discrete entities for many astronomical units.

As the tail of Hyakutake persisted to Ulysses, it is likely that this structure, ultimately produced by an object only ,2.4 km across23, survived to reach the edge of the heliosphere.

Identification of comet Hyakutake's extremely long ion tail from magnetic field signatures
post http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post12897725ost

Last edited by Sol88; 20th November 2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 20th November 2019, 03:00 PM   #783
JeanTate
Illuminator

Original question...

So, tusenfem you are saying that is the full extent of the curcuit?

Quote:
and thus that there needs to be a cross-tail current
with the other half of the curcuit
Quote:
It was posited that such currents would have to close through the “head” of the comet, and thereby could be an extra source for ionization in the coma.
?

post http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post12897725ost
Sol88, this post of yours is a dog's breakfast.

No doubt, with some effort, one could reconstruct what it is that you likely meant.

But why would anyone be interested to do that?

I mean, if you yourself don't put the effort in to write an intelligible post ....
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 03:59 PM   #784
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insanity of deluded questions about real comets.

For others:
Identification of comet Hyakutake's extremely long ion tail from magnetic field signatures (2000)
Quote:
Observations of the varying orientations of comet tails led to the suggestion of the existence of the solar wind—a continuous outflow of ionized material from the Sun1. It is now well established that gas from comets is ionized by several processes and joins the solar wind2, forming an ion (plasma) tail that points away from the Sun. The plasma environments of three comets have been measured in situ, but only in the upstream direction or less than 8,000 km downstream of the nucleus. Here we report a fortuitous crossing by a spacecraft of the plasma tail of comet Hyakutake (C/1996 B2), at a distance of more than 3.8 astronomical units (550 million kilometres) from its nucleus. This surpasses the tail length of 2 au determined for the Great March Comet of 1843 (C/1843 D1)3. Our measurements reveal that, at this distance, the tail of comet Hyakutake was a structured entity at least 7 million kilometres in diameter.
Real comets have tails that are AU in scale. Sol88's insane religious dogma cannot explain them with their ignorant, numberless delusions. We can explain comet tails and the basics are simple enough for children (but not Sol88) to understand. Comet nuclei have ices. Ices sublimate to gases. These gases escape the nuclei to form the coma. Some of the gases escape the coma to form the ion tail (there is also a dust tail), helped by he solar wind. The solar wind pushes the tail away from the Sun.

Last edited by Reality Check; 20th November 2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 20th November 2019, 04:07 PM   #785
jonesdave116
Philosopher

What? Try that in scientific. Translation would be welcomed. To the best of my limited understanding, nested draping occurs due to changes in the IMF direction. However, I can't be bothered spending hours trying to understand it, if you are just going to keep writing incomprehensible gibberish, with the odd buzz word thrown in.

Old 20th November 2019, 04:13 PM   #786
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Let's take the following as an example of the aforementioned gibberish;

Quote:
.......an ambipolar electric field with something (Electric fields powered by electric currents) accelerating both electrons (suprathermal) and DUST along with ions.
Now, an ambipolar field is not going to accelerate electrons, dust and ions, is it? By definition. Forget about the dust. If ions are accelerated, then electrons, just like EU followers, must be retarded. Correct? And vice versa. One is accelerated, the other is slowed, to maintain quasi-neutrality. An electric field cannot accelerate both charges in the same bloody direction!
This is high school level stuff, that even I understand.

Last edited by jonesdave116; 20th November 2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 20th November 2019, 04:26 PM   #787
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insane lies about science, posts and posters.
Birkeland currents are found around planets, not in comet tails. tusenfem was clear that comet tails do not have Birkeland currents.

Sol88's insanity that Sol88's insane religious dogma has anything to do with the electric currents in comet tails. Sol88's persistent insanity about ambipolar electric fields. Sol88 goes off the deep end with insane gibberish.
Old 20th November 2019, 09:33 PM   #788
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
Let's take the following as an example of the aforementioned gibberish;

Now, an ambipolar field is not going to accelerate electrons, dust and ions, is it? By definition. Forget about the dust. If ions are accelerated, then electrons, just like EU followers, must be retarded. Correct? And vice versa. One is accelerated, the other is slowed, to maintain quasi-neutrality. An electric field cannot accelerate both charges in the same bloody direction!
This is high school level stuff, that even I understand.
Yet that’s what the data is telling us. The difference is the electrons need extra energy to overcome the potential barrier.

These electrons are the suprathermal electrons, these electrons have been accelerated. This requires and constitutes an electric current. This will be electrodynamicly connected to the rest of the current sheets that close thru the head, sometimes suddenly. We also see ions doing roughly the same thing.

This is also reflected in the data. As tusenfem wrote about.

Oppositely directed magnetic fields do what jonesdave116?

Forget the dust?

Why?

The dust is negatively charged, it WILL also respond to the electric fields. No mystery or surprise there.

We are still just arguing over how sunny it is on the comets surface really.

Old 20th November 2019, 10:30 PM   #789
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Yet that’s what the data is telling us. The difference is the electrons need extra energy to overcome the potential barrier.

These electrons are the suprathermal electrons, these electrons have been accelerated. This requires and constitutes an electric current. This will be electrodynamicly connected to the rest of the current sheets that close thru the head, sometimes suddenly. We also see ions doing roughly the same thing.

Oppositely directed magnetic fields do what jonesdave116?

Forget the dust?

Why?

The dust is negatively charged, it WILL also respond to the electric fields. No mystery or surprise there.

We are still just arguing over how sunny it is on the comets surface really.
Gibberish. You make no sense at all, as usual. No wonder you believe the crap that you do! Ambipolar fields WILL NOT accelerate ions and electrons in the same direction. Want me to draw a picture for you? What do you think 'ambi' means? What do you think 'polar' means? And only the nanograin dust will respond to any electric field. And none of this has got anything to do with your failed woo. Where are the electrons coming from? Hmmm? And the ions? There is a clue for the hard of thinking - most of them are H3O+ ions!
Now, go away, learn some science, and don't come back until you can at least figure out high school level electromagnetism.

Old 21st November 2019, 02:41 AM   #790
Sol88
Philosopher

Just the single ambipolar field point in just the one direction? Ya reckon?

How do the onion layers affect the ambipolar/Polarised electric field, one wonders.

Now, was the “diamagnetic” cavity boundary sharp and defined whilst being “spiky” at the same time?

Something is giving the already fully ionised plasma from the nucleus surface, energy to do “work”???

Repeat after me jonesdave116, the diamagnetic cavity is not caused by Ion-Neutral or Electron-Neutral drag.

The plasma is already fully decoupled from the water ice.

Old 21st November 2019, 04:22 AM   #791
tusenfem
Master Poster

This is total gibberish and has really NOTHING to do with what I have written in my papers. You cannot willy-nilly take out sentences from these papers and put them together and really thing you make any sense.
Old 21st November 2019, 04:49 AM   #792
jonesdave116
Philosopher

How do the onion layers affect the ambipolar/Polarised electric field, one wonders.

Now, was the “diamagnetic” cavity boundary sharp and defined whilst being “spiky” at the same time?

Something is giving the already fully ionised plasma from the nucleus surface, energy to do “work”???

Repeat after me jonesdave116, the diamagnetic cavity is not caused by Ion-Neutral or Electron-Neutral drag.

Gibberish. You haven't got a clue what you are talking about. It is rather pathetic, and sad to observe. Word salad, interspersed with buzz words, that just makes you look silly. Go learn the subject. "Energy to do work"!!! Jesus H. Christ!
And how the hell is the gas being emitted by the comet fully ionised when still within the DC, huh? Don't be so stupid. It is overwhelmingly neutral. What is the lifetime against ionisation for H2O molecules? What is the distance of the cavity boundary from the nucleus (Halley or 67P, I don't care)? What is the velocity of the gas? If t = d/v, then how does that compare to the ionisation time of H2O? Complicated, if you avoided school from the age of ~ 13, I know, but give it a try.

Last edited by jonesdave116; 21st November 2019 at 05:00 AM.
Old 21st November 2019, 05:10 AM   #793
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
Gibberish. If there were two oppositely directed fields, they would cancel out. This makes no sense on any level. As usual.

Quote:
Given that the ambipolar field being discussed is within or close to the cavity, then it has no effect at all, given the fact that it is caused by the IMF, which is getting nowhere near the cavity. Hence its name. Hint: buy dictionary; look up the word 'diamagnetic'.

Quote:
Gibberish.

Quote:
Gibberish.

Quote:
Yes it is. As predicted. I don't see anybody qualified saying different. However, I am always open to new hypotheses of how this could happen otherwise. Just link to the paper, or spell it out in proper scientific terms. Otherwise - gibberish.

Quote:
?????Gibberish.

Last edited by jonesdave116; 21st November 2019 at 05:12 AM.
Old 21st November 2019, 05:30 AM   #794
Belz...
Fiend God

Say, Sol. Are you going to answer my question?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 05:33 AM   #795
JeanTate
Illuminator

Continuing my experiment ...

Almost; better:

Ya recon?

How do the shallot layers effect the ambipoplar/Equatorised electric playing field, two wander.

Now, was the “triMégantic” cavern boundary dull and defiled whilst being “spooky” at the same time?

Something is giving the already fuelly ironed plasma from the nucleus scarface, energy to do “woke”???

Repeat after me JDPower, the triMégantic cavern is not caused by Iron-Partisan or Election-Neutral brags.

The plasma is already fuelly desingled from the waiter who's been iced.

Last edited by JeanTate; 21st November 2019 at 06:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 21st November 2019, 05:36 AM   #796
Sol88
Philosopher

I like that, clever even.

Shall I stop using mainstream terminology?

Spiky,
It’s a plasma term along with onion layers. Ask tusenfem

Old 21st November 2019, 05:57 AM   #797
JeanTate
Illuminator

Thanks.

Quote:

A more pertinent question might be something like "what difference would it make, in terms of making scientific sense?"

Quote:
Spiky,
I agree, if your blood plasma test result is "spiky" (or "spikey") you really do need to see a doctor. And while I've heard of cooking onions in layers in plasma, I don't think the results would be palatable. As tusenman.
Old 21st November 2019, 05:58 AM   #798
Steve001
Graduate Poster

Spiky,
I don't know if this question has been asked. Why is the current scientific knowledge unacceptable to you?
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 07:31 AM   #799
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve001 View Post
I don't know if this question has been asked. Why is the current scientific knowledge unacceptable to you?
Due to the current (i.e. since ~ 1984-5; see AMPTE) knowledge showing that a diamagnetic cavity forms, and therefore precludes the solar wind and IMF from the surface, and is evidence that no electric discharge woo is happening within it.
Given that the renowned idiot, Thornhill, was suggesting such things were happening in 2006, twenty years after it was already ruled out, makes them look as stupid as they undoubtedly are.

IMHO.

Old 21st November 2019, 07:49 AM   #800
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Of course, the diamagnetic cavity boundary should not be seen as some sort of sharp discontinuity between the solar wind, and the magnetic field that it carries, and the non-magnetised gas and plasma within the cavity. There is a solar wind cavity, which is somewhat further from the nucleus than the DC. Only the magnetic field carries on for a wee while, before coming to a halt at the DC.
I have read why this occurs, but cannot recall the intimate details. Something to do with the solar wind ions being more easily diverted than the SW electrons, and it is the electrons that essentially carry the IMF. Quite whether they make it all the way to the boundary, I'm not sure. Obviously, the solar wind is not a perfect conductor, and there must be some diffusion of the IMF from the plasma. I saw a calculation of this for 1 AU based, iirc, on the magnetic Reynolds number of the solar wind (~250 000). It might have been a few kilometres at most.
This is more Tusenfem's area of expertise. It would be good to see the calculation, as I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it. And it would make a welcome change from him having to deal with Sol's scientific gibberacy!

Last edited by jonesdave116; 21st November 2019 at 07:50 AM.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology