IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , diseases

Old 5th March 2021, 04:06 PM   #2081
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Pretty sure Fauci is NIH not CDC. Still what are facts when you can rely on feelings?
They are all in the same bed.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:08 PM   #2082
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
What were the "current shots for the bug" designed and tested for? Can you briefly describe what "biologics" means and why you think it's significant? Also, exactly what are the mRNA shots are you referring to and what formal testing do you think was not done?

Thanks.
I am not in the vaccine business I do NOT TAKE THEM... Did you read all the info I posted on the vaccine stuff? I thought I posted some clear info.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:11 PM   #2083
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Okay, you're not a details person.

Thankfully there are enough "details people" working away out there to have developed, tested and set about making, distributing and administering the vaccines which are going to fix this crisis in a remarkably short time.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:12 PM   #2084
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I thought I posted some clear info.
I wondered if you understood it.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:16 PM   #2085
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Pretty sure Fauci is NIH not CDC. Still what are facts when you can rely on feelings?
I trust Mostly the Frontline Doctors as: Tenpenny, Mikovits, Gold, Victory, Northrup, Osterholm, other docs as Mercola, researchers as Rappaport and Del BigTree and there are more but here are some. And all these are censored and shut up but they continue to speak truths on all this nonsense.
Old 5th March 2021, 04:18 PM   #2086
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I trust Mostly the Frontline Doctors as: Tenpenny, Mikovits, Gold, Victory, Northrup, Osterholm, other docs as Mercola, researchers as Rappaport and Del BigTree and there are more but here are some. And all these are censored and shut up but they continue to speak truths on all this nonsense.
Throw in Natural News and you have a royal flush.

Which is what should be done with them.

Oh, and none of them have been "censored", they have simply had their nonsense-peddling repeatedly proven wrong.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 5th March 2021 at 04:20 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:22 PM   #2087
Caroline13
Muse

Obesity/Overweight, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure are the main health issues for this covid virus. I know Americans are free of these!!!!!
Old 5th March 2021, 04:24 PM   #2088
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by marting View Post
Crackpottery is so entertaining.
Well, it was until you realise it's killing people. Then it loses it's charm..

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:24 PM   #2089
wareyin
Philosopher

Obesity/Overweight, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure are the main health issues for this covid virus. I know Americans are free of these!!!!!
Good thing the Covid virus isn't the common denominator there! Oh, wait...
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:24 PM   #2090
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Age is a bigger factor than all of those. Don't get old. That's my advice.
Old 5th March 2021, 04:34 PM   #2091
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Then you are talking about a conspiracy. This thread is in the wrong forum.
Old 5th March 2021, 04:35 PM   #2092
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I trust <list of people that actual scientists think are crackpots>
This seems to be the basic problem and why we're doomed to talk past each other. The people you trust are just playing at doing made-up medicine. If you're not interested in the actual science and evidence then some charming fraud talking sciencey-sounding nonsense is hard to distinguish from someone doing real work.
Old 5th March 2021, 04:36 PM   #2093
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
So what? I have a strong distrust of the Catholic Church, but that does not mean I get to redefine the virgin birth to suit myself.
Hell most Catholics couldn't define Immaculate Conception either.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:38 PM   #2094
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Here you go, "Caroline". Two minutes of research.

Quote:
Vaccine means a preparation of killed or attenuated living microorganisms, or fraction thereof, that upon administration stimulates immunity that protects against disease and is approved by the federal food and drug administration as safe and effective and recommended by the advisory committee on immunization practices of the centers for disease control and prevention for administration to children under the age of nineteen years.
https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/vaccine
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:39 PM   #2095
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Here you go, "Caroline". Two minutes of research.

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/vaccine
What have they got against live vaccines?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:44 PM   #2096
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Again with the provincial assumption that only the United States exists.

Those are complicating factors in most diseases. But the fact remains that even people in their physical prime, people far younger and healthier than you, can be seriously sickened or killed by COVID-19.

And even so, I find the way you dismiss COVID-19 as insignificant because it "only" affects people who aren't as awesomely and incredibly healthy as yourself to be morally reprehensible.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 04:58 PM   #2097
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I'm pretty sure nobody cares about the cost of the vaccine right now.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 05:05 PM   #2098
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I'm pretty sure nobody cares about the cost of the vaccine right now.
Wow, that's as wrong as you could be.

Countries with limited financial resources care a great deal about the cost, which is why many have settled for Chinese products of unknown quality.
Old 5th March 2021, 05:50 PM   #2099
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post

Countries with limited financial resources care a great deal about the cost, which is why many have settled for Chinese products of unknown quality.
It never ceases to amaze me, that which you can find on wish.com.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 05:54 PM   #2100
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

Caroline13, I'd like to ask you a question.

Why do you so mistrust so many leading scientists in their respective fields, yet completely embrace a handful of people, with no formal scientific training, from Facebook?

Please answer.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 05:55 PM   #2101
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post

Or...y'know...that their Chinese benefactors of the Belt and Road kind will suddenly turn cold should they not "choose to use" SinoVax.
Old 5th March 2021, 06:22 PM   #2102
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
I believe that "attenuated" applies to live vaccines.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 06:35 PM   #2103
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Or...y'know...that their Chinese benefactors of the Belt and Road kind will suddenly turn cold should they not "choose to use" SinoVax.
The dark side of renminbi alliances.

Shoulda signed up for Sputnik V.
Old 5th March 2021, 06:37 PM   #2104
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

I've got So Much new info from my other groups this morning and I'll start with Dr. Lee Merritt's words:

Scroll down to read what Dr. Merritt has to say:

https://lissahumanelife.wordpress.co...r-lee-merritt/
At least the woo from Dr. Merritt is in the right place, a website filled with nonsense.
You cited a web site which starts with a lie...

Quote:
"There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman, and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot." John F Kennedy
Why do you post BS from site based on ignorance and woo.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 07:06 PM   #2105
Caroline13
Muse

No Caroline got it from some other member of a group that is very distrusting of all we are being told about this covid stuff. I don't go digging anymore and if it comes to me I read it and then decide to pass it on. And how about the billions being spent on those vaccines....you guys better get them so that pharma can keep going with them.
Old 5th March 2021, 07:12 PM   #2106
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I saw a patient two weeks ago, the day after I had gotten my 2nd dose, and I asked him if he'd gotten the vaccine yet. He said no and proceeded to tell me it hadn't been properly tested. So I asked him if he thought the millions of doses that have been given now demonstrated it was safe. He shifted the goalpost to some other excuse. It wasn't relevant to what I was seeing him for so I didn't push it.

It's hard to fathom though, how people don't see COVID as a greater risk than a vaccine which has now been 'tested' on millions of people with little or no risk occurring after.
I hear it daily on CA radio how many are very reluctant to take these unapproved vaccines, including me and most of close circle of friends/family.

Then talking to my good friend today, one of his employees fears he has the covid and Rich said oh maybe it's just a cold or a mild flu and told the guy to get with zinc and Vit C and the guy had no clue about these for his immune system...so so so many don't have a clue how to keep themselves healthy.

This 82 yr old sees no covid risk..

Gotta laugh, I did my first attempt at rigging up one of my scarves for an upcoming trip to my MD for a check in. I will not buy a mask that I don't believe does much.

Last edited by Caroline13; 5th March 2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old 5th March 2021, 07:25 PM   #2107
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
No, the link doesnít work because Caroline hasnít managed to post it properly. It looks as if sheís copied it from somewhere that abbreviates long urls in the same way this forum does, by cutting out part of the url and substituting an ellipsis. The content is probably still there.
This member posted about 3 interesting links and I believe he said one or more were going to be taken down, so that must be it...At least I got to view it and other members of my other group.
Old 5th March 2021, 07:26 PM   #2108
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

I hear it daily on CA radio how many are very reluctant to take these unapproved vaccines, including me and most of close circle of friends/family.

Then talking to my good friend today, one of his employees fears he has the covid and Rich said oh maybe it's just a cold or a mild flu and told the guy to get with zinc and Vit C and the guy had no clue about these for his immune system...so so so many don't have a clue how to keep themselves healthy.

This 82 yr old sees no covid risk..

Gotta laugh, I did my first attempt at rigging up one of my scarves for an upcoming trip to my MD for a check in. I will not buy a mask that I don't believe does much.

I donít believe the employee didnít know about vitamin c
Old 5th March 2021, 07:30 PM   #2109
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by welshdean View Post
Caroline13, I'd like to ask you a question.

Why do you so mistrust so many leading scientists in their respective fields, yet completely embrace a handful of people, with no formal scientific training, from Facebook?

Please answer.
Sure and I am not on Facebook...let us get that straight, believe it or not.,

I believe the researchers like: Mikovits, Gold, Victory, Tenpenny, Mercola, Del Big Tree, Rappaport, yes Jon, Mike Adams, Osterholm, Weston Price Foundation and many more....

Trust in the govt has gone for years in my life...amazing my SS check and Medicare come to me. Thank you FDR and LBJ
Old 5th March 2021, 07:33 PM   #2110
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
I donít believe the employee didnít know about vitamin c
He is from another country and maybe it was more that he didn't know about zinc but these people are not into keeping good health..
Old 5th March 2021, 08:07 PM   #2111
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
So what? I have a strong distrust of the Catholic Church, but that does not mean I get to redefine the virgin birth to suit myself.
We have something in common the Cath church but I don't care about the church as I've been that road for many years and yes there was some yr stuff I think from that experience and I'm done with all religion for the most part...

Give me good old Science of the Mind (SOM) which was my final attempt at any organization in the religious world...and then there was the UU group...Oh we've digressed to churches... Haven't you and me.
Old 5th March 2021, 08:15 PM   #2112
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

If you're going to pull out guilt by association or company, you'd better be way way
more careful to find out the back stories of people you link to. As it is, even if some of your citations were true, some of the promulgators are conspiracy theorists of the nuttiest, most bigoted sort. Don't impose rules on others that you cannot play by.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 08:36 PM   #2113
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

This member posted about 3 interesting links and I believe he said one or more were going to be taken down, so that must be it...At least I got to view it and other members of my other group.
Prove us wrong, then. Post the link properly, so we can read it.

I did try to find the article you referred to on the Motley Fool site. But since you posted an invalid link, nobody could find it. So that one is on your incompetence.

Then I also noted that your text referred to a definition of vaccines on the LawInsider website. And on THAT site, I found the definition you referred to, word for word. And that's the correct link I posted above. Other posters here have already commented on that content.

So now that everyone here has the same source information that has obviously not been fiendishly hidden by Big Pharma or whatever, perhaps you might try to keep up, instead of childishly pretending there is some evil global conspiracy to hide "The Truth!TM" from you and everyone.

Unless that is all you are here to do - take offense at everything that doesn't agree with you. You would think that, by the age of 82, you would have grown out of that behaviour by now.
Old 5th March 2021, 08:42 PM   #2114
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

deleted
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 09:40 PM   #2115
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
I don't want or need any vaccines except I needed a Tetnus maybe 20 yrs ago and that's been it. Then I believe a smallpox to go to first grade in 1943. Give me good old clean natural immune system health. Works for me.
Old 5th March 2021, 09:45 PM   #2116
Caroline13
Muse

Prove us wrong, then. Post the link properly, so we can read it.

I did try to find the article you referred to on the Motley Fool site. But since you posted an invalid link, nobody could find it. So that one is on your incompetence.

Then I also noted that your text referred to a definition of vaccines on the LawInsider website. And on THAT site, I found the definition you referred to, word for word. And that's the correct link I posted above. Other posters here have already commented on that content.

So now that everyone here has the same source information that has obviously not been fiendishly hidden by Big Pharma or whatever, perhaps you might try to keep up, instead of childishly pretending there is some evil global conspiracy to hide "The Truth!TM" from you and everyone.

Unless that is all you are here to do - take offense at everything that doesn't agree with you. You would think that, by the age of 82, you would have grown out of that behaviour by now.
Hey Norman, behaviour??? Your choose your healing protocols and I choose mine. I'm not a great fancier of pharma, glad they do have ibuprofen as I do take it, wish I didn't need it, wish I was pain free but I'm not. And many do suffer with side effects from that drug, so far I'm good but I use some protective supps for taking it and trust they are working.

My memory is good on the damage I've had and also the damage my daughter had, omg...
Old 5th March 2021, 09:51 PM   #2117
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Hey Norman, behaviour??? Your choose your healing protocols and I choose mine. I'm not a great fancier of pharma, glad they do have ibuprofen as I do take it, wish I didn't need it, wish I was pain free but I'm not. And many do suffer with side effects from that drug, so far I'm good but I use some protective supps for taking it and trust they are working.

My memory is good on the damage I've had and also the damage my daughter had, omg...

Can you post the link from your O/P in full, rather than the broken version you posted?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 10:18 PM   #2118
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Hey Norman, behaviour??? Your choose your healing protocols and I choose mine.
Seriously, are you lecturing us on manners, now??

Quote:
I'm not a great fancier of pharma, glad they do have ibuprofen as I do take it, wish I didn't need it, Pwish I was pain free but I'm not. And many do suffer with side effects from that drug, so far I'm good but I use some protective supps for taking it and trust they are working.
On this we agree. Very few people WANT to take pharmaceuticals. Myself, for example. But I would have died a few times already of asthma but for modern medicine. Now I take a daily dose of a tried-and-tested pharmaceutical that gives me the ability to enjoy my life unhindered by the prospect of choking to death at any time. The alternative to taking the drug is...not desirable.

Of course there are dangers with drugs. That's why laboratories refine compounds to get the exact chemicals that do the work, refine them for purity so there is no contamination, then run extensive testing on them so they know EXACTLY how they work and thus how much is needed to have an effect. But this doesn't happen for free. It takes years of work by hundreds of people and hundreds of thousands of trials to test any one medicine. Just to make sure they are safe, or at least the effects are known. And most of them are failures - they do nothing - and never get beyond the test phase. So who has to pay for all this safety...? How much do you think it costs...?

Also, where do you think the original pharmaceutical chemicals come from in the first place? Might be a good exercise for you to research that.

Quote:
You're alive at 82 (apparently). Less than a century ago you would almost certainly have been dead, probably painfully and lingeringly, decades before now. Your hip problem? Incurable. Most of the diseases that killed people up until the early 20th century were fatal. Now they are more or less eradicated or more of an unpleasant inconvenience. Remember whooping cough? Pneumonia? Measles? Poliomyelitis? But because of modern medicine and better pharmaceuticals, here you are... Alive and grumbling.

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 5th March 2021 at 10:19 PM.
Old 5th March 2021, 10:26 PM   #2119
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

I don't want or need any vaccines except I needed a Tetnus maybe 20 yrs ago and that's been it. Then I believe a smallpox to go to first grade in 1943. Give me good old clean natural immune system health. Works for me.
Only because you're leaching off my immune system.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2021, 11:45 PM   #2120
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Probably not.
Quote:
By the late 1940s, tetanus toxoid was recommended as a routine public health measure for all children in the United States and usually was administered in combination with diphtheria toxoid and pertussis vaccine.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK216821/

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories