ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags airplane incidents , government shutdown

Old 18th April 2019, 10:04 PM   #201
banquetbear
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Oh good. Maybe now you can go to bed and sleep peacefully.
...its only 5 in the afternoon. Not planning on going to sleep for a long time yet.

And concession accepted.
banquetbear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 03:56 AM   #202
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Oh good. Maybe now you can go to bed and sleep peacefully.
The good form verbiage, best practice in this forum would have read: "I stand corrected. Thanks for your efforts."
Old 19th April 2019, 06:11 PM   #203
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
The good form verbiage, best practice in this forum would have read: "I stand corrected. Thanks for your efforts."
If quad's initial reply to my post didn't come across as snarky, ('we already know that') then maybe banquetbear wouldn't have missed that quad and I resolved the issue (at least I thought we did) and then maybe banquetbear wouldn't have continued the snark with more 'we already know that'... then I suspect this whole discussion would have been...how should I put it.... a normal discussion of a non-controversial topic!

Why was this necessary:
Quote:
...but the news media didn't miss anything. You missed it. It isn't particularly revelatory that you happened to miss something.
The issue was resolved. There was no reason for this followed by a dozen unnecessary exchanges.

Why are so many people in this forum so determined to make everything about concessions rather than discussions.

Discussion:
I didn't think the news media was covering X
Yes, they did, see here.
Those are not mainstream news sites.
OK, here is a MSM source.
Hmm, still not seeing Y.
Here's a link to Y.
Great.
End of non-controversial, not a pissing contest discussion.

If banquetbear wants to apologize for starting off with needless snark, I will thank them for the links.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 19th April 2019 at 06:17 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 09:55 PM   #204
banquetbear
Graduate Poster

If quad's initial reply to my post didn't come across as snarky, ('we already know that') then maybe banquetbear wouldn't have missed that quad and I resolved the issue (at least I thought we did) and then maybe banquetbear wouldn't have continued the snark with more 'we already know that'... then I suspect this whole discussion would have been...how should I put it.... a normal discussion of a non-controversial topic!

Why was this necessary:The issue was resolved. There was no reason for this followed by a dozen unnecessary exchanges.

Why are so many people in this forum so determined to make everything about concessions rather than discussions.

Discussion:
I didn't think the news media was covering X
Yes, they did, see here.
Those are not mainstream news sites.
OK, here is a MSM source.
Hmm, still not seeing Y.
Here's a link to Y.
Great.
End of non-controversial, not a pissing contest discussion.

If banquetbear wants to apologize for starting off with needless snark, I will thank them for the links.
...wow.

You just can't let anything go, can you?

Oh well. Maybe now you've got that off your chest you can go to bed and sleep peacefully.
banquetbear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events