ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags compulsion , deception , idiocy , Nobility , ratitude , violence

Old Today, 12:18 AM   #2121
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
You mean your clumsily loaded questions? And your thinly-veiled emotional tantrum against science? The issue here isn't whether religion makes people feel good or gives them a sense of purpose or makes them feel important. The issue is whether your religion is supported by fact, which it isn't. It's whether your claims that Jainism is a scientific religion are supported by fact, which they aren't.

Yeah, good luck convincing anyone but yourself that I'm being evasive. Good luck convincing them that everything I've said is "sewage." Do you really think you've earned that degree of credibility? I'm perfectly willing to talk about your loaded, irrelevant questions. All you have to do is retract your accusation that science brainwashes the public. But you can't do even that one simple thing.
No. Just reply my questions or forget and forgive.
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #2122
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Since Jay has avoided to reply above simple questions, I invite all others members to reply above.
Invitation declined.

Kindly withdraw your baseless accusations, and apologise to JayUtah for insulting him.

I am not going to continue taking the time to decipher your posts and correct their more egregious errors until you do.
Old Today, 12:26 AM   #2123
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

No. Just reply my questions or forget and forgive.
Do you really think you're the first fringe claimant to try to deflect from his own abject failure by changing the subject and shifting responsibility for answering questions? Do you really think you're the first person to equivocate via loaded questions?

Your questions have zero to do with the factuality of your religion. They're trying to conflate subjective benefit with truth. Nevertheless I'm willing to let your derail this already train wreck of an argument if you just retract your accusation that science brainwashes people. Is that accusation so important to you that you can't drop it?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #2124
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Do you really think you're the first fringe claimant to try to deflect from his own abject failure by changing the subject and shifting responsibility for answering questions? Do you really think you're the first person to equivocate via loaded questions?

Your questions have zero to do with the factuality of your religion. They're trying to conflate subjective benefit with truth. Nevertheless I'm willing to let your derail this already train wreck of an argument if you just retract your accusation that science brainwashes people. Is that accusation so important to you that you can't drop it?
No, No. Just reply my questions otherwise forget. I can understand.
Old Today, 12:47 AM   #2125
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Invitation declined.

Kindly withdraw your baseless accusations, and apologise to JayUtah for insulting him.

I am not going to continue taking the time to decipher your posts and correct their more egregious errors until you do.
No. Discuss independently. . Just reply my questions or forget. Most simple and reasonable rhetorical questions.

Last edited by Kumar; Today at 01:42 AM. Reason: add
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:28 AM   #2126
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Simply accept all sides are not A&F so all sides do not have perfect expertise, so just discuss in these considerations.
Kumar please link to ANY instance where I or anybody else has required you to be absolute and final. Or quit this nonsense.

All we have ever requested from you is useful evidence.

Hans
Old Today, 02:43 AM   #2127
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Kumar please link to ANY instance where I or anybody else has required you to be absolute and final. Or quit this nonsense.

All we have ever requested from you is useful evidence.

Hans
Yes, we shall base it. Any detail on internet should be acceptable.

Last edited by Kumar; Today at 03:41 AM. Reason: add
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:50 AM   #2128
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

No.
Then this is the last time I will respond to one of your posts.

Fortunately I have many more interesting and rewarding things to do with my time than trying to correct the deficiencies in your education.
Old Today, 02:51 AM   #2129
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

#1918 ???
Old Today, 02:55 AM   #2130
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Then this is the last time I will respond to one of your posts.

Fortunately I have many more interesting and rewarding things to do with my time than trying to correct the deficiencies in your education.

Fortunately or not, I can't say. But Good luck and thanks for educating & contradicting me.
Old Today, 03:31 AM   #2131
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Since Jay has avoided to reply above simple questions, I invite all others members to reply above.

We can't reply above. Replies always go below on this forum.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:33 AM   #2132
Mojo
Mostly harmless

I can understand.

Yet another completely unsupported assertion.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:34 AM   #2133
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
We can't reply above. Replies always go below on this forum.
It is well proved most members here do not give their independent view. Those are just most simple and reasonable rhetorical questions.
Old Today, 03:37 AM   #2134
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Those are just most simple and reasonable rhetorical questions.

Then why do you expect us to answer them?

Old Today, 03:41 AM   #2135
fagin
Illuminator

No. Discuss independently. . Just reply my questions or forget. Most simple and reasonable rhetorical questions.
You don't even understand what rhetorical means.

'A rhetorical question is one which is asked in order to make a statement rather than to get an answer.'

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...ish/rhetorical

'Rhetoric:

the study of the technique of using language effectively
the art of using speech to persuade, influence, or please; oratory
excessive use of ornamentation and contrivance in spoken or written discourse; bombast
speech or discourse that pretends to significance but lacks true meaning'

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...glish/rhetoric

Number 4 seems to be particularly apt.
Old Today, 03:43 AM   #2136
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Then why do you expect us to answer them?
Because that still is a question. Also to get his acceptance otherwise anyone can claim non A&F.
Old Today, 03:45 AM   #2137
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
You don't even understand what rhetorical means.

'A rhetorical question is one which is asked in order to make a statement rather than to get an answer.'

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...ish/rhetorical

'Rhetoric:

the study of the technique of using language effectively
the art of using speech to persuade, influence, or please; oratory
excessive use of ornamentation and contrivance in spoken or written discourse; bombast
speech or discourse that pretends to significance but lacks true meaning'

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...glish/rhetoric

Number 4 seems to be particularly apt.
rhetorical questions
a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer.
Old Today, 03:50 AM   #2138
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Because that still is a question.

No, a rhetorical question is a question to which the person asking it does not expect an answer.

Old Today, 03:50 AM   #2139
fagin
Illuminator

rhetorical questions
a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer.
Well done.

And for your next lesson, try putting two and two together.

(Hint - do you notice a bit of a contradiction?)
Old Today, 03:51 AM   #2140
Mojo
Mostly harmless

rhetorical questions

So why are you asking us to answer your rhetorical questions?

Old Today, 03:53 AM   #2141
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Well done.

And for your next lesson, try putting two and two together.

(Hint - do you notice a bit of a contradiction?)
twotwo. What?
Old Today, 03:54 AM   #2142
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

So why are you asking us to answer your rhetorical questions?
to create a dramatic effect or to make a point.
Old Today, 03:58 AM   #2143
Mojo
Mostly harmless

From Kumar's previous use of the term it seems that he thinks "rhetorical" means "incoherent".

Old Today, 04:01 AM   #2144
fagin
Illuminator

Goodbye Kumar.

I join Pixel42 in tiring of your evasion and games.

You are the worst, most dishonest jain ever. It's a good thing religion is bollocks, or you'd be headed to whatever the jain equivalent of hell is.
Old Today, 04:02 AM   #2145
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

From Kumar's previous use of the term it seems that he thinks "rhetorical" means "incoherent".
NO. Only coherent. Reply to two lines can also be in two lines respectively in same post.
Old Today, 04:21 AM   #2146
Mojo
Mostly harmless

to create a dramatic effect or to make a point.

No, that's why you ask rhetorical questions. You do not expect them to be answered.

Old Today, 04:32 AM   #2147
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

No, that's why you ask rhetorical questions. You do not expect them to be answered.
Because neither get right answers nor expect. Rhetorical questions from both sides.

ANYWAY, we have relaxed a bit by TTTTs. Now, coming to point relevant to topic, tell me about "Deception" as I recently indicated.

Last edited by Kumar; Today at 04:35 AM. Reason: add
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #2148
StackOverflow
Scholar

No

Christopher Hitchens
StackOverflow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:17 AM   #2149
Mojo
Mostly harmless

ANYWAY, we have relaxed a bit by TTTTs. Now, coming to point relevant to topic, tell me about "Deception" as I recently indicated.

You have recently been trying to deceive us by asking "rhetorical" questions with a hidden agenda, but failed because it wasn't hidden very well.

Old Today, 07:59 AM   #2150
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

You have recently been trying to deceive us by asking "rhetorical" questions with a hidden agenda, but failed because it wasn't hidden very well.
No.
Do not speculate about me for next five dàys.
Old Today, 08:01 AM   #2151
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Goodbye Kumar.

I join Pixel42 in tiring of your evasion and games.

You are the worst, most dishonest jain ever. It's a good thing religion is bollocks, or you'd be headed to whatever the jain equivalent of hell is.
Get well soon.
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #2152
Peregrinus
Muse

Any detail on internet should be acceptable.
If you believe that, there's some swampland in New Jersey I can get for you at a very attractive price.
Peregrinus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:48 AM   #2153
Peregrinus
Muse

NO. Only coherent. Reply to two lines can also be in two lines respectively in same post.
That, in English at least, is meaningless. Totally null. Void. Semantically empty. And rather silly into the bargain. Additional examples abound in these threads - indeed any discussion where your posts are found.
Peregrinus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy