ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , lying charges , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #1241
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Ah, yes, I noticed that you and your buddies want the US to fail hard if you don't get it your way.
Oh, that's impressive, coming from someone who actually wants the US to fail hard. Does that mean you think we're allies now?
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #1242
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Exactly! Trump has made a huge deal about making America first and his only exception seems to be Russia? Now what about that that seems fishy to anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I've noticed the cozy relationship with Russian compared to our allies. He says, "America First" in his foreign-made suit while hiring foreign workers, not to mention his building projects constructed of foreign-made steel.

Quote:
How Donald Trump Ditched U.S. Steel Workers in Favor of China

Plenty of blue-collar workers believe that, as president, Donald Trump would be ready to fight off U.S. trade adversaries and reinvigorate the country’s manufacturing industries through his commitment to the Rust Belt.

What they likely don’t know is that Trump has been stiffing American steel workers on his own construction projects for years, choosing to deprive untold millions of dollars from four key electoral swing states and instead directing it to China—the country whose trade practices have helped decimate the once-powerful industrial center of the United States.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-donald-t...s-china-505717

Trump has been duping his supporters and it seems they haven't figured it out.

Last edited by skyeagle409; Yesterday at 05:42 PM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #1243
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Trump will release the kraken before he releases his tax returns willingly. I'll get drunk for joy when he finally is forced to.
I'll feel the same way when the Clinton crime family foundation is investigated.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #1244
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
General matters don't matter when the text is unambiguous like here. This is exactly what I mean by the Constitution being a suicide pact.
It's a suicide pact because the founding fathers, aka "humans" couldn't predict the future where a madman idiot took advantage of loopholes they couldn't possibly envision?
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #1245
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
I've noticed the cozy relationship with Russian compared to our allies. He says, "America First" in his foreign-made suit while hiring foreign workers and his buildings are constructed of foreign-made steel.

Mining has taken off, steel will also come back. Of course your hero Obama did his best to kill both.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #1246
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
It's a suicide pact because the founding fathers, aka "humans" couldn't predict the future where a madman idiot took advantage of loopholes they couldn't possibly envision?
Yes, but Obama is out of office.
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #1247
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Oh, that's impressive, coming from someone who actually wants the US to fail hard. Does that mean you think we're allies now?
William do you really want our country to fail?
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #1248
BobTheCoward
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Correct.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #1249
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Mining has taken off, steel will also come back. Of course your hero Obama did his best to kill both.

I've heard the voices of coal miners who agree that the industry has been declining because coal can't compete with cheaper more efficient energy sources.

Quote:
Our Charts Show How Dead the Coal Industry Really Is

President Donald Trump wants to put “our miners back to work,” but unfortunately — he can’t.

It’s not because of political reasons; it’s simply because the coal industry is dying, and the jobs just aren’t there.

The once $34 billion coal industry has an “increasingly dim employment prospect,” according to the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis’s (IEEFA) 2017 U.S. Coal Outlook. IEEFA also notes that “promises to create more coal jobs will not be kept – indeed the industry will continue to cut payrolls.”

Money Morning Global Energy Strategist Dr. Kent Moors put a timeline on the death of coal for readers back on May 17, 2016, when he said that “the black rock (coal) has 12-18 months at the outside before conditions get so bad that coal (and nuclear) plants begin to closing in earnest.”

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/2017/0...dustry-really/

The Coal Industry Isn’t Even Certain That Donald Trump Can Save It

The Energy Information Administration, a federal agency that analyzes energy trends, recently modeled what would happen to coal if Trump repealed the Clean Power Plan. While the industry would see an initial boost, coal would eventually decline over time—not enough to bring job numbers back to levels seen in the 1980s.

A dozen hopeful miners surrounded Trump while he signed the executive order. But even Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said of the order, "Our nation can't run on pixie dust and hope."

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...mp-can-save-it
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #1250
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I've noticed the cozy relationship with Russian compared to our allies. He says, "America First" in his foreign-made suit while hiring foreign workers, not to mention his building projects constructed of foreign-made steel.

I know. What he says and what he does are rarely the same thing. He'd lie to anyone for any reason and often without reason. In the last 20 months, I've watched Trump attack pretty much everyone. France, Germany, the UK, Mexico, Japan, China, NATO, Except Russia and Putin. It's all about having a better relationship with Russia. Really, really fishy.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #1251
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I know. What he says and what he does are rarely the same thing. He'd lie to anyone for any reason and often without reason. In the last 20 months, I've watched Trump attack pretty much everyone. France, Germany, the UK, Mexico, Japan, China, NATO, Except Russia and Putin. It's all about having a better relationship with Russia. Really, really fishy.

I agree. I am delighted to have read the latest here.

Quote:
Congress reaches Russia sanctions deal

(CNN)The House and Senate reached a deal Saturday to slap Russia with fresh sanctions and give Congress new veto power to block any easing of those sanctions -- an agreement that could send a new bill to President Donald Trump's desk before the end of the month.

House and Senate negotiators announced an agreement was reached Saturday morning for a bill that would include new sanctions against Russia, Iran, and North Korea.

Despite the White House lobbying for changes to the measure, the legislation will give Congress a new ability to block the administration from easing sanctions on Moscow. Democrats and some Republicans have expressed concerns that Trump is considering giving Russia back two compounds in Maryland and New York that were seized by the Obama administration in December.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/22/politi...ons/index.html
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #1252
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I agree. I am delighted to have read the latest here.
Yea, I read that earlier. Trump’s boss is going to be angry.
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #1253
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

William do you really want our country to fail?
No, I don't know how you could be so unobservant, but I want to see your cult leader sent back to reality TV where he belongs, BEFORE he does irreversible damage. He is mentally ill.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #1254
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Thanks for the admission. Contrary to you, I don't want the US to fail hard at all, I want the Empire to land as a Republic, as soft as possible because the planet can't stand hard crashes of that kind anymore.

Allies? LOL
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #1255
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I already told you why, shall I put up the post for once again?
You already told us why he won't release them. You haven't told us why he won't give a straight answer about why he won't release them.

Unlike many people on this board, I don't care whether he releases them or not, and I don't think it ought to be required of presidential candidates. If Donald Trump were a more honest fellow he would tell us the real reason he won't release them. Instead, he lies, because that's what he does.

As I said earlier, it pains me that, from an electoral perspective, lying is probably his best option. Oh, well. We get the president we deserve.
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #1256
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Mod WarningKeep to the Russian issues /news etc. in this thread.
Posted By:Darat
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #1257
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I'll feel the same way when the Clinton crime family foundation is investigated.
LOOK OVER THERE====================>
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #1258
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Mueller is a registered Republican, appointed to head the FBI in 2001 by Bush.

Maybe he's not a real Republican. Maybe he only calls himself a Republican.

There ought to be a name for that sort of thing. It happens so often.
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #1259
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Thanks for the admission. Contrary to you, I don't want the US to fail hard at all, I want the Empire to land as a Republic, as soft as possible because the planet can't stand hard crashes of that kind anymore.

Allies? LOL
I wasn't admitting anything; I was pointing out the absurd conclusion your fuzzy logic leads to.
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #1260
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I wasn't admitting anything; I was pointing out the absurd conclusion your fuzzy logic leads to.

You wish.
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #1261
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

You wish.
Do you really think this is clever? What is the 'gotcha' nonsense?
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #1262
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Agreed. One more sick Russia that can only cycle between offering the world totalitarian misery, or death threats, is enough. Have a workable recipe in mind for the transition, or can we summarize it as "adopt my fave xyz utopian nightmare?" Saves discussion time.
Old Today, 03:11 AM   #1263
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

The House and Senate reached veto proof agreement today on tough sanctions against Russia that cannot be undone without approval by Congress. The bill was passed by the Senate 98-2.

Putin's going to be pissed.
Trump is pushed in a corner; either veto the bill and look guilty as hell, or sign it and risk whatever Putin has on him coming out. I'll bet 10 internet points that he vetoes.
I don't know. Even his boss must know that would be futile.
This is where Trump's personality defect might come into play. The rational thing to do would be to accept this gracefully. However that might be an affront to his ego.

He's going to start holding grudges against GOP senators regardless of his other actions. We know how he rewards loyal service in a difficult situation (except for Flynn), so people affronting his dignity really won't play well with him.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:39 AM   #1264
Tero
Muse

Sanctions bill going through congress. Trump will have to sign something. Putin can then play his Trump card.
Let's see, new Republican ideas...er, cut taxes? Take down big government? Fresh out of new ideas. It's like thinking up a new ad for Charmin toilet paper.Trump: What collusion?Us: Collusion is your middle name, Mr President. You never invented anything, just borrowed ideas and offered your services to foreigners desperate to get their money out of their country.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics