ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th September 2017, 07:01 PM   #1361
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by heymatto70 View Post
So you're saying that the ducks did it then?
Must have suspected there was fowl play.
Old 30th September 2017, 12:25 PM   #1362
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by YTer Jason G
zero math required
We were discussing physics.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 12:24 PM   #1363
Mark F
Graduate Poster

In discussing the allegedly symmetrical collapse of Building 7 on 9/11 a Truther told me after I had pointed out how decidedly non-symmetrical the collapse was:

"All you need is symmetry from one angle. Makes no difference."

Any straight line will do apparently.
Old 7th April 2018, 05:40 PM   #1364
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Anyone taking bets on how long it will take for CT's to start banging on abut the fire at Trump Tower today and how it didn't cause the building to collapse into its own footprint at freefall speed?
Old 8th April 2018, 05:33 PM   #1365
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Oh yeah, the comments on Youtube about the Trump fire are filled with 9/11 morons.
Old 10th April 2018, 11:12 AM   #1366
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I think this qualifies..................
Lawyers To Petition DoJ Demanding 9/11 Grand Jury Investigation of WTCs 1, 2 and 7

Quote:
A federal grand jury should investigate the collapses of the World Trade Center Twin Towers during the 9/11 attacks, as well as WTC 7, according to a petition that an expert lawyers group plans to file on April 10 in New York City's federal court.
https://www.opednews.com/articles/La...80409-637.html

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 12:14 PM   #1367
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'expert' that I wasn't previously aware of.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 12:17 PM   #1368
heymatto70
Scholar

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Lawyers To Petition DoJ Demanding 9/11 Grand Jury Investigation of WTCs 1, 2 and 7

Why would a grand jury, which will be made up of common folks (i.e., morons) be able to do anything? Do people know what a grand jury is for?
heymatto70 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 01:51 PM   #1369
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Why would a grand jury, which will be made up of common folks (i.e., morons) be able to do anything? Do people know what a grand jury is for?
....this is why this is in this thread.....

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 02:04 PM   #1370
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post

It looks like 4 lawyers and 1 washed up actor. No idea what level of expertise any of them might bring or why we should care. That they are calling for a grand jury investigation implies lack of expertise.
Old 10th April 2018, 02:59 PM   #1371
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
It looks like 4 lawyers and 1 washed up actor.
That's a power house in a "truthers" world........

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
That they are calling for a grand jury investigation implies lack of expertise.
You are being too kind, it's delusional..............

Old 11th April 2018, 01:09 AM   #1372
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

The truthers already tried something like this in 2004; they set up a "Citizen Grand Jury," a body with no official standing, where being a moron is less a common feature and more a condition of service of the members. IIRC they ended up bickering so much about which of the myriad conspiracy theories they were trying to support that they couldn't come up with anything even resembling a specific indictment.

(As far as I can see, the usual official response to Citizen Grand Jury indictments is to refer them to Arkell v. Pressdram.)

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 07:12 AM   #1373
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
The truthers already tried something like this in 2004; they set up a "Citizen Grand Jury," a body with no official standing, where being a moron is less a common feature and more a condition of service of the members. IIRC they ended up bickering so much about which of the myriad conspiracy theories they were trying to support that they couldn't come up with anything even resembling a specific indictment.

(As far as I can see, the usual official response to Citizen Grand Jury indictments is to refer them to Arkell v. Pressdram.)

Dave

Yeah, it's akin to the Freeman on the Land concepts of justice. The Truthers have some notion that Grand Juries have some magical power to investigate literally anything, and then compel actions based on their conclusions.
Old 16th April 2018, 08:55 AM   #1374
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

This post in AAH from manifesto:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...14&postcount=4

Apparently believing in the official story, makes you a tinfoiler.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 09:29 AM   #1375
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post

He has no clue what evidence means to an event. Lucky he was not in the FBI on 9/11 when only 19 people on four planes were found to have a motive to kill Americans on 9/11.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:56 PM   #1376
Venom
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post

I love how truthers always invoke the "19 Muslims/cave dwellers/Arabs hijacked airliners all in one day" as if airline hijackings from Arabs is supposed to be some unfathomable task (Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine). There's racism there for sure, or at least racial prejudice, as well as historical ignorance.

But sure, stuff like engineering, physics, going to university didn't happen in those Arab, cave littered, dry desert regions in the Middle East.

Just pathetic.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories