ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd December 2017, 01:54 PM   #1
Allen773
Muse

I find it strange that many Truthers don't admit that Saudi Arabia is mostly to blame

For 9/11, that is - both indirectly and (in some ways) directly - along with Pakistan (the ISI, mainly), the Taliban in Afghanistan (for providing safe harbor to bin Laden and his confederates), and many Sunni/Wahhabist
imams operating with the blessing of Saudi and other Gulf monarchy sponsored "charities" around the world (or at the very least, willful neglect and turning a blind eye to what some of these clerics and donors were really up to).

Hell, even Iran was willing to provide sanctuary to some al-Qaeda associates and operatives under that time-old logic "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" (Iran's enemies, in this case, being the US, Israel, and the Sunni Gulf monarchies that al-Qaeda and other Sunni jihadists have been very explicit about wanting to violently overthrow - which further complicates the position of the House of Saud and the other Islamic regimes in the Middle East, particularly in the Persian Gulf).

In some tragic and twisted irony, one of the few Middle Eastern regimes that did NOT tolerate al-Qaeda (domestically) was Saddam Hussein's Iraq - not out of the goodness of Saddam's indisputably sadistic heart, mind you, but because Saddam (correctly) judged bin Laden and his followers to be threats to his own absolute draconian power and brutally authoritarian regime in Iraq, and Saddam usually only sponsored terrorists when he could control them.

When Truthers do admit any of these facts, it's almost inevitably as a logically tortured way station en route to their argument that violent jihadists, clerics, and their patrons in the Islamic world are merely acting on behalf of the real puppet-masters who are responsible for 9/11 and everything else that is bad, unjust, and evil in the world (the US and Israel, mostly - hmm... ). Apparently, Muslims have no agency of their own, no ability to act independently of what the US, the West in general (and Israel...lmao) instruct them to do. Nothing racist or condescending about that at all!

There's plenty to talk about regarding the disturbing economic, geopolitical, and even personal ties between American and other Western elites on the one hand, and some of the dubious (at best) and corrupt elites in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, etc. on the other...but that doesn't lend itself to blaming the Jooz and talking about controlled demolitions, thermite, and cruise missiles at the Pentagon, now does it?

Last edited by Allen773; 3rd December 2017 at 02:01 PM.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

There is at least this group around Les Jamieson, who sometimes is identified as someone with AE911T affiliation, but also sometimes accused by some truthers as being a disinfo plant:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HR.4...aseThe28Pages/

Mixed with more truthy stuff, they frequently put a focus on legislative, judicial and administrative action towards Saudi Arabia as an obvious sponsor of terrorism in general and 9/11 in particular.
I haven't studied them in emough depth though to know whether they put the blame squarely on the Kingdom, or pass the bill further down to any NWO handlers or whatever.
Old 3rd December 2017, 07:09 PM   #3
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Most conspiracie theories appear to be American focused, apparently built in the myth of all powerful American intelligence agencies and often combined with superhuman mythical powers of the Mossad.
Old 3rd December 2017, 10:30 PM   #4
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

I think a lot of Truthers don't actually know much about the mechanism of the 9/11 attacks, other than what happened that day. Being this way makes it much easier to imagine that the perpetrators, such as UBL and KSM, were in fact completely innocent by-standers who were framed by the evil American imperialists. It's just my feeling, but I suspect that no-planers and Truthers of that ilk are much more this way than the other kind of Truthers who believe in thermite, explosives and that sort of thing. With the demise of this latter group, we're left with Truthers that really know very little about 9/11.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 3rd December 2017 at 10:46 PM.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2017, 11:32 AM   #5
Allen773
Muse

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Most conspiracie theories appear to be American focused, apparently built in the myth of all powerful American intelligence agencies and often combined with superhuman mythical powers of the Mossad.
To be fair, the Mossad is pretty damn effective at hunting down terrorists (to their credit. )

The American intelligence agencies, on the other hand, wish that they were nearly as "all powerful" as the conspiratards think they are. CT'ers give them far too much credit, and anyone who knows anything about the US intelligence community will be the first to tell you that (I believe we have a few people on this very forum who've worked in US intelligence, actually - including the infamous, nefarious, cold-blooded killers of the CIA ).

Last edited by Allen773; 4th December 2017 at 11:34 AM.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2017, 12:29 PM   #6
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
To be fair, the Mossad is pretty damn effective at hunting down terrorists (to their credit. )

The American intelligence agencies, on the other hand, wish that they were nearly as "all powerful" as the conspiratards think they are. CT'ers give them far too much credit, and anyone who knows anything about the US intelligence community will be the first to tell you that (I believe we have a few people on this very forum who've worked in US intelligence, actually - including the infamous, nefarious, cold-blooded killers of the CIA ).
Could be the Mossad is just better at covering up their mistakes. They do have a reputation to uphold, you know...
Old 5th December 2017, 10:02 PM   #7
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Could be the Mossad is just better at covering up their mistakes. They do have a reputation to uphold, you know...
It's been nice knowing you.
Old 6th December 2017, 02:09 AM   #8
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
I think a lot of Truthers don't actually know much about the mechanism of the 9/11 attacks, other than what happened that day. Being this way makes it much easier to imagine that the perpetrators, such as UBL and KSM, were in fact completely innocent by-standers who were framed by the evil American imperialists. It's just my feeling, but I suspect that no-planers and Truthers of that ilk are much more this way than the other kind of Truthers who believe in thermite, explosives and that sort of thing. With the demise of this latter group, we're left with Truthers that really know very little about 9/11.
Agreed. Moreover, they display no knowledge whatsoever of the history and origins of jihadism. They seem to think it was invented by the CIA in the 1980's. Try asking them who Sayeed Qutb or Ibn Taymiyyah were, and enjoy the blank stares you'll get.
It's as if the entire Muslim world had no history at all before conspiracy theorists became aware of it, a position I find both ignorant and patronising.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories