ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Reply
Old 8th December 2007, 06:53 PM   #81
Elizabeth I
Philosopher
 
Elizabeth I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Defending the Alamo
Posts: 9,929
Last Child's post nominated for its profound unconscious irony:

Originally Posted by Lisa Simpson
Do not turn this thread into a free-for-all of name-calling or it will be closed and moved to AAH as well. This applies to everyone equally.
Posted By:Lisa Simpson
Originally Posted by LastChild View Post
Well I was gone for a little while and came back to see what the duh bunkas were up to with all their scary facts and I see the thread is already starting to degrade into the usual schoolyard antics.

It's good to see that the moderators are not asleep at the wheel and are heading off all the name calling and attacks before it gets out of hand so that another perfectly valid thread won't have to be closed.

Good job.
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2007, 05:56 AM   #82
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster
 
Mr.Herbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,448
We all know John Lear. He is a total dolt at the Above Top Secret.com site where he spews his UFO garbage along with his other spaced out dung. He is into the holograms and states that there is no way planes hit the twin towers. These are stundies all by themselves. I was reading a debate on ATS between Lyte Trip and Caustic Logic. (pathetic) and found a post by John Lear in there... .....

johnlear:

Quote:
CL, let me respectfully echo Craig's statement " You are suggesting an outrageous, illogical, unneeded, and completely UNSUPPORTED wild speculative scenario based on zero evidence."
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread315523/pg2
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2007, 05:01 AM   #83
8den
Graduate Poster
 
8den's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,293
As we know it isn't the stundies unless Look up gives us one of his "The TV show Heroes contains a subversive 911 truth message" posts.

The whole post is a stundie, but;

Quote:
I also wonder if the writer's strike might somehow be linked to this. Heroes just "happened" to have all of this portion of the season (they split the seasons in two, doing two chunks per year) filmed and I wonder (not claiming just wondering) if the revelations shown in Heroes and other shows are starting to show too much of the NWO control story.
Yes see we'll cripple the entertainment industry because one writer on one show might be a truther.
__________________
“If every trace of any single religion were wiped out again and nothing was passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again.
If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it out again."
- Penn Jillette in God, No!
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2007, 05:28 AM   #84
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 72,392
Originally Posted by 8den View Post
As we know it isn't the stundies unless Look up gives us one of his "The TV show Heroes contains a subversive 911 truth message" posts.

The whole post is a stundie, but;



Yes see we'll cripple the entertainment industry because one writer on one show might be a truther.
Isn't it every fanboy's dream ? That their favourite TV shows will happen for real ?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2007, 08:41 AM   #85
technoextreme
Illuminator
 
technoextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,785
Got it give it up for Mark Dice proving that girls dressed in bikinis spouting out pointless 9/11 drivel still results in pointless drivel.
Another nomination
Quote:
The video includes an interview with Dean, along with some footage of the arm itself, including a symbolic handshake between the reporter and humanity's future destroyer (or if not, the ancestor of humanity's future destroyer.)
Bionic arm= Terminator Yeeshhhh....
technoextreme is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2007, 04:29 PM   #86
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall
 
Brainache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canberra
Posts: 16,979
Originally Posted by Malmoesoldier View Post
I gave you the source. the world isnt overpopulated it is a myth, like the facts show. and prisonplanet dont lie, its a site for patriots and people that are normal. You know NORMAL human beings that understand SIMPLE facts, many people here aint normal, geeky-weak minded persons who jokes about serious issues and cant understand simple words. The Geeky-geeky club which has its own religion. ...
Normal people believe what PrisonPlanet tells them. Oh dear.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2007, 05:33 PM   #87
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher
 
Cl1mh4224rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,701
Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
Originally Posted by Malmoesoldier
You know NORMAL human beings that understand SIMPLE facts. . .
Normal people believe what PrisonPlanet tells them. Oh dear.

I didn't realize PrisonPlanet's unique readership numbered in the several billion range...

Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 10th December 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2007, 06:09 PM   #88
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,474
Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
Normal people believe what PrisonPlanet tells them. Oh dear.
perfectly fine with me, who wants to be normal anyway?
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2007, 08:39 PM   #89
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen
 
Gravy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 17,072
Naomi Wolf goes Almond Joy, as pointed out by Pat at Screw Loose Change:

Quote:
"Two days after 9-11 I was reading they're shipping the molten metal out to China?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61hXsf8Qu1M
Just what was she reading: the Stundie nominations?
__________________
"Please, keep your chops cool and don’t overblow.” –Freddie Hubbard

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links

Last edited by Gravy; 10th December 2007 at 08:41 PM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2007, 08:52 PM   #90
Good Lt
Graduate Poster
 
Good Lt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,498
Dang. Gravy beat me to it.

__________________
Sorrowful and great is the artist's destiny.
- Liszt

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 08:38 AM   #91
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher
 
Alferd_Packer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
"Every illegal alien is a person whose true identity has never been verified and therefore an illegal alien may be a terrorist or violent felon. I will say with a great degree of confidence that had [the 9/11 terrorists] not had driver's licenses, my son and 3,000 other people would be alive today."
— Peter Gadiel, 2007, former FAIR board member
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intel...le.jsp?sid=424

Because terrorists are incapable of producing false documents like a driver's license.
__________________
No laws of physics were broken in the writing of this post
Alferd_Packer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 09:21 AM   #92
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 26,747
Malmoesoldier at last explains the rationale behind quote mining and special pleading.

Originally Posted by Malmoesoldier View Post
The only thing you need from the UN document is the quotes i gave you, everything else has nothing to do with it, nothing at all. thoes quotes PROVES what i say, the rest of the text is just propaganda. read thoes quotes and leave the rest.
I just hope I nominated this one quickest.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 09:50 AM   #93
Minadin
Master Poster
 
Minadin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,469
Since no one else has nominated this yet:

Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
Ooooo challenge! Lol, who cares what you have to challenge... You're irrelevant in this.

And no, i am not going to take your absolutely useless challenge, simply because of "4) Not be the date on which the attacks occured" criterion (BTW, it's "occurred")

You people are in major denial, if you don't see 9/11 as a False Flag provocation, especially after all the scandals that are coming out.
For reference, here are all 4 of the criteria for the challenge:

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
For all of you that believe 9/11 was an inside job, I want you to list all of the actual facts you have. The facts you give must be as follows:

1) Not be speculation, interpretation, questions, guesses or just things that don't make sense about the official version.
2) Be accepted as correct by the vast majority of the 9/11 Truth Movement (ie, all but one or two people.)
3) Be verifiable that it is indeed correct.
4) Not be the date on which the attacks occured.
I just thought it was funny she objected to #4. She might have meant that she thought the challenge was condescending because of that last requirement, but the way she stated her objection made it sound like that would have been her only fact.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 10:06 AM   #94
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 26,327
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Malmoesoldier at last explains the rationale behind quote mining and special pleading.



I just hope I nominated this one quickest.

Dave


Well you beat me to it, so I'll just second it.




Damn stupid job, slowing me down, missing all the good Stundie noms.....grumble grumble......
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 11:28 AM   #95
LastChild
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,062
Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
Last Child's post nominated for its profound unconscious irony:
Yeah that's what I thought when I wrote it.

Good job
LastChild is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 01:05 PM   #96
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 72,392
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 07:08 PM   #97
JamesB
Master Poster
 
JamesB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,152
Boris Epstein, over at the blog, is always a source of amusement. His "Schrodinger's terrorists" comment, on Dylan Avery's inability to decide whether there were hijackers or not.

Quote:
Perhaps, the world isn't black and white? Perhaps, it's not just either the hijackers existed, or they did not?
http://www.haloscan.com/comments.php?user= screwloosechange &comment=5066666156462034427
__________________
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 10:00 PM   #98
Elizabeth I
Philosopher
 
Elizabeth I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Defending the Alamo
Posts: 9,929
Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
Since no one else has nominated this yet:

Originally Posted by Zlaya
Ooooo challenge! Lol, who cares what you have to challenge... You're irrelevant in this.

And no, i am not going to take your absolutely useless challenge, simply because of "4) Not be the date on which the attacks occured" criterion (BTW, it's "occurred")

You people are in major denial, if you don't see 9/11 as a False Flag provocation, especially after all the scandals that are coming out.
Not exactly a nomination, just another quote to prove that the above from Zlaya is in the right place [bolding mine]:

Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
How does one prove that another person was objective? By looking at what evidence was allowed into the final report, and what was ignored.

We're not loons. We have questions. You're a loon.

Do you understand that Mineta confirmed this many times? Twice on video? I don't think you understand how damaging this is.

Pointless. The fact that Cheney was in the WH bunker 30 minutes before, PROVES that Zelikow did everything in his power to make this report fit the pre-defined conclusion.

What about Sibel Edmonds, and her DOJ gag? Why was she not allowed in the report?

How suspicious is the fact that Dick and Bush testified together, behind closed doors, without being sworn in, and with no transcript?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Do you think...? Could it be...?

Last edited by Elizabeth I; 11th December 2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: oh, never mind...
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 10:10 PM   #99
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen
 
Gravy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 17,072
Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
Not exactly a nomination, just another quote to prove that the above from Zlaya is in the right place [bolding mine]:
Do you think...? Could it be...?
That would explain a lot.
__________________
"Please, keep your chops cool and don’t overblow.” –Freddie Hubbard

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2007, 10:37 PM   #100
Reality Believer
Muse
 
Reality Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 716
I don't know if this qualifies as a Stundie or not, but it is GD funny. In an enchange with Keith Olbermann, regarding the use of "enhanced techniques" used to extract information from detainees, Jack Rice, a former CIA agent said:

Quote:
I could hook you up to jumper cables and you would swear you are Justin Timberlake.
December 11, 2007 on Countdown, MSNBC

And to think, all I thought you needed to be hooked up to, to impersonate Justin Timberlake was a cardboard box
__________________
"Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
Reality Believer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 09:32 AM   #101
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,534
I'm surprised this one hasn't been Stundied yet:
Originally Posted by Malmoesoldier View Post
It is commonly accepted that the entire world population could all fit into the state of Texas and each have an acre of their own land.
Apparently the whole world has a population equal to about half of the US population. But wait, it gets even better. Anyone might think MS doesn't know the real figures, but he goes on to give the actual numbers and still get it completely and utterly wrong:

Originally Posted by Malmoesoldier View Post
The state of Texas has a land area of over 260,000 square miles. There are 640 acres to a mile. This means that the world's entire population could fit inside the state of Texas, with 1/4 acre for each man, woman and child...the rest of the world would be unpopulated.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 09:44 AM   #102
Minadin
Master Poster
 
Minadin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,469
261.8k * 640 * 4 = 670 million, give or take a bit. So he's off by about a factor of 10, there. Nice.

Perhaps this densification of Texas would work after "they" concluded his depopulation plan, and only if these men, women, and children lived in 2-3 person family units together on their half-acres. Of course, in anything resembling reality, these folks would need space for infrastructure such as roads, probably some public spaces such as parks and recreation facilities, and other services which were not homes, such as restaurants and stores and places of business. Not to mention the vast amounts of land which would be required to supply these folks with food and raw material supplies.

The whole idea is a rather silly comparison.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 09:57 AM   #103
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,474
Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
261.8k * 640 * 4 = 670 million, give or take a bit. So he's off by about a factor of 10, there. Nice.

Perhaps this densification of Texas would work after "they" concluded his depopulation plan, and only if these men, women, and children lived in 2-3 person family units together on their half-acres. Of course, in anything resembling reality, these folks would need space for infrastructure such as roads, probably some public spaces such as parks and recreation facilities, and other services which were not homes, such as restaurants and stores and places of business. Not to mention the vast amounts of land which would be required to supply these folks with food and raw material supplies.

The whole idea is a rather silly comparison.
well he says quarter of an acre in the second quote, so hes off by 2.5

...then he says "each man, woman and child" if he means each man+woman+child "family" group, he might be in the right ball park




...still a stundie though
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 10:05 AM   #104
Minadin
Master Poster
 
Minadin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,469
I figured the quarter-acre when I multiplied by 4, no?
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 10:09 AM   #105
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,474
Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
I figured the quarter-acre when I multiplied by 4, no?
aha, didnt see that, lol

well quarter acre, quarter of a quarter acre, its all the same thing
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 11:00 AM   #106
Minadin
Master Poster
 
Minadin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,469
At least you weren't off by an order of magnitude.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 10:06 PM   #107
ihaunter
Undead Skeptic
 
ihaunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 376
This might not seem like much of a Stundie at first glance:
Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
2. I hope you understand that your source for the above claim is an Mark Roberts disinformation website, and the source for that specific claim is actually an anonymous post on disinformation forum called 'Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forum' (probably made by Roberts himself), which has coincidentally banned all 9/11 discussion some time ago.
Bolding added.
I have to wonder, how effective can a forum be at spreading disinformation if they don't talk about the subject?
__________________
"Omne ignotum pro magnifico" (Everything unknown passes for something splendid) - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"No two humans are created equal. They're like snowflakes with a 250° C combustion temperature." Freefall comic
ihaunter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 10:26 PM   #108
Zlaya
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
Since no one else has nominated this yet:



For reference, here are all 4 of the criteria for the challenge:



I just thought it was funny she objected to #4. She might have meant that she thought the challenge was condescending because of that last requirement, but the way she stated her objection made it sound like that would have been her only fact.
Wow i really really hope i win, because that is so funny, and i'm so retarded, right?
Zlaya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 10:27 PM   #109
Zlaya
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by ihaunter View Post
This might not seem like much of a Stundie at first glance:

Bolding added.
I have to wonder, how effective can a forum be at spreading disinformation if they don't talk about the subject?
Effective enough for some guy called 'gravy' to use it as one of his sources...
Zlaya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2007, 10:45 PM   #110
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,518
Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
Wow i really really hope i win, because that is so funny, and i'm so retarded, right?
You certainly deserved to be nominated for that particular stupid post, but whether you'll make it to the finals remains to be seen. The month is young yet. Sadly, your posts are not in any way new, original, or insightful. So, I'm guessing you won't even make it to the monthly finals, despite the fact that the post at issue was, in fact, retarded.

Sorry, but it's just been attempted so many times before that you cannot lay claim to any original thought vis a vis the tinhat nonsense that you are currently promoting.

By the way, you might want to take a stab at proper cohesion, punctuation, spelling, grammar, capitalization, etc., if you expect anyone to take you seriously.

Just saying.

Last edited by LashL; 12th December 2007 at 10:48 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 02:42 AM   #111
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 26,747
Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
At least you weren't off by an order of magnitude.
Personally I think that an order of magnitude error isn't a true Stundie, but simply a mechanical calculation error that anyone could make.

Because I don't want to be nominated for the three orders of magnitude error I made last week.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 04:43 AM   #112
Mobyseven
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,671
Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
Wow i really really hope i win, because that is so funny, and i'm so retarded, right?
That seems to be the gist of it, yes.
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 05:27 AM   #113
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 72,392
Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
Wow i really really hope i win, because that is so funny, and i'm so retarded, right?
Quote:
Effective enough for some guy called 'gravy' to use it as one of his sources...
Circular reasoning, bloke.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 09:12 AM   #114
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,534
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Personally I think that an order of magnitude error isn't a true Stundie, but simply a mechanical calculation error that anyone could make.

Because I don't want to be nominated for the three orders of magnitude error I made last week.

Dave
You need to read the thread in question. It may not be really Stundie-worthy since it doesn't stand on its own, but when it comes down to it, that whole thread is bascially one big Stundie. Basically, the UN (which is also the NWO and the US) is planning to reduce the world's population by 80%, which they will do by increasing the population and making sure there's enough food to feed them all.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 09:19 AM   #115
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 26,747
Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
You need to read the thread in question. It may not be really Stundie-worthy since it doesn't stand on its own, but when it comes down to it, that whole thread is bascially one big Stundie.
I've been posting in that thread, so I know exactly what you mean. Frankly, getting a calculation within two orders of magnitude is pretty good going for Malmoesoldier.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 09:23 AM   #116
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,534
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I've been posting in that thread, so I know exactly what you mean. Frankly, getting a calculation within two orders of magnitude is pretty good going for Malmoesoldier.

Dave
Fair enough. I think that's currently one of my favourite threads. It's just so wonderfully insane.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 09:28 AM   #117
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient
 
Firestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,958
A nomination from Belgium!

In a huge NWO-thread, someone posted a picture of an aurora borealis.
Our resident believer-in-everything writes:

Originally Posted by Pindar
...
maar er zijn wat zeg maar, wetenschappelijke problemen, met het noorderlicht.
En waarom? simpel. In werkelijkheid wordt het noorderlicht veroorzaakt door de "innerlijke zon" in het midden van de ja ja, verder holle aarde.
Translation:
Quote:
...
but there are, let's say, scientific problems with the aurora borealis.
And why? Simple. In reality the aurora borealis is caused by the "inner sun" in the midst of the (yes, yes) hollow earth.
And no, he is not joking.
__________________
The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it, with its skeptical protocols is the pathway to a dark age. -- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Firestone; 13th December 2007 at 09:30 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 09:59 AM   #118
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 26,747
Something obvious about 911

Dammit, this was posted in November so it's not eligible. I'm going to post it anyway. From alt.conspiracy on Usenet:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...27fce5122fa5d6#

Quote:
{Stuff about hypothetical nonexistent unconventional explosives snipped}

Consider that i'm a complete idiot, with no funds or organization, and i thought of this.
If the evil shadow government that planned 911 didn't consider this;
Then that's the real mystery.
If a complete idiot thought of it, that must have been the plan the evil shadow government used!

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 10:02 AM   #119
Furi
Felix Sapiens
 
Furi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,005
Hmm Sun you say... Hollow Earth you say...

If you got a hollow earther together with a flat earther in the same thread... you could cause a singularity with that density.

(How come the B word gets past the swear filter :P )
Furi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2007, 10:11 AM   #120
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,474
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Dammit, this was posted in November so it's not eligible. I'm going to post it anyway. From alt.conspiracy on Usenet:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...27fce5122fa5d6#



If a complete idiot thought of it, that must have been the plan the evil shadow government used!

Dave
oh its better with the hypothetical stuff unsnipped

its akin to saying NASA has warp drive and phasers because if some hollywood writer can imagine it surely the brilliant engineers at NASA could too
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.