ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 16th December 2007, 04:21 PM   #161
IMST
If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There'd Be a Whole Lot of Dead Copycats

Space travel is impossible and all space programs are a conspiracy to free up money for space based weapons. I'm pretty sure that's the gist of this:

Originally Posted by Tom Bishop
The Russians were actually the first nation to start a Space Program Conspiracy. Russia's Cold War motivation was to create the illusion of the militaristic domination of space. The US Government simply caught on and created their own conspiracy to compete.

In reality space travel is technologically impossible. Man has never been to space.

The motivation of the Conspiracy is a militaristic one. This is why all astronauts are members of the military. Once you create an illusion of the ability to reach space no other nation will touch you. There is no real research going on at NASA. It's a highly funded propaganda studio designed to create the illusion of America's grasp on space travel. A Saturn Rocket is 95% identical to an ICBM, after all.
link
Plus you get ignorance of astronauts, and a cold war era comparison of space programs (EU, Japan, China?)

ETA: Oh, Holy Crap: Here's a supporter who says the conspiracy is bigger than the US and Soviet governments and are hiding the fake space programs from those governments:
Originally Posted by The Great God Roundy
The governments were really just pawns in the global conspiracy's game. Only the members of the conspiracy and those who work for them (whether they are technically on the government's payroll or not) know about the true shape of the earth and the impossibility of spaceflight. When it was discovered that sustained spaceflight was impossible, it was hidden from the Soviet government so the conspiracy could profit on the perception that spaceflight is possible, and the perceived need to "win" the space race to prove global superiority. The same paradigm occurred when the Americans discovered the same thing; those involved with the initial attempts at spaceflight joined with the conspirators on the Russian side, both governments being completely oblivious to the intrigue that was developing around them. Since the 60s, the perception that being able to make it into space was important blinded the governments to the truth about the impossibility of spaceflight, and both were willing to pour massive budgets into making it a reality, budgets that they didn't know actually went towards sophisticated technology that allowed the conspirators to fake spaceflight and pictures of space, while having plenty left over to pay those few who knew the truth, and make a tidy profit themselves.
link

Last edited by IMST; 16th December 2007 at 04:46 PM.
IMST is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2007, 04:39 PM   #162
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by In My Spare Time View Post
Space travel is impossible and all space programs are a conspiracy to free up money for space based weapons. I'm pretty sure that's the gist of this:

link
Plus you get ignorance of astronauts, and a cold war era comparison of space programs (EU, Japan, China?)

Oh, Holy Crap: Here's a supporter who says the conspiracy is bigger than the US and Soviet governments and are hiding the fake space programs from those governments:
link
I'm willing to bet that these clowns also believe that the USG is covering up the existence of Aliens that crashed at Roswell in the 1940s.

The only Apollo Hoax believer that I ever met in RL told me all about how the USG had been reverse engineering advanced Alien tech since the Fifties and yet lacked the ability to send three blokes in a tin can to the Moon in 1969.

How do they (Hoax Believers) do it?
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2007, 05:14 PM   #163
Magenta
Graduate Poster

Going wrong with confidence

wtcconspiracy, on the Why Flight 93? thread:

Originally Posted by wtcconspiracy View Post
wow guess i never knew these planes could reach those speeds. When i researched the the boeing 757 the max speed was .80 Mach (530 mph, 458 knots, 850 km/h at 35,000 ft cruise altitude)....But so many laws of physics were broke this day i guess we can ignore the max speed a boeing can reach.....
Magenta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2007, 06:11 PM   #164
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Again, not a nomination, but...has Zlaya found his/her spiritual home?

Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA

JREF crowd likes Troy? That retard??

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es32LiSX2ug This is what you're behind? Hahahah!! Listen to his childlike voice shake.

Shows exactly where the JREF crowd is at, LOL!!

TROY! HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Yet, when you think about it, it makes sense. Your obsessions with characters like Avery, Jones, Griffin is the same.
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2007, 06:52 PM   #165
eromitlab
Muse

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
I'm not sure how that page works but after I click "Continue Thread" a few time he seems to be "yelling" at himself.
After I was done arguing with c_t, someone else went back-and-forth at that clown for a while, but that someone else deleted all those comments a couple of days later.
eromitlab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 02:54 AM   #166
Alareth
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
I'm not sure how that page works but after I click "Continue Thread" a few time he seems to be "yelling" at himself.

I seen several woos devolve into arguing with themselves on various forums since I became addicted to following the rantings of CT's.

Christophera nearly filled an entire page with replies to himself one day ...
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 05:48 AM   #167
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by AZCat View Post
At the suggestion of Slayhamlet I present to you, straight from the JREF forums, the contendah!

Argumemnon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 05:49 AM   #168
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I hereby nominate Richard Gage, AIA
No link, no joy.

Argumemnon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 06:54 AM   #169
ArmillarySphere
Muse

Originally Posted by In My Spare Time View Post

link
IMST: I think the Flat Earth Society is a joke, actually.

Sort of like these folks: International Man Will Never Fly Memorial Society
"Birds Fly, Men Drink"
ArmillarySphere is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 08:35 AM   #170
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
No link, no joy.
Oh here you go, this is another SLC nutjob exclusive.

http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com...age-redux.html
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 10:32 AM   #171
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by ArmillarySphere View Post
IMST: I think the Flat Earth Society is a joke, actually.

Sort of like these folks: International Man Will Never Fly Memorial Society
"Birds Fly, Men Drink"
nope, those flat-earth forums are quite serious, populated by flat-earth believers who are also quite real

you may be confused with another flat-earth site, which is in fact a joke
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djubl...rthsociety.htm
Old 17th December 2007, 10:40 AM   #172
ArmillarySphere
Muse

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
nope, those flat-earth forums are quite serious, populated by flat-earth believers who are also quite real
I guess I didn't want to believe that anyone considered this for real...
(The *other* link was hilarious, however)
ArmillarySphere is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 11:49 AM   #173
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

I will be making changes to the format next month and will hopefully get better equipment for Xmas (hint hint), but here's November's nominees.
Part One:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Part Two:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 11:53 AM   #174
uk_dave
Philosopher

I thought it was marti di bergi at first.

Let's boogie.....

ETA: That's a fine Australian accent

Last edited by uk_dave; 17th December 2007 at 11:55 AM.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 12:10 PM   #175
uk_dave
Philosopher

Nice one...erm.... two, Capt Columbo!!

uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 12:50 PM   #176
Hyperviolet
Damnum Fatale

Magnetic Manipulation
Originally Posted by damnzenman
The Illuminati are controlling our world through the use of the psychosocial, biological and electromagnetic manipulation of Human Consciousness
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4UQ5CHifqMs

The NWO's Kryptonite : Love.
Originally Posted by Rzzzz
EXCELLENT!!!

Let the angels of love guide us to wictory against these lizard parasites!!!!

REMEMBER: we don't care wether they are aliens or not!
we are going to defeat them with the love they have lost in their hearts
http://youtube.com/comment_servlet?a...%3DObvacBPpYFw

Alien Vs Predator NWO
Originally Posted by rr1200
Reptilian aliens exist just like Predator,Predator vs Alien movie. they build Pyramids also.
http://youtube.com/comment_servlet?a...%3DObvacBPpYFw

Last edited by Hyperviolet; 17th December 2007 at 12:51 PM.
Hyperviolet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 01:03 PM   #177
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Quote:
they build Pyramids also.

Woah Woah Woah! No one told me the NWO employed Goa'uld! I'm not working for some snakehead!
Old 17th December 2007, 01:06 PM   #178
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Woah Woah Woah! No one told me the NWO employed Goa'uld! I'm not working for some snakehead!
Oh hush. Think of the free shoes.
Old 17th December 2007, 01:08 PM   #179
HawksFan
Muse

Besides, you signed a contract. And you really don't want to know what the buyout is.
HawksFan is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 01:12 PM   #180
Hyperviolet
Damnum Fatale

It's supposed to be a secret.

Old 17th December 2007, 01:20 PM   #181
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by HawksFan View Post
Besides, you signed a contract. And you really don't want to know what the buyout is.
not to mention the early "retirement" plan.

Last edited by DavidJames; 17th December 2007 at 01:22 PM.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 01:49 PM   #182
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
Oh hush. Think of the free shoes.
Then we might reach the "shoe event horizon."
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 02:08 PM   #183
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eromitlab View Post
After I was done arguing with c_t, someone else went back-and-forth at that clown for a while, but that someone else deleted all those comments a couple of days later.
Ahh. Ok.
Old 17th December 2007, 02:08 PM   #184
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

description of a video apparently called "Disease don't just happen by itself"
Quote:
Doctors do not cure they treat and often do more harm then good
We don't need doctors
watch this video and learn to cure yourself
Its free
Don't pay doctors to kill you because they will put poison in your body using unnatural method.
Our body is able to defend itself from any kind of disease

The trick is to avoid meat
and go vegetarian
not convince? watch this documenatry and you will be able to grasp it.
http://conspiracycentral.net:6969/st...3357e5ffc793d1

not sure if you can view the description without registering, if not let me know and i will post a screenshot
Old 17th December 2007, 02:44 PM   #185
IMST

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
Then we might reach the "shoe event horizon."
on one hand, total economic ruin due to poorly manufactured shoes sounds like a bad thing, but evolving flight would be so much fun! Undecided about the cursing the ground bit.
Old 17th December 2007, 02:57 PM   #186
dbalsdon
Critical Thinker

This has gotta do well(from a Bebo fan page):
Originally Posted by Schmidt Fan Klub
Let's think about it, buildings were built in the 70s, the cold war was still in full force, so is it possible that maybe the "explosives" which i doubt were there anyway, we installed during construction, and were maybe designed to bring down the buildings in case of a soviet invasion or something, as a secret weapon for use when the soviet were going about the treets of NYC??

Just been informed that this was a theory that's been debunked before on here. As such, i'm no longer nominating this one.

Last edited by dbalsdon; 17th December 2007 at 04:38 PM.
dbalsdon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 05:05 PM   #187
eromitlab
Muse

Whenever a 9/11-related article is posted to reddit, you can count on it devolving into conspiracy woo, especially when it's related to building 7. If you're looking for Stundie nominations, it's a goldmine. reddit user Giuliani posted this gem in this thread linking to a story blaming Giuliani's placement of diesel tanks for causing the collapse of 7, showing the usual tr00ther ignorance.

Originally Posted by Giuliani
WTC contained a whole floor of Thermite, you can see it burning on any youtube WTC attack video that shows the collapse. Look for a 'dripping sparks' effect, this is a signature, SIGNTURE burn of thermite, that melts and drips as it fuelds it own reaction.

I know of nothing else that burns like that, and you see it burst out of the side of the floors near the top around 30-40 seconds before the building collapses.
eromitlab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 05:20 PM   #188
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by dbalsdon View Post

Just been informed that this was a theory that's been debunked before on here. As such, I'm no longer nominating this one.

No no! Keep it nominated! He's created a new twist on why the buildings were built with explosives:

Quote:
as a secret weapon for use when the soviet were going about the treets of NYC??

The idea that the best way we'd have to oppose a Soviet invasion of NYC would be to drop buildings on their heads is Stundie-worthy all on it's own!
Old 17th December 2007, 05:44 PM   #189
dbalsdon
Critical Thinker

Ok. Well, not able to edit the post again, so will nominate it here.

Same comment as above and same link.

Last edited by dbalsdon; 17th December 2007 at 05:45 PM.
dbalsdon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2007, 07:19 PM   #190
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

The idea that the best way we'd have to oppose a Soviet invasion of NYC would be to drop buildings on their heads is Stundie-worthy all on it's own!
my initial thought was not that it would be intended as a weapon against the soviets, but rather a scortched-earth tactic to prevent them from utilizing a 1300-foot vantage point, or all that radio and television broadcast equipment

of course that doesnt mean fan klub put that much logical thought into it, lol
Old 17th December 2007, 08:22 PM   #191
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

... but rather a scortched-earth tactic to prevent them from utilizing a 1300-foot vantage point, or all that radio and television broadcast equipment

Yeah, but then why refer to it as a "secret weapon"? It's not really a weapon, and scorched earth tactics have a long tradition in war (particularly when you consider the Russians' history), so it really wouldn't be secret.

Besides which, I don't expect many of the buildings would still be around, after the pre-invasion bombing and the post-invasion street-to-street fighting. How many tall buildings were left in Stalingrad or Berlin after the fighting there?
Old 17th December 2007, 10:48 PM   #192
Minadin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dbalsdon View Post

Just been informed that this was a theory that's been debunked before on here. As such, i'm no longer nominating this one.

If we didn't count stuff that had previously been debunked, we wouldn't have so many nominations. Of course, many of the best candidates are of the self-debunking variety.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2007, 07:08 AM   #193
Papermache
Thinker

In the "General Skepticism and the Paranormal" forum thread Are the real psychics hidden from us?, maatorc contributed this on Sunday:
Yes, I will give you a clue -
The personality behind the 'Shake-Speare' canon was in his day known to be the secret head of all the esoteric and occult organizations in the Western world.
He had direct contact with and authority from the highest levels of the English Crown who secretly supported him.
'Shake-Speare' means 'Shaker of the spear', 'Pallas Athena', protector of truth and justice.
William Shakspur did not write the plays.
The personality 'Shake-Speare' IS such a person.
He most recently lived in California and controlled the most active and successful esoteric operation in the Western world since the original English renaissance of the 16th. and 17th. centuries.
His authentically authorized successor presently preserves and transmits his work and teachings from a USA southern state.
I've included his entire post to preserve the context. If I had to chose one sentence for the award, it would be "The personality behind the 'Shake-Speare' canon was in his day known to be the secret head of all the esoteric and occult organizations in the Western world."
Papermache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2007, 07:21 AM   #194
Mobyseven
Philosopher

description of a video apparently called "Disease don't just happen by itself"

http://conspiracycentral.net:6969/st...3357e5ffc793d1

not sure if you can view the description without registering, if not let me know and i will post a screenshot
Just checked the link and it takes me to the nominated quote. Might want to screenshot it just in case - I don't know if that site does regular cleansing like LC used to.

CptColumbo: Fantastic! Loved it, absolutely loved it!
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2007, 04:30 PM   #195
IMST

my initial thought was not that it would be intended as a weapon against the soviets, but rather a scortched-earth tactic to prevent them from utilizing a 1300-foot vantage point, or all that radio and television broadcast equipment

of course that doesnt mean fan klub put that much logical thought into it, lol
Apparently I've been disease free for 11 years!
Thanks vegetarianism!

Oh, crap, I went to a doctor for a knee injury this year. I'm poisoned.
Old 19th December 2007, 05:08 AM   #196
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

from Kageki

No idea what is meant by the following

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...=101540&page=3

Originally Posted by kageki
I am not sure why the defense is always that dual citizenship is not a crime because that is not what is implied which is off course also incorrect

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2007, 05:25 AM   #197
Argumemnon
World Maker

It's that last part that makes it so confusing.

Old 19th December 2007, 07:44 AM   #198
tomwaits
Master Poster

I notice non-english speakers always spell "of course" as "off course" (it even happens in some video games), which is confusing.
tomwaits is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2007, 10:42 AM   #199
Minadin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
Ron Paul only rejected the Loose Change version of 9/11 truth that suggests Bush administration did it, no-plane-Pentagon, etc. He did not in any way dispute the possiblity that 9/11 was an inside job perpetrated on the US from outside the US, with only the help of some within the Bush administration.
Bolding mine.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2007, 10:52 AM   #200
steve s
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train
Ron Paul only rejected the Loose Change version of 9/11 truth that suggests Bush administration did it, no-plane-Pentagon, etc. He did not in any way dispute the possiblity that 9/11 was an inside job perpetrated on the US from outside the US, with only the help of some within the Bush administration.
Bolding mine.
So it was an inside/outside job. Or an outside/inside job. I'm so confused.

Steve S.

Last edited by steve s; 19th December 2007 at 10:53 AM.
steve s is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories