ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 21st December 2007, 12:35 AM   #241
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
Actually it was Sept. 30th of this year (2007) that you really needed a passport, and that is still only if you fly in. Same goes for Mexico.
Fair enough. This fact does not invalid the point
JEROME DA GNOME is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 12:38 AM   #242
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
This new law gives impedance for the need of a standardized ID.
No, it means the other countries must adopt an indentification system with tamper-proof security measures acceptable to the United States. And in any case it still invalidates your claims of checkpoint-free transnational highways. If that were the case, the WHTI wouldn't exist.

But we've already got a thread for discussing that, so let's take it back there, shall we?

Last edited by Corsair 115; 21st December 2007 at 12:39 AM.
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 12:42 AM   #243
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
No, it means the other countries must adopt an indentification system with tamper-proof security measures acceptable to the United States. And in any case it still invalidates your claims of checkpoint-free transnational highways. If that were the case, the WHTI wouldn't exist.

But we've already got a thread for discussing that, so let's take it back there, shall we?
Yea, a standardized ID.

Does this count as a response to your question in the other thread? I posted it here first.
JEROME DA GNOME is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 01:17 AM   #244
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

You do understand that until just a few years ago one could travel between Canada and the US without a passport.
You do understand that this thread is for nominating Stundies and not for debating the merits of the topics raised in the threads from which the nominations flow, don't you?
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 04:11 AM   #245
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I am still trying to get my mind around "at least no resistance". So you can have less resistance than none? What does negative resistance imply?
[pedant] Actually, "at least no resistance" is fine, because it specifies more than no resistance. "At most no resistance" would be rather more absurd, although it would actually be consistent with the rest of the quote. In effect, he's contradicting himself by saying this.[/pedant]

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 05:04 AM   #246
Dr Adequate
Banned

As bizarre reasoning goes, this one will take some beating.

According to John Loftus, the US government knows where the fabled Iraqi WMDs are, but is hushing it up.

ConspiRaider asks the obvious question:

Originally Posted by ConspiRaider View Post
As soon as I opened this silly link that Ron posted that Saddam's WMDs were "found": A big ole huge giant-sized thought materialized:

With the Bush Administration under so much criticism and ridicule over their invasion of Iraq concerning non-existent WMDs: Why am I going to this tucked away "symposium" to find out that geez - after all Saddam really DID have weapons of mass destruction? Wouldn't Bush the Lesser be holding a prime-time press conference to reveal this astounding news?
And pomeroo explains ...

Originally Posted by pomeroo View Post
It's hard to hold up any one of your specifically political posts as the silliest thing you've ever written, as they tend to blur together. This one makes a strong claim for the honor.

Possibly Bush didn't hold a news conference because Loftus has an insane, irrational hatred for the Bush family that almost equals your own. Bush loathes him and regards him as a crackpot.
If you think about that for too long, your brain will start to turn inside out.

Last edited by Dr Adequate; 21st December 2007 at 05:05 AM.
Dr Adequate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 05:40 AM   #247
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Can I nominate an e-mail that was posted to a group? This is from a truther open letter to Glenn Beck, and I am dying waiting for him to post it on his website:
I just hate it when those laws of physics are broken. Costs me a fortune, each time.

Last edited by Belz...; 21st December 2007 at 05:41 AM.
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 09:12 AM   #248
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

from james c at the uk 911 forum

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/vi...2115&start=150

not onlky does he pull the three building collapsing canard he doesnt even quantify it with the steel frame

Originally Posted by james c
You now need to prove how three buildings could for the first time in history have collasped completely due to progressive collapse, changing in one day the whole issue of building failures
you will notice he quickly follows with this peach

Originally Posted by james c
You see that is how debates work. I present one piece of evidence, you then present whatever explanation you can to counter it. Only in this case you cannot.
the thread is about physics and he fails to see that he is using history instead of physics in his argument

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 09:24 AM   #249
uk_dave
Philosopher

It's funny how progressive collapse and disproportionate collapse was known about by architects, structural engineers and damn near everyone else involved in construction, for decades prior to 9-11, but now 'truthers' have discovered it..... .........

...somewhat reminiscent of a teenagers attitude towards sex.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 10:39 AM   #250
Alareth
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I just hate it when those laws of physics are broken. Costs me a fortune, each time.

Off all the commonly used pro-conspiracy arguments, the ones where they claim the people behind it all were so powerful that they were able to alter the physical properties of the universe are the ones that make me laugh the most.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 10:55 AM   #251
Hyperviolet
Damnum Fatale

Originally Posted by Dr Adequate
If you think about that for too long, your brain will start to turn inside out.

Old 21st December 2007, 02:35 PM   #252
Mancman
Graduate Poster

Facebook nugget:

Originally Posted by Facebook Person
I don't feel the need to cite sources to back up my claims. I have a life. Maybe you should get one. If I didn't have a job I could sit here for hours telling you my sources and why I believe what I do. But for now you can keep listening to fox and I'll continue to ask questions.
Link (requires login)

Screenshot
Old 21st December 2007, 03:51 PM   #253
Dr Adequate
Banned

So ... he's not quite got enough of a life to stop him from making his claims --- just enough to stop him from backing them up.
Dr Adequate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 05:08 PM   #254
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dr Adequate View Post
So ... he's not quite got enough of a life to stop him from making his claims --- just enough to stop him from backing them up.

He has just enough of a life to not be truly dedicated to the truth and betterment of humanity. That's exactly what They want!
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 07:53 PM   #255
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Spelling errors aren't nomination material...except when they are.

Originally Posted by thewholesoul
and aeron russo in a conversation with one of nick rockerfeller
Originally Posted by thewholesoul
i am telling you that its Aaron - not Aeron Russo. please out of respect at least try get the spelling correct grravy. you wont be told again.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 08:05 PM   #256
Alareth
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dr Adequate View Post
Well, SHE is kind of cute at least. Does that count for anything?
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 08:23 PM   #257
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

You do understand that until just a few years ago one could travel between Canada and the US without a passport.

Impedance?
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 08:27 PM   #258
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
Impedance?
Impedance

Impedance: something that impedes
Old 21st December 2007, 08:28 PM   #259
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

When do I find out if I have won?

Old 21st December 2007, 08:39 PM   #260
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Impedance

Impedance: something that impedes
Okay, then. I don't understand what you were saying in your post in which you used the word impedance. It doesn't seem to fit in the context.
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 08:56 PM   #261
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

When do I find out if I have won?

Next year.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 09:05 PM   #262
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
Okay, then. I don't understand what you were saying in your post in which you used the word impedance. It doesn't seem to fit in the context.
The law creates a new hindrance which presents a need for a common ID.
Old 21st December 2007, 09:48 PM   #263
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

The law creates a new hindrance which presents a need for a common ID.
But from what you were writing:
Quote:
You seemed to be writing that there is a roadblock to the need for IDs, not that there is a roadblock that creates the need for IDs. At least that's how I read it and maybe what Elizabeth is writing about, but he/she can speak for him/herself.

If you wish to continue, I suggest you take it over to the thread for this topic, rather than continue to split your time between the two.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling

Last edited by CptColumbo; 21st December 2007 at 09:49 PM.
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 09:51 PM   #264
Kiosk
He Thinks He's People

Sorry to interrupt you gentlemen...

Moments ago, on the "Truth Movement Growing Or Dying?" thread, Zlaya rests his/her case. I think it's going to be pri-tty damn hard for those so-called "debunkers" to wriggle out of this one.

Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
Yes, even IF the towers fell because of plane impacts, 9/11 was still a false flag terror operation, which was clearly used to usher this never ending war on YOU the idiot terrorist who believes every piece of garbage NIST team gave you. Just the fact that those 19 guys got the idea, and that Osama was involved, proves a false flag operation.
Many of the medical profession are sceptical about my work. They point to my record of treatment of athlete's foot sufferers - 84 dead, 65 severely wounded, and 12 missing believed cured. But then, people laughed at Bob Hope. People laughed at my wife when she wrapped herself up in greaseproof paper and hopped into the Social Security office - but that doesn't mean that Pasteur was wrong.

Last edited by Kiosk; 21st December 2007 at 09:52 PM.
Kiosk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 09:53 PM   #265
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
But from what you were writing:
You seemed to be writing that there is a roadblock to the need for IDs, not that there is a roadblock that creates the need for IDs. At least that's how I read it and maybe what Elizabeth is writing about, but he/she can speak for him/herself.

If you wish to continue, I suggest you take it over to the thread for this topic, rather than continue to split your time between the two.
The statement was poorly worded. I understand the confusion. Sorry.

It was 2:27 AM when I wrote it.
Old 21st December 2007, 09:54 PM   #266
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

The statement was poorly worded. I understand the confusion. Sorry.

It was 2:27 AM when I wrote it.
Same thing happens to me at about the same time (It's when the bars have kicked me out).
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 10:02 PM   #267
tomwaits
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Kiosk View Post

Moments ago, on the "Truth Movement Growing Or Dying?" thread, Zlaya rests his/her case. I think it's going to be pri-tty damn hard for those so-called "debunkers" to wriggle out of this one.
Even if everything I've said isn't true, i'm still right.

Isn't this a variation on last month's winner?
tomwaits is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2007, 10:07 PM   #268
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Quote:
Yes, even IF the towers fell because of plane impacts, 9/11 was still a false flag terror operation, which was clearly used to usher this never ending war on YOU the idiot terrorist who believes every piece of garbage NIST team gave you. Just the fact that those 19 guys got the idea, and that Osama was involved, proves a false flag operation.
Huh?

Wow... just... wow.
Old 21st December 2007, 10:47 PM   #269
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tomwaits View Post
Even if everything I've said isn't true, i'm still right.

It's the last gasp of a dying brain. R.I.P. Zlaya's noggin...
Old 21st December 2007, 11:11 PM   #270
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

But wait! There's more!!!

Just a bit over an hour later...

Originally Posted by Zlaya View Post
it shows that the Hijacker (who was NOT in the hurry, remember?) did his best to do the least damage to the pentagon Possible.

He carefully lined up to that particular, recently renovated, recently reinforced for just such events, and almost empty section of the pentagon, instead of just diving and almost destroying the entire structure, killing top brass and really making some destruction happen.
Old 22nd December 2007, 12:13 AM   #271
Gazpacho
Master Poster

"false flag op" has become so cliche among the troofers it's not funny anymore
Gazpacho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2007, 08:25 AM   #272
apathoid

Take your pick:

Originally Posted by eyewitness86
Yadda, yada ..NO ONE can explain away the FACT that the Towers turned into dust.

Originally Posted by eyewitness86
The Towers literally peel away being pulverized, at near free fall speed. Steel core members turn to dust also!!
Link.
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2007, 08:57 AM   #273
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
I wonder if he meant "impetus" instead of "impedance".
Old 22nd December 2007, 09:08 AM   #274
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
I wonder if he meant "impetus" instead of "impedance".
No, I just constructed the sentence poorly.
Old 22nd December 2007, 11:58 AM   #275
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

look-up, on LCF, trying to convince Glenn Beck that "No True Twoofer" would send death threats:

Quote:
Stress to him that we are not the next Timothy McVeighs, and that McVeigh himself is now proven to be a patsy.

"We'll convince him we're not crazy, by acting crazy!"
Old 22nd December 2007, 01:03 PM   #276
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
look-up, on LCF, trying to convince Glenn Beck that "No True Twoofer" would send death threats:

"We'll convince him we're not crazy, by acting crazy!"
i think the quote is more amusing because in their mindsets they WILL be the next mcveighs

can anyone else think of a better patsy?
Old 22nd December 2007, 05:51 PM   #277
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Ace Baker, in his latest opus (at 16:59):

"Real planes leave real evidence."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1RWiw4hdvs

Words fail me.

Last edited by jhunter1163; 22nd December 2007 at 05:51 PM.
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2007, 06:38 PM   #278
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

No choppers, no 9-11?

From the same Ace Baker opus above:

18:30 "You can't have 9-11 without news helicopters can ya? If there was no helicopter shots, everybody'd be going "where were the helicopters?"

In fact, I'd like to nominate all sixty-two minutes and fifty-six seconds of this turd as one long-running stundie.
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2007, 07:30 PM   #279
dbalsdon
Critical Thinker

Just watched what I could of that Ace Baker video. And all I can say is "Holy ******* ****" They take two different bits of footage, at two different angles, and try to pass them off as the same footage????????

And thought a video I saw once, where they kept zooming in(and severely ruining the quality of footage) on the plane strike at the first tower in an attempt to pass it off as a missile, was the lowest of the low, but i've been proven wrong here.

I agree with fitzgibbon. That whole video should be nominated. How can anyone with half a brain cell believe that crap???

Last edited by dbalsdon; 22nd December 2007 at 07:31 PM.
dbalsdon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2007, 05:51 PM   #280
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

I don't know if this should be a stundie or just a notable mention, but this truther on Facebook made this statement that I think was absolutely hilarious.

Quote:
Well, i think after revaluation of what Enriq and other research i don't think the government has looked into the investigation enough. I was once as ignorant as all of you now i leave to further liberation.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2211830485
I've accomplished more without film school than most people, such as yourself, will EVER accomplish. Period. Jealousy is a bitch, and I'm sorry you're experiencing it, but don't spew ******** like that and expect to not be corrected. This is why you were banned from my forums in the first place.
- Dylan Avery on the budget of his film.
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories