ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 23rd December 2007, 07:43 PM   #281
JamesB
Master Poster

Hah, he finally posted it on his website, so now I can cite it. Here is Alfons from Veterans for 9/11 Truth, an organization composed largely of non-veterans who couldn't care less for the truth.

http://v911t.org/

Quote:
· At the Pentagon something approached at an oblique angle and penetrated 6 walls creating a 12 ft, nearly perfectly round punch out hole in the 6th wall. The walls at the Pentagon were designed to resist penetration, yet a 757 flew right threw 6 of them. This is impossible. Then the FBI collected all the surveillance videos near by, and hide them from public view.

· At the WTC metal got hotter than it could possible get (over 1400 degrees C), and stayed hotter (up to 100 days) longer than it could possible stay that hot. Breaking the laws of thermodynamics.

· At the WTC the towers collapsed with at least no resistance at freefall, maybe even faster. Breaking the laws of physics.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2007, 08:24 PM   #282
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

LastChild, today.

Quote:
The fact is he is still not charged for 9/11. As for Spain's indictment I would be interested in seeing any updates or more details regarding it. Still no evidence besides the confession.
Yeah. Besides the perps admitting, even bragging, that they did it, what have the debunkers got?

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2007, 10:30 PM   #283
soylent
Muse

JamesB, that reminds me: I once saw a truther on youtube argue that the "fact" that WTC fell faster than freefall speed requires a vacuum which means the buildings must have been imploded with explosives.

It was quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard before or since.
soylent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2007, 08:46 AM   #284
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by soylent View Post
JamesB, that reminds me: I once saw a truther on youtube argue that the "fact" that WTC fell faster than freefall speed requires a vacuum which means the buildings must have been imploded with explosives.

It was quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard before or since.

lol, yeah. We've had a truther here say something very similar (that buildings subject to CD fall so fast because the explosives create a vacuum that sucks the debris downward). I think it was nominated for a Stundie, too.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2007, 10:03 AM   #285
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Hah, he finally posted it on his website, so now I can cite it. Here is Alfons from Veterans for 9/11 Truth, an organization composed largely of non-veterans who couldn't care less for the truth.

http://v911t.org/
Well, this one's got my vote.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2007, 02:55 PM   #286
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Anyone who supports population reduction should be killed!

Originally Posted by Malmoesoldier View Post
yes i have that thread and it is full with facts, anyone that dont agrees with that and states that they think we should reduce they have no future on this planet and will get shot and die like everyone else that wish humanity harm.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2007, 03:22 PM   #287
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Hmm, interesting line of thinking...
"Call me violent, and I'll kill you."

Merry Christmas, everyone!

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2007, 02:32 PM   #288
JamesB
Master Poster

I hereby nominate Frank Legge and Tony Szamboti, tautologically from the Journal of 9/11 Stundies, who point out that little known fact that building fires actually increase the strength of buildings.

http://journalof911studies.com/volum...impossible.pdf

Quote:
As the steel sags two things will happen: the columns, as they shorten, will become wider, which is obvious; and the inherent strength of the steel will increase, which is not obvious. It is well established however that the yield strength of steel increases as the degree of distortion increases.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-

Last edited by JamesB; 27th December 2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added link
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2007, 04:07 PM   #289
Dr Adequate
Banned

A promising new contender:

Originally Posted by iAmerican View Post
In 1985, a Federal Dist. Court Jury, deliberated the Defamation suit brought by E. Howard Hunt against the publisher Liberty Lobby, determining that the CIA committed the assassination of John Kennedy. We know from evidence developed since, that George H.W. Bush and Richard Nixon were principals in the treason which restored the Fed to control of our money supply and sent 58,000 of us to die for Roman Catholic interests in S.E. Asia.

Clinton, whose ostensible idol was JFK, failed to act on that Jury's judgment, did Waco and NAFTA, and emulated the Reagan White House, which established diplomatic relations with The Vatican, cooperating with Rome’s stratagem for illegal immigration.

Now in-the-closet, draft-dodging W. has committed 9-11.

May The People make Obama Elect, and make Ourselves a Righteous Nation once more.
Dr Adequate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2007, 09:39 PM   #290
TriskettheKid
Graduate Poster

I'd like to nominate the Journal for the Advanced Study of the Death of JFK.

This is on their "About" page:
Quote:
"Anyone sincerely interested in this case who does not conclude that JFK was murdered as the result of a conspiracy is either unfamiliar with the evidence or cognitively impaired."
http://www.assassinationresearch.com/aboutus.html

Sound...familiar?

Wonder why?

Check out the editors on this page:

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/submissions.html
TriskettheKid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2007, 09:51 PM   #291
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by TriskettheKid View Post
I'd like to nominate the Journal for the Advanced Study of the Death of JFK.

This is on their "About" page:

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/aboutus.html

Sound...familiar?

Wonder why?

Check out the editors on this page:

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/submissions.html
actually i found it familiar because the same logic is used by creationists, specifically the young-earth breed
Old 28th December 2007, 10:05 AM   #292
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I hereby nominate Frank Legge and Tony Szamboti, tautologically from the Journal of 9/11 Stundies, who point out that little known fact that building fires actually increase the strength of buildings.

http://journalof911studies.com/volum...impossible.pdf
Steel becomes stronger when damaged ?

Well, that'll revolutionise the engineering industry!

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2007, 10:31 AM   #293
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

From the above "paper."

Quote:
It appears therefore that the official concept of a free fall collapse of the upper portion through the initiation storey, due to heat effects from fire, is a fantasy.
Correct!!!

It is a fantasy that the NIST report clames a pancake type collapse initiated the global failure.

ooops
Old 28th December 2007, 11:04 AM   #294
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Is there going to be a "Stundie of the Year"?

Well, is there? Could we put together a list of the top vote-getters and let people vote on the most outstanding?

What does anybody think?
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2007, 05:40 PM   #295
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
Well, is there? Could we put together a list of the top vote-getters and let people vote on the most outstanding?

What does anybody think?
I think we will have to do it next year after December's winner is decided. Unless we just sample the twelve months up to November.

Has the November winner been decided yet?
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2007, 05:47 PM   #296
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
I think we will have to do it next year after December's winner is decided. Unless we just sample the twelve months up to November.

Has the November winner been decided yet?
We should do it like the Academy Awards. Let the year end, give it a month or so, then let people decide what was the greatest of the great from 2007.

You know how the NCAA has March Madness? We can have Fanatic February. Maybe folks can suggest other good F-words to go with February.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost

Last edited by jsfisher; 28th December 2007 at 05:59 PM.
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2007, 06:03 PM   #297
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
We should do it like the Academy Awards. Let the year end, give it a month or so, then let people decide what was the greatest of the great from 2007.

You know how the NCAA has March Madness? We can have Fanatic February. Maybe folks can suggest other good F-words to go with February.
Sounds good to me, but I'm not the Tyrant.

Also, because next year is a leap year, we'll have an extra day for the Feckless Fanatic February Failure Festivities.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2007, 07:02 PM   #298
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Nominated as a textbook example of the conspiracy theory circle:

Originally Posted by kageki View Post
In fact doesn't a cover-up indicate there was a conspiracy?
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2007, 12:08 AM   #299
Garb
Muse

Another facebook jewel, a Loose Changer who decided to one-up the 9/11 Mysteries stove experiment:

http://hs.facebook.com/topic.php?top...2586#post19972
Quote:
Take time to do this small practical test: Turn your cooking stove hot plate to around 80 deg Celcius, and place your hand on it and hold it their for several minutes whilst you cry for help. Cry really loud as if you are 100 floors off the ground, and you have no escape, but please do one thing, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR HAND.
And then later on:

Quote:
Take a moment to think about this, then take a moment to realise that those poor people did not die in vain. Let their loss be your gain.
I thought their loss was the Bush Administration's gain?

But I blew up the apartment. Only way to be safe.
-kookbreaker
Garb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2007, 12:10 AM   #300
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Garb
Take time to do this small practical test: Turn your cooking stove hot plate to around 80 deg Celcius, and place your hand on it and hold it their for several minutes whilst you cry for help. Cry really loud as if you are 100 floors off the ground, and you have no escape, but please do one thing, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR HAND.

What are we supposed to learn from this?
Old 29th December 2007, 12:36 AM   #301
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

How so much stupid must hurt.

Last edited by Slayhamlet; 29th December 2007 at 12:40 AM.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2007, 12:42 AM   #302
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

im not sure, but it makes me think of the people who "removed their hand" by jumping from 100th story windows

not a pleasant image
Old 29th December 2007, 11:47 AM   #303
TriskettheKid
Graduate Poster

I just found this on GameFAQs.

This comes from Snow_Rock:

Quote:
I thought that carbon dioxide was much heavier in the past?
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=40435216
TriskettheKid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2007, 12:17 PM   #304
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by TriskettheKid View Post
I just found this on GameFAQs.

This comes from Snow_Rock:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=40435216
in context he appears to be referring to atmospheric concentrations, not actual weight, so i dont think its really stundie worthy

plus it doesnt appear to be conspiracy-related
Old 29th December 2007, 12:18 PM   #305
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Mechanical engineer Heiwa has some rather fundamental misunderstandings about physics. He says the Twin Towers could not have collapsed. But what if they did?

Originally Posted by Heiwa View Post
So no potential energy can be released.

But let's assume it does. Why would this energy then act on the structure below? The mass above - and its energy - is disconnected from the structure below! And regardless - the structure below is very strong and will just deflect any energy coming from above.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2007, 06:01 PM   #306
Mobyseven
Philosopher

To once and for all put the questions to rest: YES, VIRGINIA, THERE WILL BE A STUNDIE AWARD FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR.

But I have to wait til we have our December winner before I can put it together, meaning it probably won't happen until late January/early Feb.
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2007, 06:27 PM   #307
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator

From our own kageki in the JFK thread:

Quote:
So you can't explain the motion of JFK's head. You can't because Occam's razor would say that JFK was shot from the front. I mean the Zapruder film wasn't even released until years later right? There is also reasons to believe it has been edited and also a fourth video that has yet to be apparently released.
I always thought a conspiracy theorist bringing up Occam's Razor would cause an irreparable rift in the space time continuum. Guess not.
EventHorizon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2007, 04:18 PM   #308
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
I always thought a conspiracy theorist bringing up Occam's Razor would cause an irreparable rift in the space time continuum. Guess not.

They just create other realities in which the conspiracy theorist can exist, ensuring their survival in the event that one of those realities actually gets destroyed.

I especially like the typical CT claim that, "the video proves the 'official story' is a lie, even though I think the video itself is actually fake in some way."
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2007, 04:56 PM   #309
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Look what I hath wrought:

Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post
Any terrorist attacks that I expect to witness will have been financed, armed and trained by the American New World Order.

You folks live in a dream world that is fine until the bubble bursts.

And it will be burst.

MM
Old 30th December 2007, 06:40 PM   #310
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Our very own Max Photon reminds us of the duality principle for time and distance:

Originally Posted by Max Photon View Post
Ben, have you been away for a light year (which is - like - a year)?

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2007, 09:06 PM   #311
Mobyseven
Philosopher

nominations Iz Closed!
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2008, 09:47 PM   #312
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

Originally Posted by Mobyseven View Post
nominations Iz Closed!
When and where do I find out if I have won?

Where do I collect my prize?

Last edited by JEROME DA GNOME; 1st January 2008 at 09:47 PM.
JEROME DA GNOME is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:21 AM   #313
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
When and where do I find out if I have won?

Please make an attempt at not trolling. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=102401
Old 2nd January 2008, 06:51 AM   #314
JEROME DA GNOME
Banned

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Please make an attempt at not trolling. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=102401
Thanks for the link, but what was the purpose of asking me not to troll?

I am not a finalist. I guess it is only a Stundie if it is a foolish statement, not if the submitter did not understand facts.
JEROME DA GNOME is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2008, 01:40 AM   #315
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
I am not a finalist. I guess it is only a Stundie if it is a foolish statement, not if the submitter did not understand facts.

Many foolish statements are nominated, but very few make it to the finals. You'll have to try harder next month.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2008, 09:33 AM   #316
volatile
Scholar and a Gentleman

Is there a January thread yet?

ETA: Thanks, CC - post moved there!

Last edited by volatile; 5th January 2008 at 09:48 AM.
volatile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2008, 09:43 AM   #317
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Is there a January thread yet? I wanted people to see this gem of a post:
Right here:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=102396
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories