ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:11 AM   #1
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Study of educated professionals.

I am doing a study of educated professionals who still promote the moronic notion of a massive cover up in regard to the events of 911.

If this message made it through your foil hat it would be interesting if you could just post your age, education level, and place of residence.
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:20 AM   #2
fagin
Philosopher

End of thread.

Hopefully.
Old 22nd October 2017, 12:04 PM   #3
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I'm in my late 50s, have a doctorate and have been a professional scientist for ovr 30 years. But I'm not one of them, I'm one of the ones who knows they're full of crap.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 07:26 AM   #4
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I'm in my late 50s, have a doctorate and have been a professional scientist for ovr 30 years. But I'm not one of them, I'm one of the ones who knows they're full of crap.

Dave
Correction they are not full of Crap, they are Crap, actually probably below crap on the evolutionar Scale.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:27 AM   #5
bknight
Muse

Another individual who knows 9/11 is not a conspiracy and my profile has everything about me. I will list age 70, BS Petroleum Engineering living in Houston, Texas.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:31 PM   #6
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I don't see this as being a successful study. But good luck!

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2017, 09:08 AM   #7
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I don't see this as being a successful study. But good luck!

So, a perfect fit for 9/11 Truth research, then?
Old 24th October 2017, 09:12 AM   #8
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
I am doing a study of educated professionals who still promote the moronic notion of a massive cover up in regard to the events of 911.

If this message made it through your foil hat it would be interesting if you could just post your age, education level, and place of residence.
Sheeple
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 02:59 PM   #9
MicahJava
Master Poster

The demolition expert lady I briefly talked to at my old job who agreed that WTC 7 was a controlled demolition.

Education level: Demolition expert, hands-on experience setting "plastic explosives on columns", as she told me.

Residence: Somewhere in Texas. This was over a year ago.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 03:08 PM   #10
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Education level: Demolition expert, hands-on experience setting "plastic explosives on columns", as she told me.
And you fell for it hook, line and sinker.............

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 03:13 PM   #11
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
And you fell for it hook, line and sinker.............
She may have been dumbing it down a bit for me, a lowly food worker :P
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 03:15 PM   #12
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

You should have slapped her for insulting your intelligence.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 06:25 PM   #13
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

You are saving your money up for college though, correct? If not, I really recommend the benefits of a first class education. A good chance to hone your critical thinking skills under the guidance of knowledgeable and skilled professionals.

Of course, I could be wrong about your situation, though. Fundamental attribution error, you know.

Last edited by LSSBB; 25th October 2017 at 06:26 PM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 09:58 AM   #14
Allen773
Muse

I'm not a professional, but I have a B.A. Does that count?

(PS: I'm not a Troofer either.)
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 10:00 AM   #15
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
I'm not a professional, but I have a B.A. Does that count?

(PS: I'm not a Troofer either.)
I would think a BA qualifies as professional.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 10:05 AM   #16
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
I would think a BA qualifies as professional.
In the truth movement it qualifies you as a world expert on a completely different subject.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 12:29 PM   #17
fuelair
Suspended

Troofers suck it through a tube!!!!!!! With complete pride in their intellectual FAIL!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2017, 01:56 AM   #18
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
The demolition expert lady I briefly talked to at my old job who agreed that WTC 7 was a controlled demolition.

Given that this information would be world-shaking, and result in the exposure of a massive and evil conspiracy, what did your lady friend do about it?
Old 5th November 2017, 09:58 AM   #19
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Did you ask her if she could have set up a controlled demolition of that building without making it obvious to the tenants in the building that she was doing so?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2017, 10:02 AM   #20
FFTR
Scholar

BS in Forest Management
MS in Wildland Fire Science

Not a "truther".
FFTR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2017, 11:23 AM   #21
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Did you ask her if she could have set up a controlled demolition of that building without making it obvious to the tenants in the building that she was doing so?
I think you have to understand that, to MicahJava, the word "agreed" has a slightly different meaning to the rest of us; it generally tends to mean "totally disagreed, but said something that, when taken out of context and suitably distorted, comes close enough to disagreeing with the official story, albeit in a different way to the way I wanted it to, to pretend that she actually agreed." It's a subtle distinction that's sometimes easy to miss.

Dave

Old 7th November 2017, 08:52 PM   #22
MicahJava
Master Poster

I think you have to understand that, to MicahJava, the word "agreed" has a slightly different meaning to the rest of us; it generally tends to mean "totally disagreed, but said something that, when taken out of context and suitably distorted, comes close enough to disagreeing with the official story, albeit in a different way to the way I wanted it to, to pretend that she actually agreed." It's a subtle distinction that's sometimes easy to miss.

Dave
I don't know what you're implying. I just asked that lady "Do you think Building Seven was a controlled demolition". I did not say World Trade Center. She understood what I meant, and said almost exactly this: "They say seven is a lucky number, but on nine-one-one it wasn't. I was in jail when that happened". When asked to specify if she really thought WTC 7 was a controlled demolition, she nodded, and smiled in a way that let me know that she knew what I was talking about.
Old 7th November 2017, 10:09 PM   #23
Loss Leader
Do you want to date my Avatar?

I have a Masters Degree in Political Science and I can say with some degree of certainty that this isn't a very well-designed poll.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2017, 10:23 PM   #24
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
I have a Masters Degree in Political Science and I can say with some degree of certainty that this isn't a very well-designed poll.
Was it the lack of the potato option?
Old 8th November 2017, 01:51 AM   #25
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
I don't know what you're implying. I just asked that lady "Do you think Building Seven was a controlled demolition". I did not say World Trade Center. She understood what I meant, and said almost exactly this: "They say seven is a lucky number, but on nine-one-one it wasn't. I was in jail when that happened". When asked to specify if she really thought WTC 7 was a controlled demolition, she nodded, and smiled in a way that let me know that she knew what I was talking about.
So she didn't say she agreed, then?
Old 8th November 2017, 02:12 AM   #26
Dave Rogers

In other words, precisely what I said you meant by "agreed". All I can do at this point is marvel at your extraordinary lack of self-awareness.

Dave

Old 8th November 2017, 07:00 AM   #27
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Let me see ... this lady who had been in jail on 9/11 said that 7 wasn't a lucky number, and nodded and smiled in a mysterious way at the more direct question, and this was a significant moment for you?

Did she turn and quietly walk away, perhaps looking over her shoulder nervously?
Old 8th November 2017, 07:09 AM   #28
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Let me see ... this lady who had been in jail on 9/11 said that 7 wasn't a lucky number, and nodded and smiled in a mysterious way at the more direct question, and this was a significant moment for you?

Did she turn and quietly walk away, perhaps looking over her shoulder nervously?
Of course, we can't accept this until we can track down this person and have her interviewed by investigators. The whole case could hinge on this. Anything less is simply disregarding the victims. Right?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2017, 07:22 AM   #29
ahhell
Graduate Poster

45 year old structural engineer. 9/11 was a conspiracy involving a dozen or so primarily Saudi citizens.
ahhell is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2017, 07:40 AM   #30
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Look up "confirmation bias." Please read it multiple times.
Old 8th November 2017, 07:45 AM   #31
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Of course, we can't accept this until we can track down this person and have her interviewed by investigators. The whole case could hinge on this. Anything less is simply disregarding the victims. Right?
This could be the one witness who blows the whole thing wide open for the truth movement! [1]

I'm also slightly interested what she was in jail for on 9/11. It might have some slight bearing on her credibility as a witness. [2]

Dave

[1] Except, of course, that she didn't actually witness anything.
[2] See [1].

Old 8th November 2017, 08:21 AM   #32
bknight
Muse

This could be the one witness who blows the whole thing wide open for the truth movement! [1]

I'm also slightly interested what she was in jail for on 9/11. It might have some slight bearing on her credibility as a witness. [2]

Dave

[1] Except, of course, that she didn't actually witness anything.
[2] See [1].
Why should this make any difference to MJ, the inference fits his conspiracy so he accepts it without questions.
Old 12th December 2017, 10:09 PM   #33
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

I know one, went to MIT, PhD from UCLA, was talking to him 3 days ago and he went on this. He mentioned certain of the usual stuff, but wasn't so keen on the Jews being involved. Take a guess why.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2017, 05:24 AM   #34
JSanderO
Master Poster

I don't care for the phrase - holes in the official story... On the other hand it is not without some gaps... perhaps minor. For example... Why didn't security camera capture each of the hijackers in the airports? Or were there not many of them back then? How was the assessment that 7 would collapse made? Who actually made the call? How and when was the diesel fuel recovered? How much?
Old 13th December 2017, 08:21 AM   #35
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Oh so many holes in the official story! E.g. NIST kept the public completely in the dark about the questions:
What was the largest piece of toilet bowl recovered from the rubble?
Why did the North Tower antenna fall? It was neither hit by a plane nor subjected to fires
Why did tjey not correct the angle at which UA175 hit wtc2? It's been showm by independent researchers to be 1 degree different fron NIST's fraudulent claim
What made the core spires collapse?
What was the purpose of #7 hitting Fiterman Hall? Was that really coincidence, or who profited?
They never studied the destruction if St. Nicholas church. What do they have to hide??
Old 14th December 2017, 07:17 PM   #36
JSanderO
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Oh so many holes in the official story! E.g. NIST kept the public completely in the dark about the questions:
What was the largest piece of toilet bowl recovered from the rubble?
Why did the North Tower antenna fall? It was neither hit by a plane nor subjected to fires
Why did tjey not correct the angle at which UA175 hit wtc2? It's been showm by independent researchers to be 1 degree different fron NIST's fraudulent claim
What made the core spires collapse?
What was the purpose of #7 hitting Fiterman Hall? Was that really coincidence, or who profited?
They never studied the destruction if St. Nicholas church. What do they have to hide??
hahahahahahaha
Old 15th December 2017, 06:33 PM   #37
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post

Oh man, it's all clear to me now: Atheists Did 9/11!!!!11!!!!!1
Old 15th December 2017, 07:02 PM   #38
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Oh man, it's all clear to me now: Atheists Did 9/11!!!!11!!!!!1
Silly.

St. Nicholas church was a Greek Orthodox church. The greatest enemy of any religious denomination is never atheists, nor religions with vastly different believes, but their almost indistinguishable next-of-kin brethren*.

I'd look at either the Russian Orthodoxy, or the Copts.
OMG, was Atta a closet Copt?!?

ETA
* Anecdote, from memory, to illustrate the point:
Kiev's Saint Sophia's Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is administered by the secular state, and its premises are made available to the various church denominations on an equal rights basis. But both the Ukrainean Orthodix church and the Russian Orthodox church have serious claims on the cathedral, and eye with great suspicion and envy the priviliges the other church seems to be getting.
Wikipedia: "Although all of the Orthodox churches have been allowed to conduct services at different dates, at other times they are denied access. A severe incident was the funeral of Patriarch Volodymyr of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Kiev Patriarchy in 1995, when riot police were forced to prevent the burial on the premises of the museum and a bloody clash took place.[citation needed]"
What Wikipedia doesn't tell you is that the Ukrainian Orthodox rioters, when prevented from entering the cathedral's premises, tore open the public pavement just outside the main gate, perhaps 30 steps away, and spontaneously buried the Patriarch there - and that's where his grave is to this day! "Splitters!", I say, thinking of the Life of Brian, because that's exactly how that animosity between the two Orthodox churches feels.

Last edited by Oystein; 15th December 2017 at 07:18 PM.
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2017, 04:25 PM   #39
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
I don't care for the phrase - holes in the official story... On the other hand it is not without some gaps... perhaps minor. For example... Why didn't security camera capture each of the hijackers in the airports? Or were there not many of them back then? How was the assessment that 7 would collapse made? Who actually made the call? How and when was the diesel fuel recovered? How much?
Never lose sight of the strong analogy between the processes of debates "truthers v accepted narratives" and "creationists v evolutionary science".

"Over there" in the creationist v evolution camp those "holes in the official story" are the gaps in the fossil record. Plug one hole by producing a transition fossil and LO - there are TWO GAPS in the record.

And - compared with creationists - truthers are relative novices at finding gaps.

...and "they" are far better fund raisers than even Gage and AE911

Last edited by ozeco41; 16th December 2017 at 04:27 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2017, 12:21 PM   #40
Allen773
Muse

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
45 year old structural engineer. 9/11 was a conspiracy involving a dozen or so primarily Saudi citizens.
To be precise: 15 Saudis, 2 Emiratis, 1 Egyptian, and one Sunni Lebanese national. Additionally, there were several other Saudis (Osama bin Laden of course), a few Egyptians (Ayman al-Zawahiri and Mohammed Atef), a few Yemenis (Ramzi Bin al-Shibh chief among them), and a Kuwaiti of Balochi-Pakistani descent (Khalid Skeikh Mohammed) who were directly involved in the planning and execution of the plot, and maybe a few others who were intimately involved with aspects of planning, training, funding, and/or facilitating the so-called "Planes Operation."

And there were scores more of Al-Qaeda and Taliban-affiliated jihadis in training camps and elsewhere in the world, and donors to jidahis and other tacit supporters and sympathizers (including very likely a significant Saudi-sponsored support network of clerics and even some government support both within the US and outside the US that had direct and/or indirect ties to bin Laden, along with several people in Pakistani intelligence and perhaps various agents and employees of some other governments in the Islamic world) who knew or at least had some idea that something was going to happen in the late summer or early fall months of 2001 - something big, like, oh, I don't know, a major attack or attacks of some sort on American and/or other Western targets, perhaps?

But overall, besides the 19 hijackers, I would be surprised if more than like, 10-12 people (including bin Laden himself) knew the full details of the "Planes Operation." Even that number is fairly large for a successful terrorist conspiracy - but then again, the 9/11 attacks were pretty large and complex as a terrorist operation - which is why there were so many warning signs, red flags, and dots that unfortunately, weren't connected in time.

By all accounts, many people in the CIA, the FBI, etc. were absolutely certain that (again) something big was going to happen, but they only had pieces of the puzzle, and there was a LOT of noise - the system was "blinking red" in the spring and summer of 2001, after all! But that meant that there were a lot more threats, or reports of threats, that were coming in every day that were NOT verifiable, if not false alarms themselves. Again - separate the BS from the real stuff. Easy to say "well it was obvious" with hindsight, but hindsight means ****** in real-time.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if bin Laden and co. were actively planning a "second wave" of major attacks after 9/11 - I'm certain that they thought about it! But obviously, the CIA, Special Forces, and Northern Alliance (to start with) threw a big wrench in whatever else al-Qaeda might have planned and possibly implemented after 9/11, to put it mildly...

Edited by TubbaBlubba:  Edited for rule 10 - do not circumvent the autocensor.

Last edited by TubbaBlubba; 21st December 2017 at 10:33 AM.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories