ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 16th November 2017, 03:31 PM   #41
CORed
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 8,151
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
From this post I can only conclude that your definition of "think" is, "Swallow a giant load of complete nonsense, hook line and sinker."

So, Are you planning on providing some real evidence to support the crap in your OP, or are you just going to make snide remarks like the one quoted as people point out the gaping holes in it?

Last edited by CORed; 16th November 2017 at 03:36 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 03:33 PM   #42
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,709
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
True, but you do bring us together, so thanks for that.
__________________
I once proposed a fun ban.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 03:45 PM   #43
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,514
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
It is sad that you can't be bothered to give us anything worth thinking about, except maybe what to make for dinner.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 03:49 PM   #44
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 26,579
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Can I assume said ruckus will begin soon? There hasn't been a good ruckus in 9/11 threads in years, I so look forward to one..................
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.


https://youtu.be/Xo21CkoxEmA?t=1m10s
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 04:06 PM   #45
slyjoe
Graduate Poster
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins
Posts: 1,568
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
My irony meter will never be the same.
You still have one? This forum has blown all of mine into tiny pieces.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 04:11 PM   #46
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 12,131
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
We can and regularly do - better than you, in fact.
__________________
"Sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from incompetence. = godless Dave
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 04:26 PM   #47
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,174
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
I "think" it is funny that you typed "free fall speed" while talking about your physics "calculation."
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 05:13 PM   #48
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,625
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Perfect.................

(I was wondering if someone would get it)
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 16th November 2017 at 05:15 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 05:40 PM   #49
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,625
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
Well.......you're just a poopy head. Sorry I didn't mean that, please continue on to the ruckus..............
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 06:29 PM   #50
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,956
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
You still have one? This forum has blown all of mine into tiny pieces.
Try recalibrating your sarcasm meter and using it as an irony meter
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 06:31 PM   #51
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,956
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I "think" it is funny that you typed "free fall speed" while talking about your physics "calculation."

Students who have only ever studied the Googleversity School of Physics and Engineering all make that fundamental error!
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 06:43 PM   #52
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,504
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
Says the guy who assumed no one here has a Physics degree.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 06:49 PM   #53
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,504
For Free Fall, see earlier discussion:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...light=Freefall
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:44 PM   #54
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,869
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I "think" it is funny that you typed "free fall speed" while talking about your physics "calculation."
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post

[bsbsbs...]

Now, on to the evidence. I can understand that some of the details might be hard to understand for people who don’t have physics degrees like I do, but
Drop your pants and let's see your fisics degrees.
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum

Last edited by BasqueArch; 16th November 2017 at 07:50 PM.
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:50 PM   #55
JSanderO
Master Poster
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 2,844
Where is the physical evidence of several tons of found melted steel? We have anecdotal observations perhaps... but nothing retrieved like an ingot of solidified melted steel.

There was some fused... more like cemented together bits found which was called the meteor... I believe... nothing looks melted and re hardened in it.

To make a claim like that one would need some hard evidence... and a claim that it was spirited away to conceal it is just rubbish.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 02:14 AM   #56
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 27,444
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
This is, of course, using the 9/11 truther definition of "think," which means "Obediently repeat whatever garbage some other conspiracy theorist has fed me."

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 04:29 AM   #57
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,213
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Try recalibrating your sarcasm meter and using it as an irony meter
I have a multimeter for sale, it breaks no matter what input you feed it.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 06:41 AM   #58
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 27,444
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
Some people argued against the official position, such as that [...] tower 7 fell at free fall for a few seconds (it also says this in the NIST report).
No, nobody has said that in the thread.

Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
Another said that it was nonsense that there were lateral ejections of concrete,
Not only has nobody said that, you didn't even make the claim that there were lateral ejections of concrete.

Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
that the concrete was pulverized in mid-air,
Mid-air generation of enormous quantities of dust was observed. There were many other substances than concrete in the towers, not least drywall, which were identified as the major sources of dust after the collapses. If your claim that "concrete was pulverized in mid-air" is based purely on visual observation of the collapses, then you're the one who's too lazy to think.

Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
and that the towers fell at free fall.
The accelerations of WTC1 and WTC2 are well known to have been less than 1G. Only WTC7 fell at an acceleration close to 1G for a part of its collapse.

Making up arguments and attributing them to your opponents is called the strawman fallacy, and is a subset of lying. That, however, is more or less what's to be expected from Holocaust deniers.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 06:44 AM   #59
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,416
2/10.
Too transparent, not original enough.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 06:52 AM   #60
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 26,579
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
2/10.
Too transparent, not original enough.

I don't know; I thought the commingling of both trutherism and holocaust denial was refreshingly honest, albeit probably inadvertently honest.
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 03:22 PM   #61
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,709
Surely its time for a petty break:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
I once proposed a fun ban.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2017, 07:21 AM   #62
slyjoe
Graduate Poster
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins
Posts: 1,568
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Try recalibrating your sarcasm meter and using it as an irony meter
That meter was dustified a long time ago.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2017, 08:05 AM   #63
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,514
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
That meter was dustified a long time ago.
After which it fell at free fall speed symmetrically into its own footprint.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2017, 12:20 PM   #64
JohnG
Pedantic Bore
 
JohnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Abandon All Hope
Posts: 6,787
What's the melting point of irony?
__________________
Do not weep. Do not wax indignant. Understand. - Baruch Spinoza
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2017, 03:32 PM   #65
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 27,444
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
What's the melting point of irony?
It's the temperature at which irony-rich microclues are generated.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:48 AM   #66
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,175
Got himself yellow-carded already. Well, he was warned.

This really is chess with pigeons, isn't it?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 05:11 AM   #67
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,416
Jet fuel can't melt the mods' icy hearts...
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:49 PM   #68
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.

Let me think for a minute............................................ ..........I think that you are NOT the 911 Truther you say you are, and in fact, you are just here to create a lot of ruckus for the fun of it. For an example, you wrote:

Quote:
Here is another thread where I can cause a ruckus:

I will prove that the official story about 911 is false.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:58 PM   #69
JohnG
Pedantic Bore
 
JohnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Abandon All Hope
Posts: 6,787
Some people are just a sucker for a ruckus.

Don't be a ruckus sucker.
__________________
Do not weep. Do not wax indignant. Understand. - Baruch Spinoza
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 02:08 PM   #70
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17,239
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
What's the melting point of irony?
Irony loses its structural strength at a much lower temperature though.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 06:09 PM   #71
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006
 
Spindrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Right here!
Posts: 19,246
I guess the ruckusivity (ruckusity?) didn't meet his standards. We really should be ashamed of ourselves.
__________________
I've always believed that cluelessness evolved as an adaptation to allow the truly appalling to live with themselves. - G. B. Trudeau
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Kay, Men in Black.
Enjoy every sandwich. - Warren Zevon
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 07:40 PM   #72
JohnG
Pedantic Bore
 
JohnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Abandon All Hope
Posts: 6,787
Ruckus? No luckus!






I'm so lonely.
__________________
Do not weep. Do not wax indignant. Understand. - Baruch Spinoza
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 09:23 PM   #73
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
I thought about this years ago, and it was nonsense then Too.

Simple connection failures and Fraudulent for profit huckstery explain everything you posted.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2017, 03:46 AM   #74
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,213
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
I thought about this years ago, and it was nonsense then Too. ...
Oh you shilly fool! Dontcha know that intense Truthing Spirituality has the Power of altering historical facts? What does it matter that the world had figured out 9/11 by about 9/12? Just decide you can't imagine that reality is really real, call that thinking, and you're almost there! Let's join hands, close our eyes, pluck our ears, and chant with me: "NINE ELEVEN WAS AN INSIDE JOB! NINE ELEVEN WAS AN INSIDE JOB! NINE ELEVEN WAS ..."
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2017, 04:05 AM   #75
MetalPig
Illuminator
 
MetalPig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 22, Acacia Avenue
Posts: 3,043
Don't ruck us; go ruck yourself.
__________________
Just drive.
MetalPig is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2017, 07:38 AM   #76
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,533
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
If your going to troll, At least don't be lazy about it.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
----------------------------------------------
Proud woo denier
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2017, 08:15 AM   #77
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,021
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
It is sad that you guys can't be bothered to think.
For a 9/11 truther, no thinking is needed. You picked the easy road to spreading lies, repeating failed taglines and idiotic claims.

You don't have to think, fantasy takes no effort. You googled 9/11, found idiotic claims and blindly believe. You did not think about it, you were fooled by BS.

Quote:
1. Rapid onset of destruction,
2. Constant acceleration at or near free-fall through what should have been the path of greatest resistance,
3. Numerous eyewitness accounts of explosions including 118 FDNY personnel,
4. Lateral ejection of multi-ton steel framing members distances of 600 feet at more than 60 mph,
5. Mid-air pulverization of 90,000 tons of concrete, and large volumes of expanding pyroclastic-like dust clouds,
6. Isolated explosive ejections 20 to 60 stories below the “crush zone,”
7. Total destruction and dismemberment of all three buildings, with 220 floors each an acre in size missing from the Twin Towers’ debris pile,
8. Several tons of molten steel/iron found in the debris piles,
9. Evidence of thermite incendiaries on steel beams,
10. Nanothermite composites and iron microspheres found in WTC dust samples.

To me, it seems pretty clear that there is something wrong here.
1. Rapid what? lol, a 9/11 truth tagline you blindly repeat due to ignorance.
2. There is no path of least resistance for a building collapse, if there was, the bullets would veer off into the air and take the path of least resistance, they don't, they kill. This is the dumbest tag line you could fall for.
3. Not one witness heard explosives, some heard bodies hitting the ground. You forgot to check your facts, you failed again.
4. Go ahead, explain with physics the exact energy required to eject what was ejected. BTW, the WTC collapse due to gravity had the energy of over 100 tons of TNT. You can't do physics, you say you can, but you did not do more than repeat lies you googled from a movement based on ignorance.
You can't do more than repeat lies, no physics, just woo.
5. There was no mid air pulverization of 90,000 tons of concrete, another lie you googled, without thinking.
6. Air coming out due to the collapse, you failed to think and accepted 9/11 truth nonsense.
7. All 220 floors sitting in the pile, not missing, another lie you accept without think - a statement which make no sense except to people who can't think for themselves.
8. No melted steel found, you did not think, you blindly repeat another lie.
9. There is no evidence of thermite on WTC steel, you lied, or repeat another lie from 9/11 truth without thinking.
10. No, they did not find thermite in the dust, they lied, you failed to read the paper and see there is no proof for thermite. You fall for lies without thinking.

Your post about thinking, is called projection. You don't have any practical knowledge of physics, but you "think" you do.

The best part of this thread, the failed title, "I am a 911 Truther", as you spread 9/11 truth lies. If you were thinking, you would have the title of, "I am a 9/11 liar". You have no evidence, and don't know it
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232

Last edited by beachnut; 22nd November 2017 at 08:20 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 09:10 AM   #78
Scott Sommers
Illuminator
 
Scott Sommers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,859
Originally Posted by ShamelessGit View Post
Here is another thread where I can cause a ruckus:

I will prove that the official story about 911 is false.

First, I will make an appeal to authority. Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, but I find it amusing to use it on a “skeptic” forum, because it is the argument used most often by "skeptics". But I agree with the authorities in this case, so I should automatically win on a skeptic forum. Architects and Engineers for 911 truth don’t believe the original story either. You know, they have tried to have a public debate about 911, but the debate never took place because they could not find a Ph.D. in a related field to support the official position. So there is unanimous agreement among qualified people who have studied this subject.

Now, on to the evidence. I can understand that some of the details might be hard to understand for people who don’t have physics degrees like I do, but one should not need a physics degree to understand their core arguments. http://www.ae911truth.org/gallery/evidence.html

1. Rapid onset of destruction,
2. Constant acceleration at or near free-fall through what should have been the path of greatest resistance,
3. Numerous eyewitness accounts of explosions including 118 FDNY personnel,
4. Lateral ejection of multi-ton steel framing members distances of 600 feet at more than 60 mph,
5. Mid-air pulverization of 90,000 tons of concrete, and large volumes of expanding pyroclastic-like dust clouds,
6. Isolated explosive ejections 20 to 60 stories below the “crush zone,”
7. Total destruction and dismemberment of all three buildings, with 220 floors each an acre in size missing from the Twin Towers’ debris pile,
8. Several tons of molten steel/iron found in the debris piles,
9. Evidence of thermite incendiaries on steel beams,
10. Nanothermite composites and iron microspheres found in WTC dust samples.

To me, it seems pretty clear that there is something wrong here.

Now, for the second proof. This will be an absolute mathematical-style proof showing a contradiction between the evidence and the claim.

Claim: The weight of the floors above the collision caused the lower levels to collapse.
Assumption: F = ma
Assumption: The towers fell at free fall speed for a couple seconds during collapse
Assumption: Steel resists deformation (F, the force of the steel beams resisting collapse, is greater than 0)

Using these assumptions, I can set up a physics equation. Here m is the mass of the tower, g is the acceleration due to gravity, a is the acceleration of the tower as it collapsed, and F is the force of resistance from the steel beams.

ma = mg – F

m*9.8 = m*9.8 – F

m*9.8 - m*9.8 = F = 0

Conclusion: The last assumption was that F > 0. The other assumptions show that F = 0. 0 is not greater than 0, therefore there is a contradiction, and the claim is false.


Another note: “Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams” is used as a meme to mock 911 truthers. Often, no rebuttal of this statement is offered; it is simply mocked, like how children mock each other by repeating what another child says in a silly voice. Sometimes, it is explained that steel does not have to melt in order to lose structural integrity. That explanation is totally superfluous, because it does not explain how the undamaged floors beneath offered close to 0 resistance as the tower collapsed, nor does it explain the steel beams found fused together in the wreckage, nor does it explain the molten steel seen pouring out the side of the building in footage shortly before collapse, nor does it explain the tons of molten steel found at the collapse site, nor does it explain how the concrete fused with the steel.

This is also a fun video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5iIoCiI8g
Come on you guys, it can't be all that bad. At least he's only a Truther and not one of those paranoid schizophrenics that the Internet has convinced are victim of God-knows-what that plant electrodes in their brains and skin. Can you imagine how terrible that must be? There's one woman in the town were I grew up who photographs 'suspicious' looking license plates and posts them on her Facebook.

In comparison with this, our new found Truther friend
ShamelessGit seems to have reasonable logic skills and fine mental health. He or she or it is just wrong. And there's nothing wrong with that, is there now?

I would encourage our new-found Truther friend to give a more extensive list of reasons he or she or it feels these point are seminal. For example, why is it that point #7. Total destruction and dismemberment of all three buildings, with 220 floors each an acre in size missing from the Twin Towers’ debris pile. Now I am not an engineer nor a building professional of any sort, but I do know that all of the 7 WTC buildings were rendered destroyed by the attacks of 9/11. The idea that only 3 (WTC 1,2,and 7) were crushed by the attacks is silly and sounds like it is based on a Judy Wood-type analysis of things. So why care about Buildings 1, and 2, and 7 when in fact it was buildings 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 were all crushed into the ground?

Ohhhh...I am so tired. I think I typed the same thing last week. My Truther friend, ShamelessGit, I love you like I love all the friends of Jesus, but I want to know about your suffering. Were you abused as a child? Raised in a one-room school house? Are you really illiterate? Tell me more about the life-style that lead you to this insanity and I will do my best to relieve your suffering.

Like a Brother.

Love,
Scott.
__________________
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 1st December 2017 at 09:19 AM.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 09:19 AM   #79
Ranb
Philosopher
 
Ranb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WA USA
Posts: 9,262
Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
....I would encourage our new-found Truther friend to give a more extensive list of reason he or she or it feels these point are seminal.
Git posted 20 times in three days last month. I think the little ripple he made on the forum was not enough to encourage any further activity. I doubt we'll see anything else from this person.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 09:31 AM   #80
Scott Sommers
Illuminator
 
Scott Sommers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,859
Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
Git posted 20 times in three days last month. I think the little ripple he made on the forum was not enough to encourage any further activity. I doubt we'll see anything else from this person.

Ranb
You're so right. But I feel compelled to address his pain. Just think how painful it must be to believe that you live in country where the government slaughters thousands in the streets. Just speaking about it would be dangerous.

Imagine if you were Richard Gage or - dare I say Tony Szamboti? Your life would be in danger. You would be another Che Guevara or George Washington. While people laughed at you incessantly -- and Tony, make no mistake of it, it's the laughter of ridicule -- you believed you were building a greater world, a freerer world for them and their children.

But it all seems to be gone now...gone in a flash of 15...what is it now 16, 17 years? And no one other than a cadre of the mentally ill and the really badly educated white working-class kids that care about what you have to say.

It must be tough to be a 9/11 Truther in this day and age. I wish I could help, but then...it is a really stupid idea.
__________________
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.